Lead Wrist Extension? Or The Opposite?

PingG10guy

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1417574669' post='10534351']
Wow, this mayo stuff keeps getting weirder and weirder. I hope all of those who defended mayo are seeing this stuff now, seems like maybe he didn't deserve to be defended and all the rest of us were right all along. That Facebook post where he threatened jeffy is nothing short of insane, [b]how could mayo think it was a good idea to do that?[/b]
[/quote]

Probably hasn't had someone inform him so he could explain the ramifications of such a thing.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='FrankLinnear' timestamp='1417572842' post='10534167']
Mayo is another associated with that bunch of world class biomechanists and research scientists . He is also has trouble with the truth . Do some fact finding and this guy was starting golf 5 years ago . Lead wrist extension is simply a move iniated at a certain point on the downswing for short arcing high balls . Fair bit more to it though and that's what Ogrady does . He teaches the how , when and why and not some fairytale like the director of instruction at TPC summerlin claim

Another Joseph Mayo "fun fact"...
Bored?

Google "director of instruction TPC Summerlin Joesph Mayo" and see how many hits come up. Then, call up TPC Summerlin and ask for the "director of instruction". The main number is (702) 256-0111.

I just did, and was directed to the pro shop, where I spoke to Toni. When I asked to speak to the "director of instruction", she said Mike Messner is the head professional and manages the club's instruction staff. She added that there is also instruction available from "Waite-Mayo" ("the gentleman from there teaches Aimpoint") but they are independent contractors, not club employees.

You can't make this stuff up!

Jeff
[/quote]

I don't quite get it....does this mean he's actually not the DOI for that facility at all? It is quite odd that when you google his name there's no link to the facility or any official title coming up...

[quote name='PutterKilledTheDream' timestamp='1417584982' post='10535027']
Mayo is another associated with that bunch of world class biomechanists and research scientists . He is also has trouble with the truth . Do some fact finding and this guy was starting golf 5 years ago . Lead wrist extension is simply a move iniated at a certain point on the downswing for short arcing high balls . Fair bit more to it though and that's what Ogrady does . He teaches the how , when and why and not some fairytale like the director of instruction at TPC summerlin claim

Bored?

Google "director of instruction TPC Summerlin Joesph Mayo" and see how many hits come up. Then, call up TPC Summerlin and ask for the "director of instruction". The main number is (702) 256-0111.

I just did, and was directed to the pro shop, where I spoke to Toni. When I asked to speak to the "director of instruction", she said Mike Messner is the head professional and manages the club's instruction staff. She added that there is also instruction available from "Waite-Mayo" ("the gentleman from there teaches Aimpoint") but they are independent contractors, not club employees.

Jeff
[/quote]

I don't quite get it....does this mean he's actually not the DOI for that facility at all? It is quite odd that when you google his name there's no link to the facility or any official title coming up...
[/quote]

According to the posted telephone conversation between Jeff Martin and a staff member at TPC he is not however on The Twitter he clearly presents himself as the Director of Instruction

https://mobile.twitter.com/trackmanmaestro

[quote name='FrankLinnear' timestamp='1417597288' post='10535347']

Bored?

Jeff
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the posted telephone conversation between Jeff Martin and a staff member at TPC he is not however on The Twitter he clearly presents himself as the Director of Instruction

[url="https://mobile.twitter.com/trackmanmaestro"]https://mobile.twitt...trackmanmaestro[/url]
[/quote]

Like you said Mike Messner is the Head Professional isn't that different from Director of Instruction? I have seen him teach in person and he and Grant had people striking the ball better and with more consistency. I do not know about stuff from 5 years back or what has been said currently but trying to seek understanding of the situation.

[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1417621988' post='10536243']

Bored?

Jeff
[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="https://mobile.twitter.com/trackmanmaestro"]https://mobile.twitt...trackmanmaestro[/url]
[/quote]

Like you said Mike Messner is the Head Professional isn't that different from Director of Instruction? I have seen him teach in person and he and Grant had people striking the ball better and with more consistency. I do not know about stuff from 5 years back or what has been said currently but trying to seek understanding of the situation.
[/quote]

I fear you might have trouble understanding the situation . I think it's very clear I didn't say anything about Messner , that was written by Jeff Martin and if you read it you will notice he stated Mayo was an independant contractor and not director of instruction . Whether it's factual or not can be sorted by a phone call

[quote name='FrankLinnear' timestamp='1417623735' post='10536397']
[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1417621988' post='10536243']

Bored?

