Your Best Golf Shot - OOPS Almost!

upndown1

Short story - memorable shot - Funny thing happened . . .
I actually have 2:

1) 176 yard par 3 uphill over water - hit a beautiful draw to the green in wet conditions. Hits inch in front of pin and disappears - I let out a big WHOOOOP! and run to the green leaving my bag and the other guys in tournament I am playing with in my dust. Get to the hole and there is my ball - half in the hole half in the ground in the side of the cup. I collapsed part of the hole but my 1st hole-in-1 would have to wait for another day. Easy tap in birdie - hard walk back to my bag with all the guys laughing about me leaving my bag there.

2) Tournament in rain. thunder way off distance. focused. 2 seconds after I hit, lightning strikes tree about 100 yards behind me. I dive head first in the bushes and hold on for dear life as it takes 2 guys to pry me loose and get me into clubhouse. Hair on my head sticking straight out sideways. I never have lived that one down from any of them and it has been 10 years ago. They will bang their bags or somethig that makes loud sound and all 3 of em will jump for bushes and ask me if it reminds me of anything . . .

What is your funny story - most memorable shot that almost . . . ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in high school I would go to the course after school, and usually the head pro would join me for the back nine after he had finished up in the shop. One day I eagled the 10th par 4 from 160. Lipped out on the par 3 11th for hole in one and hit the flag and left it 2 inches on the 16th, which was back at the clubhouse and too dark to finish. Fun to do playing with anyone, but nice to have the real proof of having the head pro playing with you.

This past summer my friend and I were playing worst ball and on a par 3 I hit the pin and left my first shot about 1 foot away. My friend said too bad that isn't going to be your worst shot. My next shot one bounced into the pin and sat on the lip.

playing in a little best ball thing for some police retirement.... i was the ringer on my team so you know that the field wasn't that DEEP...

anyway long par 3....straight up hill... and by uphill i mean a good 30 feet above the tees....you could just barely make out the top of the flag.

guy im playing with...a beginner... grabs a three wood....and I was thinking isnt 3 a bit much for a 195 that may play 210??? so he swings away.... way off to the left but coming back hard.....but i know its way toooooooo loooooooonnnnnnngggggg..... we hear a THUMP and then a scream....and then...and then a OH MY GOD... so we run up and see who has just died.....

off a kids head that was selling water balls to raise more money for the thing.... back onto the green....into... you guessed it... the cup for an ACE....

the guy that hit the shot was pretty distraught over hitting the kid, the kid was fine... a massive migraine but lived....it was his first and only to date hole in one, and he has yet to break 100 but he does have an ACE, the trophy ball has blood on it and some skin but still an ace.

we came in fourth....

TOO FUNNY! Almost wet myself! Slazenger should use him in a comerical for their 'RAW' ball.

I was playing last year in Match play. I come into the 16th a Par 5 in 2 and am 2 down. I 3 putt from 20' to halve the hole and go dormie. the guy I'm playing against is one of those real quiet types that never says a harsh word to anyone - a gentleman.

We have money riding and I am feeling sorry for myself from the missed putt and tell him, myself, the golf gremlins - anyone that will pity me, that I'm going to give up golf - I am so frusterated by letting that one get away!

He turns to me in a serious face and says: "No, please don't! I will have to get a part time job if you do!

His one and only joke and and I am at the butt end of it - LOL

when i was like 14 i was playing in a 4 person scramble interclub tournament with 3 kids from other clubs. We were tied for the lead going into our last hole, the 16th (shotgun start). We had been using this other kids drives all day as he was older and bigger than the rest of us and absolutely striped his driver. Then, he couldnt hit the next shot, and we were using my approach shots just about every time (i was money from <150 in those days) Our second shot was just a PW into the green, but it was uphill and we couldnt see the green surface. One of the tournament organizers was watching from a golf cart right next to us, ready to bring us in. The first two kids had hit (i dont remember if either shot was good or even on the green), but it was my time to go and the pressure was on. I pured my PW right at it and we heard it hit the stick...we all jumped for joy. Then the lady in the cart said she didnt think it went in and said she saw the ball bounce away, so our smiles quickly turned upside down. When we walked upto the green however, we found my ball did in fact go in, and actually tore up the cup like that legendary freddie couples par on the island green. I kinda gave a cocky smile to the woman who had been so sure it didnt go down, and when we retured to the clubhouse discovered that my shot had won us the tournament. Even better, she had to go find the greenskeeper to repair the hole. Pretty sweet moment, not to mention that our prize was each of us got a new scotty cameron pro platinum(still my gamer to this day most of the time even though my sig says i use my circa 62). Not a bad pickup for a 14 year old...definitely one of my best golfing moments. ;)

