Adams ATour Satin Black,,Are these Tour issue?

golfclubber

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell would pay $999-$1400.00 for any set of Adams irons. My buddy just picked up a set @ Target marked down for $50.00 and that still high. :beach:

Adams Golf in my opinion actually makes some of the best irons/hybrids available. The A-Tour irons , Idea Pro Forged Irons and Idea Pro Hybrids are being played by Tom Watson, Allen Doyle and Dana Quigley just to name a few. In fact the Idea Pro Hybrid is slowly taking over as the #1 Hybrid on all three major U.S. tours. Not too shabby if you ask me..... I guess if you haven't bothered to try any of the new products Adams Golf is putting out then you can make such an ignorant statement as the one you've made.... Ignorance is bliss I suppose!

You can't buy the Satin aTour's w/ Black paintfill from certain dealer's. You can get the RED versions, but not the Black. The Black is "Tour Only", and the more rare version of these clubs.

The new Idea Pro "forged" CB is a great set of irons and will be available very soon at the retail level. The stock shaft for these irons will be the True Temper Black Gold shaft.

Who the hell would pay $999-$1400.00 for any set of Adams irons. My buddy just picked up a set @ Target marked down for $50.00 and that still high. :beach:

Someone might want to get out from under his rock and start checking the Tour Staff bags out there.

Adams Golf in my opinion actually makes some of the best irons/hybrids available. The A-Tour irons , Idea Pro Forged Irons and Idea Pro Hybrids are being played by Tom Watson, Allen Doyle and Dana Quigley just to name a few. In fact the Idea Pro Hybrid is slowly taking over as the #1 Hybrid on all three major U.S. tours. Not too shabby if you ask me..... I guess if you haven't bothered to try any of the new products Adams Golf is putting out then you can make such an ignorant statement as the one you've made.... Ignorance is bliss I suppose!

I completely agree with you on both counts. The Idea Pro irons are (IMO) the best forged retail cavity backs made at this time.

:beach:

First the mis-imformed person who feels Adams Irons are an item for "Target" needs to get educated a bit on ADAMS TOUR Clubs. I would love for someone to show him the ADAMS ATours in person.

Second, I'm in contact with the ADAMS TOUR DEPARTMENT on a regular basis.

1) The ADAMS ATour Irons are NOT available in retail and never will be regardless of paintfill on the hosel

2) The red painfill slight offset version are tour only and easier to come by

3) The ADAMS ATour irons were designed for Tom Watson after the TM Tour 300 Lehman Box Toes and are among the TOP 3 Cavity Back Irons Sets in the world bar none!!!!!

4) The new Forged Idea Pros are more like the RAC LT only forged...they come in retail and tour only sets with the tour only having matching 3 and 4 irons with no slot in the cavity moving the center of gravity back....retail sets are also with hybrids sometimes.

Of course the ADAMS TOUR ONLY Fairway Woods and Hybrids are recognized as by many Senior and Nationwide TOUR players as the very best.

ADAMS has made a huge impact in terms TOUR ONLY clubs that produce amazing results. If there weren't so many PGA players under contract you'd see the IRONS and Fairways woods all over, I belive the hybrids are already number one on the PGA TOUR....I don't think they got them at Target either.

Bottom line is if it says ATour on the hosel it's TOUR ONLY!

Black Paint Fill ATours have very minimal offset ate are worth $600 to $800 used

Red Paint Fill ATours just slightly more offset and are worth $500 to $700 used

I've played them both and they are flat out awsome. If someone is selling the black filled them for $500. I'll take them!!!

Agree that the paint in the cavity is not attractive. BIX can remove any paint on any iron but on the Idea Pro i would be very careful of the rest of the cavity. I'm not sure what it is but the cavity on the TOUR versions I've seen has weird almost rubber like feel to the finish. I've seen photos of the ATours with all paint removed and they look awesome and more like the top CB that they are.

:beach:

First the mis-imformed person who feels Adams Irons are an item for "Target" needs to get educated a bit on ADAMS TOUR Clubs. I would love for someone to show him the ADAMS ATours in person.

1) The ADAMS ATour Irons are NOT available in retail and never will be regardless of paintfill on the hosel

3) The ADAMS ATour irons were designed for Tom Watson after the TM Tour 300 Lehman Box Toes and are among the TOP 3 Cavity Back Irons Sets in the world bar none!!!!!

