MattM97's WITB: 2024 Ball Testing, Bag Prep and Training.

This first page is out of date, scroll to see my page progress as I dive deeper into this addiction of golf.

Like everyone else I'm here to share what's in my bag. I want to do a bit more as well by showing off where I'm starting as my 2020 bag isn't fully set, what I'm thinking of changing, my fitting, what I end up with and how it plays/played. I may go through more about myself but that might take away from the whole WITB theme.

My 2019 WITB before 2020 fitting:

* Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° - No Hosel Adjustment - Weight in Draw - Ping Tour 60S - GP 360 Tour Velvet Cord Midsize.

* Fairway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° - Set in Draw - Weight in Back - Tensei 65S - Trimmed tip and butt - MCC+4 Midsize

* Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Set to Flat - Alta CB 70R - MCC+4 Midsize

* Irons: 4i to 7i Srixon 585 - AMT Tour White S300 - 1/2" Length - MCC+4 Midsize8i to PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300 - 1/2" Length - MCC+4 Midsize

* Wedges: Forget which shaft, believe it's a Dynamic Gold Stiff, shafts are unbanded. - +1/2" Length - MCC+4 MidsizeCallaway Mack Daddy 3 - 51°Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 56°Ping Glide - 60°

* Ball - Various mostly X models, went back and forth between Srixon Z-Star XV and TP5X.

* Putter: Edel E-3 - 36" - 150g counter balance (50g in handle, 100g grip) - Flat Cat Tak Standard - Installed sideways for claw grip.

3XFFPJJBRZPW.jpg

5AFZL2ACZBOW.jpgWhat I plan to change:Driver: The head is staying, I love the 410 Plus from the look at address, the sound, how it controls my spin and obviously the forgiveness. I'm looking at changing out the shaft, when I did my fitting last year I did a lot and well dropping extra cash for a shaft wasn't in the cards. Luckily this stock shaft actually fit me quite well so we didn't have to worry much, but I'm going back for a fitting and testing some shafts won't take long. I'm mainly looking for something I can step on the gas more, I don't feel like I can go all out with this shaft when I'm feeling good.What will go in? Well I'll leave it mainly up to my fitter, they know more than me, I just give feedback when swinging. We know the Accra TZ5 and TZ6 are front runners but something else could perform better or the current shaft. There are a few shaft that I do want to try but who knows.Fairway: This club I have a huge love/hate relationship with, some days I can't miss and will use over the driver even if my driver is good then there are days I can hardly hit this thing especially when I need it. I need more consistency with my fairway especially especially on short par 4s and reachable par 5s. The other issue is this thing is a missile, it's low and piercing flight, great off the tee, absolutely useless into greens unless they're super soft.What will go in? I haven't tested much in store as I can't find a head and shaft setup I like so I'll wait until I'm getting fitted. I have looked at a lot at address and really like the look of the SIM, coming in behind is Maverick and ST200 line. But everything the fitter hands me will be tested and this category is the biggest mystery for me in what I'll end up with.Hybrid: Not going to sugar coat it but I don't hit hybrids well, don't like the look of most at address, I also hit my irons way better and further.What will go in? I'm thinking of ditching hybrids, I'm sure I'll test a few but I'm leaning towards a driving/utility iron. I might just go with a hollow body iron like the P790 or Cobra Forged Tech in a 3i. I have enough height with my irons I don't have to worry much about stopping power but it's more for fairway finders on tight holes I can't hit a wood on and other situations where I need to go ~210-220 in the air. I think that's good for now, I'll continue next post with what I might change in my bag, why and what I'm looking at.

Obviously I'll answer any questions or anything like that on my bag, why I'm doing what I'm doing with changing certain clubs and all that jazz. Shoot you can ask me almost anything if you want.

Edited by MattM97
  • Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

WITB Thread

An eclectic mix of work horses

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10.6* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* G Design AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* G Design AD DI 6x 

Ping G425 4h 23* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i - 7i & s55 8i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

Thanks and yeah I'm definitely not loyal to one brand. Gotta use what works best for you, I don't get paid to play clubs so I don't need to be 1 brand only.

Lefty

WITB Thread

Yeah that might help as well, the one in my bag I found on the used rack and cheap, so figured ok try it out, get a shaft later.

I can always play either a hybrid or a driving iron depending on the course I'm playing and what I'm feeling.

