Ohio GolfWRX Outing(Sat. June 23, 2012; 10:00am)

DaSportsGuy

Went to washington golf learning center. short par 3 course (a couple "Par 4's" neither of which am i happy making a 4 on. very easy)
Had my titleist sunday carry bag, 4 irons 3 wedges a putter and hybrid) . Every club i hit was new to my bag so was playing two balls from most places etc. Nobody else out there. it was just great.

6.50 to walk with free replay. Played 1-7 then 2-9 as the tee at 2 is on the way to the tee at 8. Almost made that loop again but the sun was about gone and it was starting to get a little colder. Might go back tomorrow as it's supposed to be even warmer I think. Golf in NE Ohio in January. very awesome indeed.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1326240253' post='4060269']
Went to washington golf learning center. short par 3 course (a couple "Par 4's" neither of which am i happy making a 4 on. very easy)
Had my titleist sunday carry bag, 4 irons 3 wedges a putter and hybrid) . Every club i hit was new to my bag so was playing two balls from most places etc. Nobody else out there. it was just great.

6.50 to walk with free replay. Played 1-7 then 2-9 as the tee at 2 is on the way to the tee at 8. Almost made that loop again but the sun was about gone and it was starting to get a little colder. Might go back tomorrow as it's supposed to be even warmer I think. Golf in NE Ohio in January. very awesome indeed.
[/quote]

If I didn't have a "honey do" list a mile long I would meet you there! Shoulder is feeling good enough to try 9 holes but I really need to get some stuff done. or else >:black eye:

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Suck it up wuss.

just kidding, that sucks! Not much fun at all there bro, i feel for ya and hope you're feeling better soon and somehow get some more 45* days when you can swing it again. (Though this weekend is looking pretty crappy)

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1326307599' post='4066093']
Suck it up wuss.

just kidding, that sucks! Not much fun at all there bro, i feel for ya and hope you're feeling better soon and somehow get some more 45* days when you can swing it again. (Though this weekend is looking pretty crappy)
[/quote]
Yea it's looking like this season will be coming to a close shortly. :cry:

If we have this on the weekend of the 1st I will not be able to do Sunday. Just found out that one of the 18 hole majors on the GCO golf league is on that day.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1326369943' post='4070407']
If we have this on the weekend of the 1st I will not be able to do Sunday. Just found out that one of the 18 hole majors on the GCO golf league is on that day.
[/quote]
How's the Saturday, June 23?/Sunday June 24th weekend sound? I don't know what I was doing but for some reason I was looking at the May calender thinking July was after May, lol. June 30th I might be in Texas and someone else mentioned that they were going somewhere to do some caddying real late in June so it wouldn't work for them either.

***[b]PLEASE[/b] be sure to check out the list at the bottom of this post and [u]make sure you have everything filled in[/u] and everything is correct. I bolded everything that still needs submitted. Thank you! If you haven't yet, please PM me your most active email in case I can't get ahold of you on here or you have been inactive for a period of time. Also, when we get into June, [u]send me your cell #'s[/u] for more immediate communication and information relay for the week of the outing. EX-Tee Times, Groupings, Price, etc. Let me know if you DO NOT have texting and I will be sure to call you to get the information to you. [b]THANK YOU[/b]***

**Should everyone be able to make it, as of now we would have five foursomes get off. Alot better than I expected. I think I'm going to cap it off at 6 groups(24 people) because after that I think it's going to be hard to get all the tee times together since that would be almost an hour of tee times. So I think we'll limit it to 24 people which will be the first 24 that sign up. [u]After the 24 spots are filled, you can still sign up[/u], and you can take the place of someone else if they can't make it. I'm sure their will be at least three or four who end up not being able to make it. Right now, 20 of the 24 spots are filled. The only way I will allow more than 24 spots is if we get 40 to come which would give us enough to make it an outing deemed by the course. Remember, [u]signing up isn't committing to coming right now[/u], it's simply saying if you are interested and if you don't have anything going on, you would come. But still, [u]only sign up if you have a serious interest in coming and their is a decent chance you will be able to make it[/u].**

