2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

No Bull,No Hype,,Just "Rife"!

Lionstar

This must be the BEST putter ever invented.
So I go to the Edwin Watts Superstore on Turkey Lake in Orlando to get a new putter.I only have about a dozen or so and trade them in and out of my bag depending on,,whatever.Bettinardis,Scottys,2-ball, 3-ball, mallet, blade,bullseye,etc.I've tried them all,,and some with moderate success over the years.After reading about the Guerin Rife putters on here I decided to put them on my "check em out "list.
I tried the new Odyssey Marxman ,the new Mizuno/Bettinardi C-06,the new Ping Redwoods and a few others.THen I picked up a 34" Rife Barbados.
UNBELIEVABLE! It is impossible to describe the perfect feel and balance of this putter.I practiced with it on the Watts showroom putting green,,,which as anyone who has been there will confirm must be about a 14 on the Stimpmeter scale,,,and I could not miss.Now I was worried.Maybe I had gotten too familiar with their putting green.So I leave the Watts store and drive to Golfsmith,,only found a 35" Barbados and tried it on the Golfsmith practice green,,,still could not miss! Back to Edwin Watts and purchased the 34" Barbados.
I have played 3 rounds with it now,,,29 putts , then 28 putts,,then 25 putts.Once on Disney's Osprey Ridge [ slower greens] and twice on Disney's Palm[ fast and true}.In all 3 rounds I have not missed a single putt inside of 6 feet.
As a wise sage once said,,"There is theoretical proof and subjective proof,,but actual proof is superior to them both."
Of course,,different strokes for different folks,,but in my 15 or so years of looking for the "perfect" putter,,I can finally say,,I've found it.You owe it to yourself to try a Guerin Rife at least on the showroom putting green.It must be the BEST ,or at least the most advanced putter made today.
It is my gamer now and you would have to pull a gun on me to get it out of my bag.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought one of these today on the bay. I've never used a mallet putter before, but have recently been making more of a back and through stroke that I think might benefit from the use of one. Almost went for a Futura, but I loved the look of this so much that I couldn't resist the price and I'm hoping that I'll make a lot more of those 6 to 10 footers that I seem to just miss by a bit. I love my Newport, but the Barbados gets a tryout!

That two bar is pretty awesome as well.

I've tried them all,,and some with moderate success over the years.After reading about the Guerin Rife putters on here I decided to put them on my "check em out "list.

I picked up a 34" Rife Barbados.

UNBELIEVABLE!

It is impossible to describe the perfect feel and balance of this putter.

Thank you, Mr. Rife.

Your office is calling.

Really, congrats on finding your putter. I picked it up over the weekend. It felt like most Rife Putters -- a bit light off the ball, very soft, not particularly solid feeling. But a nice putter. You just have to enjoy that light, not so solid feel.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Add me to that list. I went in to a store to order a new wedge, and walked out with a putter (wedge arrived 1 weeks later). It was surreal. I had been hitting every putter they had for a while on the indoor green, with NO intention of buying a putter (same gamer for over 5 years) and was floored by the Rife 2-bar blade. I lined up 9 balls into 3 different holes (4' - 10' away) and made 8. My buddy just said "you'd better buy that." I couldn't do that with any other putter, and then almost did it again (7/9) the next time. Sold. I was also happy with the customizability of the club, as an upright putter with a heavy swingweight suits me best. This reads like an ad, but I was really surprised and impressed. I don't think the honeymoon will carry over to far into the season, but I've never been happier to putt than now.

Antigua user here. I absolutely love my putter.

[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Bridgestone J33R 460 9.5* - Aldila Voodoo XNV6[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]TEE XCG6 15* - Testing [/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 18* - Aldila NV 105-X[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 24* - Project X 6.5[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Cobra '08 Pro CB Forged 5-PW - Project X 6.5 (Satin)[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Vokey SM 50* and 54* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Callaway X-Tour Forged PM Grind 58* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Seemore M1 Milled[/size][/font]

I've tried them all,,and some with moderate success over the years.After reading about the Guerin Rife putters on here I decided to put them on my "check em out "list.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you, Mr. Rife.

