2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2 ball putter disc replacements

SCOTT4099

Does anyone know if odyssey can install new white discs on my old white hot pro 2 ball putter? I have some dings in mine and they are looking crappy...... thanks for any info

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

Are you sure they're separate parts? I assumed they're part of the mold and then just painted. I have seen some sticker-like products sold on Ebay in the past that you could put over top of them.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Strip the old paint out with Acetone, use Q-tip for larger middle areas, toothpicks for areas right next to the unpainted sections.

Use Testors enamel paint, White matte finish - - available at most hobby stores or on-line.

You could use any color you want, but the matte finish is what you're looking for.

If you have a great way of taping off the circles, use spray can.

If you aren't comfortable with taping off the circle, use a paint brush.

• Like 1

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105

TM M5 10.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X
Ping Stretch 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
Ping 410H 19* with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
Miura Bades 4-PW
Miura Wedges 51,55,59
Callaway PM 64
BB2  or one of my T.P. Mills handmade 

How about putting a line on both? I have read that black tape works well also heard a sharpie works but hard to fix should it be off center. What's the best way to add those lines? Anyone????

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105

How about putting a line on both? I have read that black tape works well also heard a sharpie works but hard to fix should it be off center. What's the best way to add those lines? Anyone????

I think the hardest part of adding a line is getting it squared up properly at a perfect 90 degree angle to the club face. One thing that has crossed my mind to use would be like car decal type tape. First you would want to make sure the surface is oil-free and clean. Then span a piece of tape across the circles at the same time making it square to the face as well. Once you get your decal line on, trim the excess off with a razor knife. Thirdly, I would want to coat the two circles with some sort of clear urethane spray so the tape would not come off. I am not sure what type of spray sealer would be the best because I'm not sure what the original circles material is made from? I have a 2006 2 ball putter that is in perfect condition yet I would like to have line up stripes on mine. I'm just not sure the best process myself.

I have been using a two ball for many years. The thin auto pin stripping material is very easy to apply and lasts well. Not even an edge of the tape has lifted. After years of service I have yet to replace one strip on my three two ball putters I have in house. I do care for my equipment so your mileage may vary.

I've applied a line to a 2 Ball in the past using a t-square to draw a pencil line, then used masking tape on either side to get line width to thickness I wanted. Then used acrylic paint.

However, I've found the Versa alignment (like the RX 2 Ball in my profile pic) to be much more effective vs a line down the middle.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I think the hardest part of adding a line is getting it squared up properly at a perfect 90 degree angle to the club face. One thing that has crossed my mind to use would be like car decal type tape. First you would want to make sure the surface is oil-free and clean. Then span a piece of tape across the circles at the same time making it square to the face as well. Once you get your decal line on, trim the excess off with a razor knife. Thirdly, I would want to coat the two circles with some sort of clear urethane spray so the tape would not come off. I am not sure what type of spray sealer would be the best because I'm not sure what the original circles material is made from? I have a 2006 2 ball putter that is in perfect condition yet I would like to have line up stripes on mine. I'm just not sure the best process myself.

I've managed to cerakote the discs at over 100 degrees without them deforming or melting. They are quite tough.

I've managed to cerakote the discs at over 100 degrees without them deforming or melting. They are quite tough.

I noticed that most of the references for this particular type of paint is to use on firearms. I have used a baked on lacquer for one of my firearms where you spray it on and then put it in the oven and bake it at 300 degrees or so. I still have some of that baked on lacquer paint and I wonder if it would work as well.

• 6 years later...
On 7/9/2023 at 11:28 PM, SpaldingBear2PW said:

Similar question- on the o-works 2ball the top is one piece of plastic with the balls inlaid but not removable- I picked this one up on the cheap because the plastic piece was broken and missing pieces. I’ve removed the remnants but can’t find a replacement. Mine, and a stock photo for reference. 

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2083.jpeg

https://www.spryevo.com/shop/odyssey-white-hot-series/odyssey-white-hot-discs/

On 7/9/2023 at 11:28 PM, SpaldingBear2PW said:

Similar question- on the o-works 2ball the top is one piece of plastic with the balls inlaid but not removable- I picked this one up on the cheap because the plastic piece was broken and missing pieces. I’ve removed the remnants but can’t find a replacement. Mine, and a stock photo for reference. 

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2083.jpeg

How was it held on? Epoxy or double stick tape?