Jeff
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I fear you might have trouble understanding the situation . I think it's very clear I didn't say anything about Messner , that was written by Jeff Martin and if you read it you will notice he stated Mayo was an independant contractor and not director of instruction . Whether it's factual or not can be sorted by a phone call
[/quote]

I didn't post to get into he said, she said was just asking if there is a difference between Head Professional and Director of Instruction. I see where people are rubbed the wrong way some one all ready answered that question. Your post said according to whom ever, Messner was said to be Head Pro I was making reference to that not "you" as an individual (Apologize for the confusion). That information did not change my fundamental question is there a difference between Head Pro and Director of Instruction? Is it possible to have both? Is he making people better? I again see where people are rubbed the wrong way.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1417035885' post='10507383']
Now I have seen some internet golf instructors go to crazy lengths to push a new idea...but Ive read some oddball stuff on something call "lead wrist extension" from twitter that seemed to pick up a brief quick following. Not really against the idea, I'm still getting a little jammed at P5 to be honest. Does anyone know what LWE is all about? At face value it sounds like some sophisticated flip (no offense). As a disclaimer Im not exactly a savant in multiple patterns so any info appreciated.
[/quote]

PingG I have researched this and found some references for the wrist conditions posted by drloomis Mayo a few years back . If you read them you will see he advocates holding the flying wedge which is maintaining right wrist bend or extension to hit high towering draws . This is the opposite of left wrist extension so I'm thinking the current video must be just a verbal mistake

Today, after months of struggling and just not "feeling it"....I finally had a breakthrough that I knew would come at some point. I would like to share what happened because I am certain it will help at least one of you reading this right now that are struggling with this method.

I have been golfing about a year and I was introduced to S&T about 10 months ago. I am a former professional volleyball player...6'6 235lbs....and sports have always come easy to me. I always knew I would someday learn this method and today I know I climbed a huge mountain that has had me stalled and somewhat disheartened. I have checked myself on video a zillion times and my address position was good....my tilts or lack thereof at address were good....ball position good....grip good....backswing with the standup and leftward tilt good....inside hand path with steep shoulder turn good....lateral slide of hips targetward good....flying wedge damn good. BUT....and dont ask me why...never before...until today....did I STAND UP in the downswing!!!! After watching the dvd's last night I decided that I must start standing up in the downswing. I have no idea why I have dodged this part of the move or why I have left it out. Today I didn't..........

Since beginning this system I have struggled with the block and push fade. I have posted many threads on these forums asking a multitude of questions...grabbing straws.....trying to diagnose the cause of the blocks and pushes. Here is what I learned.....when I stand up in the downswing....the hips release from forward flexion. They continue to turn and move laterally. The upper swing center can now stay put and the axis tilt that is gained from the hips continuing to move laterally is amazing. Before today I didnt stand up. I didnt get out of forward flexion. My hip turn became "jammed"....my pivot stalled or became severely hindered. Further, because the hips were locked...they couldnt continue moving targetward which means my axis was limited in its tilt....the upper center would move forward....and all of this translates into a low ballflight. It also means blocks and pushes. However....today...the more and faster I stood up....the more I thrusted....THE HIGHER THE BALLFLIGHT WENT!!!! it was truly amazing to see! Further.....I LEARNED THAT WHEN THE HIPS GET OUT OF FLEXION AND CONTINUE TO TURN BY STANDING UP....THE CLUB WILL GRADUALLY CLOSE AND RELEASE ON THE CIRCLE. THE PUSH DRAW MAGICALLY APPEARS!!!! THE BLOCKS AND PUSHES WERE A FUNCTION OF A LOCKED HIP TURN AND STAYING IN FORWARD FLEXION TOO LONG!!!

With ZERO practice swings....I took my friend's Callaway Steelhead 3 wood. I dropped 5 balls on the ground. I proceeded to hit 5 of the MOST SOLID....towering high push draws you have ever seen. The ball was flying as high as a 6 iron. My two friends were shocked and in awe. I swear....the more I thrusted and stood up...the faster my pivot was and the more tilt I gained and the higher and further it flew. I then did the same thing with his 10.5* Taylor Made Burner driver. Amazing.........

