MattM97's WITB: 2024 Ball Testing, Bag Prep and Training.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:04 PM, MattM97 said:

Tinker time I guess, if you don't know I have massive hands and even using MCC+4 Mid with build up feel small some days. 

Took a look into some JumboMax grips, did their quizz and got a medium size, slapped it on an extra iron and took like 12 swings, I like the idea just got some pain in my lead wrist so may try a size down and see. 

But here's a difference in the 2 grips. 

20240202_082126.jpg.ed69644d96bb311b88041fe2fe66695e.jpg

Also here's the Ghost bag setup: 

1000003631-01.jpeg.af87b19b10912f3cfd8517a25442cbba.jpeg

I'm liking this bag so that's definitely a good thing. 

Sweet bag man…looks great!

I feel your pain on trying to find the right grips. Anyone with above average hands has to fight that fight.

And interesting recap on the 2024 Drivers. I’ve only seen the Qi10 and A.I. Smoke so far, and just hit the A.I. Smoke.

Can’t say I’m super excited about the Drivers this year. Will probably end up sticking with my 2023 Paradym X or 2022 Rogue ST Max, but could always be tempted if something looks like it would be a better fit for my game.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Sweet bag man…looks great!

I feel your pain on trying to find the right grips. Anyone with above average hands has to fight that fight.

And interesting recap on the 2024 Drivers. I’ve only seen the Qi10 and A.I. Smoke so far, and just hit the A.I. Smoke.

Can’t say I’m super excited about the Drivers this year. Will probably end up sticking with my 2023 Paradym X or 2022 Rogue ST Max, but could always be tempted if something looks like it would be a better fit for my game.

Thanks they're super nice bags in person and a much needed upgrade.

The grip thing still may try a few things but really not much out there, I don't mind what I have but sometimes I do get rubbing and what not which is annoying but as we know not much out there.

The drivers like mine is still good just not the shaft as I've mentioned many times, just looking for a new setup and look that's all cause playing the same stuff is boring after a while. But my thing is always performance based and my driver setup right now just isn't good at all. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

2 hours ago, MattM97 said:

The grip thing still may try a few things but really not much out there, I don't mind what I have but sometimes I do get rubbing and what not which is annoying but as we know not much out there.

The drivers like mine is still good just not the shaft as I've mentioned many times, just looking for a new setup and look that's all cause playing the same stuff is boring after a while. But my thing is always performance based and my driver setup right now just isn't good at all. 

Just swapped out all my grips from standard 8 year old callaway grips to Golf Pride CP2- mid wrap and as a fellow golfer with big hands and wrist Tendonitis, I’ve already noticed a difference just in backyard swings. Hope the jumbo grips work for you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telecaster92 said:

Just swapped out all my grips from standard 8 year old callaway grips to Golf Pride CP2- mid wrap and as a fellow golfer with big hands and wrist Tendonitis, I’ve already noticed a difference just in backyard swings. Hope the jumbo grips work for you!

Grips are something many people overlook and it can definitely be hurting their game by not looking at other options out there. 

• Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Yup. All about what works best for you and your game.

For me, the Lamkin Crossline Midsize Black is the perfect grip for me. Unfortunately it seems like it’s a lot of other peoples’ favourite too though because they’re always out of stock, Lol. 😐

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yup. All about what works best for you and your game.

For me, the Lamkin Crossline Midsize Black is the perfect grip for me. Unfortunately it seems like it’s a lot of other peoples’ favourite too though because they’re always out of stock, Lol. 😐

Now is the time to order them from GolfTown with the grip sale going on. Just need to spent $100 for that free shipping. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

10 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Now is the time to order them from GolfTown with the grip sale going on. Just need to spent $100 for that free shipping. 

Oh yeah, you know I ordered a bunch last week on the first day of the sale, Lol.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 2/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, MattM97 said:

Tinker time I guess, if you don't know I have massive hands and even using MCC+4 Mid with build up feel small some days. 

Took a look into some JumboMax grips, did their quizz and got a medium size, slapped it on an extra iron and took like 12 swings, I like the idea just got some pain in my lead wrist so may try a size down and see. 

