iPing app not working with iPhone 5

Is anyone else having issues with the iPing putting app on the iPhone 5? I'm having a bunch of trouble getting the putts to register in the software. It'll register and measure 3-4 putts then it won't measure/register the next 3-4 and then it'll start picking up the putting strikes again. The app was working fine on my iPhone 4 before I upgraded this week. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭
    Iphone 6 will be out next week and will be compatible.
  • typhoonoidtyphoonoid Members Posts: 866 ✭✭
    is there a new ping cradle?
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,208 ✭✭
    Like most apps, I would think you need to wait for an update that is iPhone 5 / iOS 6 compatible. Over the past week I have had a lot of app updates just for that purpose. You might want to call Ping Customer Support to see if they have an estimate when an update will be available.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭
    Haven't had too many problems with it, but then again I didn't have an iPhone 4/4s to use it on to compare to either. The 5 fits fine in the cradle, just a bit taller but width and depth appear to be the same. I would say about 7 out of every 10 putts register, which isn't perfect but not too much of a bother either.
  • mizuno8mizuno8 Members Posts: 138
    typhoonoid wrote:

Recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a HTC.

Do you need the cradle for the app to work properly?
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,757 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 19, 2012 #7
    mizuno8 wrote:

typhoonoid wrote:

Recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a HTC.

Do you need the cradle for the app to work properly?
    Yes, you need to cradle to hold the IPhone to the putter shaft. Not sure if there is a cradle for Iphone 5. Is it the same size as the 4?

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • Duff09Duff09 Members Posts: 1
    jhoffman27 wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with the iPing putting app on the iPhone 5? I'm having a bunch of trouble getting the putts to register in the software. It'll register and measure 3-4 putts then it won't measure/register the next 3-4 and then it'll start picking up the putting strikes again. The app was working fine on my iPhone 4 before I upgraded this week. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone know how to fix it?
    my putts do not register either. My SeeMore putter has an insert. Can't that dampen the effect of the stroke?
  • PDoNPDoN Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭
    I have an iPhone 5c and my I ping works perfect. I'd say it picks up 95% Of my strokes.
    Superfast 1.0 TP
    913 FD 15*
    Rocketbladez Tour 3-P
    Red Saw Vokeys
    Scotty Select Squareback
  • dan250ydsdan250yds Mayor9312 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭
    PDoN wrote:

I have an iPhone 5c and my I ping works perfect. I'd say it picks up 95% Of my strokes.

My buddy bought the cradle for his iPhone and he has the 5C, we were having a tough time of getting it in the cradle designed for the iPhone 5. Which cradle are you using? The one designed for the 5 or the one designed for the 4?
    Driver: Cally FT Tour 9.5 Deg // Fubuki J 60g X flex
    3 Wood: Titleist 909F3 15 Deg // Fubuki K 80g X flex
    Hybird: TM R15 19 Deg // Fuji TS 9.8 X Flex
    Irons: TM MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
    Wedges: Cally X Jaws CC 52*, MD2 56* & 60* // KBS Wedge X Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Bag: Titelst StaDry