Playing a round for fun about 5-6 years ago with my bro. Par 3 140 yards. Big bunker guards green and you can't see the surface. I hit my first shot and pull it horribly and miss the green. He hits his shot and misses short. We both decide to hit a practice shot for fun and I hit mine and it was tracking right for the hole (keep in mind you can't see the surface). He hits his second ball and is also right at the hole. We are walking up to the green and we only see one ball!!! We immediately drop our bags and both start running to the hole to see who got the hole in one. I get to the hole first and see it's my ball in the hole!!! ;) I start yelling and jumping and he starts crying (OK he didn't cry but wasn't happy) :) . Anyways that was my so called hole in one.

Four of us wer having a doules matchplay competition and me and my partner were 3up with 3 to play...so one of my opponents stands on the tee(which is right next to a road..).Anyway he manages to make a hole in one with a idiot in a car throwing something out the window of the car at us!To Finsh the round they went eagle,birdie,par,and then birdie agin on the 19th!We we not best pleased!!!

I played golf with 3 buddies of mine, one of them who passed away a couple of years ago due to a terminal illness. We always remember him when the rest of us play golf together by the FUNNIEST sequence of events that I've ever witnessed during a round of golf. He was not a very good player.

We were playing an uphill short par 4 that had an out of bounds fence running along the right side. He gets up to hit the ball and tops it so bad that the ball pops straight up and almost hits him in the face and comes to rest about a foot from where he teed it. We all start lauging hysterically. Then he retees it and gets right under it and skies the ball straight up and it lands about 3 feet from where it was. Now we're all on the ground laughing. Then he decides to take the 3-iron approach rather than risk another embarrasing shot. He tops shanks this one so bad that the head snaps off and goes flying! The ball bounces off the fence and rests about 2 feet away from it. This is a 8 or 9 foot tall chain link fence. We're all still laughing at this point. He goes and finds his clubhead, puts it in the bag and walks over to his ball. Not a bad lie. He takes out his 3 wood like he's going for the green (from about 320 yards out!), but I suggest that he hit something manageable and just advance it. He gets his 5 iron and hits the ball. I swear, the ball looked JUST like one of those high jumpers in the Olympics jumping JUST over the chainlink fence and clearing it by an inch or two! Almost straight up, and straight down, coming to rest about 5 feet from him, but not being able to get it because of the fence!

R.I.P. Steve

I was playing with two guys I had never met, and I was about 7-8 strokes behind them as we got to 18. The course was doing construction and there was a Caterpillar machine about 50 yards at about 10 o'clock. I hit my first drive about 2 feet over the top of the truck. The second drive went into the drink right of the fairway. After that I said screw it and tried to put one through the window of the machine. Three shots later I figured we should get going and finish the hole.

During our round we passed two five-somes in a tournament. People were waiting just beyond the 18th green for the final two groups to finish. My ? shot went past the long drive marker on the hole...and we were playing from the blues where the tournament was playing from the gold tees, two tees in front of us. I was about 235 out after the drive and figured I'd already screwed my score over. I took out one of my hybrids and knocked it 8 feet from the pin and proceeded to make the putt. People were clapping because they thought I carded a 3. After the Tiger fist-pump and a bow to the fans I started laughing my a** off. Probably carded close to a 15 on the hole.

@j_canales87

playing a little nassau with some friends, last hole, par 5. We need to win this hole to either break even or win a few so I hit a bomb drive and have about 285 into the green. Pull out the demo 15* 906F2 id got from the proshop for the round. Go for the green, 285 yards to 6 feet! Eagled for the hole, sticker, eagle, poley. 5$ for us!

1) 1st Eagle: 290 yard par 4, hit driver to 6 feet and knock it down for eagle with 3 of my best buddies.

