ReMaxx World Long Drive Dominated

soflahack

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krank, Bang, SMT, KZG are all component driver companies that have been on the long drive circuit for a while. You also see a lot of Adams, Ping and Cobra drivers around 3-6* of loft out there.

I have hit a Krank driver before but I don't have a long driver swing so I didn't like the feel of it. Likewise, a friend who is a + cap and played mini tours for a while will carry one with him when he plays in Pro/Ams or 4 balls to really put it out there. Low launching / low spinning heads that only 20% of the 90% of WRX's who swing 120+ can handle.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

are those drivers legal to use on the PGA tour?........... I mean I guess there not really needed............A few tour guys get it out there without swinging out of there shoes like the LDA guys do.

I know there are people on here that like to say im wrong so heres a link [url="http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?159"]http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?159[/url]

They don't get it out there like the lda guys do.

Mavrik 9* set -1 w/ Ventus Black 6tx

Mavrik SZ 15 w/ Rouge 80x tipped 1"

Miz H4 2 iron ctaper 130x

TM TP MB 06' PX 7.0 4-pw

TM Hi-Toe 52* c taper 130x

Miz T22 Raw 56* KBS 130x

Miz T22 Raw 60* KBS 130x

Odyssey Metal X Milled #1  34"

-Prov1x left dash

I have a few Krank Rage Black Drivers because I do compete from time to time in LD competitions. I was hitting the Geek DCT and had a personal best of 349 the first event I hit the Krank I went 378 and had several balls over 365. They are the longest driver out IMO

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Wat were dustins conditions? The lda plays on the same turf as they do in football artifical grass they dont get anything for roll compared to some of the courses the tour will play a guy will fly it 260 and it stops at 310+ lda is all carry maybe a very little roll...zuback hits 9 iron 220-230 everytime watched him for years saw sabatini try it his longest was 330 with a long drive club daly was 90 yards behind winner when he did it...you outra go watch it live...theres guys on tour that hit it a long way...but not like those boys that train and practice to do on thing...

[quote name='db22' timestamp='1324873605' post='3987745']
Wat were dustins conditions? The lda plays on the same turf as they do in football artifical grass they dont get anything for roll compared to some of the courses the tour will play a guy will fly it 260 and it stops at 310+ lda is all carry maybe a very little roll...zuback hits 9 iron 220-230 everytime watched him for years saw sabatini try it his longest was 330 with a long drive club daly was 90 yards behind winner when he did it...you outra go watch it live...theres guys on tour that hit it a long way...but not like those boys that train and practice to do on thing...
[/quote]
To add to this:
With the exception of Jamie Sadlowski, who is a freak of nature, almost all LDA guys are at least 6'6" and ripped out of their minds. DJ is a great athlete along with Gary and Bubba, but they just aren't built like most of the 400+ guys

Taylormade M1 460 2016 10.5* Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70s
Taylormade M1 2017 15* Miyazaki Kasuma Blue 70s
Taylormade M2 Tour 3 Iron Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 72x
Ping iBlades 4-PW DG X100
Callaway Mack Daddy Milled 52*, 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Series Jaws 64* DG S400
Nike Method B2-05 36.5"

[quote name='Millz' timestamp='1324872828' post='3987695']
[quote name='beckk10' timestamp='1324851747' post='3986715']
[/quote]

then I guess you didnt go to the link. I love how people on here know what there talking about all the damn time......... Dustin hit it 463 I think the LDA winner won with 468 with the wind helping him
[/quote]

DJ is an absolute bomber, there is no question; but he is not an LDA bomber. Based on his talent and skill set I have no reservation believing he could be if he desired. But he's a golfer who playes the entire game, not just an LDA guy who focuses on hit one club as far and straight as possible. It's funny and erroneous that you bring up his longest drive of the year, which is irrelevant because all that matters is what you can do during a single-elimination time-oriented with limited attempts in varying condition ala LDA Worlds. Every good golfer has hit one off of the cart-path down wind on firm fairways that went 80 yards longer than normal, but that doesn't make us LDA good. It simple means we (like DJ on this occasion) ripped one and got a few good bounces.

There may be 4 maybe 5 guys in the PGA Tour who could make money in the LDA events (Bubba, Woodland, Garrigus, DJ and Holmes). The Nationwide Tour by average is longer than the PGA Tour, so in all likely hood they have more LDA potential than the PGA Tour.

This is just my opinion, take for whatever you want.

[quote name='scottyk' timestamp='1324875355' post='3987843']
[/quote]

then I guess you didnt go to the link. I love how people on here know what there talking about all the damn time......... Dustin hit it 463 I think the LDA winner won with 468 with the wind helping him
[/quote]

DJ is an absolute bomber, there is no question; but he is not an LDA bomber. Based on his talent and skill set I have no reservation believing he could be if he desired. But he's a golfer who playes the entire game, not just an LDA guy who focuses on hit one club as far and straight as possible. It's funny and erroneous that you bring up his longest drive of the year, which is irrelevant because all that matters is what you can do during a single-elimination time-oriented with limited attempts in varying condition ala LDA Worlds. Every good golfer has hit one off of the cart-path down wind on firm fairways that went 80 yards longer than normal, but that doesn't make us LDA good. It simple means we (like DJ on this occasion) ripped one and got a few good bounces.

There may be 4 maybe 5 guys in the PGA Tour who could make money in the LDA events (Bubba, Woodland, Garrigus, DJ and Holmes). The Nationwide Tour by average is longer than the PGA Tour, so in all likely hood they have more LDA potential than the PGA Tour.

This is just my opinion, take for whatever you want.
[/quote]

+1 dj could if thats all he practiced for...but hes pretty good at getting the ball in the hole

Not sure if everyone remembers when Sadlowski hit against Bubba, Garrigus, and Johnson in Hawaii and smoked them all. Bubba hit it 352 and Jamie hit it 407. Jamie flew Bubba's tee shot and Bubba will be the first to say he couldn't hang out there. That pretty much answers the PGA question.

The grid we hit on is real grass that is not mown anywhere close to PGA tour specs. Our grid runs out of grass a 470 and it's dead flat, if we had the fairways that the Tour has we would hit the mountain out the back of the grid. They also paint sponsor logos in the fairway which prohibits mowing.

All of the heads conform to USGA specs. There is a difference in the way we measure the length of the club though. USGA is 48" down the shaft at a 60* lie angle and we measure 50" vertically. Depending on the head design there may be a 1/4" variance longer. With over 1500 qualify events worldwide the LDA went with the no fail measuring system. Anyone can measure 50" off the floor.

There are a bunch of monsters out there, but I would have to disagree with the everyone is 6'6" and ripped. A bunch of new guys out there look very average in size. I'm not that big and I am bigger than half that compete.

Lastly, there are a lot of clubs in use out there from the big companies to the small. Krank has definitely flooded the market, but there are many great clubheads out there. This year Taylor Made walked away with 3 titles in all the divisions.

Thanks for having an interest in Long Drive. I hope this clears a few things up.

I moved away from mesquite in 2005 but i grew up there and watched you guys from casa to the palms never saw the new place that i was told over in the del web facility but i was told it was the same place we played city league flag football on 2-3 years ago...i stand corrected!!! Pavlet do you know if hooper is still competing?

[quote name='db22' timestamp='1324878459' post='3987995']
I moved away from mesquite in 2005 but i grew up there and watched you guys from casa to the palms never saw the new place that i was told over in the del web facility but i was told it was the same place we played city league flag football on 2-3 years ago...i stand corrected!!! Pavlet do you know if hooper is still competing?
[/quote]

The tee is artificial and the turf runs to maybe 200, but after that it's all grass. Yep, Mike Hooper is still out there. He won the Legends Division (60+) this year.

My wife's high school friend is a rep for Krank. Very quality heads when I demoed a few of them. Good for them.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

[quote name='BPavlet' timestamp='1324877989' post='3987971']
Not sure if everyone remembers when Sadlowski hit against Bubba, Garrigus, and Johnson in Hawaii and smoked them all. Bubba hit it 352 and Jamie hit it 407. Jamie flew Bubba's tee shot and Bubba will be the first to say he couldn't hang out there. That pretty much answers the PGA question.
[/quote]

Yep - I was thinking about the same show that aired earlier this season. I believe it was #18 at Kapalua Plantation course. I recall Jamie also borrowed Bubba's LH driver and smoothed one out there about 275-300.

I also was able to see Jamie at a charity pro-am here in Portland this summer. During his clinic he has this gig of "warming up" with his putter. Tee's it up pulls the putter and "pow" 275 in the middle of the fairway. I bet the Am's in his scramble 4some were having the time of their lives on the golf course.

