Props To Srixon

TMBobTMBob Members Posts: 5,373 ✭✭
I mainly play 3 different OEMs balls over the past 4 years and I liked them all.

Titleist....both Pro V1's but prefer the X

Taylormade...liked the Project (a) and the current TPs

Srixon....liked the XV's

I messed around with the Yellow XV (2011-12) and 2 years ago I shot under par 3 times and all three times it was with a Srixon XV. Twice with Yellow and once with the White. Once a year was pretty good for me.

Moving forward, I did not like the Yellow in the latest version and after one doz I never re bought and the search was on for the 2011-12 ball but I could not find any. A member posted about Dick's having them and on sale a month again so I grabbed a few doz.

Well, about 6 rounds in to them I just had back to back under par rounds the past two days.....something about these balls it seems.

Love the Yellow color, the durability, the consistent distance and most of all....putting with it because one does not shot under par without making putts

Thanks Srixon and I sure hope the new version is as good if not better then the 2011-12 version! Glad that I found a few doz.

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭
    Bob, you and I both. I stocked up over the last few months about five dozen of the 2011 Tour Yellow XV's. Can't beat it. I'm hoping the 2015 version is just as good because these are super hard to find.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/font]
  • TMBobTMBob Members Posts: 5,373 ✭✭

Bob, you and I both. I stocked up over the last few months about five dozen of the 2011 Tour Yellow XV's. Can't beat it. I'm hoping the 2015 version is just as good because these are super hard to find.

Go Hawks!
  • brokauffbrokauff Members Posts: 118
    I love both Z-Stars (winter ball) and Z-Star XV's (summer ball), and am an overall fan of Srixon. They seem a bit under the radar, but with their new lines of clubs and (hopefully) good lines of golf balls I could see them making it into the "big leagues" within the next couple of years. I wish more golf ball companies would put out their tour golf balls in yellow. It really helps to see it in the air and on the ground (especially here in the lovely Pacific Northwest).
    Ping G400 LST 10* UST Mamiya Elements Earth 7F5
    TaylorMade 2017 M1 3HL 17* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.1 X
    Adams Super XTD 17* Hybrid UST Mamiya Proforce 95 TX
    Taylormade RSI UDI 20* C-Taper Lite 110X
    Mizuno MP-5 4-9 KBS Tour 130 X
    Mizuno MP-T7 46.08, 52.12, 58.08 Blue Ion KBS Tour 130 X
    Bettinardi Limited Edition Minovai 35"
  • brokauffbrokauff Members Posts: 118
    TMBob wrote:

Go Hawks!

And yes, Go Hawks!
    Ping G400 LST 10* UST Mamiya Elements Earth 7F5
    TaylorMade 2017 M1 3HL 17* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.1 X
    Adams Super XTD 17* Hybrid UST Mamiya Proforce 95 TX
    Taylormade RSI UDI 20* C-Taper Lite 110X
    Mizuno MP-5 4-9 KBS Tour 130 X
    Mizuno MP-T7 46.08, 52.12, 58.08 Blue Ion KBS Tour 130 X
    Bettinardi Limited Edition Minovai 35"
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    Isnt it great when you find that ball the just works for you. Then it is sad when the next generation doesnt feel the same.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members Posts: 2,304 ✭✭
    I bought 2 dz of the yellow '12 XVs at DSG for $15 each a month ago. It is a great ball.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭
    TMBob wrote:

Go Hawks!

I sure hope Marshawn Lynch scores the winning touchdown. Oh wait, they're throwing the ball.... image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' /> Hahahaha
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/font]
  • adh2k1adh2k1 Members Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Strange... I thought it was just me. I shot a couple of rounds under par last year, including the lowest round of my life. What was I using?? Srixon 2012 model Z-Stars that I found a sleeve of in my bag. After playing the best golf of my life over a 2 week span I went out and bought a dozen of the newer Z-Stars and couldn't quite replicate my play. Don't get me wrong I was still shooting under my handicap by 6-7 strokes so I was quite happy, but I never really put the two together until after the season.
    Ping G LST 9 / G400 Max 9
    Callaway xHot 3Deep
    Ping 3-5 i500 S AWT2.0
    Ping 6-U i200 S AWT2.0
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 55,59
    Callaway PM Grind 64
    Odyssey 9 WHP / Odyssey Redball