2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Best ever hole from tee-to-green?

SHERO

Had a very nice hole just today.
Mine was on a 432 yard par four with a 40 yard wide Fairway and bunkers both sides of the fairway from 210 yards to 270 yards right and left. I hit my drive super straight and equal in distance to the last bunker. The hole starts to dogleg left a bit from here with a group of trees to the left of the target. I hit a sweetly struck 7 iron into the 3 teered green with the pin being located on the second teer. They ball landed pin high a couple of feet right and bounced onto the third teer. It was one bounce before it ripped back to 6 foot. Putt went straight in the middle of the cup.

^^Not my only birdie of the day, but was my most perfect one for quite a while.

please feel free to tel me some of your stories that were great from tee to green. :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two birdies today, but my best holes were the ones where I made bogies out of sure triples. I'm an average golfer with about a 10-12 handicap who hits the ball well, but just makes alot of mental mistakes. Played a good round today shooting 10 over with only one double.

Best hole was a dogleg left par 4, 475 yards long. Tried to cut the corner off the tee, but hit it poorly, leaving it in the trees. Rather than opt for a miracle, I punched under the trees with a 3 iron to right in front of the green, then got up and down for par.

One of my birdie was from a fairway bunker, hitting a 9 iron to about 10 inches. Probably my best shot of the day. Thing had to have lipped given where the divot and ball were in relation to the hole. Would have loved to have had a 2 there.

nice stories!

i had a 480 yard par 5 dogleg left (i play a fade and have a very hard time drawing the ball) and drew the ball perfectly in the middle of the fairway. 5 wood to about 30 yards to the hole off the green. 60* pitch to about 6 or 7 feet. called out the putt for birdie and made it. that was my last perfectly executed hole, last week. golf seems so great after holes like these!

the other day i had the best 4 hole streak ever for me atleast. it was the final 4 hole i went birdie birdie bogey birdie. I had been putting shity all day i should have had another birdie a few hole back but i missed a 3 footer. but any ways i made a 3 ft'er for the first one the second one was a 15 ft'er from left to right put it right in the heart. the bogey i just messed up then the last hole was 350 down hill i drove it about 310 and then hit a wedge to 5 ft and drain'o. i still only shot 81 but after the last 4 holes it didnt matter.

JonnyB

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

I'll pick a recent one since this hole has been my nemesis for quite some time. A short par 5 at just under 500 but uphill, then flat, then way up again to the green. Huge bunker at 230 covering 80% of the fairway. Cleared the bunker with a slight draw with my 13* 3W leaving around 225-230 in. I picked a tree behind the green, aimed my 5W at it and hit a shot a pured shot that just never left it's line. Ufortunately it didn't stop and was just off the back edge. I chipped it to a foot and tapped in the birdie. Felt really good to hit those 2 clubs so well back to back and to reach a par 5 without even a driver off the tee.

Hole 10 @ Northern Bear Golf Course in Edmonton, Alberta.

540 yard par 5. Came off the front nine shooting a 42 doubling the 9th hole.

10 is a dogleg left with water down the left side for the last about 100 yards and to the left of the green.

I hit my drive to about 260 to the pin. dead center...I then hit my 3 wood (which at the time was a Taylor Made Raylor 17* with a DGX-100 shaft ewwwww) to about 5 feet just right of the pin, hit it high, stopped it with no roll, it was a perfect 3 wood shot. I then went on to make the putt for eagle.

From yesterday...

Playing #16 (double dogleg par 5...very reachable). I'd just gone bogie-par-bogie to quickly turn +1 into +3. Hit a good driver just left of the fairway (dogleg right but you want to be left to get over the trees if going in two). I had 215 to the middle but a front pin and hit a beautifully struck 4 iron that (according the partners that were watching for the green to clear...blind shot for me) hit about 5 yards short of the green and trickled up. I had a 3 footer that I rolled in for eagle. Back to +1 (doubled 18...back to +3 LOL).

Titleist TSR2 10*, Ventus Blue
Titleist TSR2 15*, Ventus Blue
Titleist TSR2 18*, GD IZ
Titleist T100s, 4-GW, PX
Vokey SM9 54, 58
Scotty Super Rat 1
Pro V1x

Several years ago when I was a pretty solid player. Par 4 10th, medium length dogleg left, green protected by water short and left. Other 3 players hit driver, and put them within 100 yards. I pulled 2i out, which was my preferred club on medium to short par 4's for the longest time. Guys lay in to me that I won't hit the big stick, I bet them each 10$ that I would outscore them on the hole. They all took the bet, as all three were within 100 yards, in the middle of the fairway. I hit 2-iron dead at the 150 stick, and it rolls up right behind it. I literally had to pull the 150 stick out of the ground to hit my next shot. I'm still away, so I have about 155 to the pin back left. I hit 7i that never left the flagstick, it landed 5 feet short, bounced once and rolled into the cup for an eagle. The green was visible from the next tee, and another tee on the front side, which were both full of waiting golfers, so I received a ovation from 11 people.

