2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Wager...

Pigems

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422578736' post='10844983']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422577559' post='10844843']
[size=3][color=#000000]A club building blunder.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I purchased an oil filled heater to keep me warm in the garage. I’m in the middle of pulling a head with my heat gun and everything goes dark in the garage. I’ve checked my panel and there isn’t a thrown breaker. I’m turned the main breaker off and on. I still have no power. What’s worse; the fridge is not working either. Any clue what I might be dealing with here? Other than a headache and a set of heads that I can’t pull and shafts that I can’t prep.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Here’s a positive . . . I haven’t lost my Internet connection and can still visit my WRX brothers and sisters : )[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]PS – the PeanutsMommy is stressed so please help me troubleshoot.[/color][/size]

[/quote]

PD, what parts of the house do and dont have power?? Did you click on and off all of the individual breaker switches?? Sometimes they dont quite look like there tripped but they are. If all the breakers are in the on position and your still not getting power its possible that the breaker itself "broke", it doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen sometimes. In which case a quick call to the electrician and bobs your Uncle. Let me Know if theres anything I can do to help out, maybe its just something simple.
[/quote]
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422579043' post='10845027']
Pigs,

I flipped every breaker one at a time and then the main breaker. I thought it might be a trippered plug but can't find one. Totally bamboozled.
[/quote]

How old is the house versus the breaker panel? In essence, if it's a newer panel, and the entire house wasn't rewired at the same time, is it possible an older conductor, or an older-style fuse has gone bad? It may not be obvious as far as it's location... just a thought.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they all match now, except irons and wedges. I'm not completely done yet, but they're close. Not sure if I'll keep this color but it works for now. I'm kinda thinking yellow maybe instead.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1422580523' post='10845235']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422578736' post='10844983']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422577559' post='10844843']
[size=3][color=#000000]A club building blunder.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I purchased an oil filled heater to keep me warm in the garage. I’m in the middle of pulling a head with my heat gun and everything goes dark in the garage. I’ve checked my panel and there isn’t a thrown breaker. I’m turned the main breaker off and on. I still have no power. What’s worse; the fridge is not working either. Any clue what I might be dealing with here? Other than a headache and a set of heads that I can’t pull and shafts that I can’t prep.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Here’s a positive . . . I haven’t lost my Internet connection and can still visit my WRX brothers and sisters : )[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]PS – the PeanutsMommy is stressed so please help me troubleshoot.[/color][/size]

[/quote]

PD, what parts of the house do and dont have power?? Did you click on and off all of the individual breaker switches?? Sometimes they dont quite look like there tripped but they are. If all the breakers are in the on position and your still not getting power its possible that the breaker itself "broke", it doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen sometimes. In which case a quick call to the electrician and bobs your Uncle. Let me Know if theres anything I can do to help out, maybe its just something simple.
[/quote]
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422579043' post='10845027']
Pigs,

I flipped every breaker one at a time and then the main breaker. I thought it might be a trippered plug but can't find one. Totally bamboozled.
[/quote]

How old is the house versus the breaker panel? In essence, if it's a newer panel, and the entire house wasn't rewired at the same time, is it possible an older conductor, or an older-style fuse has gone bad? It may not be obvious as far as it's location... just a thought.
[/quote]

I had the basement gutted, new copper wire run and the breaker box reworked two years ago. Now that the kids are asleep I'm going to try to pinpoint the problem. If I go to bed clueless (quite the possibility) I'll call an electrician tomorrow. I don't fool around with electricity.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I'd go black in the channel of the clubs Pigs. A 'murdered' kind of look.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422582958' post='10845555']
I'd go black in the channel of the clubs Pigs. A 'murdered' kind of look.
[/quote]

That was my original thought. Most likely where I will wind up eventually as well lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

That's what I'm talking about Pigs. Works well with the orange accents as well. Easy to keep clean. No muss, no fuss.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Well I played Pebble Beach tonight, well I should say I grinded my way around the course to arrive at a final tally of 80. I didn't really do anything good tonight, not consistently anyways. Definitely struck the fairways better at the shorter length. But playing only once a week is no way to groove/maintain a swing, I need spring to come so I can get out to the range and get to the soccer field for short game practice.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422669014' post='10853249']
Well I played Pebble Beach tonight, well I should say I grinded my way around the course to arrive at a final tally of 80. I didn't really do anything good tonight, not consistently anyways. Definitely struck the fairways better at the shorter length. But playing only once a week is no way to groove/maintain a swing, I need spring to come so I can get out to the range and get to the soccer field for short game practice.
[/quote]

Bet you would have beat Eldrick Woods head to head chipping today and your gross was better.

Speaking of "PB", did you hear anything more from PD on his power situation? Thinking of you PD!

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1422670201' post='10853355']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422669014' post='10853249']
[/quote]

Bet you would have beat Eldrick Woods head to head chipping today and your gross was better.

