2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

You guys are gonna make Deninny's head explode.

Missed league last night cuz I was sick. Who gets sick in May?

We could start our own golf league and call it the "Exploding Heads"

golf league. And with all the musicians in here we can compliment

with the the "Exploding Heads" band.

In fact, it's time to start "Confesssions 12 - Exploding Heads want to know." :cheesy:

Confession: when I sing in the shower, even if the house is empty, it's still flat out embarrassing. Maybe I can play the cowbell?

MC they ended up playing league and there were some solid scores. Rained about an inch before league but they let carts out anyway and the rain held off until about 8pm. Front nine at the links is easier than the back, but there was a 35, a 34, and a 31! I asked if he played all nine holes when I was posting the scores on the league website! Haha So much for my 37 average sitting atop the standings!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I think we need an OGA subdivision........drum roll...........DOGS or

Detrimental Of Golf Subdivision of the OGA.

When Ninjaw's head explodes on any of us he can banish us into the DOGS

as punishment.

Once a year there will be a tournament between the DOGS and the NAGS,

aka Ninja Approved Golf Subdivision, to determine which group will represent

the OGA at the annual WRX charity to raise funds for the pursuit of a goal to

raise money to find a cure for those things deemed curable by the NAGS,

namely DOG Disorder notwithstanding, for which there is no cure but the

goal is a noble one even so and to pursue it is good for charity and raising

money is fun especially if it is OPM

Updated my sig: :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

... Besides, I'm not incorrectly applying the laws of physics. I'm just trying to help. :cheesy: :taunt:

Actually you are. Stating that opening the face increases drag is a clear example. Another example is thinking the clubhead reroutes.

Until you read that book, you will continue to misunderstand.

I did make one mistake in an earlier post. I said I open the face to reduce drag. That's not why I do it. And I don't remember stating anything about the club rerouting.

If you assume the two clubs have different travel paths, most definitely they are rerouting. Whether you say one club digs or the other doesn't as much, you for sure are assuming there is rerouting going on.

Again, just a few examples of your continued misunderstanding of the complete physics.

Swinging the same club two different ways is not rerouting. One swing has one path the other swing has different path. I don't have one swing for a club, especially, my 58* wedge. I swing differently depending on the shot I want to hit.

Now hitting the ground CAN reroute a club from its intended path through deflection.

Your first counter point isn't even relevant to the discussion about different bounces. For that discussion...wait for it...you have to hold ALL OTHER THINGS EQUAL. (There is a reason I keep putting that phrase in ALL CAPS...I already know that someone will miss the point and then I can refer them back to it and correct them...again...)

And hitting the ground is definitely true if there is enough counter force after it compresses enough to reroute the clubhead, the shaft, the hands and arms of the golfer. And it is a good thing a low bounce wedge DOESN'T hit the ground when the high bounce wedge does. That's a 100% true reason it is better. It has more margin for error in AVOIDING ground contact.

Also by the time either club type reroutes, the ball is already gone.

And again, the MINISCULE physical difference because of the bounce means there is a MINISCULE amount of different reroute. (Editorial: I believe now that this is where your gap is. Not the only gap, but it is a big one. LOL you act like there's this huge difference in clubhead path based on this MINISCULE difference...Again...the natural swing arc defines the path until impact...the lower bounce club loses LESS velocity in the process...and it DOESN'T hit the ground as often...)

Seriously, learn the physics AND the math behind it. You will be able to understand what is really happening with the two clubs.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

You guys are gonna make Deninny's head explode.

Missed league last night cuz I was sick. Who gets sick in May?

We could start our own golf league and call it the "Exploding Heads"

golf league. And with all the musicians in here we can compliment

with the the "Exploding Heads" band.

In fact, it's time to start "Confesssions 12 - Exploding Heads want to know." :cheesy:

"Con 12 - Exploding Heads" it is. Start it up Rad.

LOL, I think we need an OGA subdivision........drum roll...........DOGS or

Detrimental Of Golf Subdivision of the OGA.

