2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

RECAP: Ben Hogan Golf Live R&D Chat! May 29th @ 2pm ET / 11am PT!

> @DblEgl said:

> Thanks for taking our questions. Will the new 10.5 driver be available with Senior (A) & Lady flex shafts ?

> Great looking driver by the way.

That’s a good question … and good idea. Right now we are only offering three (3) ‘stock’ aftermarket shafts: Project X Smoke, MRC Tensei Blue, and UST Helium in Regular, Stiff and Extra Stiff. Let us see about offering at least one of those shafts in a lighter flex or two. Stay tuned.

> @micahawitt said:

> Thank you BH and GolfWRX, been a long time player of the Ft Worth, a friend of mine gave me a set, and cant seem to kick them out my bag. Very interested in the Driver hosel, its been mentioned that you can adjust loft, without adjusting the grip. Which i think is amazing, how did you come up with this solution, and have you noticed any type of performance gain/loss?

The Flight Control hosel really is an ingenious design. It’s very simple to use and, as you note, doesn’t require the grip or shaft graphics to be repositioned. You can change the loft (+/- 1 degree), lie and face angle.

• Like 1

> @CampagnoloBob said:

> Any chance you will relaunch the Ft Worth Hi utility irons with the Diamond Black Metal finish? It would make a great compliment to my Ft Worth Black irons. Thanks in advance for taking our questions.

It’s probable that we’ll introduce some new utility irons and/or hybrids in the future. We are looking at both of these types of clubs as their own category: long-iron alternatives. New finishes … including DBM … are certainly in play. Stay tuned.

> @meerickson said:

> Love Ben Hogan golf. Have filled my bag with your recent offerings. As a fan, I’d love to see possible product roadmap. I know this is a long shot but as someone who bought the FE15 and the PTx, I know I would have been better off with the PTx. Keep making awesome stuff!!! Also, thanks for posting some videos of the new equipment in the hands of pros and others talking through the features of the new clubs. So helpful to see it in action!!!

Thanks for your support! It’s not likely that we’ll release our product roadmap … in part due to the fact that ours is very fluid. Because we aren’t beholden to retail shelf sets, we launch products only when we are darn good and ready (and know they are worthy of Mr. Hogan’s signature). That’s probably not the answer you wanted to hear … sorry about that! We agree, too, about the product videos. We’ll keep producing them and posting them on our website and via social media as long as you keep watching

> @CRGUCF31 said:

> Love the approach BH Golf has used to make a comeback in the golf equipment industry. I had a question about wedges. How does the current set up and specs of your wedges account for the lack of options when it comes to bounce customization? Also, as someone who just got fitted for irons, do you plan to hold future fitting events to make sure customers choose the correct specs when shopping for new clubs? I’m very interested in the new driver release too!

The Equalizer wedge line has different bounces throughout … they vary by wedge ‘type’ or purpose (e.g. the gap wedges (48 – 52 degrees), sand wedges (54 – 58 degrees), and lob wedges (60 – 62 degrees)) have various bounce angles that impact the way the wedges play. And all, of course, utilize our proprietary V-Sole® designs. We may provide some level of bounce customization … or various grind options … to our wedges in the future, but we’re just not set up to do that right now. We’re trying to do a few things exceptionally well; not many things poorly!

Again, we aren’t doing our own fittings at this point. That may change in the future, but we urge our customers who don’t know their specs to visit their local PGA Professional or a qualified fitter … then send us those specifications so we can build to them.

> @khauser86 said:

> How can I be sure I'm getting fit properly for the PTx Pro irons with just a pair of demo clubs? A certified fitter will be able to fit me properly for the full set of irons this way?

The Demo Program isn't a substitute for a proper fitting. The Demo Program is really designed so golfers can touch, feel, see and hit our products and get a better idea of how they will perform AFTER being properly fitted by a PGA Professional or certified fitter.

• Like 1

> @Jvoom30 said:

> Could we see some new apparel and accessories this year? Was hoping for a flatbill with the BH logo or possibly seeing some polos or something. Received my new driver this week and it is very nice!

