2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Rotator cuff surgery

Golfchicago

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golfchicago,

Hope all is well and good luck with your upcoming surgery. I think you were the seller of my Tour Titleist 983K 9.5* w/ NVS. It treated me well but I've moved on.

(cool)

Torment,

I understand, that was still a great driver! This is nuts. I got a call last night. There is a cancellation this Friday. So off I go to surgery in two days. This is a fantanstic break. I know that I had a good chance to move up because people are getting sick this time of the year. I never imagined it would happen this quickly.

Best of luck Frank. In my prayers :cheesy:

-CHRIS-

Chris,

Thanks, your prayers are working!!! They got my surgery moved up 26 days. It was hysterical. The scheduler called me up yesterday and said the doctor's response to the opening was "let's move the golfer up in the rotation." Now that is what is called good discrimination! (cool)

Guys Ill do the best I can typing with one hand. Surgery start went as scheduled early Friday afternoon. When they scoped me they realized the work could not be done without opening me up some more. Interestingly, the incision was only about 2 inches. It is amazing how evasive they are able to do the surgery. They told my buddy after the surgery that this was an old injury and that I obviously wasn't aware that I had it for this long. They also stated that the surgery took 3.25 hours instead of 1.5 hours because the muscle had retracted and the tendon was difficult to get to as well. I spent 2.5 days in the hospital. It was a complete blur until I got off the dilodod. That drug is way to powerful for me. I couldn't function in the bathroom. So they got me on perkacet. Much better,I was able to handle that and remain regular. It was a difficult stay in the hospital because of the drugs,the constant vital checking and an active roommate. I am officially out and on the mend. My buddy at Athletico did my first day of rehab Monday. It went great ,but of course, I paid the price at the end of the day! It is just great to be out and recovering. I am concerned that my injury is a lot older than i thought, well time will tell! Ill fill ya in with more later

Glad you are doing ok. Hope to hear positive updates!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Frank...I just was thinking about you and figured I'd check this thread out again to check on your operation date. Darn...last I heard it was the 27th and now it looks like you've already gone under the knife. Good to hear you've started on your PT. Take care buddy...hopefully you'll be on the links soon! ;)

I am concerned that my injury is a lot older than i thought, well time will tell! Ill fill ya in with more later

Heck Frank...sometimes we find that these old injuries are as old as we are........Just for an example, I have injuries that are older than you are. :crazy:

All kidding aside, I hope you are doing well, and things are going good for you. The only difference between you and I is that I liked the dilaudid, and that the percocet wasn't strong enough. :fool: What do you think they make Metamucil for anyway. ;)

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Hey Frank,

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Even though the pt hurts afterward it only gets better. You type better with one hand than I do with both. Get well soon cause I'm gunning for ya in the spring. You'd crush me like a grape anyway even if you swing with one arm.

You got it boomer. Definitely give me a shout when you get in the hood!

Frank...I just was thinking about you and figured I'd check this thread out again to check on your operation date. Darn...last I heard it was the 27th and now it looks like you've already gone under the knife. Good to hear you've started on your PT. Take care buddy...hopefully you'll be on the links soon! ;)

Reid,

Thanks for the support brother! Ya I am workin my arse off. I don't mind the pain so much during PT. I have definitely gotten better in one weeks time. It is good to know that I am healing.

I am concerned that my injury is a lot older than i thought, well time will tell! Ill fill ya in with more later

Heck Frank...sometimes we find that these old injuries are as old as we are........Just for an example, I have injuries that are older than you are. :crazy:

All kidding aside, I hope you are doing well, and things are going good for you. The only difference between you and I is that I liked the dilaudid, and that the percocet wasn't strong enough. :fool: What do you think they make Metamucil for anyway. ;)

LOl , brother Ive got the orange flavored Metamucil and collage both in the daily rotation!!!!!!!!!!!! Perkacet does a number on my regularity. Man I can't wait to get off the stuff. I hate drugs and i always will. I like waking up and feeling normal. That has always been good with me.

Glad to hear you're back with us now Frank. We missed ya ;):):fool::):crazy:

-CHRIS-

Thanks C, this week has been rest and work and rest and rest and rest. Thank God for a great partner. I probably will be able to catch up with my work early next week! Today was the first full work day post op. It is great to be on the mending cycle. Chat with ya soon bud

JOURNAL WEEK ONE

Looking back the first week flew by. I didn't even realize it was a week until a client had mentioned it to me. I spent the first two days in the hospital on the dilodid drip. At times the next six minute dose couldnt come any faster. It was difficult sleeping. They had wrapped tight socks on my legs and had an inflatable tube arouund my calves that would inflate every five minutes or so. This was to prevent any blood clots. So forget sleeping. Since I got out of the hospital, I've discovered I have had no problem sleeping. I am a light sleeper and I have no problem sleeping in a reclining chair. So I've been able to catch up with my sleep. Last night I slept on the couch fully reclined, yeah baby! I've done the following exercises daily

1. ball squeeze 500 a day

2. arm curl no weight 100 hundred a day

3 bent over arm hang motionless 15 minutes a day

4. bent over arm swing (carefully and controlled by my body) 10 minutes a day

5. Shoulder blade squeezes toward the spine 50

6. isometric internal/external holds two minutes each way

There is not much more I can do than this. I am taking extreme caution when I do these exercises, especially the arm swings. Cory, my pt from Athletico told me that the first month I will feel like we have done nothing. Believe me, it sounds like nothing, but I do ice it for 20 minutes after and it is still a little sore. When I am at my computer, I try to keep the sling off as long as possible. Some days the arm is to tender though. Also, I am trying to wean myself off the perkacet. I don't like the high feeling I get. So I am down to one pill and I try to strecth it out as long as possible. Some days I've gone as long as 12 hours without any pain meds. That is my week one story.

Michael, Thanks I look at it as another challenge in life. I've got my goals set up every day. I am right on course. My PT said on my second treatment with him this week that he was extremely impressed with the gains I made. That was encouraging! So are your comments Michael, thanks. I thought it would be fun to do a week to weekly progress report. Then anyone having this surgery in the future can refer back to this post.