When Ninjaw's head explodes on any of us he can banish us into the DOGS

as punishment.

Once a year there will be a tournament between the DOGS and the NAGS,

aka Ninja Approved Golf Subdivision, to determine which group will represent

the OGA at the annual WRX charity to raise funds for the pursuit of a goal to

raise money to find a cure for those things deemed curable by the NAGS,

namely DOG Disorder notwithstanding, for which there is no cure but the

goal is a noble one even so and to pursue it is good for charity and raising

money is fun especially if it is OPM

Updated my sig: :)

It's actually just "physics". I didn't come up with it. I just learned it.

Registered Bladeocrat

Conrad it does not take a skilled player to hit a low bounce wedge out of the sand. It makes sand shots easier for ALL players with the exception of players that are a HEAD CASE about low bounce. What it does is allow the player to hit out of the sand WITHOUT opening the face. The low bounce is so easy to cut through the sand there is no need to have to open up the face to reduce the higher drag created by the bounce. I would rather hit my low bounce 60 out of a bunker with a square face than my medium bounce 53/54 with an open face. It's an easier shot.

Ninja you are giving away all of my secrets!!!

LOL, I'm glad that made sense to you STU, especially opening the face to reduce drag

created by the bounce caused by opening the face. Ninja is a sneaky master troller.

It's actually because he can read what I state without misinterpreting it. Opening the face doesn't create bounce like what you incorrectly thought I said. I'm just a master at knowing what I wrote.

Registered Bladeocrat

Have no clue what the discussion is about but if this helps to get heads to explode then great!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Anyone have odds on how many posts until the PMS thread in Instruction gets locked up?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Actually you are. Stating that opening the face increases drag is a clear example. Another example is thinking the clubhead reroutes.

Until you read that book, you will continue to misunderstand.

I did make one mistake in an earlier post. I said I open the face to reduce drag. That's not why I do it. And I don't remember stating anything about the club rerouting.

If you assume the two clubs have different travel paths, most definitely they are rerouting. Whether you say one club digs or the other doesn't as much, you for sure are assuming there is rerouting going on.

Again, just a few examples of your continued misunderstanding of the complete physics.

Swinging the same club two different ways is not rerouting. One swing has one path the other swing has different path. I don't have one swing for a club, especially, my 58* wedge. I swing differently depending on the shot I want to hit.

Now hitting the ground CAN reroute a club from its intended path through deflection.

Your first counter point isn't even relevant to the discussion about different bounces. For that discussion...wait for it...you have to hold ALL OTHER THINGS EQUAL. (There is a reason I keep putting that phrase in ALL CAPS...I already know that someone will miss the point and then I can refer them back to it and correct them...again...)

And hitting the ground is definitely true if there is enough counter force after it compresses enough to reroute the clubhead, the shaft, the hands and arms of the golfer. And it is a good thing a low bounce wedge DOESN'T hit the ground when the high bounce wedge does. That's a 100% true reason it is better. It has more margin for error in AVOIDING ground contact.

And again, the MINISCULE physical difference because of the bounce means there is a MINISCULE amount of different reroute. (Editorial: I believe now that this is where your gap is. Not the only gap, but it is a big one. LOL you act like there's this huge difference in clubhead path based on this MINISCULE difference...Again...the natural swing arc defines the path until impact...the lower bounce club loses LESS velocity in the process...and it DOESN'T hit the ground as often...)

Seriously, learn the physics AND the math behind it. You will be able to understand what is really happening with the two clubs.

So, the reason I can hit a high bounce wedge off of a concrete substrate is because I've found a way to fit the leading edge properly between the void below the equator of the ball and the concrete without the bounce engaging the substrate. Thats a question. Lol.

I haven't managed to check in here in a couple of days. I come back and we're still debating the physics of bounce!? Lol. I admire all of your passion on this topic.

I'm compelled to fix ignorance of golf physics.

But I really have an even bigger passion for other forms of bounce physics...

