Center shaft putter question

WKYTrooperWKYTrooper Members Posts: 189 ClubWRX
Been using a center shafted putter for a while. Love it and it just looks right. I put a 2.0 superstroke on it last year to assist with my hands not closing due to the center shaft etc. However I did not really notice any difference in my putting. Still putting fine but nothing great. Also, after a while, the SS 2.0 just seems as huge as the bigger ones.

Would sliding a pistol grip on there affect the stroke much with the center shaft stroke? Any stroke changes I need to watch for switching back to the traditional grip?
PING G400 9* Alta X
PING G25 15* Matrix Ozik Black Tie X
PING G25 20* Matrix Ozik Red TIe X
PING i20 4-PW green dot
Titleist Vokey 51*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey 7CS XG

Comments

• bargolfbargolf Members Posts: 307 ✭✭
    Hi

You might consider a grip that feels best and gives you the most control in your lead hand. An example would be a Cameron Pistolero rather than a Cameron Pistolini which is smaller at the top.
  • 95124hacker95124hacker Rare putter collection Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭
    I have 3 CS putters, each with a different grip. I don’t think there’s a particular type of grip that works best for CS heads. I think it’s all about what feels right in your hands and in your head. Some grips feel better with left hand low to me.
    ‘17 M2 “K serial” 10.5* turned down a notch, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63S
    '16 M1 3HL (17*), Fujikura Pro 70S
    King F7 2-3 (19*), Fujikura Pro 75h, S
    Epon AF-901 22*, Roddio Pentacross I-8, S
    '11 OnOff Forged 5-PW, Roddio Pentacross I-10, S
    Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 58*
    Odyssey WHP CSM 400g
    Ball: Performing validation testing of the M G S test
  • vitalesanvitalesan Members Posts: 34
    As long as I can get as much of my left hand on the grip as possible (for the finger grip I’m using) with the right comfortably overlapping, then that is the right size for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file