Paula Creamer swing sequence

pgarob

Anyone have one?
Hey guys!!

I have been searching the net for a good swing sequence of Paula Creamer but could not find one. Do any of you guys have her swing on file (from adam smith?) or know where I can see a new swing sequence of her?

Thanks very much

Rob

Titleist TSR3, 9*, Project X HZRDUS Black
Titleist TSR 3, 15*, Project X HZRDUS Black

Titleist T200 2-iron, Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 96, X-flex
Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron, KBS Tour X
Titleist 680, 5-9, KBS Tour X 
Titleist Vokey SM8 48.08F, 52.08F, 56.10s, & SM9 60.08M, KBS Tour X
Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
Pro V1x

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS ARE DIRECTLY SOLELY TO JIM HARDY FANS:

I think Paula falls into the increasingly prevalent hybrid "one-plane-backswing-with-an-arms-release" category. Though she appears to get into a nice one-plane position at the top, she then pulls her arms down early in the downswing and extends her hands way down the target line like a two-planer, rather than keep the left arm and right elbow back (a la Furyk, Duval, Snead, Hogan, McCarron, Pernice, etc.) and whip the right forearm around the body, as a true one-planer would. It seems that there are several players more or less using this hybrid swing, such as Zach Johnson, Trevor immelman, Aaron Baddely, Rod Pampling, etc. "Synching" the arms and body is an issue in an "arms release", hence the comments about retarding her body rotation to avoid "spinning out". True "one-planers" don't "spin-out": they rotate their chest, hips and shoulders as hard as they can in the downswing.

Paula, she is my favourite player, uses a hand controlled "swing".

although her body moved very well, but it look like to me that the body is following(controlled by) the arms. I find it very similar to Ochoa. and the release is more adrupt. (snap)

Annika is also using a hand controlled swing. however she did not drive her right elbow as deep in front as the above 2. thus a more sweeping release.

One plane? .. The concept.. pardon me, is contradicting.

One plane? .. The concept.. pardon me, is contradicting.

How so? Hardy's definition is very simple; what is "contradicting" about: "a 'one-plane' swing is one characterized by a top of the backswing position where the left arm lies more or less in the same plane as a line drawn through the shoulders"?

"Hand controlled" swing? Now that, pardon me, is contradictory! How can something at the ends of your arms "control" any other part of the body other than the wrists?

Maybe a better way to say is arm controlled swing. Well, the hand can lead the rest of the body, you dont think its possible ? but it is possible! you just didnt hear of it before, its called Educating the hands. But please dont ask me to explain this , its a huge subject.. if u are interested find brian manzella or lynn blake to explain it to you. Have fun talking to them :idhitit:. if u want i got a list of coach who can teach you.

Few things why One plane two plane is contradicting.

No.1 If the world is seperated by one plane and two plane > why most of the PGA players are still hybrid after the book is out? So are all the top 10 coach are wrong?

so One plane backswing and 2 plane downswing or

two plane backswing and One plane downswing rather ..? So why bother classify them that way? so its easier to call them a hybrid. and those hybrids are still leading in accuracy , trophies, length. Stats dont lie.

Most PGA player are Hybrid.

2ndly , you are saying that Tiger , who is No.1 , Annika who is no.1 , who both are "hybrid" are wrong ? Yeah u can argue and say if tiger puts his elbow behind his hip he will be better blah blah. But he did it , right? He is one of the most accurate and longest iron player on earth now, how are u going to argue about the results?. how bout annika?

3rdly, count how many PGA player who are pure one plane and pure 2 plane. 50%? ... Frankly i could outcount the number of fingers i got. Most of them are JH students. Are they dominating like Tiger or Annika?

4thly, One plane was supposedly to follow Ben Hogan, and what reason the dynamics, the rhythm , the look of Ben Hogan is not at all similar looking than "One plane Swing" ? The only thing that looks the same is the arm is the same as shoulder on the backswing. But not mostly similar. like ben hogan uses his hips and TIlt during the throughswing..

5thly, so was Ben hogan is doing over the top move like the One plane swing?

