Who is playing blades?

2»

Comments

• MNRehabMNRehab Members  70WRX Points: 0Posts: 70
    I play MP 33's and strike it well, and my misses wouldn't be helped by CB's. The misses are about grip pressure, bad alignment and a quick transition at the top. I don't think those things would be helped by CB's.

Plus when I got to the first tee on a hot day with Blades in the bag and running shoes on with people that I have never played with before, the looks are spectacular!!!

Plus, if they cost me a shot a round on mishits they save me at least that many in the ability to work the ball to pins that can only be reached with draws and fades.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
    I used to play bridgestone J33 combos. 8-pw blade, and the cavitys on 'em are really small, thin topline, thin sole, no forgiveness. Was playin to a 15 with them, switched back to titty 804s and dropped 8 strokes, have no reason to play blades.
    Posted:
  • Bite BiteBite Bite ~The Voice of Reason~ Members  504WRX Points: 0Posts: 504
    I play blades and I find them just as easy to hit as cavity back irons. When you are always hitting the sweet spot they always feel good image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • TVQgolfTVQgolf Members  87WRX Points: 0Posts: 87
    As you can see i play cleveland ta1 gunmetal they are pretty long, 8 iron about 195, 3 iron about 240.
    Posted:
  • BDLzBDLz DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID! Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    xdhammerbx wrote on May 12 2008, 12:10 PM:
    tpmillstuscaloosa wrote on Apr 30 2008, 12:04 AM:
    I play Taylormade mb tp blades they rock. image/hoganwhite.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

me too!

i started out when i was 15 with mp14s then tried RAC LT IIs and missed the feel of blades so i bought mp37s.. last year i played with 30s and enjoyed them too. now going on 21 ( guess im not a junior image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) im with my rac TP mbs and enjoy the game even more!

im more of a feel golfer and need to know when i hit it poorly even if im sacrifcing a chance to make a bad shot a decent shot. its how i improve my game. if i was gonna go to a cavity it wouldnt be any bigger than ap2s.. and you can quote me on that !! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Okay, I quoted you on that...now what's the deal w/ the tour burners in the bag??? image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
  • HathstauwkHathstauwk Members  984WRX Points: 0Handicap: 7.7Posts: 984
    I play blades....Ping i3 blades.

I like them because they feel sweet when I flush it, good feedback on mishits but still getting the distance and can work the ball as I please.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, Oban Devolution 6 (03 stiffness) 65g
    TE Exotics CB2 3w 15 degree Proforce V2
    Mizuno JPX 825 19 deg Hybrid fujikura s
    Ping i20 blue dot, Rifle Project X 5.5
    Cleveland RTX 588 56 degree, Rotex 2.0
    Ping Anser 2i isopur

Advertisement
  • big bobgbig bobg Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    I play 695 mb's and I just love how easy it is to work as well as it feels. I also think blades make me concentrate more although my dad says that next year I might get AP2's so I can get as much distance as I can.
    Posted:
  • tjewell1994tjewell1994 Jr. Boomers  1496WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,496 Platinum Tees
    tommy jewell

age 13

i used to play cleveland cg1 blades but i didn't like the feel of them and now i have cleveland cg reds and hit them a lot better
    Posted:
  • epixepepixep If the wind will not serve, take to the oars Members  1425WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,425
    opus_mh wrote on May 7 2008, 08:25 PM:
    i hit more shots REAL close with blades than i do CB's. I'll take a few more missed greens to get a few more tap in birdies. Id rather be short sided with an L wedge in hand than 40 feet with a putter.

cheers

Scott

Uh, sorry but that's not very smart golf. In fact, it's dumb golf.

I understand you saying that you'll take your chance of missing with a blade to get a purer, "better" shot (in the end, I actually don't understand what you're saying, the only advantages to a blade over a CB are workability, blades won't increase your accuracy) - but "Id rather be short sided with an L wedge in hand than 40 feet with a putter" is.... eh...

Edit: I don't understand your statement that blades increase your accuracy. I have played with blades, I own some SR-1s and love them, but... what are you trying to say?
    Posted:
  • DrivetheGreen66DrivetheGreen66 Members  18WRX Points: 0Posts: 18
    I play nike pro combo right now but looking into getting a set of the titleist ZM Forged 2-PW. I hate hybrids. I hit my irons toooooo good to justify hitting anything bigger
    Posted:
  • jcrewjcrew Members  457WRX Points: 0Posts: 457
    I play MP-30s and they're probably a bit much club for me just because consistent ballstriking is the worst part of my game - 8 handicap. Probably not going to ever play blades unless I become a great ballstriker. These MP-30s are about as close to blades as cavity backs get. I love the way these set up though.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DTDSCDTDSC DTDSC Members  32WRX Points: 0Posts: 32
    Not a Jr. anymore, but i play blades as well. Callaways X Prototype 3-pw S300. Love them.

Also played MP14/MP29/MP37 and CG1, By far, these callaways are the best of the bunch.
    Posted:
  • animalisticanimalistic Jr. Boomers  1236WRX Points: 60Posts: 1,236 Platinum Tees
    ya 33's for me
    Posted:
  • rjw3715rjw3715 Members  126WRX Points: 0Posts: 126
    695mb 2-pw Project X.

Love these but its difficult to really call them blades. They are muscle back but not really true blades. Really forgiving in my opinion but still have that sweet feeling whenever i actually manage to hit one out the centre image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • afewoverafewover Members  85WRX Points: 64Posts: 85 Fairways
    ive got taylormade tp mb's and i love em. they arent the most forgiving club out there but blades arent supposed to be; and when you hit that sweet spot, man its amazing. real workable too.
    Posted:
  • sweeetsweeet sweeet EH! Account Hold  561WRX Points: 0Posts: 561
    I've just sworn off CB's today so count me in image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MNRehabMNRehab Members  70WRX Points: 0Posts: 70
    sweeet wrote on Aug 21 2008, 10:12 PM:
    I've just sworn off CB's today so count me in image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's classic, spoken like only a golfer can speak!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.