The bottom line is this.....for all of you struggling with the blocks/pushes and ESPECIALLY with the low ballflight... please consider this post. Trust me...stand up....as weird as it sounds....and thrust the pelvis. For me it has simply opened the floodgates. I cant wait to practice tomorrow. With this post I hope I have helped someone get better.........

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:34 PM
It doesnt work for drivers if you do not.....set up with 5* of tilt....stand up and thrust as hard as you like in the downswing.....and hold the flying wedge!!!!!

If you do those things.....the driver launches at 165 mph ball speed.....at 13*....and goes over 300 yards.....and the sweet spot gets beaten off the club. I am proof of it.........

The flat left wrist is devastating the Tour though and ruining careers right and left.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='FrankLinnear' timestamp='1418136439' post='10566817']
Now I have seen some internet golf instructors go to crazy lengths to push a new idea...but Ive read some oddball stuff on something call "lead wrist extension" from twitter that seemed to pick up a brief quick following. Not really against the idea, I'm still getting a little jammed at P5 to be honest. Does anyone know what LWE is all about? At face value it sounds like some sophisticated flip (no offense). As a disclaimer Im not exactly a savant in multiple patterns so any info appreciated.
[/quote]

PingG I have researched this and found some references for the wrist conditions posted by drloomis Mayo a few years back . If you read them you will see he advocates holding the flying wedge which is maintaining right wrist bend or extension to hit high towering draws . This is the opposite of left wrist extension so I'm thinking the current video must be just a verbal mistake

Today, after months of struggling and just not "feeling it"....I finally had a breakthrough that I knew would come at some point. I would like to share what happened because I am certain it will help at least one of you reading this right now that are struggling with this method.

I have been golfing about a year and I was introduced to S&T about 10 months ago. I am a former professional volleyball player...6'6 235lbs....and sports have always come easy to me. I always knew I would someday learn this method and today I know I climbed a huge mountain that has had me stalled and somewhat disheartened. I have checked myself on video a zillion times and my address position was good....my tilts or lack thereof at address were good....ball position good....grip good....backswing with the standup and leftward tilt good....inside hand path with steep shoulder turn good....lateral slide of hips targetward good....flying wedge damn good. BUT....and dont ask me why...never before...until today....did I STAND UP in the downswing!!!! After watching the dvd's last night I decided that I must start standing up in the downswing. I have no idea why I have dodged this part of the move or why I have left it out. Today I didn't..........

Since beginning this system I have struggled with the block and push fade. I have posted many threads on these forums asking a multitude of questions...grabbing straws.....trying to diagnose the cause of the blocks and pushes. Here is what I learned.....when I stand up in the downswing....the hips release from forward flexion. They continue to turn and move laterally. The upper swing center can now stay put and the axis tilt that is gained from the hips continuing to move laterally is amazing. Before today I didnt stand up. I didnt get out of forward flexion. My hip turn became "jammed"....my pivot stalled or became severely hindered. Further, because the hips were locked...they couldnt continue moving targetward which means my axis was limited in its tilt....the upper center would move forward....and all of this translates into a low ballflight. It also means blocks and pushes. However....today...the more and faster I stood up....the more I thrusted....THE HIGHER THE BALLFLIGHT WENT!!!! it was truly amazing to see! Further.....I LEARNED THAT WHEN THE HIPS GET OUT OF FLEXION AND CONTINUE TO TURN BY STANDING UP....THE CLUB WILL GRADUALLY CLOSE AND RELEASE ON THE CIRCLE. THE PUSH DRAW MAGICALLY APPEARS!!!! THE BLOCKS AND PUSHES WERE A FUNCTION OF A LOCKED HIP TURN AND STAYING IN FORWARD FLEXION TOO LONG!!!

With ZERO practice swings....I took my friend's Callaway Steelhead 3 wood. I dropped 5 balls on the ground. I proceeded to hit 5 of the MOST SOLID....towering high push draws you have ever seen. The ball was flying as high as a 6 iron. My two friends were shocked and in awe. I swear....the more I thrusted and stood up...the faster my pivot was and the more tilt I gained and the higher and further it flew. I then did the same thing with his 10.5* Taylor Made Burner driver. Amazing.........

The bottom line is this.....for all of you struggling with the blocks/pushes and ESPECIALLY with the low ballflight... please consider this post. Trust me...stand up....as weird as it sounds....and thrust the pelvis. For me it has simply opened the floodgates. I cant wait to practice tomorrow. With this post I hope I have helped someone get better.........

It doesnt work for drivers if you do not.....set up with 5* of tilt....stand up and thrust as hard as you like in the downswing.....and hold the flying wedge!!!!!

If you do those things.....the driver launches at 165 mph ball speed.....at 13*....and goes over 300 yards.....and the sweet spot gets beaten off the club. I am proof of it.........
[/quote]

The Maestro isn't allowed to contradict himself.....only the people he criticizes are.........

http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/golferdude69/Increasing%20angle%20of%20attack%20w-%20driver_zpsept1kz1w.mp4

@whats - that has to be him demonstrating what not do correct? He is probably showing a Tour player what is ruining the Tour?

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1418159120' post='10568559']
That looks like something right out of the SnT playbook. It actually looks like a rip off of a DD video, but you all can see the Ramifucations of it being filtered through a the Eye of a MORON. (all puns intended)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSkhj1upLY&list=UUDxhsZ6Vx8T-CuWtjBhqKCQ"]https://www.youtube....x8T-CuWtjBhqKCQ[/url]
[/quote]

Like you said hes trying to teach the SnT crap. Heres a vid from the guys behind the 5SK when they were stack n tilt. Steep and block city with that swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuikUmHeEQ&list=PLFD9BCC0B456F039E&index=5

That looks like something right out of the SnT playbook. It actually looks like a rip off of a DD video, but you all can see the Ramifucations of it being filtered through a the Eye of a MORON. (all puns intended)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSkhj1upLY&list=UUDxhsZ6Vx8T-CuWtjBhqKCQ"]https://www.youtube....x8T-CuWtjBhqKCQ[/url]
[/quote]

Do you think we will see any repent from the ramifier Mr. Joseph Mayo the Trackman Maestro for ramifying the golfing world with his wishy washy stance on instruction?

So what does this say about all those trying to zero out a bowed left wrist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFJTq7Cww0&sns=em

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='PutterKilledTheDream' timestamp='1418165554' post='10568973']
Karch Karay's 'lead wrist extension' revelation must have happened very recently.....because that YES and NO pic from that 3rd rate online golf instruction site wasn't made very long ago. Must have been all that one on one time he spent down in Shrivaport.
[/quote]

It's Kiraly. I will not allow desecration of a fellow Bruin.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1418165890' post='10569001']
[quote name='PutterKilledTheDream' timestamp='1418165554' post='10568973']
Karch Karay's 'lead wrist extension' revelation must have happened very recently.....because that YES and NO pic from that 3rd rate online golf instruction site wasn't made very long ago. Must have been all that one on one time he spent down in Shrivaport.
[/quote]

It's Kiraly. I will not allow desecration of a fellow Bruin.
[/quote]
autocorrect good sir. Yes he played on the same beach circuit as the Maestro.

[quote name='Redjeep83' timestamp='1418161741' post='10568697']

[/quote]

Like you said hes trying to teach the SnT crap. Heres a vid from the guys behind the 5SK when they were stack n tilt. Steep and block city with that swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuikUmHeEQ&list=PLFD9BCC0B456F039E&index=5
[/quote]
Perfect example of WHY all the SnT camp guys jumped ship and relabeled/repackaged. A mythical professional beach volleyball player/cart barn attendant/ poker pro? comes out of the woodworks with a magic orange box and convinces these guys how important 'hitting up' is and explains this little known concept called the D Plane.Science shows the ball flies further this way, everybody puts on a new costume, and the Maestro is born. The end.

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1418151504' post='10568051']
[quote name='FrankLinnear' timestamp='1418136439' post='10566817']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Maestro isn't allowed to contradict himself.....only the people he criticizes are.........

http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/golferdude69/Increasing%20angle%20of%20attack%20w-%20driver_zpsept1kz1w.mp4
[/quote]

I'm not understanding this . He's demonstrating long arcing and claiming he hits high towering push draws . Is this Plummer and Bennett information that got corkscrewed from Ogrady .