Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are. I saw a posting in the "Game a Golf vs Arccos" thread that they were a beta tester. You might want to contact Arccos support if you are interested. They are extremely fast to respond.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I received an invite in late October to apply for beta testing and signed all the non-disclosure agreements and committed to playing at least 2 times/week in the next couple of months. I will be playing in a winter charity league so that isn't a problem so long as the snow and/or rain isn't too bad :-) I also have one of the Android phones they wanted to test.

Unfortunately, I have heard nothing more from Arccos. They said they would send out a free Arccos system to those selected.

Will try and contact Arccos today, but since I am in Germany, they probably won't send a unit out to me. (Extra delivery time, etc). Shouldn't be a problem mapping my course, as some people in Europe have apparently bought these units from the USA and I know they have EU Certification for the Arccos system.

BHB1

I have been playing with the demo account and it looks really nice.

One question I hoped someone could help me with is, is there a screen I am missing where I can see a scorecard for a course that shows my averages (score/putts) for every hole on one screen. I have seen that when I am on a specific hole I can see my average for that hole but I wanted to see all holes on one screen when possible.

Thanks

Dave

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1447230919' post='12583184']
I have been playing with the demo account and it looks really nice.

One question I hoped someone could help me with is, is there a screen I am missing where I can see a scorecard for a course that shows my averages (score/putts) for every hole on one screen. I have seen that when I am on a specific hole I can see my average for that hole but I wanted to see all holes on one screen when possible.

Thanks

Dave
[/quote]

If you go to your computer and log in on the dashboard page and when you are looking at a specific hole it will give you all your stats for that hole. It has a small tab at the bottom of the GPS picture, "view hole history" click on that and it will show every shot you've played on that hole and all the stats you could probably want.

I played another round using Arccos today. It was very windy (20-25 mph). It really skews club distances playing in that much wind. I'm trying to decide how best to include distance data from this round. Do any of you remove shots in windy conditions from your club averages? Is it possible to annotate shots in windy conditions?

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1447468449' post='12596862']
I played another round using Arccos today. It was very windy (20-25 mph). It really skews club distances playing in that much wind. I'm trying to decide how best to include distance data from this round. Do any of you remove shots in windy conditions from your club averages? Is it possible to annotate shots in windy conditions?
[/quote]

I'd probably just remove them from the stats. It's going to be one of the limitations of it unfortunately.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1447628200' post='12602800']
Apparently the update to iPhone version 1.4 has changed or eliminated the ability to remove shots from stats as before. Has anyone figured out how to do this?
[/quote]

I ran into the same issue. Go to Player, then Settings. If you turn off "Show Smart Distance" you'll be able to remove shots again.

[quote name='CliveBixby' timestamp='1447690336' post='12605408']
[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1447628200' post='12602800']
Apparently the update to iPhone version 1.4 has changed or eliminated the ability to remove shots from stats as before. Has anyone figured out how to do this?
[/quote]

I ran into the same issue. Go to Player, then Settings. If you turn off "Show Smart Distance" you'll be able to remove shots again.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I don't think I would have figured that out on my own.

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1447468449' post='12596862']
[/quote]

It's always windy in Oklahoma. If I deleted with and against wind shots, I'd delete all of them. I figure it'll all average out in the end, and I'm seeing it do that thus far. I just delete the obviously bad shots (chunk shots, snap hook drivers, etc). I also factor in that shots into the wind will cut distance more than shots with the wind will add...lose 20y into and gain 10 with during a say 10 mph wind.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

Interesting email from Arccos after playing this morning. We are in the off season (scores don't count for handicap) here in New England. This coupled with lots of leaves and pine needles on our greens, results in my group of golfing buddies being pretty liberal with gimmies. After adjusting my putts in Arccos after today's round to account for 7-8 gimmies, I got an email from Arccos letting me know the Arccos server had detected an abnormal number of added putts and reminding me of the proper procedures for using Arccos on the putting green. They also provided me with their customer service number and encouraged me to give them a call if I felt I was having any technical issues. That is some great proactive customer service from Arccos. Needless to say, I am becoming more impressed with the system the more I use it.

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1447881762' post='12616436']
Interesting email from Arccos after playing this morning. We are in the off season (scores don't count for handicap) here in New England. This coupled with lots of leaves and pine needles on our greens, results in my group of golfing buddies being pretty liberal with gimmies. After adjusting my putts in Arccos after today's round to account for 7-8 gimmies, I got an email from Arccos letting me know the Arccos server had detected an abnormal number of added putts and reminding me of the proper procedures for using Arccos on the putting green. They also provided me with their customer service number and encouraged me to give them a call if I felt I was having any technical issues. That is some great proactive customer service from Arccos. Needless to say, I am becoming more impressed with the system the more I use it.
[/quote]

That is pretty awesome that they would detect that and send the mail. I'm glad I made the choice of Arccos over Game Golf.

As for the previous post about $250. That's pretty good. I found mine on ebay for $200, but it was an open box "new".

TM Spider X

Messed with some today....anyone else interested in the fact that you just added 10 grams of weight to the end of your club ?(counterbalancing)

I hit it really well today with these on my clubs....made me think some about counterbalancing.

Anyone else play well with these installed...like better than normal?
Thoughts?

I haven't really noticed much of a club head feel difference after installing the 11 gram sensors. It seems like there must be an effect on the Swingweight. I would be interested in understanding what the true effect is of adding the weight above the hands. I assume this would be different than simply adding a grip that is 11 grams heavier, which I think in theory should reduce the Swing weight by 5 pts or so.

[quote name='Arb8889' timestamp='1448366938' post='12639372']Great idea, poor execution, ended up manually entering everything which was a pain[/quote]sound more like operator error to be honest otherwise this thread would be full of the same complaints.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1448481904' post='12645888']
To those that are using this' what features do you like and dislike? Do you use up data using this? How much battery life did you use in a round? I'm I missing something but does it not show how many ft you are from the flag on approach shots?
[/quote]

Bob, I haven't put too many rounds on Arccos (5-6) but here are a few things that I like so far:
1. Monitoring distances of how long you are hitting your shots. Their new "smart distance" feature automatically excludes outliers from your stats and gives you a better average for how long you hit each club.
2. GPS maps of the course (not unique to this product, I know)
3. Auto shot tracking, which I have found to be very accurate and with minimal extra shots recorded.
4. I haven't played since the update but I am looking forward to using the new feature for better tracking distances to the pin, etc. You may try messing around with it a bit, searching their tutorials online, or sending them an email as they usually respond pretty fast.
5. Online stats showing you each facet of the game and how it individually influences your handicap.
6. Unlike your earlier post, I can't feel any weight from the sensors at all

EXTRA STUFF: Their customer service is fantastic. I had issues with my putter not detecting putts consistently and they popped a new sensor in the mail no problem. I also have sent a dozen emails asking questions, needing a course mapped, etc and they are always fairly quick to respond. After our last string of emails, they asked if they could do a phone conference and ask questions about my thoughts of the product. We ended up talking about 45 minutes on how they are trying to continually improve the product so it is as user friendly as possible.

Battery life: I think it used about 40% last time. I think if you use its rangefinder options on each shot you may use more battery life, maybe. I typically check my phone between shots if walking or between holes if riding to verify everything is good to go with the previous hole. I have a laser rangefinder which I use most of the time. However, the Arccos rangefinder map is nice if you are looking for distances to carry hazards or to cut a corner.

Hope that helps!

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1448481904' post='12645888']
To those that are using this' what features do you like and dislike? Do you use up data using this? How much battery life did you use in a round? I'm I missing something but does it not show how many ft you are from the flag on approach shots?
[/quote]

I agree with the points of teamacacia. My favorite is #5: you build up automatically a record of your golf results, you see the little achievements (longest driver, lowest score on a certain hole, etc), overall the feedback gives that sense of slow continuous improvement that other devices give in other sports, like the running apps.
The gps works as goods as my GolfBuddy Voice for distances, with the addition that I can see the entire map of the hole.
I am not a golfer good enough to feel the difference in the weight, the length of the device makes the grip look longer, so it may induce you to change the position where you grip the club, but I think you can get used soon.
Tracking of the shots works well, I look at the the screen once per hole (it takes the same time it would take to write a number in the scorecard), and other than gimmies I may need to add a missed put in 1 or 2 holes in the entire round, that's it.

The only negative point for me is that there has been a few occasions where the battery inside the device went from fully charged to depleted without any intense use. They offered me to replace the sensors, but I am not sure it's related to faulty devices, more likely the sensor may wake up because I use the club but then somehow it fails to go back to sleep. As I said before I keep the clubs horizontal in the car, and their customer service told me that they wake up when they are 15 degrees from horizontal.

[quote name='chapinc' timestamp='1449342530' post='12684458']
We have transitioned to the winter season at my local course here in New England. I have decided to remove my Arccos sensors until the spring. Do I need to do anything special, like remove the sensor batteries, or can I just put the sensors back in the box they came in for storage?
[/quote]

I was wondering about this as well. Because technically when the sensor is in the up position, it is active. That's why they say to carry your clubs grip down until you hit.

But they are also triggered by vibration. So I assume that as long as they are in the box and don't move, you'll be fine.

TM Spider X

Hi All,

I recently made the transition from GameGolf to Arccos and now have two rounds in place. So far I am very happy as it is all worked out of the box without any problems at all.

However, I had a couple of daft questions if possible about the data that it is presenting to me on the rounds. Hopefully someone here with more experience can explain to me what I am missing

In both rounds I played a little 9 hole course near me and on both scored 5 over par which fits my current handicap of 8,9. My questions are

a) why does it show my overall handicap as being 0,9 on the dashboard
b) is there somewhere that I should store my actual current handicap as it often talks about comparing my actual putting/chipping results against my actual handicap
c) in one round I had 17 putts and my hcp for putting was listed as being 30.0+ where as in the other round I had 15 putts and got +0.1 - is there really such a difference for 2 putts?

Thanks for any help

Dave

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1449499337' post='12690226']
Hi All,

I recently made the transition from GameGolf to Arccos and now have two rounds in place. So far I am very happy as it is all worked out of the box without any problems at all.

However, I had a couple of daft questions if possible about the data that it is presenting to me on the rounds. Hopefully someone here with more experience can explain to me what I am missing

In both rounds I played a little 9 hole course near me and on both scored 5 over par which fits my current handicap of 8,9. My questions are

a) why does it show my overall handicap as being 0,9 on the dashboard
b) is there somewhere that I should store my actual current handicap as it often talks about comparing my actual putting/chipping results against my actual handicap
c) in one round I had 17 putts and my hcp for putting was listed as being 30.0+ where as in the other round I had 15 putts and got +0.1 - is there really such a difference for 2 putts?

Thanks for any help

Dave
[/quote]

what made you switch from game golf to this? i currently have game golf and i love the new strokes gained feature but have been intrigued by arccos since i heard about it.

I loved GameGolf but slowly got fed up with the lack of progress on the backend functionality. For instance things like the filtering options for the statistics needs to be greatly improved. It was also the introduction of the Strokes Gained that was the final straw for me. I was excited by the planned introduction of this and then saw that you can only get an average for the last 10 rounds.

The handling of this is much better in Arccos where I can see the figures for every round and every shot.

In a perfect world I would actually have the GameGolf HW and the Arccos SW/backend.

[quote name='Miker20890' timestamp='1449618269' post='12696712']

what made you switch from game golf to this? i currently have game golf and i love the new strokes gained feature but have been intrigued by arccos since i heard about it.
[/quote]

I also switched from GG to Arccos.
1) Not having to tap for each shot. Just couldn't get it built into my routine.
2) Courses where way off. All shots where always "North" of actual location by 20 yards.
3) And the biggest reason..... not having to use a computer to upload and edit. Everything can be done from the phone and is soooo much simpler and easy.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I used the Arccos web site's $50 holiday coupon to give myself one for Christmas. I played my first 9 holes with it today (in Milwaukee, in December - go figure). I think I am really going to like this tool/toy. I am the least techno savy person on the planet, but it was simple to set up, easy to use and the data will be fun to mull over. It was 45* with a howling wind and I would look at today's play as more of a shake down run than a true test of my expectations for numbers. Still, GIR, number of putts and fairways hit are even more interesting numbers to me than raw length data.

While I am in the habit of having my phone with me and turned to silent on the golf course it never leaves my pocket. Pulling it out to see numbers during a round seemed a little strange. I've historically played with a laser range finder and seeing distance to the front, center and back of the green was very useful. If when compared side by side laser numbers and Arccos numbers prove comparable I may be leaving the range finder at home.

If my initial experience proves accurate this is a really great product.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.