2) 1st Hole in One: 158 yard par 3, playing in the PLGA match play I hit 9 iron right at the flag, it took two hops and went in. Just 2 weeks earlier I was playing with my cousin and he made a hole in one. It was weird to have that happen twice in a month. I haven't seen one since....

I'm one down on the 18th after coming back from five down. My match is the last group in a club vs. club matchplay thing. I crown my drive and leave myself with a 170 metre (don't know yards) extreme up hill shot. Pulled out the three wood, striped it up onto the green to about 10 feet. I make the putt with both teams watching to square my match. I only found out after that my 1 point won us the trophy.

Sweetest golf day ever.

This was actually one of the most fun days I've had on a golf course in awhile.

It was the 36 hole match play final of my club championship last summer. My buddy and I have been the 2 favorites every year since 2000. Tournament Committee decided on match play this year with 36 holes qualifying to decide the seeding. Top 8 into the champ flight, my buddy and I are #1 and #2 seeds so we joke about getting into the final. We breezed through our first 2 matches on Sat and we're both in the finals on Sunday.

Morning 18. We both shot 69. Only 4 holes were halved. 11 birdies between us, and we had a best ball score of 62.

In the afternoon 18, he won the first hole, I won 2, 3, 4, and on the 5 hole (I know there was a LOT leading up to the shot, but it makes for good drama :) ).

5th hole at my home course is a dogleg left par 5, maybe 500 yds, but there's a creek that splits the fairway and the fairway on the other side of the creek is about 350 to carry to (not a shot I have in my bag). So the play is to layup to the right side and leave yourself somewhere between 210 and 260, depending on how close you want to put it next to the creek. So I play down the right side of the fairway with my 4wood and leave myself about 255 off a downhill sidehill (ball slightly above feet) lie. Woods and hazard down the right side, pin cut right center, about 20 feet over the right hand bunker. I hit another 4wood that carried the bunker easily and rolled up to about 6inches. My buddy had to follow that, he almost didn't hit his shot over the creek, I think I shocked him a bit with that one.

Once he finally got his ball on the green, I walked threw it back to him and then pulled the flag outta the cup and kicked in my shot after he had given it to me. Had to make it count, ya kno :drinks:

-Jordan

PS - We halved 6, I won 7, halved the rest until 14, which I birdied for the 5&4 win. ;)

Playing an early round at a course named Farmstead near Myrtle Beach. Very early and very foggy, we come to the first par three, a local guy we were playing with said, "it's around 180 and just aim that way." As I was getting ready to tee off, I caught a glimpse of the flag, I took a nice swing with a seven and thought that it should be near the pin, when BANG! As we were driving to the green, I started to get excited, maybe.....As I got to the green, I didn't see any balls on the green, but a hugh gouge in the front of the hole, I crept up to the hole, peaked in and ...............nothing.

The ball was fifteen feet behind me, it hit the hole on the fly and bounced straight backwards.

The only solice I have is that I made the birdie putt. But I still think that should count as a hole in one and a half.

It's hard for me to pick out one best shot, so I have a few.

Best under pressure shot: National 4somes matchplay, we're 1up after 14. 15 is a par 3, and my partner puts me in the bunker, our opponents are 20ft from the pin. I go up to the ball and it's plugged, so I just go in and take a swing at it. It popped out perfect, ran out to a foot and we went on to win 3&1, but if they'd won the hole to go all square it would have been a lot scrappier to finish.

I was playing against my brother, straight strokes (he's 2 shots lower than me) and for 14 holes I was 5 ahead. A par 5, we both cracked our drives, going for the green. I cut mine away, while he was right over the flag, but we couldn't see it finish. I go up to my ball, it's on the next tee box on a real tight lie, with a 30ft high tree 10 yards in front of me between my ball and the flag. I just opened up the blade, took a full swing and let it happen. It came off perfect, finishing a foot away. I beat him by 4 shots ;)

Most recent. On Friday, haven't played in afew months because of the cold weather in the area. But it was nice so I played hookie from work. Playing a pretty good round, and in fact looking like I'd break 80 for the first time ever. However, major issue on 16 when I three putt and take a double. So now I have to par/borde the last two holes. 17 is a par three, hit my shot about 6 feet fron the hole and proceed to two putt. Then on 18, a 525 par 5. Good drive about 280, second shot I hit a 6 iron to about 50 yards. So two excellent shots. Hit a pitch in that land a little sht and backups to the fringe. uphill putt about 15 feet from the fringe for a birdie and breaking 80 for the first time. Slight left break. Good hit on the putt, ball taking the break perfectly and rolls 3 inches short of the hole. ;) Still break my best of 83 which I've had a half dozen times.

I have a couple

1) when i was about 10 i hit my 5 wood on a 150-170 yd par 3 and flew it into the cup. the cup shattered and because it hit the flag ended up 30 feet away. i made the putt for birdie and got a stroke on the hole for a net 1.

2) i think i would put this in my top 5 cuz it kept my momemtum going at the us junior qualifier. a long par 3 about 190 up hill i pull my 5 iron left into a bunch of pine trees. i take a 9 iron and putt it out but it rolled through the green into the rough on the opposite side. i probably have about a 60 foot chip and i was thinking about a rotella book where this guy called he would hole it out and i started laughing about it then holed it out. the kid i was played with were friendly so he looked at me and started laughing and said u a****** i thought u were finally gonna mess up.

3) in the club championship qualifier on a day i was not playing well on 18 a medium par 5. i hit a crappy drive and have 280 uphill. my friend and caddy says to me so how about the 100 and i said no give me the 3 wood im going for it. it was a sucker pin just over 2 bunkers. i swung out of my shoes and got pin-high in the rough made birdie for a "smooth" 81 to be the 15th out of 16 seed and lost in the final match.

4) in the same club championship on the 28th hole i hit it into a greenside bunker and my opponent hits it 10 feet but hes away (so im pretty shortsided on a downhill bunker shot) he hits it 1 foot and i give it to him then i duff my bunker shot and leave it in the rough, now im pretty mad and i pull the pin myself and walk back to my ball and step up and hole it out. we had a crowd and every1 went nuts but i skulled it. it hit off the back and bounced in. good thing i didnt say anything cuz u shouldnt ruin a shot with ur mouth.

5) this is the last cuz i dont wanna make this any longer than it is but in a interclub match im playing in on the 18th par 5 but this one is kinda long. me and my opponent are both playing terribly but i was 2 up on the front and 1 up on the back so i had the overall. i ripped at my drive and pulled it over the left trees but i wasnt in the fairway. i hit a 4 iron from about 200 and knock it onto the back edge. i was pretty pumped about this and figured i had the whole match in the bag (which i did) so i hole it out to end with an eagle. i was the only person to get any points and since i was 15 and my first interclub match i was pretty happy.

Playing in a 2 round am tourney i was even after 34 holes, holed an 8-iron from the right rough for eagle on the 17th hole. Then on the 18th hole, a dogleg left 550 yarder, I decided to go driver off the deck and lipped out from 245 out for double eagle, ended up 2 putting for birdie and finished 4th.

At my mens match play I was 1 down comin up the last and hit a high cut 6iron into our last hole (475 par 5) to 15 ft and dropped the clutch eagle to tie things up, won it on the first extra hole to boot.

Well this is not my best golf story but my best golf lesson. I was playing in our club open match play tourney in my early 20's, made it to the semi's on Sunday morning traded back and forth the whole way through we are all square coming into the par 5 18th, I tee off first and hit a decent drive right in the middle not super long but safe. He gets up hits his tee shot into the water, so I'm all smiles ear to ear, I think it's all over but the crying so I get to my set up for my second shot, and my caddie hands me my 6 iron for a lay up shot for a full 52* into the green, and being the brash young man I was and seeing the nice little gallery forming around the green, I tell him to put the 6 iron back in the back and give me my three wood, he of course being a good caddie asks if I really need to do that, I gush back, "he's in the water I'm going to eagle this and really send it off" Well I really crapped it is what I did I pull my shot something fierce right into thick tree's so I'm thinking I am going to have to place my ball almost where it was hit from with the way the bush is shaped, I find my ball and it has almost made it out of the other side, only about 10 feet to go, it's thick, and I don't have much of a stance, so my caddie is telling me to drop, and I'm saying I can hit it out, and a way we go, I take a cut and my ball moves maybe a foot, so at this point I'm getting hot I swing at #4, and don't get out with that one, I'm freaking out now, and my caddie has just reakized he now has to sit back and watch me implode, I hit #6 short of the green, chip and put for an 8, meanwhile my apponent like I said was in the water so he hit #3 off the tee chipped on in 5 and made 6 for the win!!! I was devistaded, took about a month off, but learned a great lesson about course managment that day, and knowing when to go for it, and knowing when to shut up and listen to your caddie. LOL.