I've had some nice ones where I did everything right, but Sunday I had a hole where I did everything wrong and STILL came out with par. Par5 hole, kinda short (maybe 500)? Snap hooked my tee shot left, managed to catch a tree and have it bounce back into the fairway (pure luck!) right where the FW starts!! Fired my second one and watched it roll through the dogleg (got a bit too much of it). third shot was form the rough and I pushed it a bit, landing it on a massive mound between me and the green(I was at least 5 feet above the cup and only halfway up the mound). With an awful uphill lie in thick rough, I managed to pop a beauty of a shot with my lob, landing the ball before the cup and it rolled only a couple feet past. Knocked her in for par and got the heck away from that train wreck ;)

A recent one was last Saturday at my home course.

It's a hole I've eagled before but this one was just about perfect.

Driver right down the pipe. Middle of the fairway 290 (I SkyCaddied it).

I had 185 to the front edge and a front right pin kinda tucked behind a large bunker short right of the green. I hit a cut 5 iron that hit the flagstick and settled about 12 feet from the cup.

Slightly downhill putt snaked right in center cut.

I don't know mine, but I do know my younger brother's.

He played baseball for a while in high school and so can swing a stick, but golf really isn't his thing. I had taken him to the range once or twice prior to bringing him along on a trip to the course. That was his exposure to golf.

Anyway, up until hole 11, he really didn't have any good shots. Some of his drives (I took away his driver so ideally, he would have a little more control with a 3W) had some distance but would get lost in the forest. Approach shots were mostly rolled, chips would go nowhere or get skulled across the green, and 3 putting from 10 feet wasn't uncommon.

So, back to hole 11. He actually makes good contact with the 3W, gets ~230-240 yards out there and in the middle of the fairway. ~110 left, and I tell him to use a PW. He skulls the ball something awful, and it takes off on a 6 foot high line drive that would have landed OB 20 yards past the green except...it hits the pin, and just barely rolls off the green.

He's left with a 10 yard chip, which he actually connects with the one time that day and is left with an 8 foot or so downhill, sloping putt. He makes it!

I guess none of this is particularly impressive, it's just that he managed a par on his first round on the course, third time touching a set of sticks, and managed to string together his four best/luckiest shots of the day all on one hole. I carded a 6, and he still won't let me forget it.

I can't remember one specific hole that would rank as the best, but last fall I had back to back birdies. First was a par 5, hit a good drive. Laid up with a 9 iron then skulled a worm scorching SW within a foot and tapped in.

The Second birdie was a little more conventional. Blasted a drive down the middle and hit gap wedge to 5 feet and almost wet my pants while standing over the putt. It probably didn't help that my buddy kept reminding me that he had never seen me go birdie-birdie before. I followed that up with a par on the Par 5 17th after hitting my second shot from the wrong fairway...oops.

The best string of holes I have ever had...but hopefully not the best I will ever have...knock wood.

Had 2 good ones today. 190 yard par3, blind green, bunker infront that you have to fly. 6 iron to 4-5ft, sunk it for a 'magic 2'(get money for it :clapping:). Next hole; 480 yard par5, solid enough drive, a little cut in the semi rough. Good lie, 6 iron to the front, long way to go, easy 2 putt for my 4 ;) Shame about the double bogey down the next but yeah :P

I have had quite a few great holes played.

However, my best hole ever came about 1 1/2years after picking up the game.

The hole was a 150yrd par3, up hill to a very well bunkered green- You know where this is going....

(Back story) My friend and I played regularly and he knew I never made a birdie. I hit the ball very straight but had zero short game and non existant course management.

Anyway, twice that morning on the front 9 I had a 3 footer and 5 footer birdie that I missed as he would always walk up to me right as I was getting ready to put and whisper "this is for you first birdie!" As usual my mind raced ahead and I missed the putt - long on the 3 footer and left the 5 footer short.

How ticked off can you get. I was playing very well but no real scoring due to mental issues.

Back to the story... So we step up on the box. He tees off and hits a shot to about 5 feet. The guys starts the trash talking "Unlike you, I am not going to miss.. Take that... and so on.." I am brewing for a boil. I put my head down and focus.

