My annual Wisconsin trip is set

zer0zer0 Members Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Every year I do a 4 person golf trip, usually to Wisconsin. 1 buddy from South bend and 2 from Orlando. Same 2v2 teams every year with a trophy. Play for meals after every round as well. Here is this year's itinerary....

Wednesday 9/4: Drive up from South Bend and Chicago, pick up friend at Milwaukee airport. Afternoon round at Brown Deer. Dinner in Milwaukee and then pick up last friend at airport. Drive to Wisconsin Rapids.

Thursday 9/5: Sand Valley 8:20, Sandbox 2:18. Drive to Stevens Point for overnight stay.

Friday 9/6: 8:00 first tee time of the day at Sentry World. 2:45 tee time for 27 hole scramble at Mascoutin.

Saturday 9/7: 6:40 tee time at Lawsonia Woodlands, 12:20 tee time at Lawsonia Links followed by continuous play on the Links till sundown.

Sunday 9/8: 9:30 tee time at Washington County on the way to the airport.

We were gonna do U Ridge on Sunday, but it's closed for a college event.

Comments

• PhreddyPhreddy Members Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I call BS! Two rounds at The Holy Shrine of Lawsonia and six and a half off campus? Never happen.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • zer0zer0 Members Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Phreddy said:
    I call BS! Two rounds at The Holy Shrine of Lawsonia and six and a half off campus? Never happen.

Phred

Hey if it was up to me we would just stay in Green Lake and play Lawsonia every day, but my buddies like a little variety. We do always plan for one full day at the Shrine and, being a member, they give my buddies a really sweet deal on the play all day plan.

But we will get in more than 2 rounds at The Holy Shrine...one year we got in 54 holes.

• mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ever play Whistling Straits? Should check it out...top notch! 😉

• zer0zer0 Members Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mci711 said:

I'm gonna play Straits and show up with my bag and also a wheel barrel full of sand in case I need to improve any green side bunkers. Some guys repair ball marks on the green, I'm gonna go around filling up bunkers.

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,805 ClubWRX

@zer0 said:

@mci711 said:

I'm gonna play Straits and show up with my bag and also a wheel barrel full of sand in case I need to improve any green side bunkers. Some guys repair ball marks on the green, I'm gonna go around filling up bunkers.

That was a classic post...

• ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2019 2:27pm #7

Fantastic trip! Enjoy it!
    I suspect you will be going point A to B, but if time permits a quick stop at Central Waters would be fun. Their barrel aged beers are quite good! Half pours are an option, maybe a crowler for the road😉

Post edited by ode1 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file