But here's a difference in the 2 grips. 

20240202_082126.jpg.ed69644d96bb311b88041fe2fe66695e.jpg

Also here's the Ghost bag setup: 

1000003631-01.jpeg.af87b19b10912f3cfd8517a25442cbba.jpeg

I'm liking this bag so that's definitely a good thing. 

If you have hand or wrist pain try the  golfpride cp2 grip. They come in standard, mid and jumbo. I use the midsize wrap and they have been great for me. I used tour velvet midsize for years and these are much better.

Edited by CDLgolf

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

36 minutes ago, CDLgolf said:

If you have hand or wrist pain try the  golfpride cp2 grip. They come in standard, mid and jumbo. I use the midsize wrap and they have been great for me. I used tour velvet midsize for years and these are much better.

I don't like the feel of the CP2 and the wrist pain was probably from just trying the larger grip I was trying out cause once I went with my normal grips again the wrist was fine. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

Random question.

Can you tell me about the Tensei 90tx? How stiff does it play? Any other thoughts etc. Seeing one with a head for a 20 degree I've been thinking of picking up. Just need a fairway finder that goes 225-230.

Thanks.

So this shaft is actually the longest standing piece of equipment in my bag I think this is the 4th or 5th year with it, the head changed from a G410 to G425 but for me it's just extremely comfortable to me. If I ever break this shaft will be hard to replace it I think since it's not made anymore.

As for how it plays well it's stiff but not crazy stout, you can swing it easy, swing it hard just have to be a quality swing. But I can step on it if I want and get a ball out to 250 total off a low tee if I really wanted to. Just be aware if you don't already know these are counter balanced so just a hair more weight in the hands vs the head.

Lefty - WITB Thread

34 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

So this shaft is actually the longest standing piece of equipment in my bag I think this is the 4th or 5th year with it, the head changed from a G410 to G425 but for me it's just extremely comfortable to me. If I ever break this shaft will be hard to replace it I think since it's not made anymore.

As for how it plays well it's stiff but not crazy stout, you can swing it easy, swing it hard just have to be a quality swing. But I can step on it if I want and get a ball out to 250 total off a low tee if I really wanted to. Just be aware if you don't already know these are counter balanced so just a hair more weight in the hands vs the head.

I read they were CB. I have something similar in my 4 wood - attas G7. I love it. So smooth. Usually I like X in the top end, so worried it might be a little stout, but the price is right, so.

15 minutes ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

I read they were CB. I have something similar in my 4 wood - attas G7. I love it. So smooth. Usually I like X in the top end, so worried it might be a little stout, but the price is right, so.

It's definitely not stout by any mean like this isn't a Hzrdus in terms of stout. And if the price is right give it a shot. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 3 weeks later...

The season is approaching where I am and gotta get the bag 100% setup, here's my to do list: 

- Driver fitting, been working on the swing a bunch and seen much better control. After my shaft debacle with 2 snapping on me have a AD-IZ with a Titleist tip I'll swap over and toss into my Cobra since it's the same in my 3W. 

- Ping PLD shafted up with BGT Tour. 

- Find my ball for 2024, will do more testing inside, narrow it down but need to chip outside with them too. Here's my testing options:

1000003928-01.jpeg.3e1111acc2c6bd8dc986c8779be7174e.jpeg

Fun stuff:

- Got a Krank driver head and 46" shaft, will see if I can even hit that thing but will be fun. If works maybe bring out to some scrambles. 

- Rolled a Mezz.1 the other day...I might have to buy one, I was sinking 50ft putts in the store. 

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

11 hours ago, MattM97 said:

The season is approaching where I am and gotta get the bag 100% setup, here's my to do list: 

- Driver fitting, been working on the swing a bunch and seen much better control. After my shaft debacle with 2 snapping on me have a AD-IZ with a Titleist tip I'll swap over and toss into my Cobra since it's the same in my 3W. 

- Ping PLD shafted up with BGT Tour. 

- Find my ball for 2024, will do more testing inside, narrow it down but need to chip outside with them too. Here's my testing options:

1000003928-01.jpeg.3e1111acc2c6bd8dc986c8779be7174e.jpeg

Fun stuff:

- Got a Krank driver head and 46" shaft, will see if I can even hit that thing but will be fun. If works maybe bring out to some scrambles. 