Lefty

WITB Thread

Lets keep this moving with the unknowns:

What I might change and why:Grips: Kind of an odd one but I think grips are a huge part of the game. I have larger hands and currently play the MCC+4 Midsize except on my driver. I feel like these are possibly too small for my hands, I feel the club turn in my hands on some shots and also I've have some issues with my right hand from my old sport. Going larger can fix the issue of feel and hand stress, I know people don't like going bigger but for my hands I consider midsize standard size.What I might go with: I've been browsing and noticed a lot of jumbo and oversized grips are super heavy and will mess with my swing weight. My current grips are 66g give or take and I can't find larger grip in that range, lighter isn't bad as I can always add tape or weight in the butt. I think I want to try the JumboMax JMX UltraLite, unfortunately because of the current COVID situation they are all out of stock and probably won't be back for a while. But this can wait, I'm not suffering and will do more research on grips. But I can do the JMX grips and an 8-16g weight in the butt and I will match my current swing weight almost bang on. Will have to get some individual grips to see which size works best for me. Wedges: I'm happy with my wedges despite being a mixed set, they work but I don't grab my 60° often so maybe new gapping or change out my 60 for something more versatile. This is very open to what I can and could do, options for days really.What I might go with: If I keep my current setup I'll most likely drop my Ping 60° and swap in a TM High Toe 60° with the ATV bounce just for more versatility. If I go for all new wedges I might go with 46° to replace my set PW, 50 or 51° and 56°. The other possibility is 48°, 52° and 58° but in reality a new wedge setup isn't cheap, mine still have good grooves, I might just pick up that High Toe 58 or 60° for the versatility on short shots that I feel I can't get with my 60. Putter: Oh boy I'm a putter ho and putting is the weakest part of my game sadly, lost my confidence last year after a set up issue with my gamer which was fixed but still that lack of confidence is on the back of my mind. I'm not going to try a new putter every round, I'm actually in the process of selling many of my putters to stop this. I'm thinking of going the route of technology. What I might go with: The for sure thing I'll try out is the LAB Golf DF2.1, my fitter has one so why not. Yes it's ugly but reading reviews lately all say it works. I do like the look of the blade a lot but I think the mallet is better now, if I get the mallet and really enjoy it I'll add the blade later on. The other option I'm thinking of getting is an armlock putter, would probably get a Sik Golf Flo-C, this is harder because testing an armlock is not often easy or possible, I might wait for Ping to release their armlock in the Heppler line and test it out in store. The armlock will wait until later in the year and if I have some spare cash to do so, it won't be cheap. And for those wondering yes I'm practicing my putting and will work on my green reading as well.

So hope whoever read this enjoys what I wrote up. Again questions on why I'm thinking of what I'm doing ask away, or comments feel free to comment.

I do have some time until my fitting as my fitters are busy but I'm in no rush, in Southern Ontario, Canada the golf season comes late and doesn't usually get good until June when everything dries up to a normal level. Also gives me more time to practice and maybe get some lessons in.

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 2 months later...

Ok bringing this back to life because courses recently opened up where I'm at, I got an email with my rescheduled fitting appointment for next week (June 7th) and I have a few wedge in the mail, bought another putter and I guess I'm probably going to get some new stuff not long after my fitting. I'm not really working at the moment so shouldn't sped right away.

Anyways for the most part my bag hasn't changed, I avoided buying new clubs as long as I could since I couldn't use them anywhere but I caved when a TP Mills Handmade came up locally and I couldn't pass on it and I'm glad I didn't. The wedges came from the CPO sale this past weekend, I mean hard to pass up 30% off wedges, I grabbed a PM2 60° as I've wanted to try a High Toe wedge and the TM ones never go one sale, also got a MD4 Raw in 56°just because the price was right, was the shaft I use and if I want to go all Callaway wedges I can.

Now for some WITB stuff, my putting last year was my worst aspect of my game besides my dispersion at times. Once the season was over I just practiced putting because I can in my basement, nothing fancy just some tips from David Edel in a fitting I had with him, basically worked my stroke tempo/acceleration, position I was in, developing a trigger and just hitting endless putts making sure the ball was rolling end over end. And I hit a ton of putts, some days probably 100+ just rolling end over end, not too worried about aim much but was always putting towards my PuttOut and was hitting it majority of the time. Well it seems to have paid off but my green reading is a bit rusty but more confidence in my stroke doesn't have me second guessing my reads as much just hitting and cleaning up if needed. Since I'm behind on the season I've been taking out 2 putters for each round playing one on the front and one on the back and seeing if anything stands out, I'm giving me Edel more chances and it has come out 2x with me and so far it's performing.

