2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: New adidas Tour360 Boost Shoes Testing. 10 Members! Apply here!

HipCheck

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:[list]
[*][size=4]Peachtree City, GA[/size]
[*][size=4]How many rounds of golf do you play each month? 10+[/size]
[*][size=4]What’s in your current shoe brand/model of choice? Why? FJ Contour because they don't hurt my feet after I walk 18 holes.[/size]
[*][size=4]What is the most important factor in buying a shoe? Comfort is #1, but they must perform too.[/size]
[*][size=4]How do you discover new golf footwear products (i.e. social media, Tour, TV ads, etc)? Golf mags and golf web sites like WRX.[/size]
[*][size=4]Have you reviewed an items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes the Callaway Crome Soft ball about a year ago.[/size]
[*][size=4]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Tour360 Boost review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: [/size]
[list]
[*][size=4]quality photos[/size]
[*][size=4]full initial review[/size]
[*][size=4]continuing participation[/size]
[*][size=4]ongoing feedback through follow up posts. ABSOLUTELY![/size]
[/list][*][b][size=4]​Will you be able to play/test the shoe before the end of January (yes or no)? Yes, I play year round even in the cold and wet.[/size][/b]
[*][size=4]Finally, we have the essay portion of the application. Please why you'd like to review adidas Tour360 Boost shoes and how you'd review them.[/size]
[/list]
[size=4]I am always searching for shoes that are comfortable and perform well that are well suited to walking 18+ holes. I have tried many different shoes and my number one criteria is comfort, but many other factors are also important. Shoes should be waterproof, fairly light, be durable and provide good grip. I also want shoes that look good. I have mostly used FJ shoes recently, but I am interested in the Tour360 Boost shoes and would love to give them a try. Pick me and I will provide a fair and extensive evaluation.[/size]
[size=4]Thank you.[/size]

J40 430/9.5/ahina70//Ping i25/AD-DI7S
TEE CB3/13*//Wishon 949mc/18*
Titleist 913H/D 23*/ Diamana S+ Blue 82
Mizuno MP-52/5-9/DGS300
Scratch raw metal 1018 D/S 47, 52, 56, 62
Ping Redwood Anser or TearDrop TD-20

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Located - Vernon, CT, USA
8-10 rounds per month
Adidas Tour 360 M1 is my shoe of choice. They fit my narrow feet well unlike other brands
Fit is most important followed by comfort
I find out shoe news via Golfwrx and Social Media
I've never been chosen by Golfwrx to do a review surprisingly
I agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Tour360 Boost review thread
​Yes, I can review before The end of January

I would like to review the newest boost shoe because I have always worn adidas shoes but I feel the latest offerings have been mediocre. I have worn shoes that are are an older model that I bought new online because I felt the newest boost shoes of 2015 were wider and did not fit as well. I also have been skeptical of the boost material holding up in muddy New England conditions where the soil is not always dry and firm. I will review these shoes from all different perspectives. Walking a round, stability in the swing, and how they feel while putting. I will review the shoe on style, fit, comfort, performance, and target customer.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[list]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? Minneapolis, MN
[*]How many rounds of golf do you play each month? 20 (average 3-4 in the winter when traveling)
[*]What’s in your current shoe brand/model of choice? Why? Adidas Adipower Boost BOA. One of several in the rotation but my current favorites. Comfortable with good support.
[*]What is the most important factor in buying a shoe? Comfortability, weight and looks. Waterproofing is a given.
[*]How do you discover new golf footwear products (i.e. social media, Tour, TV ads, etc)? GolfWRX, GolfDigest, other social media
[*]Have you reviewed an items for GolfWRX before? Nope, never.
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Tour360 Boost review thread? Yes.
[*][b]​Will you be able to play/test the shoe before the end of January (yes or no)? Yes. In fact, I have a trip to Naples, FL, scheduled for the end of the month. 5-6 rounds in 4 days.[/b]
[*]Finally, we have the essay portion of the application. Please why you'd like to review adidas Tour360 Boost shoes and how you'd review them
[*][b]I'm kind of a shoe guy, I usually have anywhere from 7-10 shoes in the rotation, almost always a mix of Adidas and Nike. Currently I have two pairs of Adipower Boost BOAs, 1 pair of Tour 360 LTD's and 1 pair of Adipure 360's (oldie but a goodie) in the mix with a pair of Nike Lunar Mont Royals, a pair of TW 13's and a yet untouched pair of Nike LC4's. Adidas are usually my go to because of the comfort level and the sizing - it's hard to find 12.5 in many brands, which is my preferred size, although I usually wear 13 in Nike. I'm very interested in the Tour360 because it looks like it combines all my favorite parts of the previous generations of shoes together with what I really liked about the Adipower Boosts, the cushioning. I'm really looking forward to these shoes and will probably end up with multiple colors in my trunk if they live up to the hype[/b] :)
[/list]

