2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Bennington Bag Questions

I have read some reviews for the quiet system tech, but not too much talk about how they fair while walking with a push cart. I went from riding to mostly walking over the past year and my cart bag seems to be a bit big. It works, but it is large and the woods end up in the back of the bag, towards the handle. I am increasingly wondering why it is such a struggle to find the iron I need as well. Are there bags MADE for push carts? I have a Caddytek from Costco which I really like. These Bennington bags interest me because of the organization more so over the silencing; however, some real feedback would be appreciated.

The Caddytek push cart has a design for stand bags to nestle it in as well. I need to test my old stand bag, but I am still in the game for a new bag, regardless. CaddyTek CaddyLite EZ Version 8 – Caddytek

4OUY9PCFVLX2.jpg

Any way to size that image?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have used the Bennington QO-12 in a US version with a strong polyester cloth and a Euro version of it with PU Leather. They both are now 11 years old, and the PU leather version is horrid looking on the outside, but all pockets/zippers and the interior club dividers are still very good.

The US version with cloth has great condition exterior still - zippers & pockets as well. But the interior club dividers are trashed, and that bag can no longer be push carted as you can't get clubs in/out at the increased lean angle of my Clicgear 3.5. In fact, even on a drive cart where the bag sits vertical @ 90 deg, I can barely insert or remove clubs - so I retired it.

Bennington bags are pretty stout overall - their QO versions are much taller than any other bag out there so on a push cart it should do fine as long as their interior dividers hold up.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

I have the quiet organizer Bennington bag on a Cligear 3.5. It's a nice combo but the bag itself is very heavy so it can be a slight chore to push at times. It is tall enough where I have no issues grabbing clubs out, and with the separate dividers, my clubs are always in the same place. Not perfect but it's a great combo and I have no desire to change for the time being. The other benefit to the Bennington is that it fits very well on golf carts, and the clubs do not rattle around. There is plenty of storage and it's very well made.

As a follow-up, add some details about what happened likely to the interior of my previous QO-12. I took it apart, refusing to believe there was issues with the cloth divider inside. Bennington is so

well made, they have a hard shell case around those club slots. All the lower pockets are outside of it. Well, one thing I used to do was jam in full powerades and Ice bricks in the cooler compartment. I believe that pressure cracked the shell on push cart days. Also, it is possible somebody contributed to that at a course when I was not looking at some level, not on purpose, though.

So, I am considering another QO-12 as my one still used has horridly cracked/worn PU skin while still very intact zippers/pockets/interior. Just that steep $300 mark is the next step!

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

Yes. You can still buy a Bennington 9 LITE bag on Amazon and probably other places. I'm not sure but "In the Hole Golf" also used to carry Bennington bags. The company does not sell direct.

I have a Bennington Quiet Organizer Cart Bag. I have used it for a number of years and had another for multiple seasons before this one. Nothing is perfect, but I found the Bennington Quiet Organizers to be ideal for MY wants and needs in a cart bag.

stevegp

I have a Bennington LQO 9 stand bag and love it. I’ve had it 3-4 years and zero issues with it so far. I don’t walk, mostly cart rider (except earlier this year when courses were walking only) but it fits great on my pushcart too. I like the stand bag better then the cart bag simply because it’s lighter and I can take it on range without it falling over. The organizer part is best I’ve ever seen too. I’ve owned the 14 cart and 14 water cart bags too.

ed2a05e5-f321-4b60-9e31-eced35e2ee10.jpeg

63405bfc-6dfb-4fe0-af7a-23f2e1e8bafe.jpeg

f5e6f1f0-a749-4092-af6e-78c9c4bcee3f.jpeg

3102190a-3e5a-4e8f-b959-e2356a1a285e.jpeg

Driver:  MIZUNO STX-230 (9.5) - Hzrdus Black GEN4 60/6.0

Fwy:  MIZUNO STG-T.I. 3w (14) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (17.5) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hyb: COBRA F7 Hybrid (20.5) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out what "Shaft friendly foam insert is waterproof and will not crack" means in the description of these Bennington bags. Is there foam under the organizer cap that has holes drilled full length to act as dividers?

There are a few knockoff type bags on eBay and Amazon right now (Founders and EG EAGOLE) that look like decent buys, but I question if the club grips get caught on the cap when pulling them out of the bag.

So I had to replace Both of my QO-12 Benningtons as at 11 yrs, there were issues with each.

I just got the 2020 IRO QO 14. Well, impressions on design are good. Pockets available and size. The cooler pocket it skinnier than my US QO-12 version by far, and a little skinnier than my Euro version.

But my biggest concern is the material. It is much flimsier than the US Cloth bag. My Euro bag was a cloth with PU coating - very thick but all flaked off (hence thrown away). This 2020 IRO is thinner, so I hope it holds up at least 7-8 yrs. It also is even taller than either QO-12 version.

So this came up in an internet search. I emailed the store and they placed two additional photos. I'm considering buying it just to grab it. The price seems nuts even though it's a used bag. Ladies but it's just the color. Could always use it in the garage for winter golf. If someone here could use it, no skin off my back.

https://www.playitagainsports.com/product/florence-ky/11703-S000095905/Used-Bennington-FINE-LEATHER-BAG-Golf-Cart-Bags