4) The new Forged Idea Pros are more like the RAC LT only forged...they come in retail and tour only sets with the tour only having matching 3 and 4 irons with no slot in the cavity moving the center of gravity back....retail sets are also with hybrids sometimes.

Of course the ADAMS TOUR ONLY Fairway Woods and Hybrids are recognized as by many Senior and Nationwide TOUR players as the very best.

ADAMS has made a huge impact in terms TOUR ONLY clubs that produce amazing results. If there weren't so many PGA players under contract you'd see the IRONS and Fairways woods all over, I belive the hybrids are already number one on the PGA TOUR....I don't think they got them at Target either.

Black Paint Fill ATours have very minimal offset ate are worth $600 to $800 used

I've played them both and they are flat out awsome. If someone is selling the black filled them for $500. I'll take them!!!

You have to be very careful on paintfill because I have seen some sets that are obvious "repaints". But you need to have both sets available to you to compare. Even the reds aren't all that much offset. Probably the biggest credibility problem that Adams has is their continued association (whether real or not) with the snake oil salesman site supplying them with product with which they rip people off for ridiculous sums for a cast club. They certainly are a fine looking club but certainly can't compare in feel to the finest cavity back forgings available today---TM r7 Forged, X-Forging, X-Tours, Mizuno MP-60s, Miura CBs. By the way I am not speaking from lack of knowledge as I have a set of reds and a set of blacks sitting on my racks (my brother's clubs which he got with no trouble for $999 for each set from two different dealers across the U.S.).

I will agree with you on one area they are among the leaders in hybrids and fairways available today.

I was in Plano last week to pick up my irons and these are some of the best player's irons available. Adams is doing a great job removing the stigma attached to them for their previous clubs and if you ever get the chance I highly recommend touring their facilities. I talked with the CEO and you can see how passionate he is about commitment of the company to make a great product for players of all levels. I've been in the golf business at the retail level for many years and it has been a long time since I have seen a company so driven. It will not be long before Adams is looked at in the same catagory as a Taylor-Made, Titleist or Callaway.

It's true you must be careful with the painfill and that the red fills are very close to the blacks. In terms of feel I also agree there are SOFTER and better feeling CBs.....however that does not mean the Atours are not right there or better than the top CBs in terms of performance. We all know endo forged feel a bit firmer than Mizuno or Miura and while I'm not saying Adams ATours are forged at all or that they feel even as good as an Endo, I am saying they feel great. The head is also very durable making the contact point last longer IMO. The things just play crisp but not harsh.

Please try the stuff, then comment...no fish here...as you see the only Adams club that will stay in my bag is the 3 wood. The ADAMS TOUR stuff throught the bag is worth a look, until you check it out please don't accuse. Let's keep it professional gents. I understand how you feel, I felt the same way. The Adams TOUR ONLY stuff surprised the heck out of me.

Adams has gained alot of acceptance and made huge strides on Tour. If you don't like their "retail" Tour prices, then don't buy it or wait for a better deal. Many companies are pushing the envelope. Look at Accuflex with their creation shaft. There are many "premium" dealers out there. Be an informed consumer and consider multiple sources. Companies are always trying to push the envelope.

The original post was about "What can I get for?" That is the purpose of the "Deal or No Deal" forum. If you would like to discuss the merits of Adams Tour Products, then please post a new thread in the Tour Forum.

Just curious why was this relocated, it's a posting about a tour product??

If you bought them on another site, have you tried listing them there? If you want to sell them here, post free wanted to sell ad that requires pictures.

purchased a set of Atour's( black paint fil, 3-pw used, TT DG S300 blue printed,) from a guy on another site..can't hit them and would like to know if really Tour stuff and approximate value..Also where would be a good place to sell them?? Thanks Jim

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Let me add that GolfWRX tries to encourage discussions that offers valid feedbacks, both pro and con to products. Hopefully most people can view the site with eyes open and not colored with possible misconceptions.

Just curious why was this relocated, it's a posting about a tour product??