- Rolled a Mezz.1 the other day...I might have to buy one, I was sinking 50ft putts in the store. 

Jeez, that’s a lot of different balls man.

Hope you have the receipts and can bring some back…I know all those definitely weren’t cheap! 😳

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

7 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Jeez, that’s a lot of different balls man.

Hope you have the receipts and can bring some back…I know all those definitely weren’t cheap! 😳

The Srixon and Titleist I had from last year, the TaylorMade balls I got from WRX as a tester so I just bought the Callaway and Bridgestone so not too bad.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

• MattM97 changed the title to MattM97's WITB: 2024 Ball Testing, Bag Prep and Training.

The season is approaching fast, did a bit more ball testing, will do some more this coming week and the next week and the next week. I'll obviously take most out onto the course since I bought them all but at a certain point I narrow it down to hopefully 3, do more extensive testing and then stock up on 1 ball.

The PLD got some mods, tossed on a BGT shaft and new grip, just doing setup drills right now and rolling putts as often as I can.

IMG_20240308_175631.jpg.8d0cedc3cda47919c9bc82065b2c96fe.jpg

Last part the driver had an extra Graphite Design AD-IZ shaft so did a tip swap and right into the driver. Hopefully doesn't feel like a wet noodle and trying to constantly fight my old shaft. Will see if permanent but some wicked drivers out there right now.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Definitely interested in which ball (or balls) makes the cut. Down to Bridgestone Tour B X, Srixon XV and maybe ProV1 X LD for me. I haven't played the left dash, but I am in search for a ball that has a fairly high flight but doesn't overly spin. Particularly with 3/4 to full wedge shots. Leaning towards the Tour B X (buy 3 get one is a nice benefit) and maybe switch to the Tour B XS (which I am playing now) later in the summer when the greens become concrete. 

1 hour ago, Ben B said:

Definitely interested in which ball (or balls) makes the cut. Down to Bridgestone Tour B X, Srixon XV and maybe ProV1 X LD for me. I haven't played the left dash, but I am in search for a ball that has a fairly high flight but doesn't overly spin. Particularly with 3/4 to full wedge shots. Leaning towards the Tour B X (buy 3 get one is a nice benefit) and maybe switch to the Tour B XS (which I am playing now) later in the summer when the greens become concrete. 

Will do I can probably expand on it now and narrow down some balls. For me my ball search might be a little odd since I'm looking for specifics but pretty broad, I hit the ball a mile high with plenty of spin. I'm not going to hunt down a ball to lower flight cause it won't matter much I just want a ball that has:

* Low driver spin which most have.

* Lower spin with irons, I'd often see balls land a club short or spin off the green depending on what I was using.

* High wedge spin, I do spin the ball a bunch but I want the ball to have control around the greens.

* Don't feel like mush, figured this is simple enough.

* What can I get the best deal on cause these ain't cheap.

With all of that said here are the initial status/rankings:

The Favorites:

Left Dash - I played this ball at the back end of last year after grabbing a box, I enjoyed them a good amount, they did basically everything above but just need more testing honestly.

Chrome Tour - I was a big fan of CSX LS and these are the newer version of them with some tweaks, this ball could stand out cause of the height being a touch lower even with it not being a major factor that could be a factor in the wind. The downfall of the CT is that it is a touch on the soft side but not awful.

TP5X - I didn't expect this ball to be here honestly but got lucky with @TaylorMade Golf asking me to test the new lineup and this ball just in the simulator is a monster on speed and distance. I will need to test this outside to see how it is with short game, I'll assume like usual TM this is a beast in the wind too.

On the Bubble/Show Your Worth:

Z-Star XV - This ball does everything I want extremely well except for wedge spin, I just have trouble spinning it around the greens and gets annoying watching a ball not check up on the greens. If I can control spin it will move up.

Tour B X - This one is interesting it spins the most out of the lower spinning balls but short game this ball is the best and feels the best. It just seems to be lacking in the woods and long irons this year, almost slower. 

