Signing starts today

rednumbers69 ·  
rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007Jr. Boomers  1027WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,027
second wave
Today thru the 20th is the second wave of letter of intent signing

I am signing mine today for UVU is anyone else?
Posted:

Comments

• golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    Still a freshy, so I've got a while. Pardon my ignorance, but what is UVU?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    hailtothechief wrote on Apr 14 2008, 10:02 PM:
    Still a freshy, so I've got a while. Pardon my ignorance, but what is UVU?

Utah Valley would be my best guess, but I'm not positive
    Posted:
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers  1027WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,027
    that would be correct...Utah Valley University
    Posted:
  • mikeweirfanmikeweirfan Members  178WRX Points: 73Posts: 178 Fairways
    Signed with Southern Wesleyan University
    Posted:
  • statechamps08statechamps08 Members  345WRX Points: 0Posts: 345
    Congrats to everyone so far. Im going to San Diego State next year but i am no where good enough to play for them right now...........i work to much and have no time to practice haha
    Posted:
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members  454WRX Points: 61Posts: 454 Greens
    I am also only a Freshman, good luck to you that have signed.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • itsSKYLINEtimeitsSKYLINEtime Members  315WRX Points: 0Posts: 315
    Signed with Thomas More College in Kentucky
    Posted:
  • jcrewjcrew Members  457WRX Points: 0Posts: 457
    I really hope I will be doing this next year but we'll see. Academics is definitely my priority and my golf game is definitely not up to snuff for top D-1 schools but it would be great to land something where I already want to go (in terms of academics & everything else).
    Posted:
    No you don't know me..

im from Canada...and i know who your talking about and i promise you that he would beat you head to head any day
    Posted:
  • alex1alex1 Members  56WRX Points: 0Posts: 56
    hi im from Australia and was just wondering what sort of scores you have to be getting to play div.1 college golf.

cheers
    Posted:
  • onplane1onplane1 Members  120WRX Points: 55Posts: 120 Fairways
    bucketmiz,

You aren't playing at C of C, I know the coach personally, he doesn't take walk-ons so nice try. You also aren't a .6 or .7 or whatever you say you are. Any LEGIT scratch golfer can go almost anywhere in the country. Have you seen the golfstat cup? The best college player in the country is averaging 70.5 so you're saying that you're only 2 shots worse per round? schools would have been beating down your door. Give every GOOD player on here credit for signing with a school and keep practicing so you may get there one day
    Posted:

Advertisement
    thank you onplane...

that is a very true statement...

good luck getting a scholarship bucketetc...coaches will appreciate your attitude im sure..
    Posted:
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers  1027WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,027
    ok this topic has taken a turn for the worst....

as far as im concernd your hadi does mean s**t to me unless it has only and all of your tourny scores as a jr. Jrs inflate there handicapp...I did it when I was younger, not any more but I did when I was a frosh...

Bucketmiz I think I speak for everyone when I say please dont post in this topic again.

As far as signies congrats to all of you

Miekwierfan...where is SWU?
    Posted:
  • bk4bk4 Members  868WRX Points: 0Posts: 868
    What high school and where are they going to school to play? I haven't seen many teams in Charlotte going too low on a regular basis this year?
    Posted:
  • golfer101golfer101 Members  51WRX Points: 65Posts: 51 Bunkers
    Just to clear things up, I go to providence high school in Charlotte, NC, the same school bucketmiz goes to. Let me all assure you he is not a plus 1.6 handicap, has 0 college offers and has not made the high school team all 4 years. To clear things up, on our team the top 8 have plus handicaps and out of the 6 seniors 4 of us are going to be playing college golf. The 2 starting juniors have offers from UNCW and James Madision.

Bk4 as far as going low, our team has been very consistant so far. We haven't gone to low, our scores are in the mid 290s so far, but heck we might have been going low if we had a player like bucketmiz on our team.(ha).

Anyway I signed with Barton College in Wilson, NC
    Posted:
  • bk4bk4 Members  868WRX Points: 0Posts: 868
    Providence is actually the one school that I have seen that has gone low. With his always talking about playing at Carmel, I assumed he went to South Meck or Country Day.

