Anyone have TM Spider Tour cover issues

jrrjrr ClubWRX Posts: 723 ClubWRX
Sorry for the bad photos

This may be my overreaction, however, my one month old Spider cover is starting to show unique wear. This putter is handled with kid gloves, not dropped, in a putter well and bag is on a CaddyTek. The black on the bottom main started first. Thought it was some kind of stain, its not. Seems to be a flack that has come off for some reason. The flap has now started wearing through showing the black whatever underneath the red.

If I am being too particular let me know. I have a feeling this process is going to more pervasive over near term time.

The putter itself has changed a crappy putter [me ] to an acceptable putter, love this thing.

Yes I am going to call TM and ask and no its not the end of the earth but..

Thanks

Comments

• sleezytsleezyt Members Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    For the price of these putters ($399 cdn) the paint does not hold up well and the covers seem to flake. Little dissapointing. Good putters though. Lack some quality.
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I never count on TM or Odyssey putter covers to last more than 1 season in the sun. For some reason the Cleveland covers last forever, but they are ugly.
  • eebombeebomb Members Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My red cover is same after 1 month. Also the insert groves on the top line is flaming off. Looks red in upper corner of groove. Love the putter but worried about it holding up
  • DWCobraJRDWCobraJR Members Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had mine a few months, I've noticed the same flaking on the cover as well. Putter finish itself looks great. OEM head covers I never expect to be the greatest long lasting products
  • Nvd13Nvd13 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Have black one and Velcro attachment on the body side came undone. Gorilla glued it as had no time to head to gg
  • ShamblesShambles Members Posts: 3,548 ✭✭
    I've reached the point where I purchase after market covers for all my clubs and use them, leaving the originals at home. For covers I see much better quality and durability in the after market than amongst the originals but preserve the originals in case of resale. Thus my bag appears the same regardless that the clubs covered change.

Shambles
  • jrrjrr ClubWRX Posts: 723 ClubWRX
    Unfortunately I am not alone then. Appreciate the feedback. I will try TM but doubt anything will happen. Now to begin the search for a putter cover that will last. JuJu can you make me one???will be my first email.
    edited Aug 31, 2017 #9
    As a follow up, TM is pretty much the opposite of Callaway for customer service. I offered to send pic of the damage, not good enough. I would have to send it back at my expense, they would make a decision as to what do. They claim they have no knowledge of any flaking issues.

Love the putter, everything else will be Callaway too old to put up with this type of effort.

Any one know of a decent source of a headcover for this thing? Not looking for a TM labeled cover. Been on Ebay and Amazon, not overly impressed.

Ju Ju can't make me one only blades.
  • bailmanbailman Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Robert Mark Golf makes amazing covers! He will do anything you want, and quality is second to none! I stopped using stock covers years ago.
    bailman wrote:

Robert Mark Golf makes amazing covers! He will do anything you want, and quality is second to none! I stopped using stock covers years ago.

Nice stuff but at $95+ not going to happen. With my luck I would lose it day 1
  • qwetzqwetz Members Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    Mine flaked probably a week or two after I got it. I play a lot though and don't really care. The insert also has started minor flaking fairly quickly. Great putter but quality control is subpar imo
    M5 Tour 9* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
    M4 Tour 15* AD-DJ 8x
    915hd 17* 2 hybrid KBS Prototype
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-8 PX 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MB 9-PW PX 6.5
    Cleveland RTX4 50/54/60
    Odyssey #7CS Versa BWB / PXG Bat Attack H / Anser Long Neck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file