Tour B RX -  While Bridgestone says this one is for slower swing speeds which I think is dumb this one actually spins less than the Tour B X. It's just a bit softer feel but will have to test outside.

ProV1 - We all know this one, it should be the baseline for everyone when ball testing. I like a lot of things it does but a few areas it could be better for me. Honestly if there was ever a "Left Dash" for the ProV1 I'd probably play that. If it's the Left Dot I ain't paying those prices.

Out of Contention:

TP5 - This ball was never in contention for me, the attributes were never for me. It's way too soft for my liking and spins way too much. Still have fun testing it and definitely and improvement over the past TP5 balls so if what I want is the opposite of someone reading this test the TP5.

Might Test:

Wilson Staff Model - The updated version they dropped the spin on cause they have an X version. I've played the last model and it was great when I could control spin but I'm not that good. Waiting for this to come to shops near me.

There is my ball rundown, I do feel like my favorites are going to run away from the rest eventually. The Srixon could make a push for me if that wedge spin I can get going. The Bridgestone will really have to impress me but I think their speed and distance might push them out of contention. The ProV1 it's good just not good enough although this I do enjoy playing it when it's cooler out but the Chrome Tour could cover that.

Lefty - WITB Thread

The Favorites:

Left Dash - I played this ball at the back end of last year after grabbing a box, I enjoyed them a good amount, they did basically everything above but just need more testing honestly.

**This seems like a Goldilocks ball for those who do not require a ton of spin around the green. Definitely need to try this one out. Just wish there were some deals on it.

Chrome Tour - I was a big fan of CSX LS and these are the newer version of them with some tweaks, this ball could stand out cause of the height being a touch lower even with it not being a major factor that could be a factor in the wind. The downfall of the CT is that it is a touch on the soft side but not awful.

**Might have the give this one a try too.....

TP5X - I didn't expect this ball to be here honestly but got lucky with @TaylorMade Golf asking me to test the new lineup and this ball just in the simulator is a monster on speed and distance. I will need to test this outside to see how it is with short game, I'll assume like usual TM this is a beast in the wind too.

**I've heard good things....Definitely waiting your testing result. 

Z-Star XV - This ball does everything I want extremely well except for wedge spin, I just have trouble spinning it around the greens and gets annoying watching a ball not check up on the greens. If I can control spin it will move up.

**Before I took my 8 years off, this was my ball. I've never had an issue with lack of greenside spin, but I haven't really tried the newest version either. I have always thought this ball was the closest ball to the original ProV1X (which I my favorite ball of all time) but with slightly less short iron and greenside spin. But I have never had an issue as I spinning the ball inside 100 yards so not much of an issue.

Is there still an issue with cover separating with this ball?? I never had that issue, but that was many previous versions ago....I also do not not swing 115+mph either. Hideki Matsuyama and Shane Lowry seems to be really enjoying this ball. 

Tour B X - This one is interesting it spins the most out of the lower spinning balls but short game this ball is the best and feels the best. It just seems to be lacking in the woods and long irons this year, almost slower. 

**Interesting about being a little lacking on woods and long irons. I am currently gaming the XS and that's my biggest concern is that my driver and long irons seem to spin a little more than I'd like and I have lost a little bit of carry. Into the wind is also a bit of an issue too. Otherwise I really like it, which is why the X might be a better fit.

Tour B RX -  While Bridgestone says this one is for slower swing speeds which I think is dumb this one actually spins less than the Tour B X. It's just a bit softer feel but will have to test outside.

**I haven't played the newest version, but the previous was one of my favorite balls. I had zero issues around the green. It was very long, had plently of spin and stopping power. The one issue was with inbetween distances when I would take a longer club and try and take some off. It seemed like spin and launch would drop and I'd get that flier. Numerous times I'd hit a shot inwhich would fly 6-10 yards further, from the middle of the fairway. It could of been a combo of the ball and the irons (which I no longer play, went back to blades) though. I might have to give this ball another go because I really did like it. 

And I agree with you on the swing speed. I almost feel that sometimes it is quite the opposite in that higher swing speeds could benefit from a slightly lower compression ball. And vice-versa. 

