2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

As a United fan I'm too happy with a 3 - 0 win!! I am worried about their 2nd half performance though, it's all good and well having a 3 goal lead but the game is 90 minutes long not 45... They cannot perform with that 2nd half intensity against liverpool this coming weekend.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1426490571' post='11151579']
As a United fan I'm too happy with a 3 - 0 win!! I am worried about their 2nd half performance though, it's all good and well having a 3 goal lead but the game is 90 minutes long not 45... They cannot perform with that 2nd half intensity against liverpool this coming weekend.
[/quote]

I feel the same way too. Unless we have an iron clad defence, I'm not sure we can stop Liverpool. I hope Rojo can be fit before the next game. Also, as great as Fellaini is doing right now, he can't keep his awesome form. Btw, Rooney did fantastic.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1426493914' post='11151613']
[/quote]

I feel the same way too. Unless we have an iron clad defence, I'm not sure we can stop Liverpool. I hope Rojo can be fit before the next game. Also, as great as Fellaini is doing right now, he can't keep his awesome form. Btw, Rooney did fantastic.
[/quote]

100% agreed about the defence, Rojo needs to come back and we need a solid 4 in defence. I certainly hope Fellaini keeps his form, whenever he is on form United seem to have an edge, same with Rooney, he's got to keep his form/confidence going into the Liverpool game, it just seems to help the team get confidence.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1426497926' post='11151695']
[/quote]

[/quote]

100% agreed about the defence, Rojo needs to come back and we need a solid 4 in defence. I certainly hope Fellaini keeps his form, whenever he is on form United seem to have an edge, same with Rooney, he's got to keep his form/confidence going into the Liverpool game, it just seems to help the team get confidence.
[/quote]

I've figured it out, in order to keep Rooney in fighting form, he must be KO'd in a friend's kitchen every week as a good luck ritual.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1426499879' post='11151725']
[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1426497926' post='11151695']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've figured it out, in order to keep Rooney in fighting form, he must be KO'd in a friend's kitchen every week as a good luck ritual.
[/quote]
A bit picky on 2nd half, spurs offered nowt and its natural to sit back when 3-0, United controlled the game. After the twoddle I've watched this season I ain't complaining. Sunday is a different matter, take a draw right now but United never play well at anfield even in our real hey day United mainly lost at anfield. Carrick is the difference, he plays so does Mata which means Rooney plays up top, usually means United play miles better

Man I want to know what Sanchez did to that Ref to deserve the beating that he took without any calls. That yellow in the box was absurd!

As an Arsenal fan I was disappointed with the result, but if they should have taken care of business at home. Mertesaker looks like a lumbering Ogre and I'm not sure how Ozil continues to find his way into the starting XI.

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1426643296' post='11163789']
Man I want to know what Sanchez did to that Ref to deserve the beating that he took without any calls. That yellow in the box was absurd!

As an Arsenal fan I was disappointed with the result, but if they should have taken care of business at home. Mertesaker looks like a lumbering Ogre and I'm not sure how Ozil continues to find his way into the starting XI.
[/quote]

I agree, Arsenal should have done better in the first leg. Why Wenger didn't try hard to sign Victor Valdes remains a mystery. Despite his age, he is still a fantastic keeper and would have most likely kept some of those Monaco goals at bay. Only 1 English team remaining... Our rivals Manchester City.

[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1426599468' post='11159059']
I threw all 3 of my Barca shirts in the garbage when they signed Suarez. Not even kidding, straight in the trash.
[/quote]

I found that transfer oddly under hyped. I know he was going to be a typical Barca signing one way or the other, but in the media it just happened, no drag no nothing.
Funny how he never popped into the Real Madrid notice board.

He's an excellent player regardless of his on field controversies.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1426649338' post='11164409']

[/quote]

I agree, Arsenal should have done better in the first leg. Why Wenger didn't try hard to sign Victor Valdes remains a mystery. Despite his age, he is still a fantastic keeper and would have most likely kept some of those Monaco goals at bay. Only 1 English team remaining... Our rivals Manchester City.
[/quote]
It's scary how well Arsenal is doing despite their lack of great keeper and striker (ie. Podolski and/or Giroud). It gives me shudder just to think what would happen if Arsenal's bid for Suarez was successful!

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1426679942' post='11165229']

[/quote]

[/quote]
It's scary how well Arsenal is doing despite their lack of great keeper and striker (ie. Podolski and/or Giroud). It gives me shudder just to think what would happen if Arsenal's bid for Suarez was successful!
[/quote]

It seems to me that most of the time one or two are attacking for Arsenal and the others are watching (Ozil). I try to remain positive, but its hard when you see that they could be so great if they made just a few changes.

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1426660453' post='11164819']
[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1426599468' post='11159059']
I threw all 3 of my Barca shirts in the garbage when they signed Suarez. Not even kidding, straight in the trash.
[/quote]

I found that transfer oddly under hyped. I know he was going to be a typical Barca signing one way or the other, but in the media it just happened, no drag no nothing.
Funny how he never popped into the Real Madrid notice board.

He's an excellent player regardless of his on field controversies.
[/quote]

It wasn't under hyped in Liverpool. We knew he was leaving for almost a year. Maybe other folks didn't talk a ton about it because of the playing ban he was under after the WC. Top players in the EPL going to either Barca or RM has become an annual event.

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1426697463' post='11166917']
That was the worst penalty shootout I've ever seen
[/quote]

Yep, Leverkusen really blew it.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

And I shudder to think if Sanchez would have agreed to come to Liverpool instead of London this year where Liverpool would be.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*

Barca are through. Brilliant performance, Hart and the rest of the Barcelona squad was superb. Both keepers did excellent.This is a Barca side I see having the potential to go all the way. Along with Bayern.Dark horses would be Juventus.

Man City (without Hart), would have conceded more. What happened to them? I don't think Bony is ready for the big stage yet.

So, the following teams have made it through to the Champions League Quarter finals.

[b]Germany:[/b]
Bayern Munich

[b]Spain:[/b]
Atlético Madrid
F.C Barcelona
Real Madrid C.F

[b]Italy:[/b]
Juventus

[b]France:[/b]
PSG

[b]Monaco:[/b]
Monaco FC

Wish they get on with the fucken draw for the quarter finals, or have a route pre-selected like in the World Cup.

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1426753901' post='11171689']
Tevez' first goal was absolutely insane. Classic screamer out of the blue
[/quote]
I wonder where he will go after Juve. It seems like he always perform regardless of the team/league he is on.

[quote name='KarstenK' timestamp='1426715005' post='11168845']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

And I shudder to think if Sanchez would have agreed to come to Liverpool instead of London this year where Liverpool would be.
[/quote]
Whatever the price, A. Sanchez would be a better buy than Balotelli.

oh god yes. The Balo move was a panic buy after they didn't get any of their striker targets. I wish he would work out, but the guy is static and Liverpool's offence is based on speed and movement.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*

Tevez said he was going back to South America to play for Boca to close out his career next. $$$$$ could change his mind I bet. That goal was awesome.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*