Some of these athletes are so coordinated it's silly.

Right now the Krank head is the longest out there as evidenced by the number of places they took in the recent competition. Their design is simply the crown and the sole are the same shape. No flat sole and standard curved crown.. Because of that when you set the club down it doesn't sit flat. But the design delivers the most efficient energy transfer to the ball because of that design. Sharp company that right now has the best overall driver for distance you can buy. The only similar driver I can ever think of that had similar shaped crowns and soles was the original Ping TISI (which wasn't beautiful to look at but probably helped start the COR testing as they were much longer than anything else being sold at the time)..

The grid we hit on is real grass that is not mown anywhere close to PGA tour specs. Our grid runs out of grass a 470 and it's dead flat, if we had the fairways that the Tour has we would hit the mountain out the back of the grid. They also paint sponsor logos in the fairway which prohibits mowing.

All of the heads conform to USGA specs. There is a difference in the way we measure the length of the club though. USGA is 48" down the shaft at a 60* lie angle and we measure 50" vertically. Depending on the head design there may be a 1/4" variance longer. With over 1500 qualify events worldwide the LDA went with the no fail measuring system. Anyone can measure 50" off the floor.

There are a bunch of monsters out there, but I would have to disagree with the everyone is 6'6" and ripped. A bunch of new guys out there look very average in size. I'm not that big and I am bigger than half that compete.

Lastly, there are a lot of clubs in use out there from the big companies to the small. Krank has definitely flooded the market, but there are many great clubheads out there. This year Taylor Made walked away with 3 titles in all the divisions.

Thanks for having an interest in Long Drive. I hope this clears a few things up.
[/quote]

Thank you it sure is nice to be able to get it straight from a LDA Champion.

Also, I did not know TaylorMade had three of the titles this year-I think that is impressive. I am on the fence about whether or not I want to invest in a Krank driver...dang money always gets in the way!

WITB:

PING G425 Max
PING G425 3W

PING G425 7W
PING G425 Hybrid 

TaylorMade P790 (2023)

Cleveland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Vicino Putter
TaylorMade Tour Response

Vessel Stand Bag

[quote name='db22' timestamp='1324873605' post='3987745']
[/quote]

obviously you did'nt watch this year's Remax. those guys were getting 50 - 70 yards roll. nobody carries it 450, sorry to burst your bubble

• 2 weeks later...

First off, clubs are legal for ANY USGA event....they have to be in order to be used. Secondly, PGA Tour hitting 463 on a golf course is much easier to hit than LD guy hitting 469 on flat surface. Of course wind was aided to get that feat for Carl, but Swing speeds is how you would go about comparing.

#YumaMade #YTown

• 2 months later...

I am a former champion and played on the Nationwide Tour quite a bit as well. I hit against Daly once.

There is a HUGE difference between the longest hitters on the PGA Tour and a world class long driver.

It's the same debate as comparing a football player who is fast and the track athletes who win the sprints at the Olympics.

...and Brian Pavlet is a mean guy.:cheesy:

He cost me two in a row.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

• 4 weeks later...

As an "ordinary" senior (67), I can personally vouch for the added distance gained by the Krank Rage head. I've picked close to 30-40 yards using one with a regular superfly 50 gram shaft (48" USGA though). It just goes and goes. Launches much lower with as noted a lot less spin. All goodness for the times I'm playing links courses in the wind.

Yes, in my very younger days I could drive it out there with almost anyone (320+ consistently with wooden head driver and rock golf balls not today's rockets and drivers). Plus as I got older and less flexible I lost a lot of distance. The Krank Rage head picket up and really has made a difference to me. It's not for everyone as it launches a lot lower and many people would have problems with that.

But it's definitely a great driver head. And I can see why any LDA competitor would like using it.

I play a Krank Rage. Haven't gotten the Black. Yet. I have had them all from the RHCP to the Rage. They are stupid long. I always had played Cobra before but bought a RHCP while I was internet surfing one night and loved it! My buddies still don't think its legal because I blow it past them 30+ yards consistently. I'm 6'1", 178lbs, and routinely hit my drives 330+. I've won the long drive in 4 man best balls 6 times, the longest being 374 and the shortest being 347.

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote]

Brian you are the effing man. No exceptions.

• 2 months later...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol! Dustin's ball rolled 50 yards down the cart path on that shot, and he only parred the hole! Give the LDA guys some concrete...