ProV1 - We all know this one, it should be the baseline for everyone when ball testing. I like a lot of things it does but a few areas it could be better for me. Honestly if there was ever a "Left Dash" for the ProV1 I'd probably play that. If it's the Left Dot I ain't paying those prices.

**I like the ProV1, but I am not a high ball hitter with my driver even though I hit my irons high. So I do not get as much carry with the driver. Never got a chance to play the left dot, and yeah...ain't no way on the price. 

• Like 1

Try the Srixon Z star Diamond. it spins around the greens beautifully

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

12 hours ago, ago33 said:

Try the Srixon Z star Diamond. it spins around the greens beautifully

I did but it spins too much in the air for me with irons. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 3/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, MattM97 said:

Will do I can probably expand on it now and narrow down some balls. For me my ball search might be a little odd since I'm looking for specifics but pretty broad, I hit the ball a mile high with plenty of spin. I'm not going to hunt down a ball to lower flight cause it won't matter much I just want a ball that has:

* Low driver spin which most have.

* Lower spin with irons, I'd often see balls land a club short or spin off the green depending on what I was using.

* High wedge spin, I do spin the ball a bunch but I want the ball to have control around the greens.

* Don't feel like mush, figured this is simple enough.

* What can I get the best deal on cause these ain't cheap.

With all of that said here are the initial status/rankings:

The Favorites:

Left Dash - I played this ball at the back end of last year after grabbing a box, I enjoyed them a good amount, they did basically everything above but just need more testing honestly.

Chrome Tour - I was a big fan of CSX LS and these are the newer version of them with some tweaks, this ball could stand out cause of the height being a touch lower even with it not being a major factor that could be a factor in the wind. The downfall of the CT is that it is a touch on the soft side but not awful.

TP5X - I didn't expect this ball to be here honestly but got lucky with @TaylorMade Golf asking me to test the new lineup and this ball just in the simulator is a monster on speed and distance. I will need to test this outside to see how it is with short game, I'll assume like usual TM this is a beast in the wind too.

Z-Star XV - This ball does everything I want extremely well except for wedge spin, I just have trouble spinning it around the greens and gets annoying watching a ball not check up on the greens. If I can control spin it will move up.

Tour B X - This one is interesting it spins the most out of the lower spinning balls but short game this ball is the best and feels the best. It just seems to be lacking in the woods and long irons this year, almost slower. 

Tour B RX -  While Bridgestone says this one is for slower swing speeds which I think is dumb this one actually spins less than the Tour B X. It's just a bit softer feel but will have to test outside.

ProV1 - We all know this one, it should be the baseline for everyone when ball testing. I like a lot of things it does but a few areas it could be better for me. Honestly if there was ever a "Left Dash" for the ProV1 I'd probably play that. If it's the Left Dot I ain't paying those prices.

Out of Contention:

TP5 - This ball was never in contention for me, the attributes were never for me. It's way too soft for my liking and spins way too much. Still have fun testing it and definitely and improvement over the past TP5 balls so if what I want is the opposite of someone reading this test the TP5.

Might Test:

Wilson Staff Model - The updated version they dropped the spin on cause they have an X version. I've played the last model and it was great when I could control spin but I'm not that good. Waiting for this to come to shops near me.

There is my ball rundown, I do feel like my favorites are going to run away from the rest eventually. The Srixon could make a push for me if that wedge spin I can get going. The Bridgestone will really have to impress me but I think their speed and distance might push them out of contention. The ProV1 it's good just not good enough although this I do enjoy playing it when it's cooler out but the Chrome Tour could cover that.

How is the sound with the putter on the new TP5X? I have been playing the Pro-1X, but I wish it wasn't such a hard sound with the putter. I had a similar complaint with the previous TP5X after switching to a putter with a smooth face. 