The qualifier for my high school golf team. The first hole I double bogied, i really played bad that hole. Anyways #2 a 500ish par 5 straight away, no real trouble, some trees on either side of the fairway, big ungulations in the fairway and a lone bunker by the green, nothing to worry about really. I'm still fuming from that double on the first hole, so I think I'm third to tee off (honour system). I hit my three wood off the tee (I pulled my driver due to a case of the blocks) and of course, I block my three wood about 230 into the rough. I walk it off, as I get to my ball, I pull out my hybrid and just a fantastic feeling swing, I rip it to like 5-10 yards short of the green, about 5 or so yards left of the bunker. As my playing partners continue to slash it up and finally get on the green they proceed to go mark their balls etc. I had the right of way so I pull my lob wedge and pitch it, i'm thinking in my head, it's going in, and it did! My very first eagle and we just laughed so I was even through 2- something I had never done before either. Needles to say I shot a mediocre 89 and was second or third seed on my team.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

My best shot or rather best feeling shots are ironically not the ones that would go into record books. Here it goes:

I was using 3 wood of the tee on a practice round one of these days. I absolutely miss hit the ball and send it about 120 yards and off to the right. It went through some trees and ended up on the fairway next door.

First I was planning to just get that damn ball and hit it from somewhere on the fairway. When I got to the ball I said to myself come on you've got yourself into a bad situation now just pay the price. I had left my bag at the beginning of the fairway so I only carried my 3 Wood. Not exactly the right tool to get out of jail from there. Nevertheless, I just tried something like a long 3 wood chip to get it back onto my fairway. I left it a little short and had some tree branches between the flag and myself for my third shot. I decided to try a punch shot from there. Now things started to go really well. I pulled off a great punch that left me in pitching range from the flag. I mastered a nice solid pitch that played dead 2 feet from the cup.

I tapped in the bogey putt and felt really good.

the hole looked all messed up after the errant tee shot, but I somehow managed to escape with nothing worse than a bogey.

I've had a few good and memorable shots, including a hole-in-one, but my most memorable shot was probably the one I watched my friend, Darrell, hit to fulfill his dream of breaking 80. This was about 5 years ago.

A good friend of mine had been threatening to break 80 for the first time and announced that he was going to do it that Sunday and that I was invited to come with him to his home club to play along. I gladly accepted and we were set to go.

We teed it up on the front 9 and Darrell managed to shoot a solid 38. We made the turn and he was feeling confident as he knew he only had to shoot 41 to break 80. He played pretty well and was 3 over on the back going into the par-5 16th hole, a hole he should have easily parred. It is not that long of a hole, but there is a lot of water. Darrell hit an awesome drive, which gave him the green light to go for it in two. He should have played safe up the right side, but he hit a 3 or 5 wood that sliced left (he's left handed) and bounded into the pond beside the green. He took his drop along the correct line and hit a fair shot but only managed to score a double bogie. That meant he would have to par 17 and 18 (a killer) in order to shoot 79. He was understandably PO'd at himself, but shook it off and managed to par the par-3 17th.

#18 is a killer par-4 of about 460 with water all down the right side. Both he and I drove it into a fairway bunker on the left side, and Darrell hit a great shot out of it towards the green. He was trying to stay out of that water on the right and his ball just leaked a bit and landed in a greenside bunker. He is a great bunker player and from there he wedged it out to the back left hole location, but didn't hit his best shot. It went too far left and too long and ended up off the green in the rough about 3 feet above the surface of the green on a mound and about 15 feet from the hole.

As I mentioned before, Darrell is left handed, but he used to play golf, years ago, right handed and still chips that way from time to time. He carries a right handed 7-iron in his bag for that as well as for trouble shots (next to a tree, etc...).