Working on some new stuff ... mostly caps and bags. The Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company isn't the developer / distributor of Ben Hogan apparel ... that's a different organization (though we works closely together).

• Like 1

> @Jvoom30 said:

>

> > And, by the way, if you end up buying our clubs after taking advantage of the Demo Program … which about 70% - 75% of people do … we take the $20 Demo fee off the price of your new clubs.

> >

>

> I have not seen that credit before. Recently demo'd the ptx pros and purchased last week.

Hmmm ... sorry about that. Can you please contact our Customer Service department at (844) 53-HOGAN. We'll rectify that ...

Thanks for answering my question. I love that you all are straight forward and exude a sense of real passion for golf.

What are your ultimate goals for Ben Hogan Golf? Are you comfortable in a smaller niche position, or do you hope to take a larger bite into the market? Do you have further plans for more marketing?

My criticism right now: Reading through your responses, some of what you talk about with the driver are things I didn't know prior to this Q&A. The youtube videos featuring your driver are very low on info. It seems you are really missing out on educating the public that you have a great product. I've noticed (for example the Cobra F9) has created a huge buzz through youtube reviews and folks here reporting back. Are there plans to get your clubs into more reviewer hands?

> @radiman said:

> > @benhogangolf said:

> > > @radiman said:

> > > I have to say that your brand has straight up surprised me this year so far. Your flagship Ft. Worths have always looked amazing. But, the addition of the PTx Pro is fantastic. Such a classic looking iron with so much tech built in. It's hard to believe that it's about half the cost as the big OEM sets that compare.

> > >

> > > My question is this. The big brands use the feedback from their tour staff as a marketing tool. They push new model after new model claiming that it has the feedback from their stable of tour players. In a direct to consumer market with no tour presence, how do you put prrof if concept to playability? Do you have a stable of low index players or a testing panel that you run these designs by before going to full production?

> >

> > Absolutely. We do extensive player testing and machine testing during all phases of our development process. We have a stable of ‘go to’ low-handicap players that help us, plus we do some ‘man on the range’ testing to get truly unbiased feedback. Not only does this help us with ‘proof of performance’, but it is dramatically less expensive than having Tour players on staff. To us, it simply doesn’t make sense to have to add $20, $30, or $40 to the price of our clubs so we could pay somebody on Tour … who, in many cases, doesn’t play clubs that remotely resemble the kinds of products a regular consumer would have access to.

>

> That makes sense. I am eager to see some reviews online for the driver. Haven't seen much as of yet. Do you have any clubs out to the big YouTube reviewers at this point? I like the smaller footprint concept and what you are saying regarding the face design is intriguing. Also, if the spin is truly as low as you say, you guys could have a cult classic in your hands.

We don't have many drivers out 'in the field' yet, but will have more shortly. Check out Matt Adams on the 'Fairways of Life' podcast, or follow Travis Fulton. They've both hit the driver (and many other products) during recent visits to Fort Worth. Their evaluations were VERY positive.

• Like 1

> @benhogangolf said:

> > @Jvoom30 said:

> >

> > > And, by the way, if you end up buying our clubs after taking advantage of the Demo Program … which about 70% - 75% of people do … we take the $20 Demo fee off the price of your new clubs.

> > >

> >

> > I have not seen that credit before. Recently demo'd the ptx pros and purchased last week.

>

> Hmmm ... sorry about that. Can you please contact our Customer Service department at (844) 53-HOGAN. We'll rectify that ...

Thank you!

> @molecularman said:

> Thanks for answering my question. I love that you all are straight forward and exude a sense of real passion for golf.

>

> What are your ultimate goals for Ben Hogan Golf? Are you comfortable in a smaller niche position, or do you hope to take a larger bite into the market? Do you have further plans for more marketing?

>

> My criticism right now: Reading through your responses, some of what you talk about with the driver are things I didn't know prior to this Q&A. The youtube videos featuring your driver are very low on info. It seems you are really missing out on educating the public that you have a great product. I've noticed (for example the Cobra F9) has created a huge buzz through youtube reviews and folks here reporting back. Are there plans to get your clubs into more reviewer hands?

