Tomo shoes

LowRG

Played with them today. Had to change out after three holes. Was not an issue of grip during the swing. But the upper was so flexible that walking up and down hills my feet were sliding around. Needed more structure there.

They were insanely comfortable. And did not have any slippage swinging the club. But can’t play in them.

Played with them today. Had to change out after three holes. Was not an issue of grip during the swing. But the upper was so flexible that walking up and down hills my feet were sliding around. Needed more structure there.

They were insanely comfortable. And did not have any slippage swinging the club. But can’t play in them.

So more of a range shoe?

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

They were insanely comfortable. And did not have any slippage swinging the club. But can't play in them.

good thing florida is flat lol

Received mine and wore around the house. They are super comfortable and light - like, remarkably so. And they look sweet.

Not well versed in shoe design, but the heel area is low so my heel can slip in and out super easy. Also, I read the return policy after I ordered (stupid) and you can't try them on the course or at the range, etc. to see if they grip first. The sole design is interesting, but there's no way I'm trying these as the daily driver on the golf course with no safety. If you hit off mats mostly or have short grass range turf, these would be great for that.

Return was easy and free, so it was nothing from nothing really. Bummed because I love the look and the lightweight comfort.

loved the tomo shoes. great for on to off course. was able to workout with them on in the gym then hit the range course. they are NOT for rain days. I had no issues with slipping but my foot/sock was wet after the round. I may experiment with some water resistant spray. overall love these except the shoe laces are too long imo.

loved the tomo shoes. great for on to off course. was able to workout with them on in the gym then hit the range course. they are NOT for rain days. I had no issues with slipping but my foot/sock was wet after the round. I may experiment with some water resistant spray. overall love these except the shoe laces are too long imo.

I got mine last week, and unfortunately they're too big. I wear an 8.5 or 9 in Nike depending on the shoe and ordered the 9 in Tomo (the site recommends you size up if you're between sizes). They're too long and my foot would definitely slide around if I were to try to hit a golf ball. Other than that, I love the comfort and styling. They really are like Allbirds with a golf sole. I agree the laces are way too long though, not sure what's up with that. I managed to lace through the top loops twice and it was more manageable, but I'll probably replace them when I get the correct size. Interested to see how the exchange process goes, shipping took a while to get the first pair.

Good call about the water resistant spray, I have some I got off Amazon a while back that I haven't tried yet. Maybe after I get my exchange I'll try that out.

Titleist TSR3
Titleist TSR2 3 Wood
Titleist TSR2 3-4 Hybrids
PXG Gen3 P, Nippon NS Pro
PXG Sugar Daddy 54/60
Scotty GoLo

That kind of traction is going to work for northeast golfers. My course got 17.5" of rain in 3 weeks. We got dumped on again yesterday. Course is going to be wet probably for the rest of the season!

PXG Gen6 0311XF*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW
TM MG4 54*
TM MG4 59*
TM Spider Tour Red

One thing I've found with my Tomo shoes is that I have to pull my laces ridiculously tight to get the stability I need. That doesn't make them uncomfortable, but like others have found, it's as if the shoes don't fit across the top of the foot unless you pull them tighter. Having done that, I find them really comfortable!

Also want to throw out the Tomo has EXCELLENT customer service!

This is true, they emailed me back quickly about my exchange, and sent me a prepaid shipping label. The only issue is they use USPS for shipping and it was pretty slow, I think 8-9 days to get my first order from Cali to Minnesota. I shipped my exchange back yesterday and don't imagine I'll see my replacement pair for like 2-3 weeks. Zappos / Amazon have really changed my expectations for how quickly things should ship, first world problems.

Titleist TSR3
Titleist TSR2 3 Wood
PXG Sugar Daddy 54/60
Scotty GoLo

Also want to throw out the Tomo has EXCELLENT customer service!

This is true, they emailed me back quickly about my exchange, and sent me a prepaid shipping label. The only issue is they use USPS for shipping and it was pretty slow, I think 8-9 days to get my first order from Cali to Minnesota. I shipped my exchange back yesterday and don't imagine I'll see my replacement pair for like 2-3 weeks. Zappos / Amazon have really changed my expectations for how quickly things should ship, first world problems.

lol so true. and now with amazon pick up centers.....