*I think we are going to go with Saturday, June 23rd as the date of the outing. Ideally, it would be [u]Saturday, June 23rd with tee times from 9-10 or 10-11[/u]. But it is still pending and could subject to change due to how far away it is. If you are interested in staying Saturday night and [u]you would still be in town on Sunday[/u], we can try to [u]get a foursome together to play another local course[/u]. Some courses have been tossed around previously in this thread.*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-DaSportsGuy(Jeff; 18 years old; North Canton; 19 min away; 11.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
2-adams603(Matt; 40 years old; Stow; 45 min away; 9 HCI; Email-✓)
3-joekelli(Joe; 45 years old; Cuyahoga Falls; 39 min away; 7 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
4-KYMAR(Mark; 38 years old; Chagrin Falls; 1:17 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓)
5-bob32556(Bob; 55 years old; Newton Falls; 59 min away; 10 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
6-lefty1984(Shaun; 27 years old; Newark; 1:50 away; [b]? HCI[/b]; [b]Email-?[/b])
7-nivekrob(Kevin; 30 years old; Dayton; 3:28 away; ~9 HCI~; Email-✓)
8-homergolf(Bob; 55 years old; Bay Village; 1:29 away; 15.8 HCI; Email-✓)
9-ggpro(Drew; 51 years old; Mayfield Heights; 1:13 away; 4.3 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
10-fccgolfer(Ben; 27 years old; Wadsworth; 46 min away; 2.5 HCI; Email-✓)
11-SprayNPrey(Brandon; 28 years old; Ashland; 1:10 away; 6 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
12-break80consistently(Chris; 27 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 6.1 HCI; Email-✓)
13-spencer096(Spencer; 27 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
14-JD616(Josh; 17 years old; Mineral Ridge; 1:01 away; ~8~ HCI; Email-✓)
15-PittShark(Mark; 30 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~11~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
16-aep4749(Adam; 24 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~4~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
17-9ccat9(Cat; 37 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; 0 HCI; Email-✓)
18-artist08(Tim; Sharpsville(PA); 1:27 away; 4 HCI; [b]Email-?[/b])
19-The Milk Man(Shev; 38 years old; Lima; 2:51 away; 3.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
20-reflog74(John; 58 years old; Shaker Heights; 1:12 away; 15 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
21-__________________________________________________________________
22-__________________________________________________________________
23-__________________________________________________________________
24-__________________________________________________________________

Put me and my son in.

Bob, 45 years old. Cleveland 1:15 hrs away. HC-5 email [email protected]
Zach, 18 years old. Cleveland 1:15 hrs away. HC-8

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1326371975' post='4070437']
[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1326369943' post='4070407']
[/quote]
How's the Saturday, June 23?/Sunday June 24th weekend sound? I don't know what I was doing but for some reason I was looking at the May calender thinking July was after May, lol. June 30th I might be in Texas and someone else mentioned that they were going somewhere to do some caddying real late in June so it wouldn't work for them either.

***[b]PLEASE[/b] be sure to check out the list at the bottom of this post and [u]make sure you have everything filled in[/u] and everything is correct. I bolded everything that still needs submitted. Thank you! If you haven't yet, please PM me your most active email in case I can't get ahold of you on here or you have been inactive for a period of time. Also, when we get into June, [u]send me your cell #'s[/u] for more immediate communication and information relay for the week of the outing. EX-Tee Times, Groupings, Price, etc. Let me know if you DO NOT have texting and I will be sure to call you to get the information to you. [b]THANK YOU[/b]***

