2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Miura CB 301

Gxgolfer

CB-301: cavity model specifications (Right Hand Only)

Material :

Mild steel

Process: Precision forging Finish

Finish: W nickel (satin) chrome

Set Contents:

No.3 - PW, P/S (9 Irons)

Neck type: Straight Neck

Features

# Although the theories of forged iron design have not changed through the years, Mr. Miura’s latest design, the CB 301, has redefined weight distribution within the head. His concept is simple: Pull the center of gravity in towards the hosel, and move more weight out towards the toe. Each has a different effect on the iron. The first makes the head close more rapidly and the second slows it down. By working with the ratio between these two opposing forces, Mr. Miura is able to control the way the club face closes. This particular grind blends these two forces so that the club head squares more easily. It allows for a more fluid swing as opposed to a guarded effort to guide the club. With the best quality control in the industry, Miura Golf is the only company that can pull this off in a forged iron.

# Years ago, Mr. Miura recognized how flawed the traditional forging process was and set out to correct it. The solution was to forge the head and the hosel separately with equipment that was custom designed for each specific part. This improved forging technique compresses the molecules of the head beyond anything that is made today, while maintaining the tightest weight tolerances in the industry. The result: superior feel, and a perfectly balanced head. Just as important in the process, every hosel is milled and thus perfectly symmetrical, with the tightest bore tolerances of any manufacturer. This guarantees that every Miura customer will have a shaft that is perfectly centered. These two perfect parts are then “spin welded” together resulting in a "tour quality iron" that is available to everyone. In a word, our manufacturing process "repeats", iron after iron and repeatability is the secret to golf.

# Miura's forging techniques rearrange the molecular structure of the mild steel in a pattern that is uniform throughout the club head. This eliminates void spots in the club face. This process assures that every Miura club in your bag has the distance control, ball flight, spin, and feel that any golfer should demand.

# This tightness in the grain structure of the metal is what gives Miura made clubs the controlled, soft feel that other manufacturers cannot achieve. Miura also uses a proprietary "spin welding" process to produce the industries' most consistent hosel. This unique procedure ensures that the bore depths and hosel heights are identical on every Miura made head and the shaft of every club will be perfectly centered.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say - this iron sums everything up you could possibly want in a forged players cavity back iron.

Beautiful satin finish, close to ZERO offset, beautiful simple cavity design, butter soft 1020 carbon steel, pretty good forgiveness for this kind of players forged CB iron and stunning overll appearance and looks :D :cheesy:

I give this iron 5/5 - no doubt in my mind :crazy:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Altusbeliever

Noticed you have the Miura CB301's (5-pw) w/ Nippon 850 Regular shafts. I'm in the process of ordering the same model (5-pw) but am hedging if I should go with the 850's or the 950's Regular. I would prefer to go with the 850's as they might give me a bit more distance. My swing speed is 90-94 mph with a driver and I hit my 6i about 155 yds and 91 about 110. I'm more a swinger than hitter. How do the 850's work for you? What is your swing type?

What do you think about the Miura wedges, in particular the gap (52)? I notice that the majority of golfers on this website use other makes such as Vokey, Cleveland, Scratch, Nakashima, fourteen, and Zodia. I was thinking about getting a Miura gap wedge because I wasn't getting a 3 or 4 iron. Your thoughts.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
# Although the theories of forged iron design have not changed through the years, Mr. Miura’s latest design, the CB 301, has redefined weight distribution within the head. His concept is simple: Pull the center of gravity in towards the hosel, and move more weight out towards the toe. Each has a different effect on the iron. The first makes the head close more rapidly and the second slows it down. By working with the ratio between these two opposing forces, Mr. Miura is able to control the way the club face closes. This particular grind blends these two forces so that the club head squares more easily. It allows for a more fluid swing as opposed to a guarded effort to guide the club. With the best quality control in the industry, Miura Golf is the only company that can pull this off in a forged iron.

While these Irons are beautiful and I'm sure feel wonderful, I've got some news for you:

Moving more weight towards the toe while simultaneously moving the Cg more towards the heel is a scientific impossibility. It really bugs me when club manufacturers (no matter how esteemed they may be) spew this kind of pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo. Then they follow up this absurd statement with more mumbo jumbo about how this new (and completely unique) weighting helps to square the clubface up and promotes a more "fluid" swing. :)

I hope this B.S. is from Miura's North American marketing arm and not from the man himself. If it came from Mr. Miura, I just lost a lot of respect for him.

While these Irons are beautiful and I'm sure feel wonderful, I've got some news for you:

Moving more weight towards the toe while simultaneously moving the Cg more towards the heel is a scientific impossibility. It really bugs me when club manufacturers (no matter how esteemed they may be) spew this kind of pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo. Then they follow up this absurd statement with more mumbo jumbo about how this new (and completely unique) weighting helps to square the clubface up and promotes a more "fluid" swing. :)

I hope this B.S. is from Miura's North American marketing arm and not from the man himself. If it came from Mr. Miura, I just lost a lot of respect for him.

Well called!

It is just possible to do this, but only by moving mass away from the centre of the head (in both directions, but more towards the heel). Maybe the Marketing BS-ers leaped on that attribute and concocted the text quoted above. It certainly doesn't fit with Miura's previously quite conservative advertising no favours - and I own a set of 201s, a set of Tournament Blades and matching wedges for each.