We ARE passionate about what we are doing ... hopefully, it shows. Yes, we are comfortable being a smaller player in the golf equipment market. We are focused on the serious and usually more accomplished players. Again, we aren't trying to be 'everything to everybody' (as most of the larger companies do). Somebody once said that strategy ultimately leads companies to become 'nothing to nobody'.

We do plan to do more marketing, and try to stretch every dollar we have now. Good ideas on YouTube, etc. We are creating as much online content as we can with our small team here in Fort Worth. And, yes, we want to get our clubs into the hands of as many reviewers as we can ... we know we win when Ben Hogan products are compared to our competitors.

Ooh, shoot. I forgot to add this to my original post. If you get to this question, great. If not, I understand.

I had the opportunity to try one of the new putters. The quality is great! The finish is perfect. I was wondering if you guys had any plans on expanding upon the head shapes? Would love to see a more traditional looking Anser style blade. I have seen the feedback on the mallets, and people are absolutely loving them.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

> @radiman said:

> Ooh, shoot. I forgot to add this to my original post. If you get to this question, great. If not, I understand.

>

> I had the opportunity to try one of the new putters. The quality is great! The finish is perfect. I was wondering if you guys had any plans on expanding upon the head shapes? Would love to see a more traditional looking Anser style blade. I have seen the feedback on the mallets, and people are absolutely loving them.

Looking at some new designs for 2020. The BHB01 is a pretty classic / traditional design, though. Our customers do love the putter line ... in addition to looking fantastic, they feel incredible. This is due to the fact that they are forged; not cast. We'd be willing to bet that MOST golfers have NEVER hit a forged putter before. The vast majority of putters on the market ... especially from the 'big guys' ... are investment cast.

• Like 1

Thanks for coming in and answering all of these questions. I love the direction the brand is heading and getting the inside scoop was cool. Good luck!

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

> @Divdevil said:

> Can you explain the relationship between your clubs and apparel? I wonder how the Walmart partnership affects your brand?

I am pretty sure they are completely separate entities. If I remember right, Perry Ellis owns the clothing line?

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

So golf helped me get out of a dark time of my life and I fell in love so much with it that I started designing my own equipment as a little hobby to keep myself creative any advice on what to do with my designs should I try to turn them into a reality? I also love your business model and I actually think about acquiring Ben Hogan Irons Wedges and Putter which ones are the best for beginners who want to become scratch players and receive a sponsors exemption for the Mayakoba Classic before they turn 30

Hi,

I’ve been a long time Fan of Mr. Hogan’s.

Starting with the 88 redlines which changed my focus and love for the game.

I currently play the TK wedges and FT

Worth 15 irons.

I love the wedges and the irons, and am curious as to why the wedges were discontinued.

I’m wondering if you would please compare the new design to the TK version and explain the benefits of it vs the original.

Thanks for your time,

Forever a fan.

Dave

^thanks. I think no clothing line > @radiman said:

> > @Divdevil said:

> > Can you explain the relationship between your clubs and apparel? I wonder how the Walmart partnership affects your brand?

>

> I am pretty sure they are completely separate entities. If I remember right, Perry Ellis owns the clothing line?

Thanks. Looks like I missed the comment about it above mine.

Thank you for taking my question! BH has a killer lineup now.

> @benhogangolf said:

> > @DNice26 said:

> > How does the feel of the PTx irons compare to the fort worth irons? What sort of testing is done to maintain a nice solid sound and feel?

> > Thank you!

>

>

> There are significant differences in design and construction on the Ft. Worth and PTx PRO irons. In short, the Ft. Worth irons are traditional single-piece forgings and were really designed for highly skilled players.

>

> The PTx PRO irons are equally as beautiful, but there is a lot of technology going on ‘under the hood’. All are created using three (3) separate pieces … a forged face and ‘frame’, with various amounts of heavy Tungsten and lightweight Titanium used in various heads to achieve certain performance requirements.

>

> The PTx PRO irons are for a much broader range of players. We have some very accomplished players (including Tour players) using them … as well as many 12 – 15 handicap golfers … using them with much success.

>

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]