I holed out and positioned myself to watch what he was going to do. I was really pulling for him, but in order to break 80 he was going to have to chip in and I wouldn't have bet on Mickelson to pull that off from where Darrell was. He got very deliberate and studied and studied. He took several practice swings from the left side and it looked like he was just about to pull the trigger when without warning he threw down his left-handed wedge, picked up his right-handed 7-iron, took his stance, and hit the ball. That seemed to happen very quickly.

The ball jumped out of the grass just perfectly, landed in the fringe, trickled onto the green, and rolled straight into the hole!

I don't know that I could have been any more happy for a guy on a golf course. He jumped about 10 feet in the air. My hand still hurts from the high five he slapped me. He even called his wife and made her come out and bring their camera so he could take some pictures of the spot.

We weren't on TV. We weren't playing in a big (or small) tournament. Nobody was there to see it other than us, but at that moment you would have thought that guy had won The Masters. I'm just glad I was there.

However, the two of us later got an even bigger thrill when we got to play a VERY famous and exclusive golf course together........but that is another tread.

Made a great par last year from the cart barn. Good drive on a par 4, nuked 9 iron over the green (for some reason this place used white stakes to mark 100 yards and not 150) into the cart barn and it came to rest on an area of grass between the carts and the outside patio for the restaurant. Pitch to 8 feet and made the putt. Only pressure was that everyone on the patio was watching since they were curious what jackhole airmailed the green by 50 yards. I got a lot of drunken cheers when the putt rolled in.

Not a particularly good shot, but it had my mates in stitches.

The 5th at my home club is a driveable par 4 of about 300 or so. The direct line to the green is about a 270 carry over trees and bushes. The green and tee are on the same level, but the body of the hole sits in a valley. The sensible way to play it (it's a a dogleg left) is a mid iron down the fairway and a wedge shot to the elevated green which is open at the front and has 3 tiers.

On the day we played the wind was against and from the left, and the carry was a bit much. In heroic style I had a wild slash and flared a high one out right which ended up in the lone fairway bunker through the fairway, way right, and about 85 yards from the pin, which was on the back tier.

Conditions were parched and rock hard, although the greens were pretty well-watered and holding.

I hit a full sand wedge, clipping it perfectly into about a 10 knot headwind. Witnesses say my ball pitched about 3 feet from the hole, leapt up and back, and then went into reverse at a ridiculous rate of knots. All I saw was the ball appear briefly as it went from the back tier to the second tier. Then again, as it found the slope between the second and the bottom tier. Then again as it came off the front of the green. At about 20mph.

Over the next 30 seconds or so it trundled back relentlessly over the parched fairway and ended up about five yards behind and to my left.

My mates were literally in stitches. I made 5, laughed and swore in equal amounts and paced off how far I had "spun it back" as 91 yards.

Beat that Phil Mickelson....

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

Club Championship.

First day.

First Hole. Par 4. 420 or so.

Drive goes in left rough behind a huge tree. Hoping to clear it and maybe hit the green from about 160.

Up over the tree.

Draws toward the center.

Hits in front.

Fellow competitor: "Nice shot..."

Ball rolls.

Fellow competitor: "Really nice shot..."

Ball rolls.

Fellow competitor: "Really, really nice. That is going..."

Yep...in! Eagle.

#3, same round, moments later.

Closest to pin prize hole.

4 inches.

Check the sign...it says..."in the hole!"

Drat!

Great day, though...

• 1 year later...

Par 5 like 500 yards  Hit driver have like 170 in Pull a 7 iron left and drop another one for a muli-double eagle.

Shot of my life, though would have to go to this. I start on 10 and I am 2 under going into 15. I duck hook my 3wood  into the hazard on the left. Since its only a couple feet off the tee I just re-tee... This time with a driver and I'm pissed so I smack the daylights out of the ball. I have 230 left to a green tiny green about 10 yards deep guarded by a creek in the front that wraps around for . I figure, what the heck, I'm going for it I  hit a 3 wood that looks pretty good. We all think that its right on line but maybe 10 feet long or so  we get up there its 1/2 an inch from the cup... tap in par

• 1 month later...