Your office is calling.

Really, congrats on finding your putter. I picked it up over the weekend. It felt like most Rife Putters -- a bit light off the ball, very soft, not particularly solid feeling. But a nice putter. You just have to enjoy that light, not so solid feel.

"a bit light of the ball (WTF?!), very soft (you mean like a cameron 009?), not particularly solid feeling (????) "...

None of that matters after you get used to the smooth roll this putts on the ball. the only reason more tour players don't play it is due to 2 things.. 1. is money 2. is that they put on PERFECT greens 98% of the time, and complain about the other 2%.

For every day use on every day greens. I believe this is the best technology for putting on the market, but don't take all our words for it...

GO TRY ONE and see!!! Especially with the new Island series, pick the head closest to yours and give it a whirl!!

oh yeah, thanks for the check Mr. Rife (SARC.)- don't need the check, i'll just keep collecting the money at the 19th hole LOL

I love my Rife Aussie, but my Mills One finally moved it to the back-up position. Still, a very solid putter with a great feel for me. I'd have no problem playing it still. If I hadn't found my One.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you, Mr. Rife.

Your office is calling.

"a bit light of the ball (WTF?!), very soft (you mean like a cameron 009?), not particularly solid feeling (????) "...

None of that matters after you get used to the smooth roll this putts on the ball. the only reason more tour players don't play it is due to 2 things.. 1. is money 2. is that they put on PERFECT greens 98% of the time, and complain about the other 2%.

For every day use on every day greens. I believe this is the best technology for putting on the market, but don't take all our words for it...

GO TRY ONE and see!!! Especially with the new Island series, pick the head closest to yours and give it a whirl!!

oh yeah, thanks for the check Mr. Rife (SARC.)- don't need the check, i'll just keep collecting the money at the 19th hole LOL

For comparison, Have you ever putted with a Mills?

That is a soft yet solid feeling putter.

The Rife is not as solid feeling.

I've tried every Rife that comes in a store. I bought the 2 Bar Mallet when they first made their debut -- it lasted all of 2 days before it was sold -- go ahead and believe what you want about rife technology -- if you believe it, I'm sure it will help you collect the money at the 19th Hole.

I've seen all of these stories before -- "it's unbelieveable! It's the greatest!"

Usually, it's in the BST within 30 days.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

For comparison, Have you ever putted with a Mills?

That is a soft yet solid feeling putter.

The Rife is not as solid feeling.

I've tried every Rife that comes in a store. I bought the 2 Bar Mallet when they first made their debut -- it lasted all of 2 days before it was sold -- go ahead and believe what you want about rife technology -- if you believe it, I'm sure it will help you collect the money at the 19th Hole.

I've seen all of these stories before -- "it's unbelieveable! It's the greatest!"

Usually, it's in the BST within 30 days.

Why do you have to crap on the OP's parade? There are just as many Mills in BST's across the forums and in Ebay as any other brand of putter. You agree feel is subjective yet you must thrust your negativity on a guys happiness. Geesh.I hope your day sucks. :(

UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you, Mr. Rife.

Your office is calling.

If I was Mr Rife I would print it on a t-shirt and brag about it.

Seriously, I know my post sounds like a paid endorsement but I have no vested interest in ANY golf company,course nor do I personally know any current tour players.I am just SO happy to finally find a putter that rolls upon contact and goes where you aim it while still feeling soft.

Having said that i am fortunate enough to live in the Orlando area where the Rife Company is located,,,a fact I wasn't aware of until 2 days after my purchase.Today I visited their Sanford Florida headquarters and asked if I could have the lie angle adjusted as the Barbados is not a do-it-yourself adjustable model.Their tour tech guy,Mike invited me back,set me up and had me putt a few,,then shot a laser device off the face of my putter and showed me I was aiming right of the target line because the putter was too upright.He custom fitted it to 4 degrees flatter for me ,smiled and said try it now. Made 3 10 footers in a row,,centercut and I thanked him and was on my way.

All I am saying is try it. Maybe it's not for you,,but take it from someone who has spent WAY too much on putters.The Rife is the best putter I have ever used.

I am glad that you've found a putter that really works for you, in all honesty a have tried Rife putters instore and haven't found them to be anything special, but putting is the most individual part of the game, one guys junk is anothers gold, I think this maybe where swingman is coming from.

I'm quite sure that equipment experts will pull up all kind of facts about MOI etc. but one reason why I beleive that such putters have never worked for me (this includes the likes of the Futura, Monza, and 2 Balls), is that the just look too mechanical. I think that putters should be a work of art, obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the look of putters such as many of the well known handcrafted and milled putters (i'm well aware that Rife putters are milled but IMHO they do not produce the same feel as the likes of Camerons and Bettinardis) featured in this part of the forum are compounded with amazing feel to inspire a lot of confidence, thats something that I just seem to achieve with large mallets.

Anyhow, my insight over, good luck with your new putter and don't take too much money off of your playing partners.

Why do you have to crap on the OP's parade? There are just as many Mills in BST's across the forums and in Ebay as any other brand of putter. You agree feel is subjective yet you must thrust your negativity on a guys happiness. Geesh.I hope your day sucks. :(

You misunderstood the intent of my post. I realize that reading is a fine art these days.

The Mills is an example of a putter without grooves. I was not stating that the Mills is a better putter. I was stating that a Rife and Mills have a different feel.

The Rife has thick grooves so it feels as if less of the ball makes contact with the face whereas with a relatively flat faced putter like a Mills, Cameron, etc., it feels as if the ball makes contact with more of the face giving it a more solid feel.

There is nothing wrong with a lighter, softer feel, imo, of the Rife Putter. It is different strokes for different folks.

As to whether I'm having a nice day, karma does come back to bite -- so I don't wish poorly on anyone. But since you wished poorly on me,

"Rules of the Board

Posting here is a privilege not a right.

- No personal attacks on anyone."

Enjoy your day.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

You misunderstood the intent of my post. I realize that reading is a fine art these days.

The Mills is an example of a putter without grooves. I was not stating that the Mills is a better putter. I was stating that a Rife and Mills have a different feel.

The Rife has thick grooves so it feels as if less of the ball makes contact with the face whereas with a relatively flat faced putter like a Mills, Cameron, etc., it feels as if the ball makes contact with more of the face giving it a more solid feel.

There is nothing wrong with a lighter, softer feel, imo, of the Rife Putter. It is different strokes for different folks.

As to whether I'm having a nice day, karma does come back to bite -- so I don't wish poorly on anyone. But since you wished poorly on me,

"Rules of the Board

Posting here is a privilege not a right.

- No personal attacks on anyone."

Enjoy your day.

Yeah, right. :partytime2:

It's always amusing when people start off with a rude post then backpedal and try to seek shelter under forum rules when they get the responses they deserve.

Makes for an amusing sideshow though.

A happy Martinique owner here. Perfect balance, soft, solid feel and true roll. Put an IOmic mid on it and couldn't be happier. It's perfect for my straight back and though stroke.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Bought a 2 bar blade today, and was going to give the barbados another whirl...what a putter, but it was already sold out at the local nevada bobs, after getting them in only a few days ago....wow. But I'll give the 2 bar a whirl nevertheless, I'm in no rush it's still about 6 weeks before I'm golfing anyway.

SIM

STG 

FliHi 

243 4-PW

T22 56, 60

Phantom X 12.5

Played my first round with the Barbados in the bag yesterday. I had two three putts in the first four holes! Just wasn't used to it at all and I left myself some really long first putts. It was a very windy day as well which seems to give me problems with putting.

Anyway, things came around and I ended up with a decent score for myself and putted pretty well with it for the rest of the round. It does put a great roll on the ball and I love the way my stroke feels with it.

The funny thing is that my lag putting was better than usual, but I found the five footers more difficult. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around with a mallet? I don't know if I'm just used to my Newport in this range or what. Seems like the ball really jumps off the face of the Barbados a lot more than my Newport. It's harder to control. I just started playing less break, went right at the hole and had more success.