Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

I have over 50 rounds and numerous range session and my sensors have never come loose. I agree with 'golfetc' that it may be your grips. I have 3 different brands... No problems.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dritac are my main grips also except a couple new clubs. All will have new Dritacs next season.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

So, I bought it. Very nice technology. After one round, only issues with detection were:
- on 2-3 holes, less putts than I actually did, even if I was hitting every putt, no gimmies. Maybe if the ball is barely touched (very fast greens) it does not detect it?
- one wedge close approach a few yards from the green, I did not land on the green, so I had to do a second wedge shot, but it counted only one shot. Perhaps in this cases I should turn the club up and down again before the next shot so it resets the sensor?

Adding gimmie putts is very easy, adding penalties instead should be more streamlined.

The only other problem is that in the web interface the map of the holes of my course do not show up (there is just a black background), however the maps are ok in the iphone app. Does any one experienced this problem?

I have gotten the black background on a couple rounds. If you are experiencing this for all your rounds I would email them. They are very fast to response.
As far as your shots not registering; Putts you need to address normally. No walk up and tap in. The wedge shot not registering is probably because it was within 5 yards. That is so multiple swings within the same vicinity aren't recorded as strokes. Like if you take a practice swing and hit the ground. Only the last swing is recorded. In cases like yours you need to "add" a swing. You'll learn when to check for that.

[quote name='MSchad' timestamp='1445964423' post='12513430']
I have gotten the black background on a couple rounds. If you are experiencing this for all your rounds I would email them. They are very fast to response.
As far as your shots not registering; Putts you need to address normally. No walk up and tap in. The wedge shot not registering is probably because it was within 5 yards. That is so multiple swings within the same vicinity aren't recorded as strokes. Like if you take a practice swing and hit the ground. Only the last swing is recorded. In cases like yours you need to "add" a swing. You'll learn when to check for that.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I contacted them, and they have uploaded the maps; still, it's strange that their system does not do it automatically, maybe it's because I am the first one who has used it in that course

For the missed detections second wedge shots, I guess it's easier to add a penalty or take a note and adding it at home.

[quote name='YossarianPaso' timestamp='1445992550' post='12515928']
For the missed detections second wedge shots, I guess it's easier to add a penalty or take a note and adding it at home.[/quote]
When that happens to me, I usually just add them after the round. Not really hard to remember or add them. If we have to wait on the next tee I will do it then. Only takes about a minute.

I was one of the 5 lucky winners of the recent Arccos giveaway on Wrx and received my sensors this past Friday. I couldn't be happier with my initial experience with this system. I found installing and setting up the 14 sensors to be super easy. I already carry an iPhone 6 in my back pocket when I play, so that was a non-issue for me. Both of my local courses were available in the Arccos app which was great. I simply hit the start round button before teeing off on the first hole, put the phone in my pocket and played golf. I did check the app a couple of times just to make sure it was on the same hole I was playing, but other than that, really didn't interact with it at all until after I had finished my round. In reviewing my round, I did delete one phantom putt and added a couple of gimmies on holes were I had picked up short putts rather than putting out. I started the round with 100% charge on my phone and finished with 67%, which was better than I expected. The ability to go back and review my shots for each hole and the wealth of statistics available after my round is fantastic. So far, I am really impressed with the system as it has exceeded all my expectations. I want to again thank Arccos and Wrx for the great gift and will report back more of my impressions once I get more experience using it.

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1446501051' post='12542336']
I was one of the 5 lucky winners of the recent Arccos giveaway on Wrx and received my sensors this past Friday. I couldn't be happier with my initial experience with this system. I found installing and setting up the 14 sensors to be super easy. I already carry an iPhone 6 in my back pocket when I play, so that was a non-issue for me. Both of my local courses were available in the Arccos app which was great. I simply hit the start round button before teeing off on the first hole, put the phone in my pocket and played golf. I did check the app a couple of times just to make sure it was on the same hole I was playing, but other than that, really didn't interact with it at all until after I had finished my round. In reviewing my round, I did delete one phantom putt and added a couple of gimmies on holes were I had picked up short putts rather than putting out. I started the round with 100% charge on my phone and finished with 67%, which was better than I expected. The ability to go back and review my shots for each hole and the wealth of statistics available after my round is fantastic. So far, I am really impressed with the system as it has exceeded all my expectations. I want to again thank Arccos and Wrx for the great gift and will report back more of my impressions once I get more experience using it.
[/quote]
Chap, you can edit quite a bit of info post round if you want/need to. Say you chunked or bladed a 7i and don't want to include that distance in your overall stats....go into the app and select do not include on that specific shot and you are good to go. I try to do stuff like that when I can remember to since one of the goals of my use of Arccos is to help better gap my clubs.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1446568752' post='12545954']
Thanks for the tip. That answers one of my needs as I wondered if there was a way to remove my really poor shots or even intentional half shots so I can get a better handle on my average distances for each club.
[/quote]