• 2 weeks later...

What is the side to side stability like during the swing? Love the look of them but do they feel like you’re swinging in a pair of adidas ultra boosts or All Birds?

I got my exchange pair, the 8.5 was the ticket for me so I'd say they fit true to size. The weather is going to crap here in Minnesota, so I got my garage simulator up and running and played 18 holes of sim golf in them. Side to side stability is better than a pair of Allbirds due to having a wider sole with more traction, but they are noticeably worse than my other golf shoes (Nike AM90, Ecco) in that department. The material is very flexible, it would need some sort of Flywire-type reinforcement on the sides to increase stability. You can feel the outside of your left foot stretch the material on your follow-through (right-handed golfer) and I do wonder if the material will hold up in that area over time.

I still like them for what they are and will wear them on the sim and maybe up to the range if it's very dry, but I can't see these being someone's primary shoes for outdoor rounds. They're basically a pair of Allbirds with a slightly wider sole and mild traction features.

Titleist TSR3
Titleist TSR2 3 Wood
PXG Sugar Daddy 54/60
Scotty GoLo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Sharing my experience.

I had a pair of the Vol.1 and the sole under my forefoot completely separated from the upper during the first round I played in them. The sole portion that wraps over the toe separated from the knit upper also, as well as the lining over the foam insole. After contacting the company, I was refunded as the shoes were essentially disintegrating.

After the new releases and Tomo's posts claiming improved manufacturing methods, I thought I would give them another try with the Vol. 2. I ordered the same size as the first time around with the Vol. 1 and they were too big. I had checked the website prior to purchasing and while there was language for a return that alluded to return shipping being on the customer, the exchange section said nothing like that and simply said contact the support team. I contacted support for the exchange and the initial response was "No problem. What size do you need?" The next email they said, Okay ship the shoes back to us, we will inspect and then ship a new pair if we accept the exchange. I replied asking for confirmation that an exchange was at the cost of the consumer and stated that no part of this policy was listed on the exchange policy section of the website.

The next email form support stated that he/she had updated the exchange policy on the site. If you check the site now, the exchange policy mirrors the return policy language.

I sent two further emails explaining that had the policy they are actually using been posted it would have absolutely impacted my buying decision and because the language for exchange and return were different, it certainly implied the process was different as well. Not to mention the fact that Tomo is an online only company with no way to try on any of the merchandise prior to purchase. I received a response the next day blowing me off saying in part "why would you think exchanges were free" and "we didn't change anything". Again, the language for exchanges was completely different from the return language when I purchased.

In summary, one terrible experience with the actual product and one terrible experience with support acknowledging they do not give full details for the exchange process, then changing the language on the website after I contacted them. The policy they are implementing essentially asks me to pay $20 (your shipping cost would vary by location) to try on the shoes and then wait for shipping both ways to get the proper size. To me, that seems insane for an online only company trying to break into the footwear market, but if that is the policy, the least they could have done would have been to make their policy clear.

I really wanted to like the shoes/brand but I can only take so much. I would steer clear of this company and their products. Too many other good options in the marketplace.

• Like 1
  • Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

• 1 month later...

I'd like to share a similar experience. I picked up a pair during their Black Friday sale. Understood there was no return on sale, but no mention of exchange. Shoes don't fit (btw their sizing information is totally off) so I asked for an exchange. Response: "You can always give them as a gift or donate them so it doesn't go to waste". I was pretty appalled. For a straight-to-consumer startup brand, customer experience is key to driving word of mouth referrals and viral marketing. Allbird are great at this. I had issues with two different shoes and they accepted them, even after they had been worn. I would stay clear of TOMO just for the customer service hassle alone. Add to that the accurate feedback on how flimsy these shoes are and the heel slip issue because of a super shallow heel cup, and these are just walking shoes with inconvenient tread.

I really wanted to like these shoes and this company because based on the website they really did look like Allbirds for golf. Better to just wear some Allbirds and play on a dry day.

• 4 weeks later...

These were the worst golf shoes I've ever bought, I have no idea how they get good reviews.

I couldn't walk up and down hills without slipping all over the placed. Also I couldn't make a swing without thinking I as going to slide off the side of the shoe.

