Should your bag match irons, woods or nothing?

Need a new bag (stand). Currently have Callaway irons and Taylor Made woods in a Callaway bag Is there some tradition that the bag brand usually fits the brand of irons, woods or whatever brand you have the most of?

Comments

• Tmiller72Tmiller72 Members Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not at all. Just buy the bag you like the best for you.
  • MMIXMMIX Members Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I used to have a Titleist premium bag stand... and it matched my driver, wood, and AP2's wonderfully, HOWEVER, the bag didn't fit on a cart (had to put it in sideways), was heavier than most, etc...

I just picked up a Sun Mountain FOUR 5. The 14 individual slots are awesome. The bag weighs a little over 4 lbs and is super light.

So back to the "matching" thing... I used to like to match, but now it's all about comfort and bag aesthetics.

So my friend, I guess it's up to you and your personal preference! good.gif
  • heisagoalieheisagoalie Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    if you get Ogio or Sun Mountain, you never have to worry! Otherwise, woods or irons it doesn't matter, whatever you will keep the longest, or change the least!
  • ThaddyThaddy Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    DEEMO wrote on 21 March 2010 - 09:41 PM:

Well I used to have a Titleist premium bag stand... and it matched my driver, wood, and AP2's wonderfully, HOWEVER, the bag didn't fit on a cart (had to put it in sideways), was heavier than most, etc...

I just picked up a Sun Mountain FOUR 5. The 14 individual slots are awesome. The bag weighs a little over 4 lbs and is super light.

So back to the "matching" thing... I used to like to match, but now it's all about comfort and bag aesthetics.

FYI, but you just replaced your Titleist bag with another that won't fit on a cart image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
  • redlabelredlabel Members Posts: 303
    This thread is kind of silly. I'm wondering if the OP has issues with needing approval from others.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"People in a hurry, shouldn't play golf"[/font]

Ping G400 9.5
    Ping G400 3, 5 Woods
    Ping G400 3, 4 Hybrids
    Mizuno JPX 850 4 - PW, G, SW

Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black
    Bat Caddy X4r
    Thaddy wrote on 21 March 2010 - 06:55 PM:

FYI, but you just replaced your Titleist bag with another that won't fit on a cart image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I didn't know the Four 5 and Titleist Premium were the exact same dimensions...

Well at least my clubs won't be clumped together and out of place, etc. like the Titleist and Ogio bag I had image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • FisherFisher Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    DEEMO wrote on 22 March 2010 - 12:35 AM:

Well at least my clubs won't be clumped together and out of place, etc. like the Titleist and Ogio bag I had image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm pretty sure that Sun Mountain makes Titleist bags. Could be wrong but they all seem to be the same dimensions and aesthetically similar in almost every aspect.
  • armydiverarmydiver Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    redlabel wrote on 21 March 2010 - 06:22 PM:

This thread is kind of silly. I'm wondering if the OP has issues with needing approval from others.

I will come to OPs defense (though he didnt ask me too) This post was in a fashion/style forum. Since style is purely subjective, I believe he is simply wanting to know others views on the subject. It makes sense to me. Cheers.
  • EnglishBobEnglishBob Captain Hack and Slash! Members Posts: 803
    The only thing my bag matches is my cart and my glove (Bag Boy). That said I will choose functionality over brand where a bag is concerned.
  • againstkyleagainstkyle Members Posts: 211
    I personally went w/ the Ogio Ozone in stealth to keep it relatively simple and brand-less. But rock what you like best!
  • ThaddyThaddy Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    Fisher wrote on 22 March 2010 - 01:23 PM:

DEEMO wrote on 22 March 2010 - 12:35 AM:

I'm pretty sure that Sun Mountain makes Titleist bags. Could be wrong but they all seem to be the same dimensions and aesthetically similar in almost every aspect.

They do, from what I can tell they're exactly the same.

None of my clubs match my bags, however my bag matches my bag. After having good luck with the Ogio Grom, I purchased an Ogio Synchro cart bag for when I'm riding. It's even the same colors as my Grom image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    They match except for the 14 individual club slots... correct?

I knew SM made the Titleist premium stand bag, but again, was not sure they were exactly the same (minus the club slots).
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Callaway Birdies for the Brave cart bag. The only Callaway club in my bag is the X-Forged Vintage wedge. I bought the bag because of the cause it supports. I could care less if it matches my clubs. It doesn't have any big logos on it anyway that I can think of.
  • 865golf865golf Members Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Nike driver, Adams hybrids, Titleist irons, Cameron putter and a Ping K56 walking bag (best walking bag I've ever had) - I use what works for me and don't pay any attention to the brand.
  • Ace In The HoleAce In The Hole What blocks growth is ignorance. Members Posts: 1,562
    I personally have been on the hunt and have just ordered a plain black bag with no logo what so ever, I want the most unassuming thing one could find, for me it was the Bag Boy Tri-lok, zero logo's, I'm not being paid to advertise and I don't care for the looks of a huge logo on my gear!!
  • shorrrnoshorrrno Members Posts: 547
    i had a mizuno stand bag with no mizuno clubs and i traded it with a golfing buddy for a taylormade stand bag coz i hada burner driver and r9 3 wood.

next week i sold my taylormade driver and got a nike...

i think we alll ho too much to keep a bag locked in.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade RBZ 10.5°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade Burner 3W 15°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Sumo² 3H 21°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist AP1 710 4-P [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52°/56°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wilson Staff TW7 60°[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Odyssey Versa #9[/font]
  • joeykentjoeykent Members Posts: 195
    Ping Hoofer, all Titleist clubs. Ping just makes the best stand bag period.
  • amerza18amerza18 amerza18 Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    armydiver wrote on 22 March 2010 - 01:06 PM:

redlabel wrote on 21 March 2010 - 06:22 PM:

I will come to OPs defense (though he didnt ask me too) This post was in a fashion/style forum. Since style is purely subjective, I believe he is simply wanting to know others views on the subject. It makes sense to me. Cheers.

+1, the OP brings up an interesting topic, Personally, I used to change my woods every season or 2. The one thing that I don't change too often are my irons. I definitely won't change my iron brand, so I puchased a Mizuno bag. That's how I made my choice.
  • richardtrichardt J2 Members Posts: 159
    lol, mine totally matches...or at least the color scheme. (check my sig).

Sun Mountain typically makes Titleist bags, so i guess the brand matches too lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file