2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

I miss "The Gachet..."

[color=#222222]I remember the Gatch. Always there with the updates on Rick's new stuff, the icon of the snarky guy with the drink, he was a good dude. I'll miss him, I'm sure a lot of us will. [/color]
[color=#222222]What I think is important now is to focus on the things we all remember that were positive, the good times. As mentioned, the Faldo thread. His banter with Mat562. Or just the way he would brighten up some of the slower days with his contributions. [/color]
[color=#222222]In times of loss like these, I always think about a quote I once heard..[/color]
[color=#222222][i]"What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose"[/i][/color]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1350399638' post='5801485']
Pretty sad that the WRX employee called him out about not giving credit to the photographers, when the G man clear has stated many times he is just posting photos from the web.
[/quote]

Pictures in the web are not by default "free game". They are still owned by someone. This is normal on any forum.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

[quote name='QEight' timestamp='1350478754' post='5805739']
[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1350399638' post='5801485']
Pretty sad that the WRX employee called him out about not giving credit to the photographers, when the G man clear has stated many times he is just posting photos from the web.
[/quote]

Pictures in the web are not by default "free game". They are still owned by someone. This is normal on any forum.
[/quote]

[size=5]AGAIN, not what this thread is about[/size]. Comment positively or don't comment at all.

Thx :friends:

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1350499885' post='5807575']

[size=5]AGAIN, not what this thread is about[/size]. Comment positively or don't comment at all.

Thx :friends:
[/quote]

Oh, sorry.

I actually did enjoy Faldo thread very much.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

The Faldo thread was and still is fantastic. I don't really look at the WITB pages anymore, they definitely miss the Gachet's input. He pretty much ran that part of the forum on his own.

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1350418698' post='5803013']
The Gachet didn't get told off by anyone. Someone filed an official copyright infringement complaint against GolfWRX, and one of our owners / administrators responded. There was not a moderator involved with this content removal in any way. Please Read.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/286381-witb-phil-mickelson/page__st__330#entry5642847"]http://www.golfwrx.c...30#entry5642847[/url]

p.s. Some of you guys should check out your facts before you respond with false accusations.
[/quote]

Unfortunatey my post in that thread was deleted but I specifically asked if that complaint was related to a Gatchet post and it was never confirmed or denied.

Your post is actually pretty vague too and doesn't confirm that the legal complaint was directly related to the Gatchet.

Are you saying that the Gatchet is responsible for the legal action that was taken by the third party?

I'm not trying to stir the pot like usual, just trying to get the facts.

[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1350623926' post='5815447']
[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1350418698' post='5803013']
The Gachet didn't get told off by anyone. Someone filed an official copyright infringement complaint against GolfWRX, and one of our owners / administrators responded. There was not a moderator involved with this content removal in any way. Please Read.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/286381-witb-phil-mickelson/page__st__330#entry5642847"]http://www.golfwrx.c...30#entry5642847[/url]

p.s. Some of you guys should check out your facts before you respond with false accusations.
[/quote]

Unfortunatey my post in that thread was deleted but I specifically asked if that complaint was related to a Gatchet post and it was never confirmed or denied.

Your post is actually pretty vague too and doesn't confirm that the legal complaint was directly related to the Gatchet.

Are you saying that the Gatchet is responsible for the legal action that was taken by the third party?

I'm not trying to stir the pot like usual, just trying to get the facts.
[/quote]

:butcher::butcher::butcher::butcher::butcher:

[size=5]Do people not read entire threads anymore?? [/size]

Titleist ProV1x

@MadGolfer76

The Phil Mickelson thread is 12 pages long. I don't have the kind of time to read the entire thread. GXGolfer's post with the DMCA Complaint never directly mentions the Gatchet's post. We are left to assume and I just wanted clarification.

It sounds like the DMCA Complaint was in reference to another poster and not the Gatchet. Lets not falsely attach the Gatchet to the complaint until we have confirmation. I've read the complaint a couple of times now and it doesn't name the Gatchet or his Phil Mickelson story post anywhere.

