2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers where did you play?

pitbull808

Ahhh, that was you calling. Good thing I don't call back my missed calls then. Did you have another run-in with the RD's parking lot gate? You know they do that because they want you to stay and spend more money ;)

LOL..it's that stupid PIP Worksheet they sent me that I had no clue on how to fill out. I wish they would just put a block that says, "Keep it all the same". Geesh..if I've got no complaints, why would I want to change anything! :)

Yeah, that sheet is stupid, and they're changing it to make it easier. But you won't see it until next year probably. Red tape and efficiency processes are remarkabley inefficient.

Yes I had a great time today with all of you guys. Thank you again everyone.

Joey, as for Friday me and Mr. Chikara are in.

Don't any of you guys work??????? :ok: I've been wanting to say that for ages! :) I guess with everyone practicing so much, we'll have to up the odds a little on Friday! :yes:

I've been saying that for a while. I'm going to try and take next Friday off, so I hope someone is able to complain about me. I kinda wanted to play Turtle Bay. I haven't played there in forever.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see proto type irons in your sig, Carl. So how much time do I have to sell a kidney before you think you'd be ready to release them irons? But, I only have one kidney to sell, so I can do it quick enough if I have to :drinks: .

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Well, I couldn't have asked for more in terms of weather and course conditions. All I can say is with Tony and I being 3 down with 3 to play against Bobby, Reid and Carl, I'm very happy with a halve. I'm glad my partner came through and hit it to a foot for birdie on the last hole.

As for myself, I think my game is slowly starting to come around. If my putting was a little sharper, I think we could have had a W today. Once again my Chikara wedges saved my butt!

Well, I couldn't have asked for more in terms of weather and course conditions. All I can say is with Tony and I being 3 down with 3 to play against Bobby, Reid and Carl, I'm very happy with a halve. I'm glad my partner came through and hit it to a foot for birdie on the last hole.

As for myself, I think my game is slowly starting to come around. If my putting was a little sharper, I think we could have had a W today. Once again my Chikara wedges saved my butt!

I also couldn't ask for more from the weather. It was nice to look at from my office window.

But at least someone got to enjoy it, so the course was in good shape I take it? BTW Joey, I very well may be bugging you about a certain Ping Driver, starts with G and ends with 10. I'm just trying to sell some shizzle, and see what shakes out.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Great round partner! :lol: I am very sorry that your back was so sore from carrying my sorry butt all day! :lol: I just could not make a putt, despite the fact that I thought I was rolling the ball well. That's the way it goes. Thankfully my swing is looking better. I think I only missed 2 or 3 fairways. For me, that is saying a lot. Bobby, thanks for the motivation. You know my partner is fueled by anger :beach: , don't you? Nice job coming down the stretch Joey :drinks: . Overall, a great day for a lot of frustration and a little fun too. Or vice versa, depending on your perspective. :D Hopefully Mid-Pac doesn't kick my Word not allowed on Monday.

No problem thats my job. Maybe next year at the pearl open I should just hang around Joey and start heckling him, who know by the way things went on the last hole he might shoot -18 :drinks: . Very nice round Joey and nice come back, but as the Pitbull said "We are still the champions" (although I still wish I made that put on 17 :beach:) . HAhahahahahaha.

No problem thats my job. Maybe next year at the pearl open I should just hang around Joey and start heckling him, who know by the way things went on the last hole he might shoot -18 :drinks: . Very nice round Joey and nice come back, but as the Pitbull said "We are still the champions" (although I still wish I made that put on 17 :D) . HAhahahahahaha.

LOL..yes..we still are the reigning champions of cart golf BUT..damn I knew we were messing with gasoline when you said that "CRUSH THEM!" :beach: Awesome round Joey. Sh!t, I remember when I could drive a ball and hit a green. It seems so far ago though. :lol: Bobby, I will head to a driving range this week. Heck, I may just head to Roots tomorrow with an arm load of clubs to get some cash to buy Joey's set of irons. Joey where are those irons?? I think they need a reshaft. ;) I think it's time I get serious again. I'm really hating this hacking. Even if there was some other $$$$$ stuff on my mind today. :lol: I still don't see how I can be this bad. My caps been steadily rising every month. It's really been a major bummer that I need to turn around asap. :lol:

Well I got out today to play a nice 5 hour plus round at Ala Wai :drinks:. I hate slow play. But at least I managed to get a decent score despite 18 putts on the back 9! I put my old Srixon W506 in the bag since I sold my L4V after that experiment didn't work out. I was surprised how light it was and that I was able to control it ok. I may keep it in the bag for awhile. It worked well enough that I'm going to put up with the rattle in it, I don't want to take it apart and ruin the mojo.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Well I got out today to play a nice 5 hour plus round at Ala Wai :drinks:. I hate slow play. But at least I managed to get a decent score despite 18 putts on the back 9! I put my old Srixon W506 in the bag since I sold my L4V after that experiment didn't work out. I was surprised how light it was and that I was able to control it ok. I may keep it in the bag for awhile. It worked well enough that I'm going to put up with the rattle in it, I don't want to take it apart and ruin the mojo.