Dr: Mizuno ST-G 440, Kai'Li White 70TX
3w: TSR2 15*, HZRDUS Black 6.5 70g
3i: Mizuno Fli Hi, HZRDUS Black 6.5 80g
4i: New Level NLU-01 24*, HZRDUS Black 6.5 100g
5i-7i: Takomo 301CB, TI X100 Black Onyx
8i-PW: Takomo 301MB, TI X100 Black Onyx
51*: Mizuno T22 Raw, TI X100 Black Onyx

55*: Mizuno T22 Raw, TI S400 Black Onyx

60*: Taylormade HI-Toe 3 Tour Grind, TI S400 Black Onyx
P: Meridian Charleston Mid Slant Custom

6 minutes ago, jrdubbb said:

How is the sound with the putter on the new TP5X? I have been playing the Pro-1X, but I wish it wasn't such a hard sound with the putter. I had a similar complaint with the previous TP5X after switching to a putter with a smooth face. 

There is a slight click but it's very minimal, almost a muted click to my ears. It's not like very clicky.

I can roll it next to some ProV1X's I have and let you know I have a bunch of smooth faced putters. But some smooth face can sound solid. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

18 hours ago, jrdubbb said:

Rolled some TP5X and ProV1X and just realized you might have meant Left Dash. But the TP5X and V1X I'd say are near identical, it varies a bit on location. 

If Left Dash would be a touch firmer over these 2. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Rolled some TP5X and ProV1X and just realized you might have meant Left Dash. But the TP5X and V1X I'd say are near identical, it varies a bit on location. 

If Left Dash would be a touch firmer over these 2. 

Thanks!

Dr: Mizuno ST-G 440, Kai'Li White 70TX
3w: TSR2 15*, HZRDUS Black 6.5 70g
3i: Mizuno Fli Hi, HZRDUS Black 6.5 80g
4i: New Level NLU-01 24*, HZRDUS Black 6.5 100g
5i-7i: Takomo 301CB, TI X100 Black Onyx
8i-PW: Takomo 301MB, TI X100 Black Onyx
51*: Mizuno T22 Raw, TI X100 Black Onyx

55*: Mizuno T22 Raw, TI S400 Black Onyx

60*: Taylormade HI-Toe 3 Tour Grind, TI S400 Black Onyx
P: Meridian Charleston Mid Slant Custom

More ball testing this morning this was just between the Bridgestone Tour B X and the Callaway Chrome Tour. Not going to go too deep in depth but overall the Tour B X spun 200-400 more than the CT one most clubs which I could honestly live with but I did notice that the CT ball speed was 2-4mph faster which makes a huge difference off the tee. I could honestly live with the Tour B X but I don't think it will be a gamer. 

The Chrome Tour lives on, will see what I test next, I might just pit the CT, Left Dash and TP5X against each other right now. 

That said I have a ton of balls I probably can't get rid of so I'll just have to play them maybe count it as more testing  during the early part of my season.

Also the AD-IZ shaft in the driver is feeling so much better I'm not fighting the shaft, not chasing anything just swinging easier and it's going. Maybe not the most ideal setup but it's something until I can get fit. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 2 weeks later...

No practice session this week, got a little under the weather so no practice or ball testing this week but I kinda made my ball decision. Seems like my decision came down to Left Dash, Chrome Tour and TP5X with a few on the outside like the Tour B X and ProV1 which would require more testing but just got a dumping of snow here.

It's also when a lot of brands have their 3+1 deal for balls and can't really pass that up, unfortunately the Chrome Tour only comes with the Triple Track which I'm not a fan of so that's out, I've used the Left Dash in the past but Titleist Canada was sold out online and kinda refuse to buy from Golf Town anymore except for certain things. That left the TP5X originally TaylorMade just had the MySymbol balls on the 3+1 and I was going to do that, kinda on the fence and saw some not so great prints then saw the regular balls on TM Canada and ordered up a box.

So going to start off with the TP5X as the gamer and honestly I think it's a great choice from all the reviews and personal testing, I will test everything else I have closely once I can get outside, I also have a lot of balls to use up as well. I would have liked to test more in detail but I would have been splitting hairs and my swing just isn't consistent enough to see differences shot to shot. I do have the speed to take advantage of these ball in several aspects. But that part is done.

The last part is driver, the swing is coming around, still want to practice more before I go in to test, have a small trail hand thing I want to heal but also waiting on drivers and certain shafts to be available in the next 2 weeks so will get ready to book and go in.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread