Will this hurt playability?

2»

Comments

• ahl3bomber ahl3bomber Members  1260WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,260
    Good call, you don't want some crazy people calling him up and cursing him off lol.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members  8538WRX Points: 151Handicap: 5.5Posts: 8,538 Titanium Tees
    FWIW, the "chip" is visible in his one picture. Bottom line is you gotta ask for more pics up front and if you see something you don't like, you move on.
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • driverwedgedriverwedge If you swing hard and miss, it hurts a bit. Members  3875WRX Points: 151Posts: 3,875 Titanium Tees
    Hey All. Thanks for your replies and opinions. I do appreciate it. Also, I removed the seller's phone #. That was a bone-head move on my part. It was part of a "cut and paste" and was not my intention to post it. I know it should go without saying, but please do not call or contact this person about this. I posted originally to look for guidance and insight. I got quite a bit and for that I am thankful.
    Posted:
    Adams 9064LS 8.5*/ Aldila CINNAMON 65-X
    Adams Super LS Black 18*/ Redboard 83x
    Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x Or
    MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7
    MP T5 Black Ion 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny
    Tour Issue Drizzle Stick (In case it rains).
    All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+
    WITB Link
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members  2381WRX Points: 126Posts: 2,381 Platinum Tees
    Greggz wrote on Nov 27 2009, 09:13 PM:
    RighttoLeft wrote on Nov 27 2009, 08:08 PM:
    "I have a whole slew of pulled shafts for sale of the highest quality."

The scratches are one thing, but "highest quality" used shafts don't have gouges or chips. If you read eBay's terms of service, the item is supposed to be accurately described.

If you think that you can omit defects from items while describing them as "highest quality" then you are well on your way to negative feedback.

I took the "highest quality" to mean "high end".

Listen, I'm not trying to defend the seller. The ad was poorly written and doesn't expressly refer to the cosmestic condition of the shaft. Do I think he should have mentioned the "gouge". Of course. However, I see lots of ads with no description of quality, and always send any questions I have BEFORE I BID.

I'm just saying, if you are very concerned with the cosmetics quality, then....ASK.

Also, epoxy in the tip of the shaft is normal. He is referring to the epoxy ON the tip, which by the way it sounds, was cleaned and prepped.

I agree that the OP did not do his due diligence, and I would rather take my chances throwing $100 out the window and hoping the Diamana fairy brought me a shaft rather than buying a Blue or Whiteboard on eBay from a seller with 0 feedback, especially when he throws "tour van" around three times in one sentence. But my disdain for sellers who knowingly sell hacked reshafts, pulls with burnt tips, and the like while knowingly not mentioning it and hoping it slides by trumps that. If it weren't for the gouge, then I would be on the seller's side on this one.

As to the last, the issue with epoxy in the tip isn't a huge deal to me. As long as you have the tools, it is a 2 minute fix. However, if you have ever tried to install a shaft with epoxy in the tip, especially into a fairly tight hosel, then you know that a plugged tip is not ready for install. To me, and I am sure many other people, "cleaned, prepped, and ready for install" means that epoxy has been cleaned from the outside and inside of the tip.
    Posted:
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D2
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 & 5
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler MM 20° & 23°(The Original)
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP2 5-P
    Wedges: Vokey SM4 52° & 58°
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
    Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • GreggzGreggz Members  387WRX Points: 0Posts: 387
    RighttoLeft wrote on Nov 28 2009, 05:17 AM:
    I would rather take my chances throwing $100 out the window and hoping the Diamana fairy brought me a shaft rather than buying a Blue or Whiteboard on eBay from a seller with 0 feedback, especially when he throws "tour van" around three times in one sentence.

Thank you......I am sitting here sipping my coffee and almost fell off my lounge chair laughing at that one!
    Posted:
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members  2381WRX Points: 126Posts: 2,381 Platinum Tees
    ...at the risk of thread jacking, since you like TE stuff (if the sig is current), you should track down a set of the Tour Edge forged blades. I played a set for two years and they were some of the sweetest irons that I have ever owned.
    Posted:
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D2
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 & 5
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler MM 20° & 23°(The Original)
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP2 5-P
    Wedges: Vokey SM4 52° & 58°
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
    Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GreggzGreggz Members  387WRX Points: 0Posts: 387
    RighttoLeft wrote on Nov 28 2009, 08:15 AM:
    ...at the risk of thread jacking, since you like TE stuff (if the sig is current), you should track down a set of the Tour Edge forged blades. I played a set for two years and they were some of the sweetest irons that I have ever owned.

Yes the sig is current. I agree, the forged blades are a real sleeper. You can still find them once in awhile for almost nothing.

If you liked those, you should try the Exotics Forged CNC's. Also a great sleeper iron.
    Posted:
  • driverwedgedriverwedge If you swing hard and miss, it hurts a bit. Members  3875WRX Points: 151Posts: 3,875 Titanium Tees
    Hey all. Thanks for your help. I shipped it back and got a full refund including shipping. Again, thanks for everyone's insight and opinions.
    Posted:
    Adams 9064LS 8.5*/ Aldila CINNAMON 65-X
    Adams Super LS Black 18*/ Redboard 83x
    Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x Or
    MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7
    MP T5 Black Ion 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny
    Tour Issue Drizzle Stick (In case it rains).
    All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+
    WITB Link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.