You know Rick, you really should open up more time to play with us. With Tony and Bobby buying everything available, I've been able to try a bunch of drivers without having to buy them! :beach: To think they call me a Ho! :D Anyways, I tried their L4V and was happy to know that it was one driver I wouldn't have to pay for to find out it wasn't for me as well. I still don't quite understand all the raves about it because I think they tried several shafts but it seemed it was more of a head problem then shaft. :lol:

You know Rick, you really should open up more time to play with us. With Tony and Bobby buying everything available, I've been able to try a bunch of drivers without having to buy them! :beach: To think they call me a Ho! :D Anyways, I tried their L4V and was happy to know that it was one driver I wouldn't have to pay for to find out it wasn't for me as well. I still don't quite understand all the raves about it because I think they tried several shafts but it seemed it was more of a head problem then shaft. :lol:

Reid, I would love to play "demo day" rounds with you guys, but the weekday rounds are a nope for me for a while. I thought i would be able to get this Friday off, but no deal. Maybe next week, though. And I might not even be able to buy a new driver now because my video camera broke and may have to spend the $$$ on that.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Reid, I would love to play "demo day" rounds with you guys, but the weekday rounds are a nope for me for a while. I thought i would be able to get this Friday off, but no deal. Maybe next week, though. And I might not even be able to buy a new driver now because my video camera broke and may have to spend the $$$ on that.

:black eye: Yeah I guess you could call some of our rounds together a "demo day". I can't think of one round that Tony, Bobby, Joey and I have played that at least one of us didn't have something new in the bag. We've tried to infect Chads bag but he's been puting up a strong front! Even Carl seems to be on a driver rotation. If he would stop selling his gamers, he might actually be able to keep the same one in there! :coolpics:

By the way...played 9 holes with Bobby and Carl at Ala Wai yesterday. I think I hit the best drive in three weeks with my G10 yesterday. Finally a solid hit. The i10 irons surprisingly didn't have much of a learning curve on them. I hit them well and was pleasantly surprised by the feel of them. As for Ala Wai, well that surprised us as well since it was actually a quick 9 holes. After all the horror stories I've heard, I was expecting 3 hours but we were out of there in probably less then 2. I haven't played there since 1983 and was tripping out over how the holes had changed. No more par 3 over the water and no Par 4 along Kapahulu. I remember how it used to back up on that hole and we'd jump over the fence to get shave ice before we teed off. :clapping: Anyways, good round by all of us marred by lousy putting surfaces. I think we all had a chance to shoot even if not for the lousy greens and one temporary. :partytime2:

I hear the Chinese American Association of Golfers has adopted Reid and gave him the honorary Chinese name of Ping Ho. Roughly translated it means "Child of 1000 putters".

:coolpics: Would you believe in the late 80's, early 90's, I once played a Ping ISI Driver, Ping Beryllium Eye 2's and a Manganese Ping Anser?

Believe it or not. :partytime2:

I hear the Chinese American Association of Golfers has adopted Reid and gave him the honorary Chinese name of Ping Ho. Roughly translated it means "Child of 1000 putters".

Ok, that's funny!!!!

Joey, our friend Lisa shot 69 today in the Fields qualifier and got beat by a 66 and a 68.....so no rounds for her this year in Hawaii...... :coolpics:

On the mainland (NW) front, I played my first round last Thursday since I played at Coral Creek in October.....wow, what a 4 month layoff will do to your game.......

I enjoy reading the thread fella....keep it up!!

Mike

Played Mililani today and played pretty good. Shot 36 on the front and 42 on the back. Yeah I know I fell apart on the back. The nike putter was working very well. Made 3 birdies and had 3 more that just lipped out. This putter just gives me new confidence.

Damn Bobby..golfed again? I thought you got a job? :coolpics: Great round! Keep up the great shooting! We'll need it in the next cart golf battle. :partytime2:

Damn Bobby..golfed again? I thought you got a job? cheesy.gif Great round! Keep up the great shooting! We'll need it in the next cart golf battle. yes.gif

Crush Them! :coolpics:

:clapping: :partytime2: :clapping: :black eye: :clapping: :clapping:

Damn...we never expected those two words would fire you guys up so much. Tony, I think you hit your best shot in the last month after those words were spoken. I think Joey put the best putting stroke I've seen in ages on his putt as well. Too bad it wasn't there the week before. :clapping:

I am going to say it again. CRUSH THEM!!!!!

I hope that fires Joey up for the Hilo open.

LOL...Bobby, I hope it fires him up but I'm pretty sure he needs us present to needle him to get him rocking and rolling! :coolpics:

Ok, I did the near impossible and took next Friday off. So who can play, and what drivers are you going to let me demo :rolleyes:?

Sorry..we'll all be on Kauai that day.

NOT! :birthday: We haven't figured out where we'll be playing yet but I'm in and we'll call you Rick! :black eye:

Sorry..we'll all be on Kauai that day.

NOT! :rolleyes: We haven't figured out where we'll be playing yet but I'm in and we'll call you Rick! :birthday:

Damn! :black eye: I thought you got us a tee time at Waialua! I was ready to book my ticket! Dammmmmmiiiiittttttt! :rolleyes:

So wrong, Reid. Funny, but wrong. :birthday:

HEHEEHHE....Sorry about that Rick. I couldn't resist. Joey's up in Hilo at the moment and he is the Friday Course Picker. Yeah..and official title I've given him.

We'll get something sorted out by then.

By the way..Joey.if you can read this. Get it done tomorrow! :black eye:

Looks like I will probably have to pass on golf for Friday. I have to pick the wife up at the airport by 12:30 or 1:00. So unless we are teeing off early, I will not be able to make it. Have fun fellas, I'll see you the following week. :birthday:

That's ok Tony, I'm down with playing early. But if not I will try and do you proud. Uh...except I can't putt nearly as well as you. Maybe if you "loan" me some putters :black eye:.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged