Tour AD DI In driver - what to put in driving iron?

WanLefty ·  
WanLeftyWanLefty Members  506WRX Points: 87Posts: 506 Golden Tee

Howdy all,

Did a driver fitting and settled on the Tour AD DI 6X being a great fit for my driver. Speed was about 110 and I seemed to respond well to the handle section being stiffer.

Naturally I'd like to tinker with my U500 which currently has a Smoke 6.5 (95g) in it - which is ok but I'm far from in love with it...

I'd love some options and feedback on what might suit from others that have experimented - my initial thoughts are something like a Tour AD 95/105? But know they can vary profilewise quite a bit?

A little extra height would be welcomed - Anyway let's see some options.

Posted:

Comments

• PoolpartyPoolparty Members  626WRX Points: 119Posts: 626 Golden Tee

Hard to go wrong w the AD, but there should be many shafts w better fitting profiles than the Smoke.

Posted:
    Stiff
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13551WRX Points: 2,421Handicap: 1.6Posts: 13,551 Titanium Tees

Ad di 95x

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* VTS Red 100Hx
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6 - PW UST 95 Recoil
    Ping Glide SS 50* & 54* wrx 110 Recoil
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil 
    Piretti Matera Elite 

• robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Las VegasMembers  2205WRX Points: 115Handicap: 6.3Posts: 2,205 Platinum Tees

Don’t get the Tour AD Driving Iron. It is trash. I played the DI in my driver but recently got better numbers with my BB so went that route, still have my DI 7x in my 3w and I smoke it.

I played the AD 95x in my driving iron for a year or so and just couldn’t hit it for squat. Unstable, felt like a noodle, super inconsistent. I hated it. Recently got fit at Club Champion for a KBS Hybrid Tour Prototype 85s and it feels so good man.

Posted:
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • WanLeftyWanLefty Members  506WRX Points: 87Posts: 506 Golden Tee

Thanks for the feedback!

I had some reservations about the DI being a little wild - I like the KBS suggestion also.

I'm also considering the Oban hybrid stuff..

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.