Urethane version of an e6?

Conman48Conman48 Members Posts: 198
Played this for the first time yesterday and I really was incredibly straight! Is there a softer cover of this ball available with the straight flight?

Comments

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,888 ✭✭
    It is called the E5.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway GBB Alpha 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Gw/Sw/Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • Conman48Conman48 Members Posts: 198
    E5 is a 2-piece ball and the e6 says its the mantle that keeps it straight.
  • SpenceT47SpenceT47 Members Posts: 106
    The E6 is very low spin, which is where the straight flight comes from. The B-330 RX is also very low spin, with more greenside check than the E6.
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,888 ✭✭
    Conman48 wrote:

Didn't say it was exact. OP asked for urethane, and I think E5 is as close as it gets in that range, except perhaps one of the new Maxfli offerings.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway GBB Alpha 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Gw/Sw/Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,379 ✭✭

Conman48 wrote:

Didn't say it was exact. OP asked for urethane, and I think E5 is as close as it gets in that range, except perhaps one of the new Maxfli offerings.

The new Maxfli U2 or even U3 does not play like the E6. The U2 and U3 feel rock hard and are shorter off the tee.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • slbpsi63slbpsi63 Members Posts: 288
    PZero wrote:

Conman48 wrote:

The new Maxfli U2 or even U3 does not play like the E6. The U2 and U3 feel rock hard and are shorter off the tee.

I think he means price point, not ball characteristics. the OP is looking for an e6 with a urathane cover, so I would say the rx is the closest fit to that as was originally stated.
  • storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,767 ✭✭
    As stated above, the e5 is a two piece with way higher compression than the e6 so they are not even close. The B330-RXS would probably be the closest to what the OP is looking for (similar construction and compression with a softer, urethane cover). Keep in mind that increased spin on shorter shots generally means increased spin off the tee (no real way around it).
  • orangebangorangebang So CalMembers Posts: 841 ✭✭
    The e5 balloons on me. I played the e6 for a year. I've been playing the RX-S for the past 8 months.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*
    No 3 wood currently
    Ping G10 21* 7 wood
    Cobra Baffler XL 5H
    Ping i e1 irons 6-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 54.14F 58.12K DG S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
    Seamus Snowtrooper Fescue Sunday Bag
  • rhyno18rhyno18 Members Posts: 326
    PZero wrote:

Conman48 wrote:

No experience with the U/2, but for me the U/3 is just as long or longer as every other $25/dozen ball. I've heard several people say it was shorter, but it isn't for me. YMMV
  • Smokey227Smokey227 Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    edited Apr 9, 2012 #11
    Conman48 wrote:

Played this for the first time yesterday and I really was incredibly straight! Is there a softer cover of this ball available with the straight flight?

Try the new Penta TP3. It feels very similar to the E6 off the tee, and spins a lot more around the greens. My initial reaction, which I posted in another thread, was that it felt like an E6 that I could actually make stop.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Speeder TS 6.3
    Ping G400 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
    Ping G400 22* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 100
    TaylorMade P790 4-U KBS Tour
    Ping Gilde 2.0 Stealth 54 SS
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES
    Byron Morgan DH89 Longneck 
  • golfiestgolfiest Members Posts: 14
    Srixion Z-Star XV this is what I will be replacing the e6 with, give it a try, straight of the tee and stops well on greens.

haven't tried the TP3 but I heard it is similar to the TP Black whcih I found very similar to e6 even longer off the tee at least for me.

The only issue I had with the TP Black was putting, for me the e6 was the best ball I putt with, very predictable speed control and breaks with the putter.
    Yeah I've tried the XV and I was just so so with it my club has those for range balls do I snagged a few of those but I've always played Nike tour d and I just loved how far the e6 flies
  • benforeaglebenforeagle Members Posts: 91
    [/quote]

I think he means price point, not ball characteristics. the OP is looking for an e6 with a urathane cover, so I would say the rx is the closest fit to that as was originally stated.

[/quote]

Are you saying the RX is in the same price range as the e6? That would be cool...where are you buying them?
  • benforeaglebenforeagle Members Posts: 91
    Conman48 wrote:

Yeah I've tried the XV and I was just so so with it my club has those for range balls do I snagged a few of those but I've always played Nike tour d and I just loved how far the e6 flies

Do you like the E6 more than your tour D's? I won about 6 dozen Tour D's and don't know if I want to play them or sell them. I have always played some type of bridgestone ball.

What is your Favorite attribute of your Tour D?

Conman48 wrote:

Do you like the E6 more than your tour D's? I won about 6 dozen Tour D's and don't know if I want to play them or sell them. I have always played some type of bridgestone ball.

What is your Favorite attribute of your Tour D?

I just like the feel and overall playability of the ball I find it the closest ball to the tp red personally it flies great and stops very well