**Should everyone be able to make it, as of now we would have five foursomes get off. Alot better than I expected. I think I'm going to cap it off at 6 groups(24 people) because after that I think it's going to be hard to get all the tee times together since that would be almost an hour of tee times. So I think we'll limit it to 24 people which will be the first 24 that sign up. [u]After the 24 spots are filled, you can still sign up[/u], and you can take the place of someone else if they can't make it. I'm sure their will be at least three or four who end up not being able to make it. Right now, 20 of the 24 spots are filled. The only way I will allow more than 24 spots is if we get 40 to come which would give us enough to make it an outing deemed by the course. Remember, [u]signing up isn't committing to coming right now[/u], it's simply saying if you are interested and if you don't have anything going on, you would come. But still, [u]only sign up if you have a serious interest in coming and their is a decent chance you will be able to make it[/u].**

*I think we are going to go with Saturday, June 23rd as the date of the outing. Ideally, it would be [u]Saturday, June 23rd with tee times from 9-10 or 10-11[/u]. But it is still pending and could subject to change due to how far away it is. If you are interested in staying Saturday night and [u]you would still be in town on Sunday[/u], we can try to [u]get a foursome together to play another local course[/u]. Some courses have been tossed around previously in this thread.*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-DaSportsGuy(Jeff; 18 years old; North Canton; 19 min away; 11.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
3-joekelli(Joe; 45 years old; Cuyahoga Falls; 39 min away; 7 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
5-bob32556(Bob; 55 years old; Newton Falls; 59 min away; 10 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
6-lefty1984(Shaun; 27 years old; Newark; 1:50 away; [b]? HCI[/b]; [b]Email-?[/b])
9-ggpro(Drew; 51 years old; Mayfield Heights; 1:13 away; 4.3 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
11-SprayNPrey(Brandon; 28 years old; Ashland; 1:10 away; 6 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
12-break80consistently(Chris; 27 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 6.1 HCI; Email-✓)
13-spencer096(Spencer; 27 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
15-PittShark(Mark; 30 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~11~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
16-aep4749(Adam; 24 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~4~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
19-The Milk Man(Shev; 38 years old; Lima; 2:51 away; 3.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
20-reflog74(John; 58 years old; Shaker Heights; 1:12 away; 15 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
21-__________________________________________________________________
22-__________________________________________________________________
[/quote]

sounds good to me!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

I really think we should lock down a date and book the tee times asap! I have organized many outings and you'd be suprised how far in advance these courses book up. Especially the nice courses.
By the way I have been going to the golf dome twice a week so you guys better bring your A game. I'm coming after you Joe. LOL

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1326387383' post='4071553']
I really think we should lock down a date and book the tee times asap! I have organized many outings and you'd be suprised how far in advance these courses book up. Especially the nice courses.
By the way I have been going to the golf dome twice a week so you guys better bring your A game. I'm coming after you Joe. LOL
[/quote]

let me know when your going and maybe we can ride together. My shoulder is just about ready to tackle a range session.!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

21-minteq(Bob; 45 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 5 HCI; Email-✓)
22-minteq #2 - Son(Zach; 18 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 8 HCI; Email-X)

[/quote]
They don't accept tee times until a week or two in advance. But did you mean the books fill up quickly once tee times open for the week or they would allow us to schedule farther in advance due to the number of people we would be bringing? We don't have enough to qualify for an outing unless we get 40 but do you think they may make an acception for us on how far in advance we can book the tee times since we would be bringing a larger group?

I'm becoming tempted to really try to get 40 guys and make it an outing. That would be awesome.

I'm gonna email the Outing Coordinator again and see what he has to say...

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1326415257' post='4074199']
[/quote]
They don't accept tee times until a week or two in advance. But did you mean the books fill up quickly once tee times open for the week or they would allow us to schedule farther in advance due to the number of people we would be bringing? We don't have enough to qualify for an outing unless we get 40 but do you think they may make an acception for us on how far in advance we can book the tee times since we would be bringing a larger group?

I'm becoming tempted to really try to get 40 guys and make it an outing. That would be awesome.

