2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Email just received about Golfshot

Golf season is off to a great start! This season will include a brand new release of Golfshot Classic, which in July will become Golfshot Plus.

All of your favorite Golfshot Classic features will be included in the new app at no additional cost to you. Golfshot Plus will include new features like Apple Watch support, fly over previews of each hole, GolfNow tee time booking, and a compelling, user-friendly design that works with all the latest phones, tablets, and wearables.

We welcome your questions, comments and feedback. Email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you! Sincerely,

The Shotzoom Team

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='robrey85' timestamp='1433423329' post='11687886']
What about it? I use Golfshot Pro, much. Better than the classic version.
[/quote]

Never used Golfshot Pro. Golfshot Pro is free [ongoing subscription rate I believe] while Golfshot Classic is $30 one time. So what does that tell you?

[quote name='chas521' timestamp='1433423826' post='11687952']
[/quote]

Never used Golfshot Pro. Golfshot Pro is free [ongoing subscription rate I believe] while Golfshot Classic is $30 one time. So what does that tell you?
[/quote]

I bought the classic version when I had the Android version. It was the only one they had at the time and I used it so much that when they released the Pro version, I got an unlimited subscription given to me for free. No need to use anything else from here out. I do wish it held more stats though. I had to create a spreadsheet on "Numbers" to get the stats I wanted.

[quote name='robrey85' timestamp='1433424737' post='11688042']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought the classic version when I had the Android version. It was the only one they had at the time and I used it so much that when they released the Pro version, I got an unlimited subscription given to me for free. No need to use anything else from here out. I do wish it held more stats though. I had to create a spreadsheet on "Numbers" to get the stats I wanted.
[/quote]

Thanks.

I think it's pretty simple.

When Golfshot came out they marketed the app as a one time fee of $29.99. Obviously there was no more opportunity to make more money from people who bought that version of the app. That was the major selling point- no annual fees

They then came out with Golfshot Pro ( after PGA TourCaddie, which lasted a year), with new stat features etc and they marketed it differently as being a new app and they could charge an annual fee of $29.99. I sent them an e-mail asking if they were going to keep updating the "classic" version and they responded "no" at the time. I still have that e-mail somewhere.

Some people thought this was unfair, they should not have to pay for a newer version so they continued using the classic version.

Obviously the dynamics have changed because now Golfshot sells tee times via GolfNow just like other apps do. It's an opportnity for them to go back and update the classic version for all those people who refused to upgrade to the newer version because they were told it was a one time fee. Golfshot can update the Classic version and make money from people ( buying tee times) who they otherwise would not be able to get money from .

It makes complete sense.

[quote name='robrey85' timestamp='1433424737' post='11688042']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same here except on iOS. I use the newer app each round and its great. I may at some point upgrade to the Pro version...... only $9.95/year for me. I just wish they would change their club info at the top in the pro version. I am so used to seeing the yardage to the hole in the classic version that the pro version showing the suggested yardage off the tee with a club. But it is a great app.

To reduce the amount of time waking my iPhone (on courses I regularly play) I take my old GB Tour and leave it in the cart. Give my F/M/B on the hole. If I need a hazard yardage I just grab it off my iPhone. I do score on the app. Makes a perfect combo (for me).

• 1 month later...

[quote name='N54tt' timestamp='1436375146' post='11910686']
I don't get what the difference between Golfshot+ (classic) vs Golfshot gps is. Yeh one is free and the other is 30$ lifetime. BUT....If you already paid for classic...regardless of which app you use..when you sign in the apps look exactly that same.
[/quote]

yeah I'm confused as well

Epic Flash 10.5 Evenflow 6.0
Epic Flash 3 Wood Evenflow 6.0
Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland CBX 54 58
Cleveland Huntington Beach 11c

• 2 weeks later...

This update has myself and the rest of the 30 some odd golfers I know outraged. We all understand that the lifetime subscription is still free of charge. However it I far less user friendly. The color scheme is very faint, which when using the overhead view it seems difficult to decipher exactly where your moving the target. The 3d flyby is awful and also tough to view. The 1 touch power save mode has vanished. All in all we all wish that the classic version could be brought back, or at least have the option of either to be used. [attachment=2859000:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1437161129.010368.jpg][attachment=2859002:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1437161149.392847.jpg]

Another complaint is when targeting on the fairway, the view zooms in automatically making I tough to actually target what you desire. Please, can you just bring classic back!!

If you didn't update through your computer, chances are the old app is still in your iTunes. If so, you can delete the new app from your phone and re-install the old one from you computer. That's what I did and I'm glad I did. Don't like the new interface and I don't use the scoring/stats/club suggestions at all.

App makers have a hard time leaving a good product alone...

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

[quote name='Rasser75' timestamp='1437227215' post='11972348']
[quote name='Locutusoforc' timestamp='1437180431' post='11969700']
not a big fan of the new version either, i think im gonna go back to the old one if I can manage to make it work
[/quote]

Any alternatives to Golfshot? After upgrading, i want to quit Golfshot and find another App.
[/quote]

What kind of phone do you have -Android or iPhone?

[quote name='Skeeter' timestamp='1437448085' post='11989908']
Details? Delete app off of phone then connect to CPU?
[/quote]

Yes. See post 11 above. Make sure you check the version on your computer before you delete the app off your phone. You'll likely need to go in and reset your settings after you re-install.

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

If you have an iPhone this might work for getting back the old Classic. First, I think you need to be in a WiFi zone to go online not just any area where you go online using data. Go to the icon "App Store", when it comes up click on "update" [bottom right], go to "purchased" up top, then click "not on this phone", scroll to Golfshot. Make sure it's not the new + version but the old Classic. If it's good then click the cloud with the down arrow next to it to install.

Hope it works.

[quote name='Locutusoforc' timestamp='1437603026' post='12002286']I saved the .ipa file of the old version, but im not sure if the authorization for the app purchase is built into that.
I could send/upload it if anyone needs it[/quote]

Absolutely! If you could email it over to me that would be great. I may need some tech support from you as well haha. I can try get some of my buddies back onto the classic version ! [email protected]

[quote name='Rasser75' timestamp='1437227215' post='11972348']
[quote name='Locutusoforc' timestamp='1437180431' post='11969700']
not a big fan of the new version either, i think im gonna go back to the old one if I can manage to make it work
[/quote]

Any alternatives to Golfshot? After upgrading, i want to quit Golfshot and find another App.
[/quote]

I got the Hole 19 app after seeing someone promoting it on this site. Seems to work pretty well for me. I sometimes question the accuracy of the gps as I sometimes get conflicting numbers from the gps and on course markings but its been a pretty good resource thus far. Looking to see if there is something out there just a little bit better though. I have a buddy who has the golfshot app he brings on his ipad to the course and he likes it a lot. Looks good but don't know if its the pro version or classic or what.

I have used the Golfshot app with my Windows Phone for several years and typically found it to be pretty good. However this year, maybe because of the updates, several functions don't work as well. The GPS is pretty slow and my handicap can only really be looked at on line and not on the phone. I had better luck with Shotly Golf until they went out of business, especially with the handicap function. Overall a pretty good product but I'm reluctant to upgrade.