From what I've seen and read, Providence definitley has some great players
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mroberts940mroberts940 Get out your brooms! Jr. Boomers  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    rednumbers69 wrote on Apr 29 2008, 10:43 PM:
    ok this topic has taken a turn for the worst....

as far as im concernd your hadi does mean s**t to me unless it has only and all of your tourny scores as a jr. Jrs inflate there handicapp...I did it when I was younger, not any more but I did when I was a frosh...

Bucketmiz I think I speak for everyone when I say please dont post in this topic again.

As far as signies congrats to all of you

Miekwierfan...where is SWU?

image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    golfer101 wrote on Apr 30 2008, 07:02 AM:
    Just to clear things up, I go to providence high school in Charlotte, NC, the same school bucketmiz goes to. Let me all assure you he is not a plus 1.6 handicap, has 0 college offers and has not made the high school team all 4 years. To clear things up, on our team the top 8 have plus handicaps and out of the 6 seniors 4 of us are going to be playing college golf. The 2 starting juniors have offers from UNCW and James Madision.

Bk4 as far as going low, our team has been very consistant so far. We haven't gone to low, our scores are in the mid 290s so far, but heck we might have been going low if we had a player like bucketmiz on our team.(ha).

LOL
    Posted:
    SWU is in Central, South Carolina. Its an NAIA school
    Posted:
  • glcoachglcoach Members  1717WRX Points: 129Handicap: 2.1Posts: 1,717 Platinum Tees
    Congratulations to all of you guys. As a HS golf coach I know how hard you guys have to work just to get noticed let alone signed. Keep working hard.

IMO, NAIA and NCAA D II are really competitive, you guys will still be able to have a lot of fun and play a lot of great golf courses. Good Luck!
    Posted:
  • MGWPMGWP Members  507WRX Points: 0Posts: 507
    IF THERE ARE ANY POTENTIAL LADY GOLFER OUT THERE..A TIP...

There is a new Junior College programme starting in Texarkana ,Tx and is looking for female golfers.

Scholarships available, great education...school is affiliated with Texas A&M..so very credible.

If you can break 80 on a regular basis..Im me for more info.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • statechamps08statechamps08 Members  345WRX Points: 0Posts: 345

u guys play 9 holes and count 5?
    Posted:
    im not sure what u are trying to imply, but as I said, we have a good team and on 18 hole matches we were in the mid 290s. Actaully to be honest, we are not even the favorite to win states...there are alot of really good teams in NC.
    Posted:
  • GehenHerzogGehenHerzog Members  779WRX Points: 0Posts: 779
    onplane1 wrote on Apr 29 2008, 04:59 PM:
    bucketmiz,

You aren't playing at C of C, I know the coach personally, he doesn't take walk-ons so nice try. You also aren't a .6 or .7 or whatever you say you are. Any LEGIT scratch golfer can go almost anywhere in the country. Have you seen the golfstat cup? The best college player in the country is averaging 70.5 so you're saying that you're only 2 shots worse per round? schools would have been beating down your door. Give every GOOD player on here credit for signing with a school and keep practicing so you may get there one day

WRONG.

A scratch player doesn't average around 72. The courses played in college usually have pretty high course ratings and during the college season the courses play tougher because there is usually a lot of wind.
    Posted:
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members  1784WRX Points: 115Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    I signed with USC Upstate today, we have a really solid program next year. I'm excited to get to play against some really solid teams like Coastal, etc.
    Posted:
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals  5689WRX Points: 56Posts: 5,689 Marshals
    Congrats on signing clevelandballer.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SpectrumsSpectrums Embry-Riddle ATC Members  308WRX Points: 0Posts: 308
    Congrats to everyone who signed! I hope I'll get a chance to play at least some college golf...
    Posted:
  • nchladeknchladek Jr. Boomers  115WRX Points: 0Posts: 115
    statechamps08 wrote on May 7 2008, 03:51 PM:

u guys play 9 holes and count 5?

golfer101 wrote on May 8 2008, 08:14 AM:
    im not sure what u are trying to imply, but as I said, we have a good team and on 18 hole matches we were in the mid 290s. Actaully to be honest, we are not even the favorite to win states...there are alot of really good teams in NC.

I don't think he is trying to imply anything, it is just a different way of scoring. In California we play 9 hole matches and count 5 out of 6 scores, whereas I presume you guys play 18 hole matches and count 4 scores.

Back on topic, I didn't sign with anyone, but I am going to try to walkon at Lehigh University (in Pennsylvania).
    Posted:
    exactly, we count 4 out of 6 scores
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.