Child's Coach Attending Tournament

leezer99 ·  
leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 1621WRX Points: 914Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,621 Platinum Tees

What would your expectations be regarding your child's coach attending a rather large event they were playing in? Probably not geared towards those that are under 12-13 playing in single day events but rather in higher ranked, multi day events that are local to where your coach is.

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tiger1873tiger1873  1475WRX Points: 318Members Posts: 1,475 Platinum Tees

I really think this depends on the coach and type of tournament you are talking about.

I honestly would not expect it though unless we are talking about more then one student or a very high profile event.

Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026  1621WRX Points: 914Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,621 Platinum Tees

On -, @iteachgolf said:

It depends on situation. I’ve attended events where I have multiple players playing and had the time to block off at no charge. Just to support them and watch them play under pressure

I like this approach. You're a good man DC.

Posted:

• JuniorGolfParentJuniorGolfParent  148WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 148 Fairways

On -, @iteachgolf said:

It depends on situation. I’ve attended events where I have multiple players playing and had the time to block off at no charge. Just to support them and watch them play under pressure

That's cool!
    Are you allowed to give them advice during the competition?

Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter  3589WRX Points: 927Members Posts: 3,589 Titanium Tees

On -, @JuniorGolfParent said:

On -, @iteachgolf said:

That's cool!
    Are you allowed to give them advice during the competition?

No.

Posted:
  • thekingsollythekingsolly  193WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 193 Fairways

i saw a spectator who seemed to be some sort of coach talk to a kid between holes. He wasnt the caddie. Is that ok? Can I / should I say something? he is a 10 yr old.

Posted:
    M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Miura Tournament 50 55 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026  1621WRX Points: 914Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,621 Platinum Tees

On -, @thekingsolly said:

i saw a spectator who seemed to be some sort of coach talk to a kid between holes. He wasnt the caddie. Is that ok? Can I / should I say something? he is a 10 yr old.

You'd think a coach with a shred of integrity would just watch from afar. As far as saying something, it's a little late now but I would have definitely asked the parent about it.

Posted:

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter  3589WRX Points: 927Members Posts: 3,589 Titanium Tees

Every Junior Golf Parent thinks they are a coach.

Posted:
  • tiger1873tiger1873  1475WRX Points: 318Members Posts: 1,475 Platinum Tees

Depend on the tournament and if caddies are allowed. If they're not allowed yes you should said something. If caddies are allowed then it is a judgement call in my opinion.

Posted:
  • thekingsollythekingsolly  193WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 193 Fairways

this was not the caddie giving advice, just some spectator that had come over to see the kid play.

Posted:
    M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Miura Tournament 50 55 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 Austin 6623WRX Points: 1,114Handicap: 8.7Members Posts: 6,623 Titanium Tees

The NCAA allows "advice givers" but they have to be named. Maybe this tournament does the same thing.
    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/golf/d1/men/2018-19D1MGO_Advice.pdf

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.