2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Golf Pride Patriot Authenticity

lilalstar2001

Hello all,

Can any of you guys help me authenticate these golf pride patriot grips I ordered on ebay a couple days ago????

I ordered a set of 8 Golf Pride Patriot Grips on Ebay about 4 days ago and I was wondering if anyone can help me authenticate the grips for me before I get them installed? I don't want them to be fake after installation and have to pay again for another set.

More about the grips:

-Only one of the grips says 60R + Y8 Taiwan on the inside of the grip. The rest are blank on the inside.

-I paid 49.99 for a set of 8.

If you need anymore information about the grips I ordered, I can provide that. Also, if they are counterfeit grips, what steps should be done? Will golf pride reimburse me for the grips I ordered? I can provide any information during purchase, if needed.

I have attached 6 different photos of the Ebay purchased grips to this post.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert so I can't give you a definitive answer about the authenticity, but I will redirect you this thread, as it should help a lot.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/619106-fake-golf-pride-new-decade-multicompound-grips/

The fact that it's a new seller with only 2 feedback is a little worrisome though.

Cobra Amp Cell 8.5* w/ Black Tie
TEE XCG4 15* w/ Prolaunch Red
Adams Super LS w/ KK Black 19*
Mizuno JPX 800 4-GW w/S300
Cleveland 588 RTX 56*
Bettinardi Studio Stock 15

[quote name='Schick' timestamp='1405274467' post='9692001']
I'm no expert so I can't give you a definitive answer about the authenticity, but I will redirect you this thread, as it should help a lot.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/619106-fake-golf-pride-new-decade-multicompound-grips/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...compound-grips/[/url]

The fact that it's a new seller with only 2 feedback is a little worrisome though.
[/quote]

i agree with that. these grips that I ordered are kinda like the new decade multicompound without the cord in it. they seem legit but i'm still worried and want other opinions before getting them installed.

I cant say for sure but those white lines on the first pic of the top of the grips looks really bad. Are the tops of the grips flat or do they sorta dip inwards?

There is no reason golfpride would reimburse you. You didnt buy from an authorized seller. The best thing you could do if they are counterfeit would be to report them to ebay and golfpride. Best case would be that you would get your money back (from ebay) Hopefully you dong send them back because if you do the seller they probably just sell them again.

[quote name='Pace of Play' timestamp='1405281293' post='9692501']
I cant say for sure but those white lines on the first pic of the top of the grips looks really bad. Are the tops of the grips flat or do they sorta dip inwards?

There is no reason golfpride would reimburse you. You didnt buy from an authorized seller. The best thing you could do if they are counterfeit would be to report them to ebay and golfpride. Best case would be that you would get your money back (from ebay) Hopefully you dong send them back because if you do the seller they probably just sell them again.
[/quote]

The thing is that I don't know if they are counterfeit or not. I know golf pride has a counterfeit program and I tried getting a hold of golf pride by email but the email address they provided on their website is not working for some reason. Also, the top of the grips seem to be pretty flat.

I've done abit of research on fake NDMC's. I can say that 1 of the signs to look for in a fake is the seam alignment. Yours do not align. Another sign is the cord appearance, on fakes it's more sporadic and less symmetrical. Yours appear to have no cord but this NDMC didn't even exist when I did my research and may not have any cord. I can't say 100% real or fake from these photo's. I for 1 would be extremely skeptical of a 2 feedback seller and the price you paid.

Nvm about the cord, these are not supposed to have cord. I did manage to find a few pictures of these I believe are real. One difference I saw was they say made in Taiwan on the sticker.

Taylormade R1 Rip Phenom 65g
Callaway X 21* /Cobra Amp Cell 17*
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw KBS tour 120
Mizuno mp-t4 55* 60*
Taylormade Ghost Manta 34"
Bridgestone B330s

[quote name='timbo08' timestamp='1405282291' post='9692577']
One thing I have heard with fake grips before is that they don't smell like "fresh rubber", more of a smokey or paint smell. Here is a good thread with high def/up close pics of fakes vs. real ones.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/619106-fake-golf-pride-new-decade-multicompound-grips/page__st__60"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ps/page__st__60[/url]
[/quote]

These definitely have a rubber smell to them like a tire rubber smell. Thanks! Its hard to compare these to the NDMC girps because these don't have the cord in them.

