GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

My annual Wisconsin trip is set

zer0 ·  
zer0zer0 Members  1591WRX Points: 226Posts: 1,591 Platinum Tees

Every year I do a 4 person golf trip, usually to Wisconsin. 1 buddy from South bend and 2 from Orlando. Same 2v2 teams every year with a trophy. Play for meals after every round as well. Here is this year's itinerary....

Wednesday 9/4: Drive up from South Bend and Chicago, pick up friend at Milwaukee airport. Afternoon round at Brown Deer. Dinner in Milwaukee and then pick up last friend at airport. Drive to Wisconsin Rapids.

Thursday 9/5: Sand Valley 8:20, Sandbox 2:18. Drive to Stevens Point for overnight stay.

Friday 9/6: 8:00 first tee time of the day at Sentry World. 2:45 tee time for 27 hole scramble at Mascoutin.

Saturday 9/7: 6:40 tee time at Lawsonia Woodlands, 12:20 tee time at Lawsonia Links followed by continuous play on the Links till sundown.

Sunday 9/8: 9:30 tee time at Washington County on the way to the airport.

We were gonna do U Ridge on Sunday, but it's closed for a college event.

Posted:

Comments

• PhreddyPhreddy Members  740WRX Points: 276Posts: 740 Golden Tee

I call BS! Two rounds at The Holy Shrine of Lawsonia and six and a half off campus? Never happen.

Phred

Posted:
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • zer0zer0 Members  1591WRX Points: 226Posts: 1,591 Platinum Tees

On -, @Phreddy said:

I call BS! Two rounds at The Holy Shrine of Lawsonia and six and a half off campus? Never happen.

Phred

Hey if it was up to me we would just stay in Green Lake and play Lawsonia every day, but my buddies like a little variety. We do always plan for one full day at the Shrine and, being a member, they give my buddies a really sweet deal on the play all day plan.

But we will get in more than 2 rounds at The Holy Shrine...one year we got in 54 holes.

Posted:
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1685WRX Points: 674Posts: 1,685 Platinum Tees

Ever play Whistling Straits? Should check it out...top notch! 😉

Posted:

On -, @mci711 said:

I'm gonna play Straits and show up with my bag and also a wheel barrel full of sand in case I need to improve any green side bunkers. Some guys repair ball marks on the green, I'm gonna go around filling up bunkers.

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25475WRX Points: 2,681Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,475 ClubWRX

On -, @zer0 said:

On -, @mci711 said:

I'm gonna play Straits and show up with my bag and also a wheel barrel full of sand in case I need to improve any green side bunkers. Some guys repair ball marks on the green, I'm gonna go around filling up bunkers.

That was a classic post...

Posted:
  • ode1ode1 Members  3141WRX Points: 256Posts: 3,141 Titanium Tees

Fantastic trip! Enjoy it!
    I suspect you will be going point A to B, but if time permits a quick stop at Central Waters would be fun. Their barrel aged beers are quite good! Half pours are an option, maybe a crowler for the road😉

Posted:
    Post edited by ode1 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

my trip took an unexpected hit. My partner had to bail. His wife's cancer went from little c to big C very quickly and now is in stage 4. we're still going as as 3 some, but definitely not gonna have the same vibe and enjoyment as other years, but we're gonna try and make the best of it.

Posted:

Just when you think your golf trip can't take any more setbacks, my other 2 buddies are supposed to come up from Orlando next Wednesday. The day before Orlando is scheduled to get hit by Hurricane Dorian, maybe the biggest to hit Florida in 30 years.

This could end up being a golf trip for 1.

Posted:
  • ode1ode1 Members  3141WRX Points: 256Posts: 3,141 Titanium Tees

That's awesome. Too bad re Wash Co., But I would not give up on it and yes the greens get a lot of play and if it's soft, can be quite beat up. Still a fun course to play! Can't wait to get back to SV this fall 🤞. Possibly Lawsonia this Friday, we shall see!

Posted:
    Post edited by ode1 on
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  977WRX Points: 359Handicap: 12Posts: 977 ClubWRX

Sounds like a great trip! Going to be planning some in-state trips next season with some buddies

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.