6th, the last i see Peter Jacobsen, doesnt look 45degree bending down, or look perfectly center throughout the swing. so is he a pure one planer?

7th Technically speaking .. What is a Plane? define. by the way ,, every plane is linked to the ball.

9th so what u call Moe Norman . Minus One plane? because the shaft arm and shoulder is on one plane? ok thats poking fun . sorry.

10th . So this Fred Couples, so he not too huge, and hits its a long way with a smooth tempo. he did not follow the model of one plane or two plane perfectly. So he is wrong too? How you explain that? Furthermore, can u kindly explain why he hits it further and probably much straighter than us using the one plane or two plane theory?

SO , the only thing i can deduce is A hybrid is the best swing. Ooops? Not contradicting enough?

Plently more .. i can at least think of 5 more.

To HIT the ball is easy, to hit them with a consistent pattern is not hard, To hit it efficiently (long and straight)is not easy.

If the book is titled , Simple swing for dumies, Arm controlled or body controlled swing. Maybe its less confusing. I say that this book is contradicting.. but I am Not trying to make a point that its wrong.. Maybe time will tell they are right one day ...

I'm not a very good golfer, nor a good teacher, I thought this was a really cool book, bought 2 in fact , followed it for 6 months, could not improve, until a buddy who is an expert golfer pointed all these to me .

Sorry if i blabbered .

Maybe a better way to say is arm controlled swing. Well, the hand can lead the rest of the body, you dont think its possible ? but it is possible! you just didnt hear of it before, its called Educating the hands. But please dont ask me to explain this , its a huge subject.. if u are interested find brian manzella or lynn blake to explain it to you. Have fun talking to them :idhitit:. if u want i got a list of coach who can teach you.

I KNOW BRIAN AND HAVE TAKEN LESSONS FROM HIM. EDUCATED HANDS ARE IMPORTANT BUT THEY CAN'T PHYSICALLY CONTROL THE PIVOT.

Few things why One plane two plane is contradicting.

No.1 If the world is seperated by one plane and two plane > why most of the PGA players are still hybrid after the book is out? So are all the top 10 coach are wrong?

YOU EXPECT CHANGE TO HAPPEN THAT FAST? DON'T BE SILLY.

so One plane backswing and 2 plane downswing or

two plane backswing and One plane downswing rather ..? So why bother classify them that way? so its easier to call them a hybrid. and those hybrids are still leading in accuracy , trophies, length. Stats dont lie.

Most PGA player are Hybrid.

YES, MOST PLAYERS ARE HYBRIDS. SINCE FUNDAMENTALS HAVE BEEN MIXED (AND STILL ARE BY MANY COACHES) WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT? HARDY ACKNOWLEDGES THIS IS THE CASE; WHO WOULDN'T?

2ndly , you are saying that Tiger , who is No.1 , Annika who is no.1 , who both are "hybrid" are wrong ? Yeah u can argue and say if tiger puts his elbow behind his hip he will be better blah blah. But he did it , right? He is one of the most accurate and longest iron player on earth now, how are u going to argue about the results?. how bout annika?

FIND ME WHERE HARDY EVER SAID THESE PLAYERS WERE WRONG? ONE PLANE/TWO PLANE IS ABOUT PROVIDING GOOD INFORMATION AND USEFUL MODELS. CHAMPIONS HAVE PLAYED ALL DIFFERENT WAYS. BUT MOST OF THE ENDURING GREATS (HOGAN, PLAYER, SNEAD, SARAZEN) WERE ONE-PLANE.

3rdly, count how many PGA player who are pure one plane and pure 2 plane. 50%? ... Frankly i could outcount the number of fingers i got. Most of them are JH students. Are they dominating like Tiger or Annika?

YOU'RE REPEATING YOURSELF; HYBRIDS PREDOMINTAE BECAUSE, UNTIL HARDY CAME ALONG, NO ONE UNDERSTOOD THAT THERE ARE TWO SEPERATE SETS OF FUNDAMENTALS.