My putting stats in my first 2 rounds are.

Round 1: Very slow greens. Front 9, Edel E-3(12g weight), 14 putts. Back 9, TP Mills, 17 putts. Total putts 31, putts/hole: 1.72

Round 2: Slow Greens. Front 9, Edel E-3(6g weight) 15 putts. Back 9, SIK Tour Proto, 15 putts. Total putts 30, putts/hole: 1.67

So 2 rounds in and my putting is way better and I'm sure once I know the proper loft/lie for my putters they'll get even better and if I find something better like the Directed Force then hey I'll take that cause just means my handicap will drop, or I just don't have to worry about my putting as much.

I will post pics of the putters I've used so far this year, not sure what I'm going to play this coming weekend, either my Toulon San Diego, Miura KM-006LH or, Scotty Circa 62 #2. Feel free to chime in on what I should take out.

Lefty

WITB Thread

So here is my main gamer for now, my Edel E-3, it's a bit more worn now, paint has rubbed off in a few areas mainly the leading edge, the grip is now a Flat Cat Tak installed flat side up J.Rose style.

https://imgur.com/a/VgO1WjIMy TP Mills Handmade. I am absolutely in love with this putter, it has fueled a fire of flow necks for me, but I'm kinda looking at something else since I want a bucket cause I like stiffer shafts.

Anyways specs on this are:

Model: Trad II

Metal: Stainless

Weight: 365g

Neck: Welded Flow, 1/2 offset, toe hang is similar to a plumbers neck maybe a touch more.

Milling: Very light pretty much smooth face.

I promise to get better photos soon this putter needs it.

https://imgur.com/a/0RwkV7TNext up is my SIK Pro Tour Proto, this thing has the potential to be an insane gamer for me once I get it spec'd to me, it's a little too short and the grip is too small. This thing is cheating when it comes to get the ball rolling.

https://imgur.com/a/aCDMjee

That's all for now, I'll work on getting good pics of each of my putters soon, I'll post them when I use them, I'll get pics of when my wedges arrive and whatever I end up with after my fitting. Hopefully my swing feels nice by then to get fit properly.

Lefty

WITB Thread

The Sik putters really interest me. I wish there was a way I could hit one without buying one. They are not very accessible in my area.

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

Feel wise I'd say it's softer than the Toulon Diamond Face but firmer than the Bettinardi F.I.T face just slightly. So if you can find either you can kinda gauge where it's at but for me it's more about the roll than the feel on that.

Also putts were done with a TP5x.

Lefty

WITB Thread

Ok fitting is this coming Sunday (June 7) and was on the range this week just getting in more reps especially with my woods. So yeah for once I was that guy on the range hitting mostly boom sticks but I hit everything.

My main focus was the hybrid, I just hated it lately and was giving up on it if you've read above. With some tips people said go flatter lie and luckily with the G410 I can do that easily and man it was a game changer no more snap hooks and hard tops. So with that said hybrid is back in play and the 3i may be done.

Head wise I do have the G410 19° which is what I need for gapping and adjustment purpose. Other options would be the Titleist TS line, the PXG hybrird since price is dropped and maybe the CLK. But I have a head and if it works I might as well dump the money into a better shaft for it vs a full new club. I will need a heavier shaft for sure the AltaCB 70R is too light and a huge drop from my 4i.

My 3W is hot now but that could die off quick which happens but that Cobra F7 head is real hot and maybe a new shaft is needed. I like the adjustable hosel so things like the Maverick don't appeal much, I don't adjust my clubs but when I do I'd rather turn an adapter than bend or buy a new wood. So again maybe Ping, Titleist, PXG and Cobra but I always let the fitter tell me what is best.

So I will update after my fitting on what i end up with, I might not buy everything right away since I'm not working so may do the most important one and slowly do the rest.

Lefty

WITB Thread

Fitting had to be rescheduled to late June which kinda sucks but it's ok, more time to work on my swing.

I have in the past and wasn't a fan of it for various reason. May look at it again but not too keen on that club honestly, I want to but just something doesn't sit right with me about it.

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Ok my fitting reschedule, reschedule is this weekend. Finally get to see my putter specs, been itching for a custom. Also could be goodbye for the 3W and 3H and driver shaft.

In the mean time during quarantine bordem I added a few wedges. Thanks to the CPO Memorial Day sale I got a crazy good deal on a PM19 wedge and an MD4 raw. I'm pretty sure the lie I need bent and the loft checked. But with the PM I hit the flag once and chipped in from the rough. Still want to try the TM High Toe.

