*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have any issues resetting your password, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

MEMBER REVIEWS: Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges! See What Members Are Saying!

13»

Comments

• BogeyFore5BogeyFore5  97Members Posts: 97
    I’m currently using a mid bounce 58 rtx3 and have been really missing my previous 58, which was a Vokey L grind with 4 degrees of bounce. I never use my LW for full shots, mostly just around the green and usually play in dry, tight conditions. I really miss how the leading edge of the low bounce Vokey stayed very close to the ground at address.

So with that being said, I want to pick up an RTX4 58/60, but can’t decide if I should choose low or xlow grind.

Does anyone know if there is much difference between those two grinds? Specifically, how close the leading edge is to the ground on tight lies and how the leading edge looks at address (straight/rounded).

Thanks in advance!
    Posted:
    Cobra F6+ Driver - 9.5o
    Cobra F7 3-Wood - 15.5o
    Cobra F7 3-Hybrid - 19.5o
    Mizuno MP-54 Irons - 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges - 50o,,54o,58o
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JDaxJDax  84Members Posts: 84
    I’m coming from MD4s, anyone having trouble getting used to the way lower leading edge of the RTX-4s?
    Posted:
  • Spooky67Spooky67  1389Members Posts: 1,389
    Saw Crossfiled posted a “review” of these today. Kinda cool to try something before the YT personalities get it...lol.

Been playing weekly with my 54/10 mid. I still love it and the comments I made in my reviews still apply. IMO the finish has held up well. I don’t see rust yet. I’ll post a few pics soon.
    Posted:
  • jpt1101jpt1101  270Members Posts: 270
    Interesting that all of the mid bounce RTX-4’s I’ve seen in the stores have 10 degrees of bounce. I’m coming from a Cleveland wedge with 12 degrees, which seems to have been the prior standard mid bounce option. Will that 2 degree difference make a difference in playability, or is it negligible? I play in Florida, so play off of a lot of tight, sandy lies around the green, and in the past I’ve needed the bounce to help off those lies. Curious is anyone has any thoughts on this.
    Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TN 4103Members Posts: 4,103
    Spooky67 wrote:
    Saw Crossfiled posted a “review” of these today. Kinda cool to try something before the YT personalities get it...lol.

Been playing weekly with my 54/10 mid. I still love it and the comments I made in my reviews still apply. IMO the finish has held up well. I don’t see rust yet. I’ll post a few pics soon.

My 60 full is rusty except for the sole. I’ll post pic soon but I mean real rusty
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello  3450Members Posts: 3,450
    Minarets wrote:

Spooky67 wrote:

My 60 full is rusty except for the sole. I’ll post pic soon but I mean real rusty

And thats a GOOD thing.

No idea why they even make finishes besides rust.
    Posted:
    G410 10.5* - G410 LST 14.5* - F6 18* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Hi Toe 54* & 60* - BG F22

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file