Child's Coach Attending Tournament

leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day...Members Posts: 963 ✭✭

What would your expectations be regarding your child's coach attending a rather large event they were playing in? Probably not geared towards those that are under 12-13 playing in single day events but rather in higher ranked, multi day events that are local to where your coach is.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Comments

• TigerMomTigerMom Posts: 222 ✭✭

How much do they charge?
    In my experience for other sports where the coach is attending a tournament and just watching it can be quite expensive for them to just be observing and giving expert advice.
    If the coach is carrying the bag and doing full caddie duties that may make more sense.
    Of course it all depends on how much $ matters.

• iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,591 ✭✭

It depends on situation. I’ve attended events where I have multiple players playing and had the time to block off at no charge. Just to support them and watch them play under pressure

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

I really think this depends on the coach and type of tournament you are talking about.

I honestly would not expect it though unless we are talking about more then one student or a very high profile event.

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 963 ✭✭

@iteachgolf said:
    It depends on situation. I’ve attended events where I have multiple players playing and had the time to block off at no charge. Just to support them and watch them play under pressure

I like this approach. You're a good man DC.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• JuniorGolfParentJuniorGolfParent Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

@iteachgolf said:

That's cool!
    Are you allowed to give them advice during the competition?

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,003 ✭✭

@JuniorGolfParent said:

@iteachgolf said:

That's cool!
    Are you allowed to give them advice during the competition?

No.