Registered Bladeocrat

Bounce is a lie. Proof!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbzTopMHlm4[/media]

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

On a different note, my mum and dad have an owl box in a massive Ash tree they have in their back garden. They get owls in it pretty much every year, usually Tawny owls, which is one of the more common varieties in Europe. A few days ago, my mum went out into the garden to find the owl chick had left the box before it could fly (something called 'nesting' which is common apparently). Being the UK, it then started to p!ss down, so they gave it some shelter under a TM golf umbrella...

Despite TM coming to the rescue, Mr Owl still got a bit soggy

Later in the day, he dried off and made it up to the fence. His mum was around the whole time, screeching. Lol. He's now in the neighbours Oak tree.

P.S. I'm not on Twitter, but someone should tweet that first pic to TM for me. A novel use of one of their accessories, if nothing else!

So, the reason I can hit a high bounce wedge off of a concrete substrate is because I've found a way to fit the leading edge properly between the void below the equator of the ball and the concrete without the bounce engaging the substrate. Thats a question. Lol.

That's absolutely not the reason. The reason is that you've been taught the right technique. And practicing with the harder to hit high bounce club proves that you have the skill to hit a good shot off a tight lie.

The real question is have you tried the same exact shot (<- ALL THINGS EQUAL) with a high and low bounce wedge (<- ALL OTHER THINGS EQUAL) 100s of times to compare which one you really hit better?

In theory you will hit the concrete less with a lower bounce club. The shot will be even EASIER! Unless of course you have a HEAD CASE about low bounce clubs.

Sorry, I tried to withhold the LOLs but now I can't help it...BOTH you and Conrad have now argued that higher bounce clubs are better for tight lies! ROFLMAO!

And BTW, I already explained why that shot is better with a low bounce club less than 24 hrs ago to Conrad.

If you would only read my posts a little more carefully you may realize I've already addressed all questions.

Registered Bladeocrat

That's absolutely not the reason. The reason is that you've been taught the right technique. And practicing with the harder to hit high bounce club proves that you have the skill to hit a good shot off a tight lie.

The real question is have you tried the same exact shot (<- ALL THINGS EQUAL) with a high and low bounce wedge (<- ALL OTHER THINGS EQUAL) 100s of times to compare which one you really hit better?

In theory you will hit the concrete less with a lower bounce club. The shot will be even EASIER! Unless of course you have a HEAD CASE about low bounce clubs.

Sorry, I tried to withhold the LOLs but now I can't help it...BOTH you and Conrad have now argued that higher bounce clubs are better for tight lies! ROFLMAO!

And BTW, I already explained why that shot is better with a low bounce club less than 24 hrs ago to Conrad.

If you would only read my posts a little more carefully you may realize I've already addressed all questions.

That shot off of concrete is easier for me with a low bounce club. I've hit both clubs off concrete. Both clubs CAN be hit properly though. To this, we are in complete agreement.

I don't believe I ever argued that a high bounce club is better off a tight lie. My argument in the debate is more with other lies. Soft sand, fluffy lies, etc.. It would seem our differences are in the substrates.

Can we agree on this, brah?

On a different note, my mum and dad have an owl box in a massive Ash tree they have in their back garden. They get owls in it pretty much every year, usually Tawny owls, which is one of the more common varieties in Europe. A few days ago, my mum went out into the garden to find the owl chick had left the box before it could fly (something called 'nesting' which is common apparently). Being the UK, it then started to p!ss down, so they gave it some shelter under a TM golf umbrella...

Later in the day, he dried off and made it up to the fence. His mum was around the whole time, screeching. Lol. He's now in the neighbours Oak tree.

P.S. I'm not on Twitter, but someone should tweet that first pic to TM for me. A novel use of one of their accessories, if nothing else!

Now that was cool. Instead of all this endless twittering about bounce. I know how to hit my wedges under different situations, and it would seem most of us here have decent short games, whether we think we are sliding, skipping, bouncing, clipping, trapping, or whatever, if the ball flies through the air the way you want, lands near the place your want, and gets near the hole, who cares?

