GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Mitshubishi Rayon 'Ahina 63X (tp Shaft)??

Miles ·  
MilesMiles Members  103WRX Points: 46Posts: 103 Fairways

Hi all,
Searched but couldn't find any answers, also contacted Mitsi direct but no response. Can anyone help with identifying this shaft as the weight seems off to the usual convention:
Real deal D series whiteboards/blue's etc ended in 3's, real deal 'Ahina's/Kai'li ended in 0's. But I don't believe they made an 63 'Ahina. If it's a tp shaft it should be real but with TM graphics. It's also not in the R11 catalogue but is marked r11. So do you think its a 60 Ahina or a 63 Whiteboard?

Thanks in advance,
Miles

Posted:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3704WRX Points: 1,721Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,704 Titanium Tees

"D63X" Would suggest Whiteboard, but we've also seen weight classifications change arbitrarily outside of the "made for" vs "aftermarket" debate. Maybe give Mitsubishi a call and talk to the tech department? Jordan over there is super helpful.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MilesMiles Members  103WRX Points: 46Posts: 103 Fairways

Thanks Valtiel, that was my guess too as the WTB on the second pic hints to that also. My Blueboard serial looks similar in style...

Posted:
  • BookerBooker Members  810WRX Points: 107Posts: 810 Golden Tee

Ive got one of sergio's shafts from his r11 days. Same paint scheme and the paint says Kai li 103x its actually a blueboard. I also have one of his driver shafts thats labelled 70x ahina and has wb 100x stamped in the graphite actual weight is 105. Most likely a tour issued model painted to look like a certain shaft.

Posted:

Thanks Booker, a 105g driver shaft, Christ!!
    Nice info, so I'm going to treat it as a real deal WB 63X. I have a real D series WB 73x so I should be able to test this through feel, although my original plan was to see which profile WB/'ahina I liked the best as they are subtly different. Quite chuffed I grabbed it though as I paid less than £3 for it!!

Thanks Guys

Posted:
  • BookerBooker Members  810WRX Points: 107Posts: 810 Golden Tee

You can get those old taylormade tour issued shafts cheap that have been painted to look stock. I am yet to find another whiteboard 100x at a playing length of 45. I don't know of anyone who would play a driver that heavy at that length it did have a 30g counter weight stuck in the end of the shaft.

Posted:

Grrr, Duplicate post. See below

Posted:
    Post edited by Miles on

Advertisement

So I solved it by searching for uncut 'ahinas and Whiteboards on eBay for the serials. Here they are:

Whiteboard63x

'ahina 70x

and finally another 'ahina tp, this time a 73x

Notice the MX059 near the butt - this leads me to believe that all Taylormade Tp 'ahina's that end in 3's are actually whiteboards as the serials don't match the 'ahina range. So mine is a Whiteboard 63X for sure!

Cheers all

Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3704WRX Points: 1,721Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,704 Titanium Tees

Yeah I agree with

On -, @Booker, it is not at all uncommon for staffers to play an older shaft painted to either look like a new one or have current "retail" graphics. Fujikura did/does this a ton as well.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25273WRX Points: 1,755Posts: 25,273 Titanium Tees

MRC has a rep here in the forum

On -, @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL - if they don't chime in, you could try a PM.
    Posted:
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Sponsors  162WRX Points: 213Posts: 162 Fairways

Hi All!

On -, @Miles - This is an Original "D Series" 63X.

Your research was very well done!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Team MCA

Posted:

Thanks for the confirmation and for making great shafts!! I have more than a few! B)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Sponsors  162WRX Points: 213Posts: 162 Fairways

On -, @Miles - Where did you originally reach out to us with no response? We're always striving to improve our communication with end consumers. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Posted:

Hello, I used the contact form on the website. Thanks again,

Miles

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.