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

It's true you must be careful with the painfill and that the red fills are very close to the blacks. In terms of feel I also agree there are SOFTER and better feeling CBs.....however that does not mean the Atours are not right there or better than the top CBs in terms of performance. We all know endo forged feel a bit firmer than Mizuno or Miura and while I'm not saying Adams ATours are forged at all or that they feel even as good as an Endo, I am saying they feel great. The head is also very durable making the contact point last longer IMO. The things just play crisp but not harsh.

Please try the stuff, then comment...no fish here...as you see the only Adams club that will stay in my bag is the 3 wood. The ADAMS TOUR stuff throught the bag is worth a look, until you check it out please don't accuse. Let's keep it professional gents. I understand how you feel, I felt the same way. The Adams TOUR ONLY stuff surprised the heck out of me.

If you are responding to me you need to read my post more carefully. I have both sets (reds and blacks) sitting on my racks in my basement. Even though they are my brother's irons I can assure you I have tried both sets. When you see a comment that I make on a club or set of clubs you can be sure I either have them, have tried them, or been asked by OEMs to try them prior to introduction. I do not comment based on reading others reviews (real or otherwise). There is a lot of "wishful thinking" demoing of clubs that goes on in various forums when in reality those posting opinions of new, unavailable, or even available clubs have never touched them let alone played with them, just parroting opinions they have read elsewhere or posting their predjudices. I can only assure you of one thing, (you may not like or agree with my assessments of clubs, which is great as everyone should try them for themselves) if I post an opinion on a club or clubs I have tried them before I post anything. By the way there is no freebie influence involved in my posts as I pay retail price for everything I try. In the case of testing for some of the OEMs I always return the clubs after evaluating them. I usually don't comment on those because some never make it to retail and have been asked not to comment on future product. I only comment after others have supplied pictures or spotted stuff on the tour or are assured said product is scheduled for future release.

Sandy, my apologies....My main message was not addressed to you. I wanted to support your point on paint fill and address that firmer feel doesn't mean these irons don't play great. I also agree with you on your point on the best feeling CBs. My message was to the person who said them smelled a fish and had a photo of a Fish in his post. I referred to that on my post and the fish post from the other guy was removed by the moderator. I appreciate that you've tried them and don't count them among the top CBs, I did want to make the point to the fish guy and to the person who fells Adams TOUR are "Target" material that in the opinion of many including me the Atours are well worth a look and $500 to $700 used IMO. ....all good info for our original poster asking about Atour authenticity, pricing and if their tour issue. What you and I think about them is well documented and I'm 100% in agreement that $1400. for a new set is too much regardless of whose doing the selling. Let's get this one back on track...Adams Atours are TOUR ISSUE ONLY.

:(

You have to be very careful on paintfill because I have seen some sets that are obvious "repaints". But you need to have both sets available to you to compare. Even the reds aren't all that much offset. Probably the biggest credibility problem that Adams has is their continued association (whether real or not) with the snake oil salesman site supplying them with product with which they rip people off for ridiculous sums for a cast club. They certainly are a fine looking club but certainly can't compare in feel to the finest cavity back forgings available today---TM r7 Forged, X-Forging, X-Tours, Mizuno MP-60s, Miura CBs. By the way I am not speaking from lack of knowledge as I have a set of reds and a set of blacks sitting on my racks (my brother's clubs which he got with no trouble for $999 for each set from two different dealers across the U.S.).

I will agree with you on one area they are among the leaders in hybrids and fairways available today.

I have to completely disagree with this comment, I have played all but the R7 forge and the X-Forging (is this the new X-tour) and my black ATours with Black Gold shafts feel far better than the forged clubs you have listed, IMHO!

:(

I would disagree with you about the feel of the ATours..they feel EVERY bit as good as the MP60,better by far than that new R7 & crap which by the way isn't "fordged" either.Having owned a set of TM Muira's as well no major difference there either other than price..Jim

• 3 years later...

I play on ADAMS Staff and will Tell you this for Certain they are TOUR ONLY and really hard to Find . The Black Heads were made in Limited Quantity and the Made more in Satin . The last Set of Blacks I saw were at Disney one Day ago in a Staffers Bag . The Price Varies on who wants them But $600.00 at the Minimum for these .
Regards.
Scott

A really old thread brought back from dead.

Well anyway, I sold a set of 2-W ATour blacks w/DG shafts for $262 on Ebay few months ago. They're not bad set but nothing special in my opinion.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"