2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Egg Spoon Questions........

EmptyWallet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which shaft? My Driver SS is about 95-100?

15* Fubuki AX 65 Stiff (Upgrade)
15* Fubuki AX 75 Stiff (Upgrade)
15* M-46 Carbon (102-110mph) (this is a 3-4 week special order)
15* M-43 Carbon (94-104mph)
15* M-40 Carbon (86-96mph)
15* M-37 Carbon (80-90mph)

17* M-37 Carbon (80-90mph)
17* M-35 Carbon (74-82mph)

[quote name='EmptyWallet' timestamp='1328737296' post='4240061']
Which shaft? My Driver SS is about 95-100?

15* Fubuki AX 65 Stiff (Upgrade)
15* Fubuki AX 75 Stiff (Upgrade)
15* M-46 Carbon (102-110mph) (this is a 3-4 week special order)
15* M-43 Carbon (94-104mph)
15* M-40 Carbon (86-96mph)
15* M-37 Carbon (80-90mph)

17* M-37 Carbon (80-90mph)
17* M-35 Carbon (74-82mph)
[/quote]

If you go with the stock shaft, the M-43 should be fine.

I read about these in another thread. So I went searching for one. None of the popular online sites have them (TGW, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, etc.) so I went to ebay and am seeing them for something like $500 each. What is up with that? Are they out of their minds? Or since they are from Japan, that is probably a normal price over there.

Agree with FatMan on the M43 and add on to idrive that it is also tee monster and the stock shaft is plenty good enough.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Head (15* vs 17*): The center of gravity of the head is very low. That means the head is higher launching - go with 15*.

Shaft: Not easy to decide, because the stock shafts are nice feeling but very light and play (very) soft to flex. The weight of the M40 for example (with grip on) is only 98 g - so the stock shafts are in the 50 g range. The cpm of the M40 PRGR hybrid shaft, for example, was 40 cpm lower than the comparable Miyazaki Kua 59 r-flex (hybrid shaft)! ( I don´t have the cpm of the 3 wood shaft...). Trajectory with stock shaft was mid-high to high with my swing (head:15*).

If you don´t want to spend money for an aftermarket shaft go with M43 (if you have a smooth transition) or better with M46 (faster transition / hitter type).
Better would be the Fubuki AX 75, if you need more shaft weight.

The Egg spoon is so popular because of the combination with some high end shafts (Crazy, GD, Quadra..). Then people get the "best 3 wood ever".

One very good, but very expensive aftermarket shaft for the Egg spoon is Crazy FW 80. This combo outperforms the original Egg Spoon + stockshaft easily.
More distance, much tighter dispersion with soft landing and much better feeling. As I red, Quadra fire express and GD P 9003 are good, too.

[quote name='EmptyWallet' timestamp='1328804303' post='4245011']
I was thinking about throwing a Reboard 83 or Blueboard 83 in the 15*.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

Both excellent shafts and are a good fit.

Looking for a higher launch? Redboard

Lower launch, max distance, won't land quite as soft? Blueboard.

Have to agree with stuff said. I have hit the Blueboard and hit the M43 both are very good. I didn't notice the difference between them really. The M43 is a pretty good offering. Another good option if you find the M43 doesn't work is DI6 or DI7.

I would start with the stock shaft and go from there.

Expensive? Yes, the weak dollar does not help at all since these are Japan only offerings. No what else is expensive--- swapping through 3 woods and taking the loss every time.

Used they pop up from time to time, but not very often as people tend to keep them. Of all the JDM clubs, this one is probably most worth the premium, it is that good, long and forgiving.

I hate letting more people know how good these are as I am looking for a 13*.... :rolleyes:

I am a big fan of the EGG family. I Have had both generations of EGG FWS. The past year I got 2 EGG UTILITY + hybrids. The EGG HYBRIDS are even better than the FWS. If you are a decent striker of the ball you can hit near tour caliber golf shots with the EGG HYBRIDS. Average golfers will also see dramatic improvements. I have found the M-43 shaft to be fine in both the fws and utilities.

[quote name='EmptyWallet' timestamp='1329255995' post='4286283']
Are you talking g about the i+ utility seen here?

http://www.golftoimpress.com/reflecting-on-the-prgr-egg-demos/
[/quote]

Hi,

Congrats on the EGG FW. THe longest and most forgiving FW imho. I have the EGG I+ 19* as well and again, the longest and most forgiving hybrid imho. My deduction is its part of the maraging steel tech which is really hot. Great clubs.

Take time to get you to them in terms of setup etc but it should be too long. Enjoy.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

I have not played the Mashie so I can;t give a direct comparo. I woudl suggest, try out your EGG FW and I think that will push you to the EGG I+ :-) 19 or 21 depends on your needs and gap to plug. The I+ goes long so stepping down in loft may be needed.

I have the EGG I+ 19. On solid hits off the FW it has reached approx 220+ yards which is very good for me. That is a solid hit. On average, I would say about 200 yards. off the tee would be a avg of 210+ yards. Sollid hits again wil be in the 220 yard range.

yup. 15% with a GD Tour AD DI5 shaft in it to match the weight of the stock shaft.

Avg will be approx.230+y. I derfintely am more confident with teh Egg i+ and make better contact more consistently. I've never been a string FW player. A mental thing for me.

That's a good point. I really only ever use the FW off the TEE and on pured hits, that has gone on a couple of occassions really long and I'm talking driver distance. The EGG I+ yes, I use that a lot more and with a lot of consistent success (even the mishits go). I git my EGG FW used actually so... but now you have me thinking... and I already carry only 13 clubs. Pity they don;t have a 16* EGG I+. I would really try that.

the original egg 15* is the mack daddy of distance, its so easy to hit off the dec. i dont bother using a tee on he tee box ,justchuck a bal ldown and clobber.
the new egg in 17* is a 17* spoon as compared to a 5 wood.
thsi is higher launching and very soft landing. pefect for chasing those par 5s that u can reach but dont want the bal lto run thru
its not as long as the original model. nothing is
it sounds a heap better but the uber slekness of it lends to sky balls on occasions
its really realyl sleek

shafts
diamana kaili is the BEST non topy shaft in the egg.
for some reason these two wer just amde for each other

u dont need to get the ball in the air wit this club u more need t okee pit down.
the kaili does this, i think even better than some crazy shafts

juts get one
either a 17* new one for landing soft
of the old hamme time for pure distance

either way , they are great fws.

owari !

Really.. BS aside... the most forgiving of hybrids that I know of or have played. For me, this the EGGs give you more than you put in.