2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Van De Velde

cjdrcc

Next time you have an idea, just shut up
Yes, I know that the men in womens golf, and women in mens golf is sooooooooo tired that it isn't even funny, but Jean Van De Velde just made a comment that he is going to play in the womens british next year. Has he learned nothing from VJ or any body else who has had their head put on a platter after making comments on this subject. Next time he has an idea like trying to clear a creek out of heavy fescue while winning the british or making a comment like this one he should just let it go.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, as foolish as Van De Velde's comment is, it is successful at getting us to talk about him. When was the last time you spent two seconds thinking about Jean Van De Velde's golf career? Yeah, I couldn't remember either.

I agree with teetogreen that it would be great fun to watch him play in it and finish last, especially if he decides to make a few game management blunders on the 72nd hole.

-Thomas

I like for the ladies to participate in the men's tournaments, but if they can do that, the men should be allowed in the ladies tournaments also.

Van De Velde is only trying to provoke and also say "Hey girls, this thing works both ways - if you're allowed, so are we"

I would love to see Van De Velde play with the women and WIN !

I also would like to see him not qualify (both extremes would be funny to watch and hear about), but I seriously don't think this would be an issue. He would probably win by 3 or 4 strokes - and this would awesome to watch :D :pimp: :crazy:

Unlike the majority in here, I thik his comment is great, and I don't see him bash the ladies with this comment, unlike the comment from Vijay.

Come on folks we all knew it was a matter of time before some Male golfer had the courage to try and play in a LPGA event. While i'm neither a fan or despise Jean if it wasn't him it would have been someone else. I'm sure there are some guys on the Nationwide tour that have given serious thought to it since the prized money is alot more in a LPGA event than it is in a Nationwide tour event.

IF he does qualify and play i would expect him to finish in the top 5 but anything can happen on the course as we all know way to well.

Well let this one play out on the course and not in the press

Unlike the majority in here, I thik his comment is great, and I don't see him bash the ladies with this comment, unlike the comment from Vijay.

56693[/snapback]

Can someone please reiterate the comment VJ made? I seem to have missed that one. Thanks.

56792[/snapback]

Maybe not PC, but not as big of a deal as it was made out to be. Just a public airing of the touchy subject of sponsor's exemptions. Every week there is drama behind who gets picked, but it takes a top player and the selection of a woman to collide and make the news.

VJ's finest day:

"It's just different for ladies to play on the men's tour. It's like getting the Williams sisters to play (tennis) against a man, and they're far better athletes than she (Sorenstam) is."

"I hope she misses the cut. Why? Because she doesn't belong out here. If I'm drawn with her, which I won't be, I won't play."

"This is a man's tour. There are guys out there trying to make a living. It's not a ladies' tour. If she wants to play, she should - or any other woman for that matter - if they want to play the man's tour, they should qualify and play like everybody else."

I think VDV is making a valid argument

honestly, if women want to play, that's what the LPGA tour is for

I am in favor of combining the tours, having no more gender-based leagues, and just having a tour where the best players play, regardless of gender

this would create a tour of the best golfers, with another like the nationwide tour of second-tier golfers, then the hooters tour, etc.

if a woman is really that good where she feels she can compete, she can go through Q-school and try to get her card or play on the nationwide tour or whatever

so today, you might see michelle wie on the pga tour, annika on the nationwide tour, and a few other women on the hooters tour

So you would have maybe one woman on the PGA Tour, 4 or 5 on the Nationwide, and the rest of them scattered in obscure mini tours? Yea, I'm sure the women would go for that.

In an attempt to have a non-gender based world, the idea is more offensive to women than VJ.

If you poll the LPGA, the huge majority have no interest in being on the PGA. Even Annika's interest was short lived. Michelle Wie is the first to make it a big goal and most likely she will not qualify for a PGA Tour Card. People make this mistake thinking that MW represents the future of women's golf, that women are getting a lot better and they could be a presence on the PGA. MW is an aberration and while women's golf is getting better, it's not like the men's tour is getting easier. The Nationwide tour is getting tougher; this is reflected in less spots being available in Q school and more Nationwide exemptions are available.

When MW shows up on the leaderbaords and the top 20 of the Nationwide tour, then there is a reason to get excited. Until then, she's still a sideshow.

IMO Paula Creama would have a better chance on the PGA tour then Wie would.

I recon most woman would stay in the LPGA over playing the nationwide and hooters tours because there is more money and more national attention on the LPGA tour. I dont know many of the woman will be willing to give up the money just to say they play with the men.

If a woman is good enough to go to Q-school and get a tour card she should have a chance to play against the men, however it has to work both ways men should also be able to go to the LPGA Q-school and try get a card there.

Just my $0.02

I can't believe companies are willing to sponsor this loser.

VDV has his own website now that already has sponsors. Don't give him the satisfaction of bumping his hit count by logging on. His 15 mins were up when he blew the Open.

If you happen to be sponsoring this loser, save your cash and sponsor someone who won't embarrass the company.