No problem. I had to delete more than a couple drives from today :( Also, if you take a penalty for something like a water ball, if you add the penalty onto the drive it will auto exclude that distance from your stats.

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58

There are a couple of ways to delete a specific shot stat. If you are on a specific round and looking at a specific hole you've played and want to delete the distance for that shot you can do it there or go to the clubs tab at bottom and it will show stats for each club. Tap on the green bar and it will bring up more stats for that individual club then swipe to the left and it will show individual shots for that club just tap that green bar and it will remove the distance for that shot. That way if you have multiple shots you want to remove from multiple rounds it's easiest to do it that way.

If you ever have courses that aren't right or a course hasn't been scanned yet on Arccos just scan a copy of the scorecard and email it to them and they will get all the tees labeled correctly. It helps them and everyone else that plays the course later to have it correct.

The issue with the black page where the GPS map of the course should be when looking at the Dashboard page on your computer has happened to me a couple of times also. I just email them and they have it fixed pretty quickly.

I guess issues like this are to be expected with new technology devices, part of being an early adopter I guess.

I've used mine for 5 or 6 rounds now and haven't had too many problems. Only missing a putt here or there and occasionally adding extra putts. I actually had them send me an email after a round because the system noticed I had deleted a few putts. Thats pretty good customer service! The putter sensor is the most sensitive and I guess I'm clumsy although they did mention being careful tamping down ball marks or dropping your club, etc.

I would like to see the ability to input comments for the round and name the clubs paired as I tend to switch out individual clubs often. I don't want to un-pair a club and lose all the previous stats for my driver while testing another one.

And I wish it would show 50 more yards or so on my driver stats....

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915 D3 9.5* [/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915F 16.5*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915F 21*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP-5 4-PW[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Vokey TVD 53* / 58*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Queen B model 6[/size][/font][/color]

during my second round with Arccos I noticed that it was recording 2 putts in every hole. After a while I realized the putt sensor was not working, so the system was defaulting to 2 putts (which would have improved my scorecard...)
At home I replaced the battery, and now it seems to work (which is strange since I bought it brand new, and the charge on the remaining sensors was full), which brings the question: do you guys know what wakes up the sensors and draws the battery? Is it just the position of the club, or the position AND the app active on a round? I keep the clubs horizontal in the trunk of my car, maybe that's the reason?
I know there is a sleep mode, but I think you have to activate it for each individual club.

[quote name='YossarianPaso' timestamp='1446667306' post='12552894']
during my second round with Arccos I noticed that it was recording 2 putts in every hole. After a while I realized the putt sensor was not working, so the system was defaulting to 2 putts (which would have improved my scorecard...)
At home I replaced the battery, and now it seems to work (which is strange since I bought it brand new, and the charge on the remaining sensors was full), which brings the question: do you guys know what wakes up the sensors and draws the battery? Is it just the position of the club, or the position AND the app active on a round? I keep the clubs horizontal in the trunk of my car, maybe that's the reason?
I know there is a sleep mode, but I think you have to activate it for each individual club.
[/quote]

My putter sensor failed to pair and corrected when I replaced the battery. Since then, it usually doesn't detect putts reliably and often will go half the round picking up nothing and half the round just adding two putts per green. I sent off an email to the company and they are shipping me a new sensor to replace this one...pretty awesome customer service!

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58

It is really nice to finally see this thread getting activity. Keep up the postings!! They are fun to read and informative/helpful for those just getting started with Arccos.

New Arccos App Update this morning. They've added new editing features, an "Update Shot Details", "Advance Putt Editing" where you can edit the location of your first putt and the position of the flag. Also a new way to add and remove putts with a putt toggle.