The 301s are, however, seriously lovely clubs to hit. the ones I tried had Stiff Nippon 950s in them and had the feel of the blades, but were as (or more) fogiving as the 201s. These would be just about my perfect clubs! :)

Moving more weight towards the toe while simultaneously moving the Cg more towards the heel is a scientific impossibility. It really bugs me when club manufacturers (no matter how esteemed they may be) spew this kind of pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo. Then they follow up this absurd statement with more mumbo jumbo about how this new (and completely unique) weighting helps to square the clubface up and promotes a more "fluid" swing. :D

Well it's good to know we have a scientist available when we need one... "That's all I've got to say about that".

These irons are the SHIZNIG, no matter what anyone says.....!

• 2 weeks later...

I think what they are trying to say is that Katsuhiro Miura has worked on developing the correct "ratio" of CG to the heal and weight to the toe. The key word is correct ratio. Many club makers claim to be able to lower the CG. But not too many have the reputability that Miura has. I play these clubs. Not only are they a beautiful club but they hit sweeter and softer than pretty much any club on the market today.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently purchased a set of CB-301's from Chip Usher (Savannah, GA) with Nippon 950 regular shafts. Had never heard of Miura irons before joining WRX.COM. Have had numerous great iron sets over the years; each one moving more and more toward "Game Improvement". Hogan blades, MP-33's, Ping's, and finally Cleveland TA7's. I was initially concerned about going back to a smaller & less game improvement iron but my worries were short lived. I absolutely love these irons, their minimal offset, their thin top line, and they are a joy to hit. I can actually hit my low irons again with confidence. Their smaller size isn't even a factor which originally concerned me. Very easy to work the ball. I am hitting the ball more solidly than ever with less effort. Distance is about the same as my MP-33's and Cleveland TA7's but the feel is 2nd to none.

Even mis-hits are manageable with the balls settling down quickly and not a lot of lost distance.

As nice as the Miura heads feel; I am equally impressed with the Nippon 950 shafts as they obviously suit my swing. Chip Usher did a great job putting them together with the specs. I was given. Would highly recommend him.

I purchased a Zodia gap wedge (52 degrees) at the same time which I also love. If you can't get the ball to stop with one of these, you'll never get it stopped. I plan on getting another Zodia wedge real soon.

Highly recommend the Miura 301's with Nippon shafts. Also the Zodia wedges.

• 5 months later...

I have read all the reviews and am pretty much sold on the Miura's but I only have one concern, everyone talks about how soft they are and I was just wondering about their durability.
I live in northern Alberta, Canada and the ground can be pretty hard at some the courses I play and I also hit down pretty aggressively on the ball, especially with my short irons so I'm a little worried about having to replace them every 6 months...I have a swing speed of 119 mph with the driver so I could do some damage if I snagged a root or something in these crazy Canadian muni courses.

So do you think it would be worth it for me to spend the 1500 sum odd dollars on these irons?

No worries about how these hold up. I've had mine for 2 years in Minnesota and they hold up just fine. Of course you may need to adjust lie angles periodically. These clubs are not only beautiful but the feel is as good as it gets!

I'm a Club-fitter in Mpls area and have sold many sets of these, most to players with high clubhead speed. Never had one returned because of damage.

• 10 months later...

These are an outstanding set of irons. I have owned them since I was a 13 handicapper and am now down to a six. I personally am going to move to miuras tournament blades. These have been called true game improvement irons because they don't mask your swing faults which only improves the conistency of your swing. if you are determined to get better buy these irons, the quality and feel are second to none. They are 125 per iron head that is the bad news. I will be selling mine through ebay so keep an eye there if you are interested.

Qi10 LS 8 degree HZRDUS T-1100
BRNR mini driver 11.5 HZRDUS HULK 

Epic Rogue 7 wood

Epic Flash 9 wood

5-7 Miura pp 9003 black oxide

8-Pw Miura Tournament blades

52 degree f grind 60 degree T Grind, 68  degree  
Mezz Max

• 7 months later...
These are an outstanding set of irons. I have owned them since I was a 13 handicapper and am now down to a six. I personally am going to move to miuras tournament blades. These have been called true game improvement irons because they don't mask your swing faults which only improves the conistency of your swing. if you are determined to get better buy these irons, the quality and feel are second to none. They are 125 per iron head that is the bad news. I will be selling mine through ebay so keep an eye there if you are interested.

+1

I was also a 13 handi when I purchased CB-301.  I had also tried CB-201 & Tournament Blade before decided on 301 with KB Tour.  It had the look of classic blade from address(thin top line/min. off set) and though that cavity would add some forgiveness (it did).  6 months after I feel my swing is as solid as it ever been.  I'm hitting lot closer to the pin on par 3s 190yd and in and my GIR had improved quite a bit as well.  Just ordered 7-P in Tournament Blade w/KB Tour as well (baby steps   :rolleyes: ).  Cann't waite to try out this new combo set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Either the 202 or the 301 would work fine for you in my opinion, and the 950 is a good shaft. It all depends upon how you like your clubs weighted. Some folks like the feel of a heavier shaft, and lean toward the 1050 or 1150.

I have the 301's with KBS tour shafts, 'firm" flex (closer to stiff). I'm an 11 handicap, and I love 'em.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...