I hit my shot straight at the pin and it looked good all the way. When we made it to the green after some searching my ball was found at the bottom of the cup!!!

I made my first Eagle before my first birdie and I didn't have to putt.

This is from the first hole at my home course (Norsk GC in Mount Horeb, WI). It is short, about 288 yards, par 4. Elevated tee, raised green with trees and bunker to the right of the green, and a fall-off at the back of the green. That day was pretty cool, about 40*F with misting rain and 5-10MPH winds. I hadn't been hitting my driver well at all that day, so I decided to hit 3-wood from the tee. I pushed and popped up my tee shot a bit so that it ended up in the rough to the right. The ball was sitting up, and I had a pine tree just in front of me. I had about 110 yards left from a side-hill lie, but the ball was sitting up pretty nicely. The only shot I could think of that would be any good was to bend a draw around the pine tree in front of me and have the ball land on the front of the green and leave me below the hole. Nice, easy swing, and the ball comes off the face perfectly. I knew I hit a good shot, but didn't know how good until I got to the green, finding my ball about four feet below the hole with a straight line to the cup. One putt later and I had a satisfying birdie.

There's a 384 yard par four at one of the courses I play. It's a short one with a slight dogleg right. About 280 out, there's a trap that runs all the way across the fairway that's about 6 feet wide. My drive usually ends up a few yards short of it. Recently I play and boomed a E6 right down the center. When I got to the ball it was about 25 yard past the trap leaving me a short wedge in. The flag was tuck in the back right corner and the green sloped left to right so I figured I'd play a safe shot to the center of the green and let it roll back towards the hole. Hit it right where I wanted and got to watch the ball trickle over into the hole! My first eagle ever.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

This is my only birdie of the year so far, so bear with me. It was on a 292 yard par 4, the opening hole at my course. I had just shot a 44 on the back nine, came to this hole, fired a pured drive straight down the middle to about 20-30 yards short of the pin. Poor planning left me with a flop shot off the fairway (since I couldn't really see the pin from the tee), and I hit it perfectly, pin high about 8 feet right (I didn't feel like going over the bunker because of my crappy play on my first 9 holes), and drained the putt. Finished the front 9 with a 38 for a total of 82... which is still my best score so far this year :russian_roulette:

Pebble Beach's 8th hole. Tee shot in the fairway, just after taking a three putt bogey on 7 and a double bogey on the sixth.

Here's where my approach shot landed with my 503H... with my caddy as a witness.

My caddy, "Rock", deserves a lot of credit for the shot and the idea for the second photo.

Yes, I did putt it out.

• 1 month later...

My best are when I save a hole which might have become a disaster.

Playing Tomson in Shanghai the week after the European tour were here I had to hit a narrow fairway dogleg left over trees; landing zone about 270. Failed to draw sufficiently and landed in bunker on far side of dog leg angle.

Nasty lie, close to lip, 180 to front pin, raised green, rocky stream 30 yards in front. Looked like I might just get a 6 iron over the lip and managed to stay with the shot even though I thought the ball might come back and bean me if I caught it even a tad thin.

Good contact; 20 feet to the pin (and very relieved). Lucky put drops for birdie. Something from nothing. Those are the best for me.

I did think about blasting out onto the fairway but not for long. I always try to go for what should be possible rather than what I know is easy. All about the challenge.

In a school tournament, I was playing like crap, and was +5 through 6. Par 5, pretty short, but I pull hooked my drive and it hit a fence, Stayed in a fairly hittable place. I was 220 out, and tried to hit a 3/4 punch type of 6 iron down the middle. Caught it really flush, but couldn't find the ball in the fairway afterwards. Come to find out the ball was ON THE GREEN, 15 short of the pin. I made the putt for eagle, and parred the last two holes for 39. Something from nothing!

Already posted but just thought of another AWESOME hole.

Par 5, 625 yards.

Hit a perfect drive, about 300 down the middle. Instead of hitting a wood, as it gets narrow from that point on, I hit a 7 iron, which should've been about 190, leaving me about 135 yards in. Instead I hit it off the heel, and put it way right, underneath a Huge, tall tree, 150 yards out. So I hit what was almost the perfect punch out, but it took a huge bounce left, and was 50 feet PAST the hole. As soon as i hit the putt I did one of those "you're an idiot!" dances and spun around all mad, because It should've blown STRAIGHT pass the hole, off the green. Ugliest putt ever. Somehow It hit the hole and miraculously fell in. Cool birdie on a long long hole.