Speaking of "PB", did you hear anything more from PD on his power situation? Thinking of you PD!
[/quote]

Anything is possible ;)

Haven't heard back from PD yet, he must have got power back and is knee deep in building his friends clubs I'm thinking :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[size=3][color=#222222]Ladies and gents,[/color]

[color=#222222]Thank you for your electrical assistance last night. I had an electrician at my house for three hours this evening attempting to pinpoint my issue(s).[/color]

[color=#222222]Here's what I now know:[/color]

[color=#222222]1) I didn’t trip a breaker and all of my breakers are fully functional.[/color]

[color=#222222]2) I didn’t trip a GFI and the GFI in the kitchen is not a part of the problem.[/color]

[color=#222222]3) My fridge, garage and kitchen lights are all on the same (overloaded) breaker.[/color]

[color=#222222]4) There is a ‘dead’ aluminum wire in the wall that needs to be replaced to complete the circuit and restore power to my fridge and garage.[/color]

[color=#222222]5) I’m claustrophobic. I had to crawl across the rafters in my attic (through the insulation), on my belly, with about 2 feet of clearance. I thought I was going to die as I reached the location of the electrical box 30 feet away. I began to hyperventilate and had to retreat. [/color]

[color=#222222]Here’s what I have to do:[/color]

[color=#222222]1) Run new wire from the panel to the fridge (the electrician is recommending that I put the fridge on a separate breaker, which I believe is a good idea).[/color]

[color=#222222]Here’s my challenge:[/color]

[color=#222222]1) I must punch holes in my recently finished, dry walled ceiling then run the wires. [/color]

[color=#222222]So . . . my garage is without power and my fridge is plugged into another outlet for the foreseeable future .[/color][/size]

[size=3]Just keeping you all 'in the loop' : )[/size]

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Pigs,

I had pulled one head last night and already had the shaft tips prepped. I traveled to a friend's house this evening and cut the butt end of the shaft to length so that I could finish the club. Two of the 6 clubs are now fully built and the 4 shafts are prepped and ready to go. I should have the clubs finished by Sunday evening, but I need daylight so I can work in the garage without any lights. I will run extension cords from the house if I have to, but should be able to pull the heads with a torch and shaft puller.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1422673928' post='10853725']
Limited knowledge of marine wiring came in handly. ;)

Good luck with the rewiring project! Hopefully it will go smoothly and the necessary repairs will be minimal!
[/quote]

I'm off on a parental leave in March so I will 'dive in' when I have extended time.

Thank you for the information and well wishes.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Any questions you may have feel free to PM me PD, if I can't help I have a friend who is an experienced electrician that I can ask questions if you get stuck. Let me know if there is anything I can do sir :)

How long a drive is it from Halifax to To Ontarioland?? lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422675277' post='10853899']
Any questions you may have feel free to PM me PD, if I can't help I have a friend who is an experienced electrician that I can ask questions if you get stuck. Let me know if there is anything I can do sir :)

How long a drive is it from Halifax to To Ontarioland?? lol
[/quote]

Thank you for the offer Pigs. You feel so close, but we know you are half a country away. : )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

PD, i know you said last night that you wouldn't be doing electrical yourself, but are you considering delving?

Or maybe you are just going the punching holes for the electrician to do the hook-ups?

Besides the safety for your family, for insurance if there was any fire and it was found wiring was done other than by a licensed electrician, you would be up a stump.

Sorry to sound harsh, but to wimp at my concern would be a disservice to you.

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1422676398' post='10854037']
PD, i know you said last night that you wouldn't be doing electrical yourself, but are you considering delving?

Or maybe you are just going the punching holes for the electrician to do the hook-ups?

Besides the safety for your family, for insurance if there was any fire and it was found wiring was done other than by a licensed electrician, you would be up a stump.

[/quote]

I'm fairly handy but I don't mess with difficult electrical projects. Install a light, change a plug, I can handle those tasks. Work with an electrical box, install breakers, running wires, I'll leave those tasks to the experts.

I do agree, last thing I want to do is burn down my house.

True story, my family home was destroyed by fire when I was in my early 20s. I'm cautious.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[/quote]

Solid advise right there. I'll change light fixtures, plugs, light switches, thermostats and other small electrical devices at work myself. But anything involving the breaker box and beyond is where I call in the professionals.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422677274' post='10854171']

[/quote]

I'm fairly handy but I don't mess with difficult electrical projects. Install a light, change a plug, I can handle those tasks. Work with an electrical box, install breakers, running wires, I'll leave those tasks to the experts.

I do agree, last thing I want to do is burn down my house.

True story, my family home was destroyed by fire when I was in my early 20s. I'm cautious.
[/quote]

I live in a house that has wiring left with the old paper insulation... I feel your pain, and share your fears :scare2::russian_roulette:

Somehow my average went down after last night, I had a good score drop off the back end so it should have went up I thought. Who knows but I'll take it lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422718677' post='10856149']
Somehow my average went down after last night, I had a good score drop off the back end so it should have went up I thought. Who knows but I'll take it lol.
[/quote]
My buddy and I may finally try out the Golzon near here next Thursday. And, no, I won't be posting my score. lol

Always learning,

I finished the 6 iron build last night and was ready for a grip installation this morning. I strung and electrical cord from the house to the garage so I could fill my compressor and away I went. Installing the grip on the 6 iron was not a problem, but I had to remove the 7 iron grip to add two more wraps of tape and that's when the fun began. The grip was not budging, so I tried to rotate it slightly with my hands while applying air. In an instant I had a massive balloon within the grip (not using a tube for protection). I used a needle to 'pop' the grip and it was a standard installation from there.

This has been a trying build to this point. My desire to produce a winner is leading to a few headaches. The 6 iron is 1/4" too long, so I'm going to have to pull the head tomorrow and start the build over. I'll have to pull the grip, change the swing weight and reinstall the head.

Fun stuff. Makes me feel for the teenager that's slapping clubs together at my local Golf Town.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*