2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Trump in this months GOLF magazine

JoeF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump might be able to make money, but he can't make class.

He is a good businessman. I would not call him a brilliant businessman, and on a personal level everything about him screams "school in summer." No class.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Trump might be able to make money, but he can't make class.

He is a good businessman. I would not call him a brilliant businessman, and on a personal level everything about him screams "school in summer." No class.

He is the real Al Czervik, but about a million times less cool, compassionate, and less funny than the one played by Dangerfield. Wait, he is more like Judge Smails with more money.

Trump is a chump. He takes Van Huesen dress shirts, puts his name on them, then gloats that they are the best shirts in the world.

He obviously missed the lesson on how saying your stuff is the best all the time often given people an inverse impression. I played the public course at Palos Verdes and everyone in my group said that the Trump course sucked. Everyone said it was way too crammed and it appeared that they ran out of space.

As for Trump as a business man, without his stupid show, I am unsure anyone would even mention his name anymore. That Apprentice crap did more for his career and fame than anything else did. The guy went bankrupt like 15 years ago, and he made a great comeback, but the show was the catalyst for his re-entry into the public eye.

And for him to say his courses TOP Bandon and Pebble is damn near insulting. Bandon's layout is spectacular, and the Oregon coastline IMO makes the California coast line look like crap (southern california at least)

Bandon Dunes does make his course look like a cheesey Carnival Cruise Line putt putt course. Come to think of it, I hate Donald Trump.

Trump did not come from nothing.

He started rich and got richer. That's not to say it's easy to do what he has done in the business world, but it is far easier to get started in real estate investment if you come from lots of money.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates - now those are two stories of making it big after starting from nothing.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

He started rich and got richer. That's not to say it's easy to do what he has done in the business world, but it is far easier to get started in real estate investment if you come from lots of money.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates - now those are two stories of making it big after starting from nothing.

Exactly...Trump's dad was in the real estate business and showed him the ropes from an early age. Now he grew the business by leaps and bounds and deserves credit for it, but it's not like he started from nothing. He deserves credit for what he has accomplished, but it's not like he started from ground zero.

Exactly...Trump's dad was in the real estate business and showed him the ropes from an early age. Now he grew the business by leaps and bounds and deserves credit for it, but it's not like he started from nothing. He deserves credit for what he has accomplished, but it's not like he started from ground zero.

Trumps dad did residential development in Queens which is night/day compared to commercial real estate in Manhattan. Trump graduated top of his class at Wharton. He could have lived like the son of very well off guy but what did he do?

He moved into commercial real estate in the 70s when no one wanted to touch it and if you look at how he structured his first few deals, they are beyond brilliant.

The interview was typical. Outspoken, but he can back it up.

Holy ressurected thread batman!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

does he really think women would like at him twice if he didnt have so much dough - "its a quality you do or dont have" phwahhhh what a joker

His golf shorts have this huge gaudy crest and they look really cheezy. I mean hire a good logo designer to design the crest and make it much small. Really crappy stuff.

One poster mentioned Bill Gates and Jobs. Trump was rich and got richer. Daddy owned a lot of apts in Queens. He is good at real estate deals - no doubt but he is a semi-creep to a creep. Gates and Jobs are not shrinking violets either like Larry Ellison (Oracle).

Gates father was a high pwoer corporate laywer. His family was rich and loaned him money to but the basis for DOS for $75,000. Jobs dad was a Syrian and his mother and American. The dad ditched the family. He was not wealthy at all. Brilliant guy but difficult to work for. Larry Ellison of Oracle, I think is an orphan. Very bright and a generally good businessman. Was a programmer at the CIA and commercialized a database he worked on or wrote code for for the CIA.

Come on now!!! Oceans Trail/Trump Course is alright but if I wanted to treat myself I would go to the Pebble Beach of the south Baja Mar Golf Course right next to Rosarito get some real fishing done, golf, Puerto Nuevo seafood and night life. Now thats just me but overall its just Trump being Trump.

JuNiOr

13tee.jpg

Picture7948.jpgbajamar3.jpgPicture7954.jpgbajamar2.jpg

Where are these waterfalls? is there a link for a website wit pictures of the falls?

Here is a link to the course's website:

http://www.trumpnationalwestchester.com/html/frameset.aspx

what a terrible picture on the website. The waterfalls remind me of nothing more than a concrete retaining wall.

That is not Trump National Los Angeles, that is Trump National WESTCHESTER.

http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/

That is Trump L.A. I worked there in 2005. Just before they opened. I have played the course. It is nice. The waterfalls are on holes 1 and 17. They are entirely fake, along with the championship tee box on 18. (Looks like a castle spire, actually built by workers in the middle of the night because the houses across the street said it obstructed their view of the water and got a height restriction placed on the tee box. Trump added 6 feet in the middle of the night to get it up higher.) I don't think the views are all that great, not like Pebble. Pebble has rocky beaches with splashing waves and misty spray. Trump has sea weed forests and about 30% of the time you can make out Catalina island. The rest of the time it is hidden by smog and marine layer. Trump L.A. is a great $150 course if you ask me. Pebble is a good $300 course. I have yet to play Bandon, but I look forward to it. Met a nice caddy from there, hopefully I can get a hook up this summer and play.

Trump is what I would call gimmicky. The waterfalls and ocean views all mask the crappy course hidden by eve more beautiful manicuring and Million dollar sand bunkers. The course has to be able to drain, so all the fairways have large bowl shaped drainage areas. You have to pick with drain you want your ball to end up in, take a drop off the drain about 40% of the time, and play from there. You could play that course 18 times and it would be the exact same shot 12 times, unless you aim for a different drainage area. There is hardly any rough. There is about 8 feet of rough on each side of the massively wide fairways and then it's nature preserve area. The course is nestled on the side of the PV hill and you can't feel the wind up in the air. So all your shots into the wind must add 1 club and all shots down wind need 1 less. But you just have to remember, because you can't feel the wind.

BTW, who cares if the view is of a bay or of the ocean? It's all the same salt water.

I say play Trump once for $200 or whatever it is on the weekdays, maybe do a twilight in the middle of summer for under $150. There is hardly ever anyone on the course because it is so ridiculously overpriced. Once you play it, you will be good. Save your money for something else.

This is one of the best course descriptions I've ever read, seriously, love to see a golf magazine write up a review with similar honesty. Much respect.