20200613-152111.jpg

20200613-152059.jpg

20200613-152022.jpg

20200613-152036.jpgOh and I may have bought/traded for a few putters. The hoe life continues.

• Like 1

Lefty

WITB Thread

Alrighty, got fit earlier this morning after my fitting was rescheduled 3 times due to COVID, better late than never but my bag is finally set at least until the winter. As mentioned above I went in for hybrid, 3W, driver shaft and putter fitting. Will run through what I hit and my thoughts, I hit my clubs first just don't want to ramble much in this post.

3 Wood

Had no idea what I wanted, the PXG was appealing on price but was informed it wasn't that good based on results, so told my fitter lets hit whatever and see what works, make his job easier. Started out with a TS2 15° a Slay 75 and within 3 shots it was done, butt section was too soft for me, the joys of testing clubs. Then it was a TS2 15° with a Accra TZ6 75, much better than mine but was ballooning a bit so loosing distance, still not good enough though. Next was a G410 LST 13° with a Tensei Orange 70, gave me similar results to the TS2 with the TZ6 but the G410 was better so more tinkering. Then it was a Mavrick 13.5° with a Fuji Pro 8X, it was nice for dispersion but ballooning too much, want lower but so far this was winning. Next up the G410 LST 13° again with an Alida 2KXV Green 75X and it was money, no ballooning with a piercing flight, better distance and dispersion as well. So we have a winner.

Old: Cobra King F7 15.5° with a Tensei Blue 60S

New: Ping G410 LST 13° with an Alida 2KXV Green 75X is ordered and "in the bag" just waiting on it to be built.

Hybrid

Seeing as I have a G410 Plus driver and now a G410 LST 3W and do own a G410 hybrid it was kinda of a no brainier to just stick with the head I have and match everything up top if it works, plus saves me a bit of money and i can go into a better shaft. Found out my bargain bin hybrid was short and super light SW so a new shaft was needed and the 70R wasn't going to cut it. First up a Tensei White 100, it was a little heavy mainly going from a 70g to 100g shaft in the same head, numbers were similar just better spin, not good enough. Next was an Accra 200H, not bad again with the ballooning so that was done. Then back to the Tensei White 100 but head turned to flat and this thing was an absolute bomb fest but dispersion was off so a possibility to be a winner but possibly a touch too heavy. Next was the Accra TZ6 85 M5 and head set flat, this was also good but I think my timing with the shaft was just off, it was going well but I couldn't time it up, we're close with a CB shaft just need to time it up so 1 more to try. Last up and my fitter was sure this was going to be the winner from my past experience with it Tensei Orange 90 and well he called his shot, got my timing down, bomber of a hybrid now, perfect spin, great ball speed, tighter deviations and dispersion. In the bag this goes.

Old: Ping G410 19° with a Alta CB 70R

New: Ping G410 19° with a Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro 90TX, shaft is ordered is will drop off my club when it comes in.

Driver

Going to be short and sweet, driver portion sucked, it always does in my fitting and the club I need the most. Yes I know I need lessons but was hard to with all going on. We tested a few shafts but nothing stood out nor worth it to spend the money. We both agreed I should just stick with the stock Ping Tour 65S shaft as it works for now, get some lessons and then come back in the fall/winter when I need wedges done cause mine will be done, well at least my 51° will be but good reason for new set.

Old: Ping G410 Plus 9° with Ping Tour 65S

New: Ping G410 Plus 9° with Ping Tour 65S

Putter

This was fast, I brought 3 putters my Edel E3 which is my gamer, my TP Mills Handmade for a flow neck option and my SIK Tour Proto for standard plumbers necks option. The Edel was good but too heavy which has been a problem, going to swap out the Flat Cat I have for something lighter, going to shop around for something. The TP Mills was great, green and blues on Quintic for face angle, attack angle, lie, and club twist so that's all we needed to know. Then tried the SIK and similar results so I can putt with standard plumbers neck or flow neck, generally like flow neck for look at address but lefty flow necks are uh rare to say the least. Got my lie angle and length as well which is what I wanted so that's good, loft will vary on the course. I also tried a LAB Golf DF2.1 but was in RH, wasn't on Quintic just putting and it was solid, much better feeling than my Edel so I might order one up if there is a nice sale or find one in my specs.

So putter nothing changes, can use anything with the right specs just need to work on my green reading.

