ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Odyssey Protype

Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,923 ClubWRX
Anyone ever had one of these refinished? I just picked up a 9 and it's got a little wear, dings mostly, but it's 350g so I figured I could have it sanded a bit and still not lose a lot of weight. Being carbon, it opens up the possibilities of finishes... just wondering if anyone has any pics of one they've had done. Great feeling putters!
Mizuno ST190G 9* Fujikura Atmos black 6s TS
Mizuno ST180 15*  Tensei Blue 60s
Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
Bridgestone J15CB 4-P DG X100
Titleist SM5 50/56
Odyssey PT2
Srixon Z Star XV

Comments

• vmanvman Advanced Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    I had a 9 copper plated about 3 years ago, it was beautiful but we instantly fell out and she moved on to another partner.
    TAYLORMADE M4 9.5*
    CALLAWAY 3 DEEP 14.5
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    SRIXON Z565 4-P
    CALLAWAY MACK DADDY FORGED 50*54*58*
    YES TRACY TOUR
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,923 ClubWRX
    vman wrote:

I had a 9 copper plated about 3 years ago, it was beautiful but we instantly fell out and she moved on to another partner.

Who did the work for you?
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • SUITSSUITS Advanced Members Posts: 911
    These are plated FYI. If it’s the silver ones. I have two of the 2-ball ones and have been wondering if I could strip them to raw.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,923 ClubWRX
    SUITS wrote:

These are plated FYI. If it's the silver ones. I have two of the 2-ball ones and have been wondering if I could strip them to raw.

Yeah, its a silver one, but I know BOS can handle it. Will look at all options but was hoping to get some feedback from some that may have already attempted work on these. Gotta be some cool possibilities...
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • SUITSSUITS Advanced Members Posts: 911
    Nixhex524 wrote:

SUITS wrote:

These are plated FYI. If it's the silver ones. I have two of the 2-ball ones and have been wondering if I could strip them to raw.

Yeah, its a silver one, but I know BOS can handle it. Will look at all options but was hoping to get some feedback from some that may have already attempted work on these. Gotta be some cool possibilities...

For sure lots of possibilities under that platings. I think these were some of the best putters for the price ever made. Lots of shape and sightlitne options. Let me know what you hear about the plating stopping