4thly, One plane was supposedly to follow Ben Hogan, and what reason the dynamics, the rhythm , the look of Ben Hogan is not at all similar looking than "One plane Swing" ? The only thing that looks the same is the arm is the same as shoulder on the backswing. But not mostly similar. like ben hogan uses his hips and TIlt during the throughswing..

YOU'RE MISTAKEN; HOGAN FOLLOWS HARDY'S FUNDAMENTALS VERY CLOSELY.

5thly, so was Ben hogan is doing over the top move like the One plane swing?

YES; LOOK AT THE DOWN-THE-LINE FOOTAGE IN "IN PURSUIT OF PERFECTION" DVD.

6th, the last i see Peter Jacobsen, doesnt look 45degree bending down, or look perfectly center throughout the swing. so is he a pure one planer?

AGAIN, YOU'RE MISTAKEN. THERE IS A DOWN-THE-LINE SEQUENCE OF JAKE HITTING A 5-IRON ON BRADY RIGGS SITE; RIGGS' MEASURES JAKE'S SPINE ANGLE AS 51*.

7th Technically speaking .. What is a Plane? define. by the way ,, every plane is linked to the ball.

OH, YOU'RE JUST CHANGING DEFINITIONS; THAT NONSENSE WAS PUT TO REST OVER A YEAR AGO (EVEN MANZELLA THREW IN THE TOWEL ON THAT ONE).

9th so what u call Moe Norman . Minus One plane? because the shaft arm and shoulder is on one plane? ok thats poking fun . sorry.

MOE WAS ONE-PLANE: LEFT ARM IN LINE WITH THE SHOULDERS AT THE TOP.

10th . So this Fred Couples, so he not too huge, and hits its a long way with a smooth tempo. he did not follow the model of one plane or two plane perfectly. So he is wrong too? How you explain that? Furthermore, can u kindly explain why he hits it further and probably much straighter than us using the one plane or two plane theory?

FREDDIE IS A HYBRID: A ONE-PLANER WITH A FLYING RIGHT ELBOW, AS IS JOHN DALY AND THE YOUNG JACK NICKLAUS. HARDY LOVES THOSE SWINGS; HE ALSO LOVES FURYK'S. THE ONLY ISSUE IS THAT TIMING BECOMES MORE IMPORTANT, BUT THESE SUPERB ATHLETES PULL IT OFF.

SO , the only thing i can deduce is A hybrid is the best swing. Ooops? Not contradicting enough?

HUH? FIND ME BETTER SWINGS THAN HOGAN, SNEAD AND MICKEY WRIGHT...ALL ONE-PLANE.

Plently more .. i can at least think of 5 more.

To HIT the ball is easy, to hit them with a consistent pattern is not hard, To hit it efficiently (long and straight)is not easy.

If the book is titled , Simple swing for dumies, Arm controlled or body controlled swing. Maybe its less confusing. I say that this book is contradicting.. but I am Not trying to make a point that its wrong.. Maybe time will tell they are right one day ...

YOU ARE MAKING ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE...

I'm not a very good golfer, nor a good teacher, I thought this was a really cool book, bought 2 in fact , followed it for 6 months, could not improve, until a buddy who is an expert golfer pointed all these to me .

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR BUDDY IS A DISGRUNTLED TGM'ER JEALOUS OF HARDY'S ACCLAIM. AS I SAID ABOVE, I KNOW BRIAN MANZELLA AND HAVE TAKEN LESSONS WITH HIM. HE ADMIRES HARDY AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER INSTRUCTOR OUT THERE. IN YOUR OWN CASE, I'D SAY THAT NO ONE CAN LEARN FROM A BOOK; THE DVD SET IS MUCH BETTER BUT A HARDY-TRAINED INSTRUCTOR IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

Sorry if i blabbered .

A LOT OF WORDS BUT NOT MUCH OF A CASE FOR "CONTRADICTING"...

OMG you say Hogan follow hardy fundamentals closely. I dont see the resemblence with hardy and hogan. Hogan is definitely not doing Over the Top. How come Hogans hands is nuetral to weak? try to play Hardy model using that grip .. Hogan have a tilt and his shoulder directed towards the ball during the downswing. U can download a video at www.lynnblakegolf.com Hogan home video to see him swing alot of times and he deliberately doing a slow motion swing, his right shoulder tilts downwards during the downswing,, Not square square ..its a big difference and definitely NOT hardy. Lynn blake swing much more like Hogan . so your point? Sounds like someone did not understand and crack the Hogan Code and made up a swing.

FYI, Hardy also admitted that one plane and two plane is confusing. He would have called the book arm orientated or body orientated swing. The One plane is a technical name created none other by JH.

I'm not making sense because one plane and two plane is the only technical term u understand . Simply. I can have mixed sets of fundamental and i can still hit the ball . I can be a hybrid and still hit the ball well. SO ? why bother? do you hit longer or more efficient.. I think NOT... I dont think u see the point. The only info you have is from the plane truth book. All the people i know learning from hardy book are still Casting. So obviously Lag isnt important. Oh sorry, there is No LAG in the The Plane Truth.

You are telling me brian manzella threw in the towel with planes? So , A plane is FLAT and straigth like a mirror correct?

Show me geometrically from setup till top of swing, that the One plane theory , How the arm is moving along one plane, How the shoulder and arms is one plane. How both are following a single plane.. Its not possible... I think Moe Norman model is the closest you can get and fit to be called by JH a single plane. but it will be a wrong book .Unless one plane is a coned shaped???? Actually the arm have to Shift from one plane to another in a "one plane swing" IF u dont understand... find a piece of mirror with a hole at the center and try it.

So a Plane is flat not coned... Brian threw in the towels? My goodness since when the Plane had changed its term?check the dictionary? Last i checked its straight. The OPS term corrected, should be In line ONLY at the top of the swing, or the multiple planes coincides at the top of the swing. not One plane at least there is more than 2 planes already. show me ONE, I will show u at least 3 .. Why bother use the word plane if your arms cannot travel on a plane or same plane with the shoulder? JH Changed the meaning of a Plane . Or one plane will only be correct if you only count the top position. Oooops How can u need to call that a Plane when it needs only be In Line only at the top of the swing. The term is there for a reason. Golf God did not create the word plane just because they feel like it. So who is changing the Term of Plane .. OH i did not create the term my friend. You do not understand !

The best so called one plane model is to me is by Steve barnes . Aussies. That my friend... hits far and long and super efficient. you dont have to stand 45deg to do it . Geoff was his students too. Very little manipulations! and Stuart longest is 380 + yards in tour . Geoff hits it long and very relaxed. he is not a huge guy.

So you are just saying Hybrid is not wrong and what do you mean by best or uncompensated swing? ... Just because the internet says so? and only One plane and two plane is correct Because? Hardy say so? Tell me why its more efficient? because u can hit straighter and further? So what is a uncompensated swing means? That is another huge subject and can mean a lot of things to alot of people..

Sam snead and hogan are NOT hardy's one plane. Far from it. and they dont swing on One plane . According to the dictionary.

I guarantee, without proper info. Hacker still casting . Sam Snead and Hogan don't cast, . Tell me which set of fundamental from the plane truth show to stop casting. to me it amplifies casting. You dont want to cast for 2 reasons. Power, and impact. You will have way better impact with your hands beyond the ball.

Again, a lot of words and not much to show for it. Whether you like it or not, Hogan and Snead are Hardy's one-plane models. If you can't see that, than you don't understand Hardy's one-plane model (most of his critics don't). But, so what? Stick with what works for you.

BTW, I understand TGM, probably better than you do, as well as what Leadbetter, Harmon and the rest teach. Hardy clarifies it all for me, as well as for a lot of others.

At least the Slot swings sites examples and shows pictures of top players making the move he describes. This is something that Hardy has never done in a publication. With all your knowledge, what players are you working with these days? Who have you made a better player this year?

For the Hardy camp, the hybrid category is very popular. The Plane Truth is helping better define these two swings which should not be mixed so the future of golf will have more one and two plane swingers with fewer hybrids

At least the Slot swings sites examples and shows pictures of top players making the move he describes. This is something that Hardy has never done in a publication. With all your knowledge, what players are you working with these days? Who have you made a better player this year?

For the Hardy camp, the hybrid category is very popular. The Plane Truth is helping better define these two swings which should not be mixed so the future of golf will have more one and two plane swingers with fewer hybrids

Nonsense; Hardy identifies plenty of one and two-planers that make the moves he describes, past and present (including his own students), in his book, seminars, forum posts and dvds. Subsequent dvds will include swing sequences with commentary.

I'm not an instructor, but, I've become a better player and my member-member team partner (a two-planer) has become a better player because of Hardy's information, and the best player at my club has totally bought into Hardy (and he is a two-planer) after I introduced it to him. Unlike you, he thinks it makes total sense.

The hybrid swing is prevalent for obvious reasons: influential people like your boss have primarily endorsed two-plane fundamentals, yet many of the all-time greats have been one-plane: hence, mixing is inevitable. If you think mixing works, fine. You're just making life harder for you and your poor students.

JEFFY,

I have totally Nothing against How Jim hardy golf swing. It worked for u great ! Its definitely one of the Easiest way to swing a golf club, a perfect caster swing, Granted. But it did not explain alot of other things .

There is many kinds of swings. Probably a 1000s Kinds of drills. 1000 of ideas about a swing.. All existed for a reason.. good or bad. Take a pick.

Jeffy, the only problem I have is The logic to split the swing world (NOW THAT is a HUGE CLAIM) into "one, two" Plane dont sound right because He changed the meaning of the Plane from the Dictionary, and therefore the world of Golf. and His maths is wrong. Or his geometry is wrong. You are making it sound like its either this combo or that combo or Hybrid combo. Then you are "right" . SO u are either a pure type or hybrid type.People led to think that if you are a Hybrid type you are NO GOOD . and everyone who knows only a little of golf wants to be a pure type right? then problem arise..

(I am very upset because ,) This seriously mislead ALOT and ALOT of player to think there is only 2 pure models . They go into a lesson with a well qualified coach thinking that mind frame and instead do not trust the coach to give them the best solution, because they think , "you are not qualified. I read the plane truth and you are not teaching that, coz Mr Hardy says that" ! and then they hit a plateau and get fustrated. That is a complain from the consumer(ME) point of view. Super misleading and super contradicting. wasted 6 months of my time learning and eventually found out that i did not improve much at all.

What Hardy teaches doesnt even look like Hogan. . Hogan got closed Stance in his driver and open in his wedge. Hogan Tilts on his way down, hardy say u must stay center and straight. Hogan use a nuetral grip and fights a HOOK, hardy say very strong grip so that you will draw. Hogan use a pitching action elbow behind the hip or in front if someone argues, hardy puts elbow At the side Seam ( thats far away from hip) also use torso to Punch. Hogan use Hip to initiate downswing Hardy Say torso . Hardy say 45 deg bend over , Hogan stands 36 to 41 deg. Hogan tilts his shoulder so that it will go down the plane on the way down, Hardy say it must be symetrical. Hogan have a Flat left wrist at impact , if u study TGM u will know why its important, It was not explained in Hardy. Hogan also does not intend to swing over the top.. Check his home video.. in www. lynnblakegolf. Thats when he is old and his concept is fixed, and he did it in slow motion to show the point, check elbow, shoulder etc, (sorry my friend you got me fired about this.) And to claim that its a HOGAN swing.. Thats Huge !! and I as a consumer IS NOT convinced. whats so similar about it.. ?? except for that arm position that coincides with the shoulder ????

If he wrote a book say, how to find your swing, How to build a simple swing. OK it will help people more instead of mislead and spoil their game. He made 2 HUGE claims which potential destructive to the instructions to golf.. so.. its up to the consumer like me to use common sense , to find answers and the courage to change my own believe.

We have a saying. If u dont have a big head. Dont wear a big HAT.

So if u keep on intending to join the band wagon to mislead the general golfing public. I wish u good luck

You are entitled to your believe, everybody is. But for the love of golf, think outside the box.