(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423023533' post='10881125']
Dreadful, it looked similar to Bayern's infamous 1999 final's jersey too if you know what I mean... worked in our favour!

A good thing we won today too, next round is quarter finals?
[/quote]
Hope scousers get beat tonight.....come on Bolton!

I agree with your gripe regarding Rooney's position, who else would you trust to add some more security to the worst defense i have seen at OT in twenty years.
Phil Jones couldn't read a Lady Bird Book let alone the attacking nous of premiership strikers, he is always on the wrong foot hence the injuries, jumps like a tin of salmon for a big lad, i would make him wear a tutu he needs to man up some, IMO, but we cant solely blame him.

Rooney must play up top or no 10, drop van persie who's been dross all season and play herreria for cry out load....a midfielder who can pass and tackle, yet rather play a forward there!? But blind has been quality, and you're right about Jones, awful player and hopefully soon back at Blackburn next season

[quote name='Ghost_Orchid' timestamp='1423344073' post='10907269']
Tottenham looked good today. Kane is in the zone right now, should definitely get a call up.
[/quote]

Spurs better wake the f-up and stop with this 'new' contract of £30,000 a week before he gets tempted with a £100,000+ week offer from another club.

However, I'm 99% sure they know what they are doing.

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1423325092' post='10905691']
Rooney must play up top or no 10, drop van persie who's been dross all season and play herreria for cry out load....a midfielder who can pass and tackle, yet rather play a forward there!? But blind has been quality, and you're right about Jones, awful player and hopefully soon back at Blackburn next season
[/quote]

Mate I'm worried about today's game. I have a bad feeling about West Ham giving us a s*** game, but since we are wearing the away White kit, I'm sure we can make it a draw somehow.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423397131' post='10910341']
[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1423325092' post='10905691']
[/quote]

Mate I'm worried about today's game. I have a bad feeling about West Ham giving us a s*** game, but since we are wearing the away White kit, I'm sure we can make it a draw somehow.
[/quote]
Would take a draw right now, 1-1 would be a good result.....United are a poor team at the moment with too many players playing dreadful stuff. In reality van persie, Mata and rooney should not be starting as they've been rotten all season. But they'll play and di Maria seriously needs to buck up or go to psg, which I suspected he wanted all along

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1423419791' post='10911727']
So yeah... a draw. Thanks to Blind.
An entire match has been totally and completely awful. DeGea is the only bright spot the whole game.
Rooney is an eyesore in the midfield, and there are better choices than Januzaj damit!
[/quote]
My feelings too, was awful to watch but I thought felliani had a good 15 minutes and created chances. But the 2 statues of falcao and van persie were a disgrace. Wilson plays United win with those chances, and di Maria, my God you can tell he wants to be at psg....dire and uninterested as usual....rather young played. And rooney, well United have destroyed him, awful midfield player and lost upfront....needs to leave for the good of his career.......glad I can't go on Wednesday but me dad ain't looking forward to another dire performance

52925043.jpg

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1423419791' post='10911727']
So yeah... a draw. Thanks to Blind.
An entire match has been totally and completely awful. DeGea is the only bright spot the whole game.
Rooney is an eyesore in the midfield, and there are better choices than Januzaj damit!
[/quote]

Januzaj should've gone on loan to PSG to get more playing time. All he does here is run the ball to the opponents or shoot, want him to pass? Dream on.

Felliani and Blind have been great.

That reminded me of a Fergie-time finish yesterday. You could almost see it coming.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1423424364' post='10912121']
My feelings too, was awful to watch but I thought felliani had a good 15 minutes and created chances. But the 2 statues of falcao and van persie were a disgrace. Wilson plays United win with those chances, and di Maria, my God you can tell he wants to be at psg....dire and uninterested as usual....rather young played. And rooney, well United have destroyed him, awful midfield player and lost upfront....needs to leave for the good of his career.......glad I can't go on Wednesday but me dad ain't looking forward to another dire performance
[/quote]
Di Maria, i just don't know what has gotten into him, a few match when he'd just transfered were great, then injuries, then this bleh performance.
Rooney, i agree with you , might as well join Alan Smith in a great-forward-ruined-by-midfield-position club. What a waste.
Falcao, I have always been his fan but he should have converted that chance. Good thing he is on loan, English football may not be suitable for him (ala Forlan or Veron) or the injury has done him in. Either way, we still got a choice to not sign him.
Van Persie is probably the one replaced by Rooney up top.
[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423481342' post='10915995']
Januzaj should've gone on loan to PSG to get more playing time. All he does here is run the ball to the opponents or shoot, want him to pass? Dream on.

Felliani and Blind have been great.[/quote]
Both are great, Blind deserves his starting XI position, and Fellaini is in good form right now.

Januzaj, though, is turning in to Nani, and i don't want to see that. Going to PSG won't increase his playing time, IMO, he has to compete with the likes of , who's at PSG now, Cavani and Lavezzi? Besides, with the way he's playing now, i think he will be skinned by Zlatan Imbrahimovic lol.