[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1350682293' post='5818445']
@MadGolfer76

The Phil Mickelson thread is 12 pages long. I don't have the kind of time to read the entire thread. GXGolfer's post with the DMCA Complaint never directly mentions the Gatchet's post. We are left to assume and I just wanted clarification.

It sounds like the DMCA Complaint was in reference to another poster and not the Gatchet. Lets not falsely attach the Gatchet to the complaint until we have confirmation. I've read the complaint a couple of times now and it doesn't name the Gatchet or his Phil Mickelson story post anywhere.
[/quote]

LM, I don't want to start a "thing" here, but you could PM a mod for that info. This is just about showing support, not detective work. Don't want to sound mean or anything, but I made the point a couple times now and this is still happening. I want this thread to stay open and that isn't going to happen if people keep pestering the mods.

Titleist ProV1x

Respectfully, even if you read the entire post, you would not be reading everything.

At one point a WRX staffer did call out The Gachet in a rather direct manner. The reason that I remember this is because that person was later called out for using photos in a different thread that were not his without citing his source. In both cases, posts were edited, 409 was applied, and now there is no trace of either.

IMO, The Gachet was treated rather rudely considering that a PM could have communicated the same message. If the site is getting so big that the internet cops are getting their panties in a bunch, so be it. But, as is often the case, it could have been handled better.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1350686506' post='5818677']
Respectfully, even if you read the entire post, you would not be reading everything.

At one point a WRX staffer did call out The Gachet in a rather direct manner. The reason that I remember this is because that person was later called out for using photos in a different thread that were not his without citing his source. In both cases, posts were edited, 409 was applied, and now there is no trace of either.

IMO, The Gachet was treated rather rudely considering that a PM could have communicated the same message. If the site is getting so big that the internet cops are getting their panties in a bunch, so be it. But, as is often the case, it could have been handled better.
[/quote]

For the spirit of this thread and based on the fact that we have all made mistakes and "put our foot in our mouth". It's time to let this go.... The MOD apologized and admitted the mistake... Lets just keep our fingers crossed that Gatch comes out of retirement soon...

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1350687034' post='5818715']
[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1350686506' post='5818677']

[/quote]

For the spirit of this thread and based on the fact that we have all made mistakes and "put our foot in our mouth". It's time to let this go.... The MOD apologized and admitted the mistake... Lets just keep our fingers crossed that Gatch comes out of retirement soon...
[/quote]

It wasn't a MOD. Mac was correct when he posted that. But the timing is too close for that not to be the root cause of The Gachet going dark, IMO.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='SurfinTurf' timestamp='1351202195' post='5846415']
Gachet is still no place to be found.

Huge loss for this site. Bloody shame. The reality of it is just now sinking in.
[/quote]

I first came to this site because I was looking for info on a tour pro WITB, and found Gachet and all his posts. You guys should all email him and tell him to come back. Even if he doesn't take back up the WITB posts (hope WRX can find a way for him to do that which keeps everyone happy), he seems like a pretty cool guy who didn't deserve what happened. Good member who helped the site and added to the community.

Titleist ProV1x

Tubes and Rocket were never a replacement for 'The Gachet', and Hells Bells misses him, she's been never quite the same. Long live the gachet.

No I haven't gone mad, I'm sure there a few here that know what I'm referring to including the gachet. (don't let the bar stewards grind ya down)

:)

It's funny how the little things can trigger a memory......

It was sometime this summer. I was belly aching about how soft the course was and how my shots were taking to much turf. The Gatch, being magnanimous as ever, posts a picture of a super high bounce wedge. I laughed for days about that. That's the kind of guy he was. He had a picture for everything, for every situation.
The Gatch liked pictures, golf, and conversation. Looking back I think I understand what The Gatch was trying to tell us. I think he wanted all of us to have equipment that was worth a photo. He wanted us to love this game and more importantly the equipment that we use. I'm just glad to say I knew him.

So a freelance posts a pic on the WORLD WIDE web with no credit info given and if it is linked the guy/gal can take legal action? That makes ZERO sense. This internet creation by what's his name is getting more difficult by the day to figure out. I even hear rumors of getting taxed to use it...the web.

Gachet, come back sir, in some minimized capacity at least so I know what the deal is or might be! I'm looking you up the next time I'm over your way.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I have no idea who the Gatchet is, but y'all are making it sound like he has expired. I'm sure, while all of you are speaking of him in the past tense, that somewhere out there, on this existential plane,he is still exhibiting all the qualities you seem to admire in him.
Speaking of him in the first person would probably go a long way toward confirming that his absence on this site is not in any way an indication of his demise.....

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1351288519' post='5851567']
I have no idea who the Gatchet is, but y'all are making it sound like he has expired. I'm sure, while all of you are speaking of him in the past tense, that somewhere out there, on this existential plane,he is still exhibiting all the qualities you seem to admire in him.
Speaking of him in the first person would probably go a long way toward confirming that his absence on this site is not in any way an indication of his demise.....
[/quote]

Well put!

[/quote]

Naw, he is fine. I emailed him recently, so that is the perspective that the thread is based on (ie. missing his posts, etc.). That kind of deal.

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1351289023' post='5851601']
[/quote]

Naw, he is fine. I emailed him recently, so that is the perspective that the thread is based on (ie. missing his posts, etc.). That kind of deal.
[/quote]
I hear ya...but as I read the entire thread, I began to feel as if I was at a funeral. Darned near went to my pocket for a hanky, a couple of times, too.
I'm happy to know that he is fine. And for what it's worth, from what I've read, I'd like to see him back....it's gettin' kinda boring around here, right about now.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1351289391' post='5851635']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1351289023' post='5851601']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I hear ya...but as I read the entire thread, I began to feel as if I was at a funeral. Darned near went to my pocket for a hanky, a couple of times, too.
I'm happy to know that he is fine. And for what it's worth, from what I've read, I'd like to see him back....it's gettin' kinda boring around here, right about now.
[/quote]

I know, right? Some folks are doing a little bit in the WITB section, but it is nothing compared to what Gachet did. Every day with an update on somebody.

Titleist ProV1x

All due respect to the Mods but something is wrong here. Gachet provided [size=4]AWESOME[/size] content to this site and "content" means everything online.

I don't even know why he went so far out of his way to be such a fantastic contributor to this site. IMO he should have been on the WRX payroll.

Someone on staff should reach out to him.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802

[quote name='SurfinTurf' timestamp='1351394832' post='5856885']
All due respect to the Mods but something is wrong here. Gachet provided [size=4]AWESOME[/size] content to this site and "content" means everything online.

I don't even know why he went so far out of his way to be such a fantastic contributor to this site. IMO he should have been on the WRX payroll.

Someone on staff should reach out to him.
[/quote]

Agree...but it would have to be done in a certain way. Apart from how things were phrased, the owners weren't necessarily wrong in the points they made. I would hope there is a better way of doing things that would allow Gachet to come back and post without WRX getting in hot water regarding the sources/citations.

Titleist ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='TripleGrindSole' timestamp='1352715113' post='5921701']
If the photo is watermarked is that considered proper credit?
[/quote]

No, not in all circumstances. Sometimes even a citation is not enough, but the watermark alone doesn't serve as one in every instance.

Titleist ProV1x

It's really sad that one of our worst members (JR) returns after scamming tons of people and one of our best members (gatchet) may not returner all after doing nothing wrong.

I really took for granted his posts and the pictures he posted. Most of the pics e posted I never would have stumbles across and I am going to miss seeing his pictures if he doesn't return.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss him to. I was part of that after the fact. Greg and him had a disagreement, I talked to Greg and let him understand how he came off. Greg also said he tried to make it ok in th ePM system.

I PM's or emailed (cant remember) Gadget and he seemed real ok at teh time. I said he wasnt going anywhere and I thought that to be true. Also said he was busy doing something and wouldnt be around for a little while.

I will email again. Errrrrrrr bummer.

I hope its all good.

Richard