I'm going to play today in the sloppy weather today and try out the new updates, I also get to try the new Titleist "Test Balls" I got a couple of days ago.

[quote name='wingfoot64' timestamp='1446732679' post='12556198']
New Arccos App Update this morning. They've added new editing features, an "Update Shot Details", "Advance Putt Editing" where you can edit the location of your first putt and the position of the flag. Also a new way to add and remove putts with a putt toggle.

I'm going to play today in the sloppy weather today and try out the new updates, I also get to try the new Titleist "Test Balls" I got a couple of days ago.
[/quote]

Can't wait to try these new features Saturday. I sent them suggestions about Pinpointing where the flag is before the first putt and track your putts each time for distance. Glad they made it. I'm sure other people thought of this as well. Can't wait to see stats on putts made 1-5ft, 5-10ft, 10-15ft. Just like PGA! Sad that its the end of season ish for NYC.

That sounds great. Can't wait to check them out.

Just checked it out. WOW!!
Talk about a huge huge leap in functionality! Editing is amazingly simple; adding, removing. I've really been waiting for the ability to change fairway hit/miss without dragging. Arccos is so far ahead of their competition now.

Yeah, these are steps that seem like the logical step forward to make the tracking much more accurate. Glad to see it being done. I'll be checking it out on saturday for sure.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Played my second round using Arccos this morning. The changes to the app make it dead simple to add putts and edit shots. Played in the rain today and really didn't fiddle with my iPhone at all to keep it from getting wet. Only had to add a couple of gimmies and somehow missed a tee shot on a par 3 that I had to add. I also noticed that my phone was still at 75% charge after 18 holes. Wonder if the upgraded app also reduces battery usage. Anyway still very happy with this system.

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1446842981' post='12562696']
Played my second round using Arccos this morning. The changes to the app make it dead simple to add putts and edit shots. Played in the rain today and really didn't fiddle with my iPhone at all to keep it from getting wet. Only had to add a couple of gimmies and somehow missed a tee shot on a par 3 that I had to add. I also noticed that my phone was still at 75% charge after 18 holes. Wonder if the upgraded app also reduces battery usage. Anyway still very happy with this system.
[/quote]

Yes, it did say that the upgrade will use less of the battery. That's pretty awesome that you still had 75% left. I'm glad I didn't sell mine now. I thought about it and waiting for the next generation, but Arccos seems to already be stepping up to the plate. Their customer service is awesome as well.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1446842981' post='12562696']
[/quote]

Yes, the reduced battery update was included and it really reduced it significantly. I had around 70% left after my first round with the new update, that was a very nice addition. That is going to come in handy on those 36 hole days.

[quote name='GMH' timestamp='1446652902' post='12551740']

[/quote]

This made me laugh. One of the things I notice when I play with others or tell them about the stats is their refusal to believe the distances. It can certainly be a shot to the ego to pipe one down the middle and see that it only went 245. I am averaging about 240 off the tee which I already knew but when I play with others who are around my same length, they all insist it must be wrong because they average 260- 270.

Many don't understand the concept of average, that you need to take the bad drives with the good. Most consider that the distance when they hit it the most pure is their average.

It really just struck me as funny how some folks can't accept the reality. I think it may be an issue for adoption of the technology.

I have only logged a couple of rounds with Arccos, but am already learning some useful lessons. My average distances are around 10 yards shorter than what I have been using to decide clubs and 80% of my misses are short of the green. Based on this limited input, I am taking an extra club until my ball striking catches up to my unrealistic yardage expectations.

[quote name='golfetc' timestamp='1447023056' post='12571380']
[quote name='GMH' timestamp='1446652902' post='12551740']
[/quote]

This made me laugh.

It really just struck me as funny how some folks can't accept the reality. I think it may be an issue for adoption of the technology.
[/quote]

It was meant to be funny.

The reality is I don't hit it as far as I think I do and the stats bear that out. That's probably true for most of us amateurs.

I would hope that someone doesn't give up on the application / technology because the stats provide numbers that they don't like and instead they will use it to improve their game and make that extra 50 yards a possibility.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915 D3 9.5* [/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915F 16.5*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Titleist 915F 21*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP-5 4-PW[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Vokey TVD 53* / 58*[/size][/font][/color]<br />[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Queen B model 6[/size][/font][/color]