[quote name='KarstenK' timestamp='1423526632' post='10920541']
That reminded me of a Fergie-time finish yesterday. You could almost see it coming.
[/quote]
That last 15-20 minutes of direct football and crazy attacking is very entertaining, they should have done this the whole match, since the defence sucks anyway, De Gea would probably have the same workload. They have to do this a lot more often though to remind me of "Fergie time".

Terrific game tonight. Reds rebounding well. Too bad we pissed away September-November. It's going to be a hell of a scramble for 4th.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*

[quote name='KarstenK' timestamp='1423613319' post='10927819']
Terrific game tonight. Reds rebounding well. Too bad we pissed away September-November. It's going to be a hell of a scramble for 4th.
[/quote]

The pressure is on United// Liverpool has suddenly recovered their form to great heights, same goes for Arsenal.
I just want Southampton to gtfo but they deserve to be where they are.

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1423575402' post='10923455']
[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1423424364' post='10912121']
[/quote]
Di Maria, i just don't know what has gotten into him, a few match when he'd just transfered were great, then injuries, then this bleh performance.
Rooney, i agree with you , might as well join Alan Smith in a great-forward-ruined-by-midfield-position club. What a waste.
[b]Falcao, I have always been his fan but he should have converted that chance. Good thing he is on loan, English football may not be suitable for him (ala Forlan or Veron) or the injury has done him in. Either way, we still got a choice to not sign him. [/b]
Van Persie is probably the one replaced by Rooney up top.
[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423481342' post='10915995']

Felliani and Blind have been great.[/quote]
Both are great, Blind deserves his starting XI position, and Fellaini is in good form right now.

Januzaj, though, is turning in to Nani, and i don't want to see that. Going to PSG won't increase his playing time, IMO, he has to compete with the likes of , who's at PSG now, Cavani and Lavezzi? Besides, with the way he's playing now, i think he will be skinned by Zlatan Imbrahimovic lol.

[quote name='KarstenK' timestamp='1423526632' post='10920541']
[/quote]
That last 15-20 minutes of direct football and crazy attacking is very entertaining, they should have done this the whole match, since the defence sucks anyway, De Gea would probably have the same workload. They have to do this a lot more often though to remind me of "Fergie time".
[/quote]

With regards to Falcao, if he lowers his wages or transfer fee then he would be a good placeholder of 2 more seasons. But what are the chances of Monaco and Mendes wanting to let that happen? Probably a better suited player for Juventus to be honest.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423630315' post='10929623']
[/quote]

The pressure is on United// Liverpool has suddenly recovered their form to great heights, same goes for Arsenal.
[/quote]

Going to be a crazy end to the season. Liverpool, United, Southampton, Arsenal, and Spurs all fighting for two spots and all within 3 points of each other at the moment.

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1423639293' post='10930025']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Going to be a crazy end to the season. Liverpool, United, Southampton, Arsenal, and Spurs all fighting for two spots and all within 3 points of each other at the moment.
[/quote]

Maybe Uefa should increase the UCL spots to top 5 clubs in the Premier League.

Then rename it to the 'Uefa Top Clubs League".

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423646269' post='10930135']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be nice. It's easily the strongest league top to bottom.

Btw, what was up with that Van Gaal press conference?....weird. Rare to see something get under a top club manager's skin like that.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*

cant go tonight and its not even on tv......radio it is then!!! Not done that for a while, but the line up is again is all over the place. What Herreria has to do to start is beyond me, but hoping that Im proved very wrong and United had a good win. One good thing, Paddy is starting at right back again, was quality there last week!

Chelsea just beat Everton with a Willian screamer at the death. Cech proved today he's still world class, won't be surprised if he starts against PSG next week. These are the types of games we'd draw or lose last year, completely different team this time around. Most importantly still top of the league!

Manage to get a Canadian link for the game but how on earth did United go 2-1 up at half time. That is the worse United performance I've seen since Big Ron's days back in 86......it was awful! Much improved 2nd half, but my god the front 2 are woeful again, ronney isn't a midfield player at all and if I go on about evans, I'll be here all friggin night! God knows what me dad was saying tonight at the match.....glad I wasn't around to be honest ha ha

[quote name='KarstenK' timestamp='1423667608' post='10931011']
[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1423646269' post='10930135']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be nice. It's easily the strongest league top to bottom.

Btw, what was up with that Van Gaal press conference?....weird. Rare to see something get under a top club manager's skin like that.
[/quote]

He was pretty much saying "all you armchair fans can f*** off, I'm the real expert here".
It's like he's starting to lose it with his sheet of 'facts'.

I still want him around though because he puts the media where they belong.

LVG: "Wazz your opinion?"

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1423692412' post='10933841']
Manage to get a Canadian link for the game but how on earth did United go 2-1 up at half time. That is the worse United performance I've seen since Big Ron's days back in 86......it was awful! Much improved 2nd half, but my god the front 2 are woeful again, ronney isn't a midfield player at all and if I go on about evans, I'll be here all friggin night! God knows what me dad was saying tonight at the match.....glad I wasn't around to be honest ha ha
[/quote]

We need to find 2 highly rated strikers for next season...