OwlWRX?? :D

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Now that was cool. Instead of all this endless twittering about bounce. I know how to hit my wedges under different situations, and it would seem most of us here have decent short games, whether we think we are sliding, skipping, bouncing, clipping, trapping, or whatever, if the ball flies through the air the way you want, lands near the place your want, and gets near the hole, who cares?

Good point, thug. Sorry, my man.

Anyone have odds on how many posts until the PMS thread in Instruction gets locked up?

Today my youngest son turns two. I'm remembering his WRX birth and am thankful that he and his brother are of the male sex.

For the time being I can avoid the PMS discussion.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Gah. TOOL!

Thanks Thug! I thought it might make for a change. It is very cool, especially if you like birds of prey, like I do. Here's hoping the mum keeps feeding it and it flourishes into an adult.

P.S. Thug are you a cyclist? I saw you mention that you ride in another thread.

OwlWRX?? :D

Lol. Or maybe AnimalWRX, just so no-one gets left out.

Well, some day in 20 years someone will read all this, and not understanding

all the nuances of bounce, may say "wow, I'm so glad these guys talked about

bounce back then". :read: :shok: :shok: :shok: :rtfm:

Great pics Wolf!! I love that middle one with the blue eyes. Very expressive.

Anytime I see or hear owls now I think of that stupid Geico commercial...Who???

Gah. TOOL!

Thanks Thug! I thought it might make for a change. It is very cool, especially if you like birds of prey, like I do. Here's hoping the mum keeps feeding it and it flourishes into an adult.

P.S. Thug are you a cyclist? I saw you mention that you ride in another thread.

Dude. I have been a birder for like forever. Just ask PD. And owls are one of my favorites. They are beautiful with an extra dose of cool factor. A while ago I was walking my dog one cold January night and heard a Great Horned owl calling, so I started calling, and he came and buzzed me about 15 ft over my head. Totally silent, only way I knew was I happened to be looking up with a full moon and saw him. He wanted to kick my Word not allowed.

Yeah, I'm getting ready to get on my machine again. Picked up ~10 unwanted pounds over the winter. Live to ride! (oh yeah, and golf!)

Great pics Wolf!! I love that middle one with the blue eyes. Very expressive.

Anytime I see or hear owls now I think of that stupid Geico commercial...Who???

Thanks Rad!

I'd never seen that advert you referred to and had to look it up on YouTube. I wish I hadn't.

Dude. I have been a birder for like forever. Just ask PD. And owls are one of my favorites. They are beautiful with an extra dose of cool factor. A while ago I was walking my dog one cold January night and heard a Great Horned owl calling, so I started calling, and he came and buzzed me about 15 ft over my head. Totally silent, only way I knew was I happened to be looking up with a full moon and saw him. He wanted to kick my Word not allowed.

Yeah, I'm getting ready to get on my machine again. Picked up ~10 unwanted pounds over the winter. Live to ride! (oh yeah, and golf!)

Wow, that's very cool. Those Great Horned Owls are freaking huge, as you know. Just beautiful, amazing animals. The building I work in also has a family of vultures living on it, as well as a Peregrine Falcon. I see them flying around most days, which is great. One day I saw an ariel battle between one of the vultures and the falcon. It was something to behold. No-one got hurt, but the falcon was p!ssed about something. They probably stole his hard earned food or something.

Sounds like we have a lot in common anyway - a love of birds, golf and cycling. :drinks:

Wolf, nice set of hooters you've got there : )

Ha ha. Thanks PD. I get compliments on them all the time.

What did you get the little man for his birthday? His first set of clubs?

I'm sure you do ; )

The LP is currently on a Muppets kick so we purchase a handful of toys (Animal being his favourite) and a block dinosaur that he can build with velcro. His Grandparents purchased a plastic set of clubs so he's set for the spring. May be another year before he hits the course with his big brother and I, but balls will fly in the yard this summer.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon