PUMA IGNITE PWRADAPT Leather

rrowerrowe Launch Fuel ExpertMembers Posts: 122
Anyone with experience? Love my other Pumas but haven't seen much on the leather version of these.

Comments

• lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    I have a pair and love them.
  • firstbatchfirstbatch Members Posts: 1,061 ✭✭
    Have the leather version and the textile/fabric version of the pwradapt. The leather version is my favorite as it provides much more structure in the upper. The other one is fine and in the disc version is very comfortable. The leather version is more like the puma titan tour ignite in terms of upper structure. Fit and size are spot on to other puma golf shoes.
    King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
    Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
    Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
    Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
    Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
    Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
    Kenny Giannini G6
  • rrowerrowe Launch Fuel Expert Members Posts: 122
    firstbatch wrote:

Have the leather version and the textile/fabric version of the pwradapt. The leather version is my favorite as it provides much more structure in the upper. The other one is fine and in the disc version is very comfortable. The leather version is more like the puma titan tour ignite in terms of upper structure. Fit and size are spot on to other puma golf shoes.

I tried on the textile/fabric version and was pretty disappointed. The shoe felt very heavy and I could feel the external heel cup rubbing on my heel. Going to try and get my hands on the leather from somewhere online with free returns but I'm not holding out much hope as I can't imagine the leather version is any lighter.

I guess I should have stocked up on the BioFusions as they were one of my most comfortable shoes of any type period.
  • firstbatchfirstbatch Members Posts: 1,061 ✭✭
    If weight is a concern here are some numbers per shoe

Leather pwradpt 484g

Textile pwradapt. 466g

Puma titan tour ignite. Fowler’s shoe. 489g

Lighter weights in my stable of shoes

Puma bio cell fusion textile. 353g

Nike FI impact 2. 354g

Nike FI impact Bermuda. 351g

Virtually all my golf is walking and never thought for a minute about shoes being to heavy but back in the day all I wore were FJ classics. Ultimately fit is key and everyone’s a bit different. For me the the leather pwradapt is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve owned.
    King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
    Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
    Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
    Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
    Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
    Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
    Kenny Giannini G6
  • Geaux GatorsGeaux Gators GEAUX GATORS Members Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
    This is the most comfortable shoe ever for me.
    Ping G400 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 7X Little +
    Ping G400 16* hybrid UST Recoil ES80F4
    Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
    Ping i500 4-W Green Dot KBS Tour Stiff hard stepped 1
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne
    OnCore Elixr
  • dlarocca1dlarocca1 Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    I have them and like them a lot.
  • CorpeedoCorpeedo Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I have these shoes and agree they are very comfortable. With the unique spike design, I believe it might lead to problems as I experienced this last weekend in the middle of a tournament. The spikes became unglued from their sockets and cannot be replaced now. Contacted customer service and things are getting handled. Overall I love the shoe just wish the adhesive would have lasted longer.
    Corpeedo wrote:

I have these shoes and agree they are very comfortable. With the unique spike design, I believe it might lead to problems as I experienced this last weekend in the middle of a tournament. The spikes became unglued from their sockets and cannot be replaced now. Contacted customer service and things are getting handled. Overall I love the shoe just wish the adhesive would have lasted longer.

Yikes. Hopefully they will take care of you!

I went with the older titantour (2015?) for $60. More similar to my old boots. When the pwradapts drop in price, I'll take another look. I wasn't in love and with the price difference, I just couldn't pull the trigger.
    I bought a second pair (grey non leather) today

They are more comfortable than the Titantour, but not near as nice looking.

If they come out with a new Titantour, that feels like this.. better call my lawyer, cuz my wife may take half my stuff....
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne
    OnCore Elixr

I bought a second pair (grey non leather) today

They are more comfortable than the Titantour, but not near as nice looking.

If they come out with a new Titantour, that feels like this.. better call my lawyer, cuz my wife may take half my stuff....

Shoes came today. Probably going to order another pair. These just fit my foot. Comfort aside, these were just superior shoes to what Puma is offering these days. I get that $200 price point is a rough one but I would have gladly paid that for an updated titantour over $150 for the pwradapts.

As far as styling, I agree the titantour looks much better. I even prefer it to the titantour ignites. Those were almost too sleek. They look like they belong on the soccer field to me.

If anyone is interested, I bought these off of overstock.com. My size was less than $60 shipped after using their 15% coupon.

The ignite TT can be had online for about 60-70 on eBay and Amazon in some sizes. Super comfortable too. FYI, I actually think the leather version DOES feel a little lighter and seems to feel a little cooler too.
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne
    OnCore Elixr