2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger slips media

fieninger

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad it's over...this make-believe streak was getting ridiculous. Not taking anything away from the victories themselves but he had already lost...more than once. Who cares where, it was still competition. I mean what's next...the streak is still alive because technically it wasn't an actual stroke play event? Please... It's over!!! and has been for awhile now. A W is a W and an L is an L...doesn't matter where, when, why or how.

...oh, and I think it was cheesy for him to duck the media. Even if he's pissed he normally shows a little more class than that.

To blame him for skipping the on course interview is ridiculous. Guy jacks a winning putt he usually makes in his sleep. Do we blame the myriads of other athletes with less pressure, less accolades and less scrutiny for doing the same?

I enjoy watching him play but I'm not a Tiger ball-washer by any stretch. But when he missed it, I was sick.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I'm just glad it's over...this make-believe streak was getting ridiculous. Not taking anything away from the victories themselves but he had already lost...more than once. Who cares where, it was still competition. I mean what's next...the streak is still alive because technically it wasn't an actual stroke play event? Please... It's over!!! and has been for awhile now. A W is a W and an L is an L...doesn't matter where, when, why or how.

...oh, and I think it was cheesy for him to duck the media. Even if he's pissed he normally shows a little more class than that.

I was a "PGA TOUR" streak he had not lost on the "PGA TOUR" so therefor it was still alive. Byron Nelson's streak was 11 "PGA TOUR" wins in consecutivly entered fashion. So yes it is a different time, but the streak was very much alive, but no longer as this was a "PGA TOUR" event. To bad he missed that putt I felt for him, still should have faced TGC interview IMO. Din't have to give a 5 minute interview, just say "I missed the putt and I lost, it's match play, that's the way it goes" and walk off the green. O well not the end of the world, not the first time someone has done it and will not be the last. Good luck to Stephen Aimes though!!!

As I posted in another thread..

As much as it is appreciated, players are not obligated to entertain individual media requests on the PGA Tour. As the tour asks of its members he did face the media at the formal press conference.

Of course he was hot after the the loss..sounds like he was more upset by the putt on the 19th hole than anything.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=41378

drinks.gif

I'm just glad it's over...this make-believe streak was getting ridiculous. Not taking anything away from the victories themselves but he had already lost...more than once.

Really? Which PGA Tour events has he not won since the 06 British Open? (besides this one, obviously)

Was it cheesy when Mickleson puked to Tiger at Doral two years ago and decided he had better things to do than talk with the media?

I dunno... may be Tiger wanted to vent and doing that with a camera in his face on national TV... might be wise to skip it... especially if the person who is interviewing him wants to push him over the edge in order to get "a reaction".

Give him a break... not like he does this all the while... the guy probably can't even go out in public without being mobbed.

I do not think any single one of us mere mortals truly understand the bubble that Tiger Woods lives in, however, in saying that I seem to remember one Greg Norman enduring one of the more degrading rounds of golf when he lost to Nick Faldo and he still fronted up to the media.

Same goes for Mr Hogan when he lost to Jack Fleck, Tom Watson when he lost to Sevy Ballasteros in The Open, Tom Watson when he lost to Scott Simpson in US PGA, they still fronted up up straight away, something about real class.

This has not gone down well in Australia.

Well done Nick, Aussies have a special something about taking down tall poppies, I will also say what a privilege it is for all of us to watch Tiger in our day and age, will be the very best there is not a doubt in my mind, he is allowed to lose occasionally though.

Just suck it up though Tiger.

Hey..he didn't want to chat...it was O'Hern's time..why steal any limelight awawy from him? Classy of Tiger :rolleyes: to say no to interview. ALl glory to O'Hern.

He had a post interview...

I doo remember Mickelson's Doral stuff.walked right past..looking all gloomy and pissed off..no interviews he snarled....grin was no where to be found...

I couldn't agree more.

The streak has been over. This was such a fabrication by the media to hype whatever Tiger's next event was going to be...

Nelson's true streak of 11 straight is an unequaled feat. When Tiger plays 11 straight and wins, nudge me. But until then, it doesn't even come close to Lord Byron.

As far as denying a post round interview----poor form. Regardless of how much money he makes; Tiger's the biggest sports star in the world right now. Playing golf under a spotlight and the responsibilities that go with that is his JOB. If you're the best at your 'job' you assume the necessary responsibilities and do the post round interview.

I'm not a Tiger hater. Heck, I love watching him play; I just think the Tiger apologists and those suckered in by the hype should open their eyes a bit. But in their defense, it's quite easy to be clouded by Tigers' greatness.

As I turned on the coverage this morning, there Tiger was, in his post round news conference from yesterday. You guys were bitching that he blew off the dumb Mark Rolfing thing at green side? HA! I figured he had to blow off the media entirely to get the reactions he's getting on here. Man, you haters will hold on to anything you can

As I turned on the coverage this morning, there Tiger was, in his post round news conference from yesterday. You guys were bitching that he blew off the dumb Mark Rolfing thing at green side? HA! I figured he had to blow off the media entirely to get the reactions he's getting on here. Man, you haters will hold on to anything you can

that's my problem with the haters..always nitpicking..can't see his greatness for what it is. Always has to be media induced..as if the guy's won one tournament on tour and is all hype...

Not a streak..because he did not play every day of the week

Not a streak because he lost in Europe

the streak was never every tournament there is on tour..IT WAS EVERY TOURNAMENT ON THE PGA TOUR THAT HE TEED IT UP IN...

In this day when there are much better players on tour compared to the War era of Nelson's run..folks can't see this for what it is...

I can only imagine if someone like Phil was as good as Tiger and had his record how the tone would be different..

More disappointing than his slipping the media on course due to disappointment was his B.S. about not seeing a ball mark. How about a lousy stroke and giving O'Hern a little credit for not folding when Tiger came "roaring" back. The ball mark crap was the first time I've ever heard him blame something like that. Wonder how many others had putts go off due to ball marks, but only Tiger mentions it. Very sad. Probably time to ream Steve for not calling it to his attention.

Everyone has a right to like and dislike [or hate ] whomever they want.But like him or not,,,if you don't have a great amount of respect for Tiger you have issues.

Hey,,he's a public figure and as the saying goes ,"He picked his axe and he has to swing it",,,but really,,,do you think he deserves criticism for not doing a live TV interview just seconds after losing a hard fought match?

He is not perfect,,but I believe he is the greatest golfer that has ever played the game.Why does that bother anyone? I don't get it.And BTW,,,I don't play any Nike equipment,drive a Buick and only use AMEX occasionally.

I respect him for the golfer he is.I respect him as a role model for others.He has EARNED that respect.