That's it my bag is finally set, I'll snap a full WITB when all my gear arrives and that will be it until wedges will be needed in the winter. Hopefully then my driver swing is fixed after some lessons, I do plan on a few things like new grips, thinking of getting the Arccos Caddy as my fitter can track info/progression there and maybe a few custom putters as well.

Hopefully not a long read and somewhat entertaining.

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 1 month later...

Ok everything has finally arrived and I finally had a day where it wasn't raining to take photos so here is my WITB for the rest of 2020 in photos:

I apologize for the photo size in advance.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° - neutral hosel - Weight on draw. - Ping Tour 65S shaft

witb-2020-2.jpg3 Wood: Ping G410 LST - 13° - Hosel -1.5° - Aldila Green NV 2KXV 75X

witb-2020-3.jpg

witb-2020-4.jpg

Hybrid: Ping G410 19° - Hosel full flat - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90HY TX

witb-2020-5.jpg

witb-2020-6.jpg

Irons: Srixon 585 4i to 7i - 785 8i to PW - 1/2" Long - AMT Tour White S300

witb-2020-7.jpg

witb-2020-8.jpgWedges: Ok this is where it gets a little weird, I'm kinda swapping through 5 different wedges, my 51° is set but my 56° and 60° rotate a bit, more my 56° than anything else as the PM Grind I like.

Lofts are 51°, 56°, 60° and I generally stick to higher bounce due to softer Canadian conditions.

witb-2020-9.jpg

witb-2020-10.jpgPutter: I have several, I rotate through them. My favorite has been my TP Mills which I just sent back to David for some work so need to find a replacement until it gets back to me.

Full bag shot:

witb-2020-1.jpg

Lefty

WITB Thread

So that's my current WITB, I think everything is going to stay until the season is over for me which is going to probably been sooner than I'd like. Come the winter I think I'm going to change my wedge for sure to a more uniform set and also cause my 51° is starting to wear out and doesn't hold the green well at times unless super soft. Not sure what I'll get the new Cleveland's are looking real nice but I also want a high toe so might go for the TM in that spot.

Also as mentioned I would like to get into a new driver shaft once I get some more lessons and clean up my swing. Plus dealing with some nagging injuries and health issues plus losing a ton of weight will make that easier and my swing way faster too.

Any questions, comments, compliments, bad mouthing, etc feel free to ask.

Oh yeah I'm also now looking at building a second bag or one I can keep at my office or throw in my truck when I'm working. I'm looking at my options and going to start saving and buying certain pieces if I find what I like at the right price. May post that build here or in a separate thread.

Lefty

WITB Thread

Well I had a few in mind but couldn't decide what to use but my "replacement" dropped a round of 27 putts so that may be upgraded to the gamer for some time.

Also I'll post putters, I have a good amount and I'm sure people will enjoy them.

Lefty

WITB Thread

as per @cm3put asked I'm going to begin showing off some putters in my collection. Meant to do this earlier but have been busy. 

Right now my current gamer is a SIK Pro Tour Prototype. I recently had a 27 putt round with it so it's performing. I still want to get a graphite shaft in it, make it a touch taller and more comfortable grip. But it's working as it. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MattM97
Insert Photos
  • Like 3

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 3 months later...

I gotta continue this thread with more putter updates which will happen because my season is over for now. If there is a certain putter you know I have and want me to talk about first let me know. 

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 4 months later...

Said I was going to update this but forgot, to be honest been working more hours than there has been daylight. Also everything has been shut down where I'm at so no tinkering, no fittings, no simulator practice and writing this we may be going under curfew so that means golf could be delayed for me. I've gotten one round in, will get one more then probably shut down for a month or more. This season is a write off honestly. But, that doesn't mean I'm not buying putters cause that's all I can do. I did unload a bunch of my putters to fund new stuff, I had one arrive not long ago, putting payment down on another and have another one or two planned as well since I can't do anything else. So will grab some new pics this weekend and go over the other putters as well. 

Lefty

WITB Thread

This was the gamer most of last year and will be the fall back putter this year if I'm indecisive. 

34.5" TP Mills Trad II. Stainless, welded flow neck, 365g, extremely light face milling. Just a well built putter that fits my eye and love the feel and weight. 

20200613_150524-01.jpeg.f575650aa71d3b58f8dfd2a347491ee9.jpeg20200613_150431-01.jpeg.2684851def6dbbc79c227c96625c48db.jpeg20200613_150450-01.jpeg.8b31d06f8e1c6bf12a06776e63e8fabd.jpeg

• Like 1

Lefty

WITB Thread

On 8/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, MattM97 said:

as per @cm3put asked I'm going to begin showing off some putters in my collection. Meant to do this earlier but have been busy. 

Right now my current gamer is a SIK Pro Tour Prototype. I recently had a 27 putt round with it so it's performing. I still want to get a graphite shaft in it, make it a touch taller and more comfortable grip. But it's working as it. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice putter and bag overall.  Just got a custom SIK Flo today.  Excited to put it in play.  This tour edition one is awesome.  

3 minutes ago, Mox52 said:

Nice putter and bag overall.  Just got a custom SIK Flo today.  Excited to put it in play.  This tour edition one is awesome.  

Thanks the bag makes up for my so-so playing abilities lol. The SIK putters are nice and I do like this one but my preference lately has been flow and slant necks so may upgrade it next year. 

• Like 1

Lefty

WITB Thread

Just now, MattM97 said:

Thanks the bag makes up for my so-so playing abilities lol. The SIK putters are nice and I do like this one but my preference lately has been flow and slant necks so may upgrade it next year. 

The Flo I had done is Slant Neck.  Basically just got fitted for one and they did some custom paint fill.  Will be getting it out Saturday morning on the course

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mox52 said:

The Flo I had done is Slant Neck.  Basically just got fitted for one and they did some custom paint fill.  Will be getting it out Saturday morning on the course

Hope it rolls well for you, they're great putters. 

• Like 1

Lefty

WITB Thread

Got some pics of the newest putter this weekend, it's definitely a looker and on carpet it rolls great, but will have to see how it performs on the course whenever I can get out there, maybe 2022 at this rate. 

I like the look, quality, feel, shape, all that good stuff. Definitely putting this in my rotation of gamers, could it dethrone the TP Mills? Will see. It's a different feel for sure with the TP Mills basically being a smooth face and this a deeper milling.  

20210418_111820-01.jpeg.d88d2d0c6ced89076afeca804581feb4.jpeg20210418_111847-01.jpeg.2465a5b927d9acba6c89b3c819548daf.jpeg20210418_111921-01.jpeg.b0b8140309fe95aeed16f26c4a0ada59.jpeg20210418_111944-01.jpeg.5ea868c3b26d2828e511f15d8103ea28.jpeg20210418_112017-01.jpeg.d22e8c9efcde0ecc94226c79bdcd7e3f.jpeg20210418_112028-01.jpeg.da721f197ca505f5184c6cf7f706692f.jpeg20210418_111825-01.jpeg.a2cea6d303dbd46e5ea46a1f4462f93a.jpeg

• Like 4

Lefty

WITB Thread

• 1 month later...

Golf is finally back in my neck of the woods and what club changes am I making? Honestly not much this year, I planned on doing wedges but with the endless backlog that TXG will have I might as well wait until next year and just spend that cash on lessons. The only wedge that really needs replacing is my 51° but it will last this season, I'm just going to work different shots with my wedges to see what I'd want to go to for loft options. 

Now one thing I am going to toy with are balls, kinda trying to see what ball I want to be as my main gamer, obviously a ball fitting would be the easiest thing but I want to see if I can narrow it down testing/gaming a bunch. 

• Like 1

Lefty

WITB Thread

On 4/19/2021 at 5:21 PM, MattM97 said:

Got some pics of the newest putter this weekend, it's definitely a looker and on carpet it rolls great, but will have to see how it performs on the course whenever I can get out there, maybe 2022 at this rate. 

I like the look, quality, feel, shape, all that good stuff. Definitely putting this in my rotation of gamers, could it dethrone the TP Mills? Will see. It's a different feel for sure with the TP Mills basically being a smooth face and this a deeper milling.  

20210418_111820-01.jpeg.d88d2d0c6ced89076afeca804581feb4.jpeg20210418_111847-01.jpeg.2465a5b927d9acba6c89b3c819548daf.jpeg20210418_111921-01.jpeg.b0b8140309fe95aeed16f26c4a0ada59.jpeg20210418_111944-01.jpeg.5ea868c3b26d2828e511f15d8103ea28.jpeg20210418_112017-01.jpeg.d22e8c9efcde0ecc94226c79bdcd7e3f.jpeg20210418_112028-01.jpeg.da721f197ca505f5184c6cf7f706692f.jpeg20210418_111825-01.jpeg.a2cea6d303dbd46e5ea46a1f4462f93a.jpeg

That twisty flow neck is sexy. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MattM97 changed the title to MattM97's WITB: 2024 Ball Testing, Bag Prep and Training.