I've done abit of research on fake NDMC's. I can say that 1 of the signs to look for in a fake is the seam alignment. Yours do not align. Another sign is the cord appearance, on fakes it's more sporadic and less symmetrical. Yours appear to have no cord but this NDMC didn't even exist when I did my research and may not have any cord. I can't say 100% real or fake from these photo's. I for 1 would be extremely skeptical of a 2 feedback seller and the price you paid.

Thanks for your feedback! Its hard to tell if these are counterfeit or not. I tried doing some research and these grips came out in 2008 from a review some guy posted on the internet. Here's one picture of them from the review and the link:

http://www.sandbox8.com/2008/10/19/golf-pride-2008-grips-review/

img_17301.jpg

Thanks for your feedback! Its hard to tell if these are counterfeit or not. I tried doing some research and these grips came out in 2008 from a review some guy posted on the internet. Here's one picture of them from the review and the link:

http://www.sandbox8....8-grips-review/

img_17301.jpg

That appears real to me, is that one of the ones you bought or..

Taylormade R1 Rip Phenom 65g
Callaway X 21* /Cobra Amp Cell 17*
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw KBS tour 120
Mizuno mp-t4 55* 60*
Taylormade Ghost Manta 34"
Bridgestone B330s

http://www.sandbox8....8-grips-review/

img_17301.jpg

That appears real to me, is that one of the ones you bought or..

That picture is from a review online back in 2008 lol not mine

99% fake.

The end cap exhibits the tell-tale signs of a fake. The lettering is sloppy (especially the "Patriot"). And the seller you bought from looks like any other counterfeiter account. They joined eBay in May and have 75% feedback out of 4 and a 2 rating. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just take your money and run. The stock photo they used is of real grips though.

Why would Golf Pride do anything for you? You bought fake grips from an unauthorized source. They don't owe you anything.

[quote name='prorobo' timestamp='1405288700' post='9692979']
99% fake.

The end cap exhibits the tell-tale signs of a fake. The lettering is sloppy (especially the "Patriot"). And the seller you bought from looks like any other counterfeiter account. They joined eBay in May and have 75% feedback out of 4 and a 2 rating. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just take your money and run. The stock photo they used is of real grips though.

Why would Golf Pride do anything for you? You bought fake grips from an unauthorized source. They don't owe you anything.
[/quote]

Thanks for your feedback.

99% fake.

[/quote]

All you need to do is look a number of ebay sales 2, zero chance of being real.

[quote name='lilalstar2001' timestamp='1405292911' post='9693365']
[quote name='gmangolf' timestamp='1405292684' post='9693341']
I'm not an expert but the combo of the lettering with the details of the seller would have me worried. I'd go back through eBay and try to get your money back.
[/quote]

Thanks! I'm going to get on it ASAP!!
[/quote]

I totally agree with this - there are way too many inconsistencies on these grips. I've had them before and the ones you bought look nothing them.

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

• 1 month later...

There are tons of counterfeit Golf Pride Grips on Ebay. I bought some and they actually look very close to real but they are not and I filed a complaint and was refunded within 2 hours of my complaint and the seller pulled all of the listings he had for GP grips.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G430 21 Fairway , Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

99% fake.

[/quote]

I agree 100%. I had these on my irons for two years and yours looks way off. I do not recall the lettering on the top looking like that at all, and also the grip details where the red white and blue come together looks different as well. Unfortunately I do think you have some counterfeit grips

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='HateTheHighDraw' timestamp='1410088778' post='10078619']
I think those are legit. Its a older model grip that's no longer in production from golf pride. Hard to imagine someone sitting on counterfeits of them for that long.
[/quote]

Counterfeiters don't follow strict production run schedules like the legitimate manufacturers. These could have been shoddily made this year for all we know. As long as there are people willing to buy them on AliExpress and eBay, the counterfeiters will keep selling them.

The counterfeit grips I purchased feel like crap. They are not tacky and the cord is not rough like the genuine article.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G430 21 Fairway , Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x