It's pretty funny to me that these are even called golf shoes. Ended up wearing them to work and they fell apart. Pretty comical how bad they were as golf shoes though. I'm really not even that mad about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of these and they're quite comfortable. I've worn them in the office more than I've worn them for golf but it helps if I'm going from work to the course, and I don't need to change shoes. The toe rand on my right foot is starting to come unglued from the tip of the shoe but I don't know if it was my fault or the shoe's. I wish they had a bit more lateral support and the foot bed has a texture so after 9 holes, I feal like I'm going to get a blister, but it is the sock I'm wearing, and the skin on my feet. All in all, not a bad pair of stylish shoes for the course and general daily use.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

So, they have a new shoe called the Volume 1X that is made of leather. I really like the looks of them and assume the stability would be a lot better than the knit shoe, but given the issues mentioned in the thread with sizing and exchanges I don't know if I can pull the trigger for $150. Paying for shipping on a size exchange for a brand you can't try on anywhere is really irritating.

Titleist TSR3
Titleist TSR2 3 Wood
PXG Sugar Daddy 54/60
Scotty GoLo

As I mentioned, Tomo was a disappointment for me in every conceivable way.

In the category you mentioned I would recommend TrueLinkswear. They offer a 30 day free exchanges/returns if they are unworn. You can even test them on course for 30 days and return them if you cover the shipping and they offer a flat fee for the return shipping on that. They do things the way they should be done.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of Vol 1’s and haven’t played in them yet, but they are basically Allbirds (I have a pair) with a different sole. Same concept - material is similar, very lightweight, laces are similar, etc. If it was a blind test I’d guess the Allbird’s and Tomo’s were from the same company. I wear Adidas 12, Allbirds 12 and Tomo 11.5. I wear almost exclusively lightweight sneaker style shoes and am excited to try these. My feet aren’t over active while swinging so I’m not worried traction, but I won’t wear them on wet days that’s for sure. The material won’t protect you against rainy weather or wet rough.

enjoy

Driver - Titleist TSR3 9.0 HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0
Fairway - Titleist TSR3 15* AD-UB 7
Hybrid - Titleist TSR3 19*
Irons - Srixon Z565 4-5i PX LZ 6.0, Z765 6-AW PX LZ 6.0 hard stepped 1x
Wedges - Vokey SM9 46F, 50F, 54D/M, 58V/T
Putter - Scotty GOLO6 34”
Ball - Pro V1x #68

I'd imagine wearing them while walking on a firm and dry course would be absolutely ideal. I plan to wear them while practicing and walking dry courses. After trying them on I was actually tempted to wear them as sneakers, but then I gathered myself.

Enjoy!

Driver - Titleist TSR3 9.0 HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0
Fairway - Titleist TSR3 15* AD-UB 7
Hybrid - Titleist TSR3 19*
Irons - Srixon Z565 4-5i PX LZ 6.0, Z765 6-AW PX LZ 6.0 hard stepped 1x
Wedges - Vokey SM9 46F, 50F, 54D/M, 58V/T
Putter - Scotty GOLO6 34”
Ball - Pro V1x #68

Got them on Friday, haven't had a chance to wear them around the house until today. I agree with you - feel very similar to allbirds wool runners.. insanely light and comfy. I could game them in hot/dry/hard conditions.. which is what I bought these specifically for. Only downside for me would be wearing them as casual shoes because they sqweak horribly on hardwood/tile floors. Sounds like your feet are wet lol!

• 3 months later...

I ended up grabbing a pair of the Volume 1's and they did not have enough support so I returned them (at my cost) and grabbed a pair of Volume 1x's instead. They felt great on the course but I will echo the comments by people above about crap customer service and quality control. After 1 wear the shoes look pretty bad. The soles and the shoes are painted white. The white paint was cracking a little bit on the upper, but on the bottom where the soles creased the paint cracked off like crazy. I wrote them and apparently it is a known issue with leather that is too stiff and overpainting. I asked for my money back and they said no. They said I can keep the shoes I have now and they will send me a pair of the updated shoes with new leather once they come in at the end of the summer. Buyer beware on these for sure!