[/quote]

I think you should tell them that you have guys coming in from all over and you need to shore up the date. Tell them that some of the guys will need to book hotels as well, Maybe they will make an exception. They may even ask for a deposit on the tee times or something. I would say if we collected $10 from everyone who wants in might work. say we have 20 guys commited we could tell them we would put $200 down on 6 tee times if that would help.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1326417188' post='4074381']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1326415257' post='4074199']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you should tell them that you have guys coming in from all over and you need to shore up the date. Tell them that some of the guys will need to book hotels as well, Maybe they will make an exception. They may even ask for a deposit on the tee times or something. I would say if we collected $10 from everyone who wants in might work. say we have 20 guys commited we could tell them we would put $200 down on 6 tee times if that would help.
[/quote]
Good call. I'll email Jamme at The Quarry and see if he can help us out. I'll let you guys konw what he has to say.

Perfect! Just got a reply from Jamme at The Quarry. He said they would be more than happy to accomodate for us. Saturday, June 23rd is open and he would like to know what time we would like the first group to go off. How does 10:00am on Saturday, June 23rd sound for you guys? Let me know ASAP because I would like to get back to him quickly. I'm pretty sure the cost will be $69 per person but I will let you know for sure as soon as I let him know the starting time and he gets back to me.

Im good with whatever.

edit: oops, had more to say. you might ask about additional times than we seem to need right now. This may grow in fact I am sure it will. I just wonder if you should have him pencil in 2 or 3 more times, then get a deadline date to finalize, hopefully as close to the 23rd as possible

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1326474347' post='4077719']
Im good with whatever.

edit: oops, had more to say. you might ask about additional times than we seem to need right now. This may grow in fact I am sure it will. I just wonder if you should have him pencil in 2 or 3 more times, then get a deadline date to finalize, hopefully as close to the 23rd as possible
[/quote]
I think I'm gonna limit it to 24. After that I think it'll get a little bit too hard to keep everyone on the same page. We'll still allow people to sign up after that because I'm sure we'll have at least 3 or 4 from the original 24 sign ups who will end up not being able to make it and those who sign up after the original 24 sports can take the place of them.

I posted this in the Ohio thread, but figured this was a good spot too.....

For those of you going to the Golf Dome this winter, they are currently running a Groupon special. You have to purchase the deal within the next 36 hours (by midnight on Saturday). Here are the details:

$9 - 1 hour of Dome time ($18 value)
$14 - 1 hour of simulator time ($28 value)

If you have never used Groupon before, please sign up using the link below and I will get a $10 referal bonus. Let me know if you do this and I will buy you a beer at our outing this summer or next time I see you. DaSportsGuy, since you are not 21, I will buy you a root beer or some Laser Tag.

[url="http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1338078"]http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1338078[/url]

sounds good to me on the 23rd with 10am tee times

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

OK...we are all set! The outing is scheduled and set in stone. If you cannot make it, I apologize...let me know and hopefully you'll be able to make it to the next outing we have. We'll probably have another outing or two this year.

Date-Saturday-June 23rd, 2012
Time-10:30am(I would like everyone to be there by 10. If you are in one of the first couple groups, you may want to get there a little earlier to get warmed up. I will be there around 9.)
Cost-$69.00 per person

Tee Times:
1) 10:30
2) 10:40
3) 10:50
4) 11:00
5) 11:10
6) 11:20

We will hammer out everything else once the 24 spots are filled and everyone has their info to me. [b]lefty1984[/b], I need your Handicap Index(or average score range) and your e-mail. Once the 24 spots are filled, if we get anyone else who signs up, they will take your spot unless you get your info to me by then. I've PM'd you and haven't gotten anything back despite the PM being read. Thank you.

[b]KYMAR[/b], let me know about your son. If you're not sure if you'll have him that weekend, reserve a spot and then if you end up not having him, you can just cancel it and one of the late sign-ups can take his spot. That goes for everyone who is bringing a non-WRX member with them. I'd like to keep it mostly WRX members so unless you have to bring someone else, please keep it to just WRX'ers. Thanks guys!

