True Linkswear Proto

Tate

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my TRUE Tour/Sensei and the proto looks like a blend of both.
i'm excited to feel how the new sensei sole performs on the course.

i'll likely pick 1 or 2 pairs of these in 2013 as i fill my closet with TRUEs.

[i]sidenote: [/i]
[i]did they discontinue the black/white tour for 2013?[/i]
[i](i felt like that was their signature shoe/color combo)[/i]

We will be offering the Black/White 2013 TRUE tour as a Limited Edition in 2013. A lot of our "core" consumers really like the color combo but retailers passed on it.

The 2013 TRUE tour has the same leather as the stealth and proto (just as an FYI).

Yeah - the proto is loud, at least for us, we are kind of diggin' it. :)

thanks for the clarification rob (company president posting is cool) - i'm glad the black/white (reverse saddle) hasn't gone the way of the dodo!
with the leather for the 2013 Stealth/Tour/Proto all the same, is it the "textured" look versus the smooth leather used on the Tour in previous years?

also; what shoes will ryan moore be sporting to start the 2013 pga tour season and why?

I have been wearing these shoes since I met Rob at the PGA Show, 9 pairs and counting. Only 5 in the rotation right now, have already preordered the protos, so we will see.

I have a habit of giving a pair or two away throughout the year to get some others hooked. My step dad and 4 of my friends I play with all wear trues now.

I was forced to wear a soft spiked pair of golf shoes recently due to rain/very wet ground and I could not wait to get out of those and back into my True Tours. I may never go back to soft spiked shoes even in very wet conditions and just go with Trues every time out. No comparison in my opinion. True Tours are the most comfortable pair of golf shoes one can own! I will try the protos and whatever you are doing True Linkswear, keep it up! I may have to stock up on the 2012's tour as I am not sure of the switch to the Stealth type of leather(seems heavier to me) and may turn your socks brown if it is hot outside. That may also be due to the insoles of the 2012 Stealth which are brown leather.

Great to hear the positive feedback guys - We really appreciate it. BTW - We also take - "room for improvement" feedback very seriously/beneficially as well and I have enjoyed collecting that the past couple of years to.

The tour and proto leather is the same as the 2012 Black TRUE stealth.

We experimented with 3 different stealth leathers - black, brown and white - The black and white were similar with the black being a touch heavier and the brown was a unique distressed leather not usually found in golf. The soft and supple nature of the black leather won out clearly with product testers and consumers over the season so we decided to make this our "proprietary" leather.

In terms of the TRUE tours - the original leather was pretty soft but not as durable and supple as we wanted. The 2012 tour leather was identical to another top brands "$225" leather but it did not end up being as flexible and comfortable as we wanted. So for 2013 we took our favorite leather and put it on all 3 $150+ styles. Hopefully, consumers will find all 3 to be the most ridiculously comfortable shoes they have ever worn!

On TOUR - Ryan will be wearing the TRUE proto almost exclusively because he loves the new sensei platform and the phat tab on the side. Don't be surprised if you seem him in the sensei as well if it's hot and dry - he actually wore the sensei last year in the late summer.

We will also be launching 3 LE protos in 2013 to coincide with the Masters, US Open and British Open.

While I'm rambling - the key differences between the stealth, proto and tour

- stealth - Leather liner on the inside and insole, updated styling with rivets on the eyelets and new TRUE ninja outsole
- proto - TOUR shoe with perf leather in the heel section, phat red tab and new TRUE sensei outsole
- tour - new TRUE ninja outsole and same leather as stealth/proto

- ninja outsole - increased flexibility and feel versus 2012 outsole
- sensei ousole - increased traction and stability versus 2012 outsole

Wow! Thank you much for your fine products and the detail you put into each pair and line. These feet, I call my own, really appreciate it as well. I can attest that this is the finest footwear in the whole landscape of golf. I have tried on just about every brand and played many more and by far and away, these shoes perform the best at the utmost comfort level one can have. I walk just about every round so I your shoes are put to about a 500-600 mile test in a year. Your company has passed with a grade of A plus. I hope more folks try a pair and enjoy the same results I have experienced. Just can't wait to try out a pair of the protos in brown.

[quote name='Mr TRUE' timestamp='1358216455' post='6229525']
Great to hear the positive feedback guys - We really appreciate it. BTW - We also take - "room for improvement" feedback very seriously/beneficially as well and I have enjoyed collecting that the past couple of years to.

The tour and proto leather is the same as the 2012 Black TRUE stealth.

We experimented with 3 different stealth leathers - black, brown and white - The black and white were similar with the black being a touch heavier and the brown was a unique distressed leather not usually found in golf. The soft and supple nature of the black leather won out clearly with product testers and consumers over the season so we decided to make this our "proprietary" leather.

In terms of the TRUE tours - the original leather was pretty soft but not as durable and supple as we wanted. The 2012 tour leather was identical to another top brands "$225" leather but it did not end up being as flexible and comfortable as we wanted. So for 2013 we took our favorite leather and put it on all 3 $150+ styles. Hopefully, consumers will find all 3 to be the most ridiculously comfortable shoes they have ever worn!

On TOUR - Ryan will be wearing the TRUE proto almost exclusively because he loves the new sensei platform and the phat tab on the side. Don't be surprised if you seem him in the sensei as well if it's hot and dry - he actually wore the sensei last year in the late summer.

We will also be launching 3 LE protos in 2013 to coincide with the Masters, US Open and British Open.

While I'm rambling - the key differences between the stealth, proto and tour

- stealth - Leather liner on the inside and insole, updated styling with rivets on the eyelets and new TRUE ninja outsole
- proto - TOUR shoe with perf leather in the heel section, phat red tab and new TRUE sensei outsole
- tour - new TRUE ninja outsole and same leather as stealth/proto

- ninja outsole - increased flexibility and feel versus 2012 outsole
- sensei ousole - increased traction and stability versus 2012 outsole
[/quote]

Great post Rob!

Konklifer,

Good news; their website says the proto ships with both charcoal and Kelly green laces.

Mr. True. Thank you for providing your detailed information. I will be ordering a pair of Proto to go with my PHX and Stealth'12. The only question I have is what will those Masters Editions look like??

[quote name='CaledoniaKid' timestamp='1358247298' post='6231217']
Konklifer,

Good news; their website says the proto ships with both charcoal and Kelly green laces.

Mr. True. Thank you for providing your detailed information. I will be ordering a pair of Proto to go with my PHX and Stealth'12. The only question I have is what will those Masters Editions look like??
[/quote]

Excellent.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

How about the Sensei in about a million colors and an all black water resistant version a la the material on the new balance minimus winter version????

I've owned two pairs of tours, one stealth and one phx and my feet just love to breath in the sensei they had missed the breeze so much! As long as it isn't raining, I haven't found that my feet really get any wetter than in any other pair. My killer is always the bottom of my pants getting wet and then having the water go from pant leg to sock and from sock into the shoe. Waterproofing the upper half has always been more of a rain stopper to me, not a wet grass stopper.

I love the shoes.. can't do the big red tab though. I'll stick with the less noticeable sensei.

God bless True!

Let me know if you guys have color requests in the proto and sensei and I will put them in the cauldron for 2014.

We will have a Water Resistant version of the sensei . . . in 2014 :) I wear the sensei all the time as well, especially in AZ, my feet love the breeze. Also dig them for running.

Thanks for the props on the golf bag - Designed by The Walking Golfer - Tried to keep it as minimalist but useful as possible.

mubob - Please let me know what you think of the 2013 TRUE tours. We are confident that they are the most comfortable and best performing tours ever. The leather is better than our 1st Gen and 2nd Gen and the new ninja platform is our best performing on the tour yet. Better quality, better construction, better materials, better feel, should = much better shoe! That being said - a lot of golfers love their T1s (1st gen) and we appreciate the love for 'em.