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

[list]
[*]Where are you located (City, State - US Only Please)? [b]Charlotte, NC[/b]
[*]How many rounds of golf do you play each month? [b]8-10 rounds/ month[/b]
[*]What’s in your current shoe brand/model of choice? Why? [b]3 pairs of Adidas Adipower Boost, Love the Boost technology in my running shoes and had to get it for my golf shoes too...I regularly walk instead of ride. Boost is definitely the best technology on the market. [/b]
[*]What is the most important factor in buying a shoe? [b]Comfort and snug fit with material high enough into the ankle (for example, FJ Icons don't rise high enough in the ankle and correspondingly don't give enough support/stability...I feel like my feet are going to fall out of the shoe). Found that out the hard way as they felt great in the pro shop, but after playing a couple of rounds was thoroughly disappointed (gave them away).[/b]
[*]How do you discover new golf footwear products (i.e. social media, Tour, TV ads, etc)? [b]All of those...I'm a golf junkie.[/b]
[*]Have you reviewed an items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.[b] No.[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Tour360 Boost review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: [b] Yes[/b]
[list]
[*]quality photos [b]Yes[/b]
[*]full initial review [b]Yes[/b]
[*]continuing participation [b]Yes[/b]
[*]ongoing feedback through follow up posts. [b]Yes[/b]
[/list]
[*][b]​Will you be able to play/test the shoe before the end of January (yes or no)? Yes[/b]
[*]Finally, we have the essay portion of the application. Please why you'd like to review adidas Tour360 Boost shoes and how you'd review them. [b]Due to recent foot surgeries, I am extremely picky about all of the shoes I wear, running, workout, dress, golf, etc. For every 3 pairs I buy, I stick with one of them. I give away more shoes than my wife buys, because they have to fit perfectly and I never know until I wear them for a few days. I can't fit in Nike's because I wear a 12.5 and they don't make 12.5's. Adidas size 13 just happens to be a perfect fit as if it were a 12.5. I love the Boost technology and have bought 3 pairs of Adipower Boosts (in addition to my Boost running shoes) since this summer. I also bought 2 pairs for my son (who is a top level junior golfer and used to wear Nike Lunar Controls) and told him he had to try them as they are the most comfortable shoe he would ever wear. He immediately agreed. So, reading about the combination of Tour 360 technology with Boost technology, I can't wait to try them...especially the Boa's as a secure fit is very important. I feel like I would be a very fair and impartial reviewer and hope to have the opportunity to do so.[/b]
[/list]

Charlotte, NC
10-12 Rounds a month( I only walk and usually play 36 a day on Saturdays.)
Puma- Neo Lux and Bio Drive Foot Joy Dry Joy Lite Nike Tiger Woods(14 model)
Factors of shoe purchase in order 1) comfort 2) comfort 3) comfort
I discover footwear via internet searches of large golf web retailers and manufacture's websites
I have never reviewed an item for GolfWRX
I agree to the terms if selected to participate. Thanks
I play all the time and can easily test these.

I would be interested in reviewing these to find how suitable they are for a walker. I believe just about any show will suffice for a cart golfer as they do not have to withstand as much wear and tear. Next how quickly do they break in and become wearable for 18 holes. Do these shoes have any unusual friction points on the foot. How do they perform on the course? Do these shoes offer stability and support? How well does the cleat system perform? How do the shoes look? Do they clean easy or hold and show staining after nominal use. How do the shoes hold up in various elements, wet, dry (do they ventilate if they are water proof/resistant). Do these shoes offer additional technology that I have not come across. Do these shoes have something about them that make me reach for them over any of my other shoes?