Studio Style insert Removal

50jay ·  
50jay50jay J Lambert IG: @teammorebirdiesMembers  607WRX Points: 95Handicap: 2Posts: 607 Golden Tee
help
Hey Guys, I want to remove my studio style's insert but even after removing the 2 screws AND the elastomer, it still doesn't come off!! Is there any tricks to get it off??

Jay
Posted:

Comments

• wildwilly911wildwilly911 Members  2750WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,750
    the elastomer is still hold it from the under side. take a small punch and push on it threw the screw holes, it should come out then. if no a little heat will break the bond
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 50jay50jay J Lambert IG: @teammorebirdies Members  607WRX Points: 95Handicap: 2Posts: 607 Golden Tee
    would acetone make the bond melt???

and how much heat is required??

Jay
    Posted:
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad  3071WRX Points: 151Posts: 3,071 Titanium Tees
    I would be careful playing with that, there was a horror story on here a few years ago after someone did. You can't put the elastometer back, and if you re-tighten the screws too much it will warp the insert.
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    50jay wrote on Jan 19 2009, 08:29 PM:
    would acetone make the bond melt???

and how much heat is required??

Jay

Acetone should melt or loosen the elastomer. That's how the Cameron custom shop removes it.
    Posted:
  • wildwilly911wildwilly911 Members  2750WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,750
    it might work if it will get under the insert, you should be able to push it out. it doesnt take alot of heat
    Posted:
  • 50jay50jay J Lambert IG: @teammorebirdies Members  607WRX Points: 95Handicap: 2Posts: 607 Golden Tee
    I know I can't put the "original" elastomer back, but I already asked on here and i was told to use bath caulk(sp) to make the bond... So far I removed the screws and the elastomer around the insert, but it's still stuck in the cavity! I'll try head because acetone didn't do anything...

Jay

PS is there anything else I should know before I put the heat on the head??
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
    I removed the insert and torched the head! now I nned to know what is the best way to put the caulk BEHIND the insert. I saw a sticky thing that held the insert, it looked like glue, so should I put some glue in there or only bath caulk?? and any advices on hoe to apply it evenly to ensure the insert sits flush with the rest of the putter face???

thanks for all your answers! I can't say how much I appreciate all of them!

Jay
    Posted:
    And for those who might be interested, I'll post pics soon!! but I still need to figure out how to put the insert back in and I want the job to be well done so that's why I ask you guys, since you're the best!!

Jay
    Posted:
  • BRaway1BRaway1 Members  153WRX Points: 0Posts: 153
    Oohhh!

Very interested in this....can't wait for pics!
    Posted:
    I just got Caulk from Home Depot, I'll put the insert back in tonight!! do you guys know how much time it has to dry before it's ready to play??

Jay
    Posted:
    here's the finished result:

Chromatic Bronze Studio Style

Thanks for looking

Jay
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.