*I've e-mailed everyone and texted those who have submitted their cell number to me. When all of your contact info has been verified(just reply to the e-mail/text to verify), I'll bold it your entry and you are all set. If I have your cell number verified, I went ahead and just bolded you since I know I'll be able to reach you instantaneously. If you're entry is bolded, you are in if you can make it. Just let me know when you find out for sure if you can or cannot make it.

[b]Bold=You are ready to go![/b]
[color="#ff0000"]Red[/color][color="#ff0000"]=Info needs submitted
[/color][color="#0000ff"]Blue=Info needs verified[/color]

[b]1-DaSportsGuy(Jeff; 18 years old; North Canton; 19 min away; 11.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
2-adams603(Matt; 40 years old; Stow; 45 min away; 9 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color])
[b]3-joekelli(Joe; 45 years old; Cuyahoga Falls; 39 min away; 7 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
4-KYMAR(Mark; 38 years old; Chagrin Falls; 1:17 away; 9 HCI;[color="#0000ff"] Email-✓[/color])
[b]5-bob32556(Bob; 55 years old; Newton Falls; 59 min away; 10 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)[/b]
6-lefty1984(Shaun; 27 years old; Newark; 1:50 away; [color="#ff0000"]? HCI; Email-?[/color])
[b]9-ggpro(Drew; 51 years old; Mayfield Heights; 1:13 away; 4.3 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)[/b]
10-fccgolfer(Ben; 27 years old; Wadsworth; 46 min away; 2[color="#000000"].5 HCI; Email-✓)[/color]
[b]11-SprayNPrey(Brandon; 28 years old; Ashland; 1:10 away; 6 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)[/b]
12-break80consistently(Chris; 27 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 6.1 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color])
[b]13-spencer096(Spencer; 27 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
14-JD616(Josh; 17 years old; Mineral Ridge; 1:01 away; ~8~ HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color])
[b]15-PittShark(Mark; 30 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~11~ HCI; [color="#000000"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)
16-aep4749(Adam; 24 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~4~ HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)
[/b]17-9ccat9(Cat; 37 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; 0 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color])
[b]18-artist08(Tim; Sharpsville(PA); 1:27 away; 4 HCI; [color="#0000ff"]Email-✓[/color]; Cell #-✓)
19-The Milk Man(Shev; 38 years old; Lima; 2:51 away; 3.1 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]20-reflog74(John; 58 years old; Shaker Heights; 1:12 away; 15 HCI; [color="#000000"]Email-✓; [/color]Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]21-minteq(Bob; 45 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 5 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
22-minteq #2 - Son(Zach; 18 years old; Cleveland; 1:15 away; 8 HCI; Email-X; Cell #-X)[/b]

I got bored this afternoon so I drove out to The Quarry. First time I've been there. I was hoping they would have some of the flagsticks in so I could actually see some of the holes and stuff but I had no such luck. I just drove around in the parking lot and looked around a little bit and then drove down some side streets that run along the perimeter of the course and in the housing on the course. I must say though...their clubhouse is MASSIVE. Someone mentioned their amazing 19th hole...just by pulling into the parking lot and seeing the clubhouse, you KNOW they have a good one. I can't wait to play there!

Well J, i think this is the first case of golf course stalking in recorded history! :cheesy:

Though i don't blame you. I am as anxious as anybody to get this going

I have done some work with my calender and have determined that I will not have my son on the 23rd. Of course, my Ex may try to throw a wrench into that but she will have to deal. I WANT him to play with us, but I just want to relax. I dunno, mixed feelings I guess.

Anybody going to the Northcoast Golf show at the IX center in a few week? kinda fun, usually some good deals.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1327116018' post='4128161']
I'll be going to the IX center, I usually go on sat. It's a good place to stock up on gloves, tees, ect. We should meet up there and get a $5 hotdog.
[/quote]

And a 6 dollar beer!

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck