2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Football vs Golf

RW_Shankar

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1350399994' post='5801521']
[quote name='hebron1427' timestamp='1350398734' post='5801395']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1350397423' post='5801257']
I wouldnt worry onyx, I think at the end of the day the Texans and a few others are still the top ranks. You guys have a good division so barring something crazy, you should be set. Its a long season and alot can change, but having the best record through 6 games last time I checked doesnt win or prove anything.

Some teams have harder schedules than others, and a loss(es) arent that big of a deal. Right now all that matters is making the playoffs. From there everybody is 0-0. Look at the Giants last year, doesnt matter what your record is.
[/quote]

generally agree, except that teams that are 6-0 almost invariably make the playoffs. only two teams in the last 30 years have gone 5-0 and missed the playoffs. you've got to get to the playoffs before you can do anything with it.

and, like i said before, it's never been about what matters, or who's best, or what they might win. it's always been about who's #1. Falcons--the only undefeated team after week 6. #1. Period.
[/quote]

Yeah I hear you. Clearly winning more games will help you get into the playoffs and starting strong will help, but with the Bucs, Panthers and Saints I would hope you dontt have too much trouble winning that division.

But like I said, if being a top the power rankings is a big thing by all means. While they have the best record in the league, I dont think that automatically makes them the best team...but thats just me. They have had a pretty easy go to start the season, so once stiffer competition rolls around we can get a better gauge.

Long season though boys.
[/quote]

the falcons have beaten denver, san diego, and washington in addition to some crappy teams. i don't call that an "easy start"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs, Raiders, Panthers, and Skins arent really world beaters and some of those teams took you to the wire. The Broncos and Chargers sit at .500 which means not one team the Falcons beat has a winning record. Granted you still have to win, but those are not the same as beating the upper tier NFL teams

I live in the DC area, and besides all this buzz about the skins...they are not a good team. RG3 is the sole thing they have going. They have a terrible defense and the offense only goes as RG3 does.

This is my point, its way too early to declare best teams, especially doing it by record only because so many teams are hovering around the same marks. Thats why looking at teams as a whole and their performance and both sides of the ball could be a more accurate indicator. At least for me.

**Please please please, do not turn this into another drain fest. I enjoy talking football and am not trying to diss your team or anything. Just talking some football.**

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1350401140' post='5801639']
Chiefs, Raiders, Panthers, and Skins arent really world beaters and some of those teams took you to the wire. [u][b]The Broncos and Chargers sit at .500 which means not one team the Falcons beat has a winning record. [/b][/u] Granted you still have to win, but those are not the same as beating the upper tier NFL teams

I live in the DC area, and besides all this buzz about the skins...they are not a good team. RG3 is the sole thing they have going. They have a terrible defense and the offense only goes as RG3 does.

This is my point, its way too early to declare best teams, especially doing it by record only because so many teams are hovering around the same marks. Thats why looking at teams as a whole and their performance and both sides of the ball could be a more accurate indicator. At least for me.

**Please please please, do not turn this into another drain fest. I enjoy talking football and am not trying to diss your team or anything. Just talking some football.**
[/quote]

i thought the record didn't matter? if the record doesn't matter, then why are you saying these teams aren't good because their record is .500 or below? the broncos have peyton and a solid D. how "good" they are should be evidenced by what they did to SD last night. and SD isn't bad. Rivers made a ton of mistakes last night, but they're not the rams, and the Falcons manhandled SD. I'm not saying the Falcons are all of a sudden going to win a super bowl--there's a long road. But I'm not getting the lack of respect for the 6-0 team. The Texans got DESTROYED by a packers team that lost to Seattle and indianapolis. The Patriots--usually the class of hte AFC--don't look right. Pittsburg is not what it used to be. Baltimore lost Ray Ray and who knows what will happen with that team. Who's better than the Falcons? SF? Why'd they lose to the giants and Minnesota? It's the NFL. Every team is capable of winning. The fact that one team has gone 6-0 should speak for itself. If the record doesn't matter at 6-0, then when does it matter? 8-0? 9-0? 14-0? When do you start admitting that this team has game?

The Falcons are good, I never said they arent. I give them respect for what they are doing, but I think they are not the best team. Its no disrespect at all. As far as record, you could be 16-0 and it doesnt matter....the Pats showed that. The Packers last year showed that you can rampage the regular season and it doesnt matter.

[b]I[/b] dont think record matters especially right now, but I brought that point up to you because you seem to go only off that. Aside from record lets be honest, the Chiefs? The Raiders? Panthers? Are you saying they are good teams? I feel that the Broncos will be over 500 when its all said and done, same with the Chargers probably. The Falcons have had a trend of doing well in the regular season and then fizzling out. They have the 21st ranked D right now, and especially cant stop the run. They rank pretty low running the ball as well. Those things catch up to you.

The Texans have a great offense, and can run the ball well. They also have a stout D...that is the kind of recipe that championship teams have. Youd be mistaken to think one game says anything about a team...especially against GB. GB, while they have lost some games still have the capability of blowing teams out no matter who they are. Rodgers had Texans draped over him all night, and still tore them up. I think the Texans are better than the Falcons, I personally think the niners are as well right now. Niners lost to the Vikes and Giants because we had bad games...it happens, like you said every team is capable. We havent won in Minnesota since the 90's. Team is a collective effort, makeup, schemes, philosphy etc.. Not just one thing.

The main thing, it is way too early to say who is best or a SB fave. Everybody is around the same record, and the playoff picture is still a blur. Once in the playoffs, nothing in the regular season matters.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='hebron1427' timestamp='1350702145' post='5819639']
[quote name='HackerVance' timestamp='1350694780' post='5819221']
Id rather go to the Masters than the Super Bowl every time, even if I had 50 yard line seats amd was sitting between Jerry Seinfeld and Neuman. You did up the stakes I must admit.
[/quote]

What if you're sitting between Angelina Jolie and Kate Upton?
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1349122845' post='5732613']
[quote name='hebron1427' timestamp='1349117069' post='5731797']
[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1349114081' post='5731471']
when you're from Houston like me, you have very little time on Sunday for anything but watching the #1 team in the NFL.
[/quote]

so you're a falcons fan?
[/quote]

Nooo, I said #1 team. And I'm with ^^^ this guy. This seems to be the year of the defense.
[/quote]

Falcons 8-0. and STILL the #1 team in the NFL.

[quote name='hebron1427' timestamp='1352124914' post='5893217']
when you're from Houston like me, you have very little time on Sunday for anything but watching the #1 team in the NFL.
[/quote]

so you're a falcons fan?
[/quote]

Nooo, I said #1 team. And I'm with ^^^ this guy. This seems to be the year of the defense.
[/quote]

[/quote]

They beat the Cowgirls... congratulations.

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1352126260' post='5893311']
[/quote]

so you're a falcons fan?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They beat the Cowgirls... congratulations.
[/quote]

and still 8-0. how's that 7-1 2nd place team?

[/quote]

so you're a falcons fan?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What was that again?

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1352732836' post='5922291']
[/quote]

so you're a falcons fan?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What was that again?
[/quote]

waited a whole week for that zinger?

Not everybody can play a super easy schedule all year....it happened 2 days ago, not a week.

Now that the Falcons lost, I think there is a wide open debate for best team. (Thought there was with them undefeated, but I digress)

Top tier teams:

Texans, Bears, 49ers, Packers, Falcons, Pats, Ravens, Steelers

Of those, I see Texans as probably the top dog. Teams built for a long run I see 49ers and depending on injuries the Steelers and Bears could be right there as well. Then the Pack, Falcons and Pats with their offenses cant be counted out, but lack of defense could hurt them.

Upcoming:
Saints, Seahawks, Broncos

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Yeah I think the Bears D will come back to earth a bit, and depending on how long cutler is out that could hurt a already stuggling offense as well..

I dont think this year we will have just a complete dominant team that is a clear favorite. Chances are it will be the last survivor from a handful of really good teams.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='Mschumacher' timestamp='1352839594' post='5929307']
Still not sold on the bears. Weak schedule, 2 losses coming from GB and Hou.

NFL looks really balanced this year
[/quote]

Look, I'm a diehard bears fan, and while I've got a few doubts of my own, this weak schedule crap is nonsense. Outside of an early victory against Denver, who have the Falcons beat? The Texans have a very convincing win against the Ravens, yet that came a week after being blown out by the Packers- at home.

The next few weeks for the Bears will be very telling as to what type of team they truly are- but it goes without saying, cutler needs to be playing for them to have any chance. Their d is, in my opinion, that good. Can they keep the turnover rate at such a frenzied pace? I doubt it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this o cannot be more consistent. O line is an issue but there is too much talent to not put 21+ on the board every game...

I too believe the NFL is quite balanced...

We need george carlin to come back and do a football vs golf routine. Would be hilarious with the stuff he would have come up with i'm sure.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

No, not a single completely dominant team like in years past. But thinking as unbiased as I can, I think the Texans are the most balanced team in the NFL. One of the best secondary's in the NFL and without a doubt the best D Line and one of the best RB's, WR's, and TE's around.

[color=#343434][size=3]From FOXSports: "The Texans have wins over the Bears and Broncos . . . both top-five teams in my Power Rankings. They also have a win against the Ravens, a top-10 team. Combine that with their 8-1 record and I think it is clear why they are the top-ranked team"[/size][/color]

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1352906894' post='5932557']
[quote name='Mschumacher' timestamp='1352839594' post='5929307']
Still not sold on the bears. Weak schedule, 2 losses coming from GB and Hou.

NFL looks really balanced this year
[/quote]

Look, I'm a diehard bears fan, and while I've got a few doubts of my own, this weak schedule crap is nonsense. Outside of an early victory against Denver, who have the Falcons beat? The Texans have a very convincing win against the Ravens, yet that came a week after being blown out by the Packers- at home.

The next few weeks for the Bears will be very telling as to what type of team they truly are- but it goes without saying, cutler needs to be playing for them to have any chance. Their d is, in my opinion, that good. Can they keep the turnover rate at such a frenzied pace? I doubt it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this o cannot be more consistent. O line is an issue but there is too much talent to not put 21+ on the board every game...

I too believe the NFL is quite balanced...
[/quote]

I will second this, while they did win the games (some barely) the Falcons may have the easiest sched in the league.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1352908072' post='5932673']
No, not a single completely dominant team like in years past. But thinking as unbiased as I can, I think the Texans are the most balanced team in the NFL. One of the best secondary's in the NFL and without a doubt the best D Line and one of the best RB's, WR's, and TE's around.

[color=#343434][size=3]From FOXSports: "The Texans have wins over the Bears and Broncos . . . both top-five teams in my Power Rankings. They also have a win against the Ravens, a top-10 team. Combine that with their 8-1 record and I think it is clear why they are the top-ranked team"[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Whats been up with Andre Johnson this year, seems he hasnt quite been the monster that he ususally is. Havent heard much about him

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[/quote]

I don't think there is any doubt they should sit atop the rankings- obviously I want my bears in it at the end but after ten weeks, yes Houston is the best...

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1352910520' post='5932909']

[/quote]

Whats been up with Andre Johnson this year, seems he hasnt quite been the monster that he ususally is. Havent heard much about him
[/quote]

AJ still leads the team in receptions and yards at 46/597, but Arian Foster has been the workhorse at 221 attempts and 872 yards. He is on pace for 400+ carries this season with the record at 416. Plus AJ is usually under double coverage and the Texans moved to a rush-oriented offense this year for some reason... but hey, it's working for them so why change it.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=HOU"]http://www.nfl.com/t...istics?team=HOU[/url]

As a Cowboys fan I play golf so I don't destroy my TV by contantly flinging the remote at it :(

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1352915695' post='5933433'] [quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1352910520' post='5932909'] [quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1352908072' post='5932673'] No, not a single completely dominant team like in years past. But thinking as unbiased as I can, I think the Texans are the most balanced team in the NFL. One of the best secondary's in the NFL and without a doubt the best D Line and one of the best RB's, WR's, and TE's around. [color=#343434][size=3]From FOXSports: "The Texans have wins over the Bears and Broncos . . . both top-five teams in my Power Rankings. They also have a win against the Ravens, a top-10 team. Combine that with their 8-1 record and I think it is clear why they are the top-ranked team"[/size][/color] [/quote] Whats been up with Andre Johnson this year, seems he hasnt quite been the monster that he ususally is. Havent heard much about him [/quote] AJ still leads the team in receptions and yards at 46/597, but Arian Foster has been the workhorse at 221 attempts and 872 yards. He is on pace for 400+ carries this season with the record at 416. Plus AJ is usually under double coverage and the Texans moved to a rush-oriented offense this year for some reason... but hey, it's working for them so why change it. [url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=HOU"]http://www.nfl.com/t...istics?team=HOU[/url] [/quote]

9ers laid out that blue print! Dont have to toss it around 60 times a game...pound the rock!!!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='TheWalker' timestamp='1353101916' post='5944565']
I love college football. It's GREAT for emptying out the courses on a Saturday afternoon, especially here in Alabama. Actually, I enjoy watching football, but if the weather's nice, I can record a ball game....
[/quote]

pretty sure the course was pretty empty last weekend around 2:30 huh? then the depression hit as my Aggies defeated the top ranked team in the NCAA! whoop!

[quote name='Onyx Z' timestamp='1353177481' post='5947125']
[quote name='TheWalker' timestamp='1353101916' post='5944565']
I love college football. It's GREAT for emptying out the courses on a Saturday afternoon, especially here in Alabama. Actually, I enjoy watching football, but if the weather's nice, I can record a ball game....
[/quote]

pretty sure the course was pretty empty last weekend around 2:30 huh? then the depression hit as my Aggies defeated the top ranked team in the NCAA! whoop!
[/quote]I don't know. I wasn't on a course. I was on the range with my daughter, and around 2:00, it became a ghost town.